Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pavilion 11 Owners

Default Rental at Pavillion

Seems not many units, esp those on stack 3 and 7, are still up for rental..

Surprised that rentals are still down. Heard the best rates are 6k per mth??

Quote Originally Posted by Riverund
    Seems not many units, esp those on stack 3 and 7, are still up for rental..

Surprised that rentals are still down. Heard the best rates are 6k per mth??
    there are many agents in this forum

they advertise here .. for sale and for rent ..

but theyNEVER ever commented on whats the real rental tahts gone thru .. in new and old projects

i see Hillcrest villa advertising 10k rental .. i know of a friend who managed to rent out at 9k after undercutting each other ..seems alot out for rent

2 yrs ago a rented a 2 bed room at RV .. remember they advertised 4.3k i negotiated to 3.5k ... and requested for partial furnishing .. and got it ..

i just checked .. its still around 3.5k so what is the true demand for rental ? no one really knows ... unless some kind hearted agent care to reveal ...

despite all the press saying more expats coming .. companies employing .. i really havent seen a pick up in rental ...

my feel is that .. there are alot more condos now than before .. and expats coming in are mere replacement of those let go last yr ..

so nett effect .. we may indeed have a surplus of condos out for rent ..

check out those 4 bedrooms .. over 2000 sqft .. looks terrible ...

i rememeber my GM rented 4 seasons .. paid 24k many years ago .. it is now an old condo .. asking only 15k ..
    then again those new ones nearby CANT command 20k ... just reinforce my view that rental ..hard to go up

Agrees with proud owner.

To me everything is cyclical....things will; come down esp with so much units coming on line.....

The unemployment is still very very very high in US and China....nothing has really improves fundamentally.....

How can rental goes up in the near future when thousands
    of units will be available with the TOP of so many condos launched in the last few years... unless they is a significant additional influx of expats on top of those who are merely replacement of the former that has left...
    In short..unlikely as i was told by my agent can cover monthly loan installments + maintainance is considered acceptable by some investers

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    Dec 12, 2009

Surge in asset prices to fuel inflation: HSBC

Rate could hit 4% next half-year as spending and home prices climb

By Fiona Chan

HSBC also expects the property market to continue to strengthen. Interest rates are still low, banks are still prepared to lend and households are not saddled with a lot of debt, which means borrowing to buy a home should be relatively cheap and easy.

Also, the huge number of property deals between March and September this year augurs well for prices, said Mr Prior- Wandesforde. According to his data, a jump in transactions often leads to a surge in housing prices.

The price gap between HDB flats and private homes is also close to the narrowest it has been since the 1990s, before which data is not available.

A narrow price gap usually means that more HDB dwellers will upgrade to private housing, Mr Prior-Wandesforde said.

He believes concerns of an oversupply are överblöwn. The 34,100 figure of unsold units in the third quarter of this year is much lower than the 43,400 in the 4th quarter of last year, and not far from the all-time low of 30,300 in 2007, he said.

All this means that Mr Prior-Wandesforde expects private home prices to rise an average of 2% to 3% for each quarter next year.
    Fiona spent so much time writing the following:
    "A concerns of an oversupply are överblöwn. The 34,100 figure of unsold units in the 3rd quarter of this year is much lower than the 43,400 in the 4th quarter of last year, and not far from the all-time löw of 30,300 in 2007."

But people still prefer making up stories and ignoring the boring facts.

Poor Fiona!

fiona is referring to unsold units. the discussion above is referring to sold units which are completing in the next 3 years but with the intention of leasing out. i think the published articles do not give an accurate picture of the oversupply because they refer only to unsold units. i guess their implicit assumption (since they do not discuss about units which people bought to lease out) is that all sold units can be held on to without the need for renting out. This is obviously not the case if you talk to agents. I am very surprised. You are a recent buyer of a district 9 property but you don't seem to discuss such issues with your agent very much but instead rely only on published news articles? Doesn't the on the ground reality matter more?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Fiona spent so much time writing the following:
    "A concerns of an oversupply are överblöwn. The 34,100 figure of unsold units in the 3rd quarter of this year is much lower than the 43,400 in the 4th quarter of last year, and not far from the all-time löw of 30,300 in 2007."

But people still prefer making up stories and ignoring the boring facts.

Poor Fiona!

"But people still prefer making up stories and ignoring the boring facts.
    "....
    humm.. sounds exactly like one, but somehow people still doesnt realised in this republic island , media is "controlled"........ with propoganda

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    fiona is referring to unsold units. the discussion above is referring to sold units which are completing in the next 3 years but with the intention of leasing out. i think the published articles do not give an accurate picture of the oversupply because they refer only to unsold units. i guess their implicit assumption (since they do not discuss about units which people bought to lease out) is that all sold units can be held on to without the need for renting out. This is obviously not the case if you talk to agents. I am very surprised. You are a recent buyer of a district 9 property but you don't seem to discuss such issues with your agent very much but instead rely only on published news articles? Doesn't the on the ground reality matter more?
    ... cos' I ain't you ...
    ... I dun believe in hear-says, I believe in facts ...

I have not passed any judgement on any of the postings above (i.e. I did not say any of you were right or wrong).

Please show us figures to support the following claims so that others will not be misled:
    1. "... my feel is that .. there are alot more condos now than before .. and expats coming in are mere replacement of those let go last yr ..

so nett effect .. we may indeed have a surplus of condos out for rent .."
    2. "... the unemployment is still very very very high in ... China ..."
    3. "... How can rental goes up in the near future when thousands
    of units will be available with the TOP of so many condos launched in the last few years? ..."

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    "But people still prefer making up stories and ignoring the boring facts.
    "....
    humm.. sounds exactly like one, but somehow people still doesnt realised in this republic island , media is "controlled"........ with propoganda
    And the reason we should ignore the figures but believe in your words would be?
    And you are?

its not hear-says. i have worked with the agents i talk to for a long time so i know they are telling the truth about the reality out there.

you know that agents as a whole have an agenda to keep prices and rentals up because of the commissions they earn so how do you expect reports of the poor rental situation to be published at all?

anyway, its alright. you believe what you want to and i will do the same for my beliefs. afterall, you are the one who recently bought a district 9 property so good luck for your purchase.

... cos' I ain't you ...
    ... I dun believe in hear-says, I believe in facts ...

I have not passed any judgement on any of the postings above (i.e. I did not say any of you were right or wrong).

Please show us figures to support the following claims so that others will not be misled:
    1. "... my feel is that .. there are alot more condos now than before .. and expats coming in are mere replacement of those let go last yr ..

so nett effect .. we may indeed have a surplus of condos out for rent .."
    2. "... the unemployment is still very very very high in ... China ..."
    3. "... How can rental goes up in the near future when thousands
    of units will be available with the TOP of so many condos launched in the last few years? ..."

its not hear-says. i have worked with the agents i talk to for a long time so i know they are telling the truth about the reality out there.

you know that agents as a whole have an agenda to keep prices and rentals up because of the commissions they earn so how do you expect reports of the poor rental situation to be published at all?

anyway, its alright. you believe what you want to and i will do the same for my beliefs. afterall, you are the one who recently bought a district 9 property so good luck for your purchase.
    You think the reason I posted has got to do with:
    1. My recent purchase?
    2. They have different believe from me?

You may be narrow-minded. I am not.

Do you know why I never argue with their observation that rental is bad? Because there are figures readily available to support the claim. There is nothing misleading about the observation.

They made more claims after that. I am just wondering if these claims are misleading. I am waiting for them to provide the figures to support these claims.

And you are?
    when did i say anyone should listen to my words and ignore the facts?
    and who are you?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Rentals got a lot to do with the locations and amenities around. Heard from agents that recently those condos in good convenient locations and with amenities nearby already got their rentals jacked up (in newly signed tenancy agreements). As such, rentals bad or going down is true for some places while not true for others. You have to experience that to believe that this is so.

haha, i never thought your posting has anything to do with your recent d9 purchase. i really wanted to wish you well ahead of the new year so there is no need for personal attacks like saying others are narrow minded.

the oversupply situation discussed refers to the sold and going to TOP units so your article on oversupply relating to unsold units is not so relevant here.

1. My recent purchase?

Do you know why I never argue with their observation that rental is bad? Because there are figures readily available to support the claim. There is nothing misleading about the observation.

They made more claims after that. I am just wondering if these claims are misleading. I am waiting for them to provide the figures to support these claims.

that is true. however, it is only happening at the very top end of the market actually. for the CCR but not luxury class, the rentals are actually neither falling nor going up. a very simple reason is that expats' company sponsored budget caps are still there eg 3k, 5k, 8k. as proud owner mentioned, the rental market for the big 4 bedrooms is particularly bad. many brand new ones are struggling to find tenants at 8k becoz there are not that many tenants with such a budget vs the number of units completed and coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Rentals got a lot to do with the locations and amenities around. Heard from agents that recently those condos in good convenient locations and with amenities nearby already got their rentals jacked up (in newly signed tenancy agreements). As such, rentals bad or going down is true for some places while not true for others. You have to experience that to believe that this is so.

1. My recent purchase?

The rental has gone up again.

It is nothing fantastic, but it has gone up again.

I know because every now and then I have leases up for renewal.

In fact, due to the very low SIBOR rate of only 1+ %, the rentals are able to completely cover the mortgage, with extra few hundreds leftover per property per month.

But even if they do not cover, I am perfectly ok to come up with some of my own money to top up because, at the end of the day, I am going to own the property, not the tenant.

In fact, I feel a bit guilty that the tenants are helping me to pay for my properties. Sometimes I feel they must have owed me something in their previous lives.

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi, 12.16 pm
    "But people still prefer making up stories and ignoring the boring facts." ....

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter, 12.19 pm
    And you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogyi, 1.05 pm
    when did i say anyone should listen to my words and ignore the facts?
    and who are you?
    I am someone who is still waiting for you to justify your claims.

if things are so rosy, why:

25 Akyab Road #21-05
    Freehold
    $1210
    $1796k
    25 Aug 09

25 Akyab Road #27-05
    Freehold
    $1200
    $1782k
    14 Sep 09

and the latest caveat is:

25 Akyab Road #22-05
    Freehold
    $1144
    $1700k
    07 Dec 09

Don't try to hard to scrutinize too small a dataset because they are not representative of a bigger trend. If you look at other stacks and places and the picture is different.

if things are so rosy, why:

25 Akyab Road #21-05
    Freehold
    $1210
    $1796k
    25 Aug 09

25 Akyab Road #27-05
    Freehold
    $1200
    $1782k
    14 Sep 09

and the latest caveat is:

25 Akyab Road #22-05
    Freehold
    $1144
    $1700k
    07 Dec 09

i am just learning from reporter, just as he highlights a single record psf, i am trying to do the same for falls.

Don't try to hard to scrutinize too small a dataset because they are not representative of a bigger trend. If you look at other stacks and places and the picture is different.

I am someone who is still waiting for you to justify your claims.
    ????? u can have the last say... i see that u needed that

Ok fair enough.

i am just learning from reporter, just as he highlights a single record psf, i am trying to do the same for falls.

Ok fair enough.
    Highlighting a single record psf is different from highlighting the falls within the potpourri of data.

The "record psf" serves a very important function, because it serves as a benchmark. Each "record psf" makes people sit up and notice the market.

Imagine this news headline say, sometime in the future, "First HDB Resale Closed Above $1 million". It will make people sit up and do some soul searching, or go have a walk in the garden to reflect about their lives.

On the other hand, within the potpourri of housing data, there will always be some which rise and some which fall. Even after, say, the first HDB resale closes above $1 million, there will continue to be some HDB flats which rise, and some which fall.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Highlighting a single record psf is different from highlighting the falls within the potpourri of data.

The "record psf" serves a very important function, because it serves as a benchmark. Each "record psf" makes people sit up and notice the market.

Imagine this news headline say, sometime in the future, "First HDB Resale Closed Above $1 million". It will make people sit up and do some soul searching, or go have a walk in the garden to reflect about their lives.

On the other hand, within the potpourri of housing data, there will always be some which rise and some which fall. Even after, say, the first HDB resale closes above $1 million, there will continue to be some HDB flats which rise, and some which fall.
    Thanks for highlighting that bargain hunter, trying to get personal with me, is putting words in my mouth.

I did highlight the record psf. However, I don't remember concluding trend using any set of data. In fact, I don't remember concluding any trend so far.

bargain hunter is a dangerous guy. Need to be careful man!

Thanks for highlighting that bargain hunter, trying to get personal with me, is putting words in my mouth.

I did highlight the record psf. However, I don't remember concluding trend using any set of data. In fact, I don't remember concluding any trend so far.

You did not conclude any trend because you only "report" rather than "analyse". You should provide some analysis to your "reports" so as to make them more meaningful.

In fact, the "record psf" tells us a lot about the trend of the property market.

When the "record psf" goes up, that means the "average psf" has also gone up; although, within the potpourri of housing data, some specific units may go up or down.

For the same reason, in the area of income, the number of people earning more than $1 million per year serves as a very important benchmark.

From zero in 1988, to 100+ in 1998, to 3,838 in 2008, that is a trend.

Some people pointed out previously that this is not reflective of the general income trend for the population, as the pay of fresh graduates and toilet cleaners have stagnated over the past two decades. I beg to differ.

An increase in the topmost pay will pull up the average, even if the lowermost pay remains unchanged.

It's like the effect of global warming and the rising sea level.

All governments in the world are keeping watch on the highest point of the sea level, not on whether a certain water molecule 300 m below the Pacififc Ocean has gone down to 2000 m below, or another water molecule which was 1759 m below the surface of the Indian Ocean is now 25.9 m below the surface of the sea.

It is the surface sea level (equivalent to the "record psf") which tells us how much of the polar ice caps have melted, and whether coastal lines will remain or disappear.

i am just trying to provide some balance. blindly focusing on a single record psf was what the government highlighted back then in 2007 as dangerous. that was also why they introduced the median prices data for more transparency and to prevent people from overhyping a single record psf.

its funny because i have never concluded that prices are in a downtrend, you guys are the ones putting words in my mouth. I merely pointed out comparisons for same stacks and higher floors transacted at lower psf at later dates. Those are real facts that its possible for prices to be done within the same development at lower prices.

From an owner's pespective, analysing, reporting, whatever, using stack 5 is a bad idea.

Stack 5 is about the worst stack in the developement. Pls pardon me if you are reading this and you are in stack 5. Stack 3 and 7 has got unblocked view in front and on the right side. Stack 1 is blocked by Ansley up till level 21 I think. But stack 5 ... it is blocked by stack 3 !

Anyway, it is useless to try to talk up or down the market. I read with laughter the other forum where hundreds of people in Jun/Jul period cursed the record volume and convincingly predicted that the economy is on a W recovery and major crash in Q4 09 - Q1 2010. Now if they look back, they probably laugh at themselves.

If u think the market is going down, sell now. If u think the market is going up, buy now. No need to try convince others, unless u are willing to bear their losses.

Just my simple thoughts.

can stack 6 see any flyer or casino if the unit is below 20 floor since it is unblocked?

In view of current rental mkt condition, would one then go for a 1-yr rental contract vs 2-yrs?

Just interesting to note the expat population at this development, judging by the ang mohs suntanning every weekend .... either at the pool or at their balcony!! Makes viewing the apartments available at P11 all the more interesting.

Wonder if tenant population will be similar at Montebleu....

For stack 1,2,3 have to clear 25th storey ...
    For stack 5,6,7 have to clear 20th I think ... but to be sure, 23rd ...

Tomorrow got fireworks .. the first time since TOP, I think, owners can feedback which floors can see the fireworks ...