Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Parc Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    icon itself has got good facilities and views, this tinny is only 5sty. My fren got the 2BR at $900+psf for icon now renting 4.2K

the only plus point I can think of this is that there may not have many 388 sqft condos around this area so there might be demand but that remains to be seen how such small unit can sustain in a long run. I will be very sick to face the 4 walls every night.

If I buy would purely for investment and quickly sell once target profits met.

It is not really within walking distance from MRT as well.

Hi,

I think you did not do your research or did it incorrectly!!
    DO NOT SPREAD INCORRECT FACTS.
    Parc Imperial is just literally next door to the Haw Par/West Coast UNDERGROUND MRT station of the upcoming circle line extension opening in end 2010 or early 2011.
    It is just 1 stop to NUS/Kent ridge station, and 3 stops to VivoCity Station, and 2 stops to One-North.

Also, such small footage apartments are common places in Hong Kong, Japan and NY city, and more and more globalized cities in the future.
    In Hong Kong for example, it is common place for FAMILIES (NOT SINGLES!) to live in such apartments of less than 500sqft.
    So just be open as Singapore become more globalized inevitably.
    Last edited by plan; 23-07-10 at 01:07.

Quote Originally Posted by plan
    Hi,

Parc Imperial is just literally next door to the Haw Par/West Coast UNDERGROUND MRT station of the upcoming circle line extension opening in end 2010 or early 2011.
    It is just 1 stop to NUS/Kent ridge station, and 3 stops to VivoCity Station, and 2 stops to One-North.

Also, such small footage apartments are common places in Hong Kong, Japan and NY city, and more and more globalized cities in the future.
    In Hong Kong for example, it is common place for FAMILIES (NOT SINGLES!) to live in such apartments of less than 500sqft.
    i thought its 4 ??

pasir panjang station ( opposite Yew siang Rd) , Labrador stn, Telok Blangah Stn, then Vivo ..

am i right ?

aiya, dun like Mm unit...hoot big big units la...small leads to lower quantum, higher holding power. big balls hoot big big units lah...lower rental yield and must have strong holding power....low risk low gain...high risk high gain mah.

some hybrid ones can choose average sized units lah...in between mah...

Hi,

The post was in response to a new project viva vista @ Pasir Panjang which is not near MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i thought its 4 ??

pasir panjang station ( opposite Yew siang Rd) , Labrador stn, Telok Blangah Stn, then Vivo ..

am i right ?
    ya 4. West Coast should be Har Par Villa now.

http://www.singaporepropertymarket.c...system_map.htm

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Can anyone confirm whether they are opening the Haw Par station when that line is completed? I remember previously the plan is just an empty shell just like Woodsville MRT station?

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    aiya, dun like Mm unit...hoot big big units la...small leads to lower quantum, higher holding power. big balls hoot big big units lah...lower rental yield and must have strong holding power....low risk low gain...high risk high gain mah.

some hybrid ones can choose average sized units lah...in between mah...
    Fundamentally, SG still have abundance of land parcels and HDB units still within liveable sizes. I do not think that our near future say 20 years all of us will be in MM units as there are choices for people of different budgets.

MM units only cater to certain type of people, mostly singles and non singaporeans working in SG. Family? erm......

I think it is only sensible to get a reasonable size unit, freehold, good location which one have the option for own stay, rent out while waiting for the property to appreciate its values.

If you have extra cash, invest in MM unit but in the longer term it is better to place bet on a reasonable size units (2BR of 1000 sq ft) cos we do not know how many MM units is going to be built thus far.

At least with a sizable unit, one can have the option to rent out to single or family.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Can anyone confirm whether they are opening the Haw Par station when that line is completed? I remember previously the plan is just an empty shell just like Woodsville MRT station?
    I remembered I read from the Straits Times Haw Par is planned to open sometimes in late 2011. (Plan only) But I reckon should be bah ....... Haw Par is still a "tourist attraction" and there are alot of residential units in the vicinity.

Cannot think of a reason garment decides otherwise.

both r scheduled to open.

anyw doesnt affect u wat...u drive...zoom zoom

Fundamentally, SG still have abundance of land parcels and HDB units still within liveable sizes. I do not think that our near future say 20 years all of us will be in MM units as there are choices for people of different budgets.

MM units only cater to certain type of people, mostly singles and non singaporeans working in SG. Family? erm......

I think it is only sensible to get a reasonable size unit, freehold, good location which one have the option for own stay, rent out while waiting for the property to appreciate its values.

If you have extra cash, invest in MM unit but in the longer term it is better to place bet on a reasonable size units (2BR of 1000 sq ft) cos we do not know how many MM units is going to be built thus far.

At least with a sizable unit, one can have the option to rent out to single or family.
    so, NOT everyone favor MM units...even in this forum, i wud say majority prefer at least a 2bedder...just bcoz some ppl in the forum r keen in MM units couple with those recently launched small MM developments, doesnt mean the majority tinks the same.

and its very gd news...if not who am i gona to sell my ppty to?

The post was in response to a new project viva vista @ Pasir Panjang which is not near MRT.
    OIC I am not aware of viva vista.

I drive but my kids cannot drive wah.

both r scheduled to open.

anyw doesnt affect u wat...u drive...zoom zoom

I prefer 3 BRs - good for small family or living with parents also can. Actually spacious 3BRs becoming like antique (difficult to find anymore!). Nowsadays, the 3BR at 13xx sqft their bedrooms also look so small (e.g. Residences@Eveyln, Cyan, 368 Thomson, Trilight, etc etc). Their usable space is less than the older 11xx sqft 3BRs!.

so, NOT everyone favor MM units...even in this forum, i wud say majority prefer at least a 2bedder...just bcoz some ppl in the forum r keen in MM units couple with those recently launched small MM developments, doesnt mean the majority tinks the same.

and its very gd news...if not who am i gona to sell my ppty to?

I prefer 3 BRs - good for small family or living with parents also can. Actually spacious 3BRs becoming like antique (difficult to find anymore!). Nowsadays, the 3BR at 13xx sqft their bedrooms also look so small (e.g. Residences@Eveyln, Cyan, 368 Thomson, Trilight, etc etc). Their usable space is less than the older 11xx sqft 3BRs!.
    I am staying in 2000sq ft HDB and enjoying every single space of it. If quarrel with hubby, at least no need to kick him out of the house, just ask him to hide in one of the 3 toilets.

I would prefer to get a 2BR for retirement. Thats my minimum. With Kids, I think 3BR should be the min. :-)

Working life already so stressful, prefer to get a spacious home to destress.

OIC I am not aware of viva vista.
    developer cashing on MM crazes.... Got to be careful with MM units, particularly those mini MMs. If renting out is no longer an options due to whatsoever reasons, can it be for own stay? If not, then have to wait til one day, the property appreciates or sell at a lost. But with so many units around (suppose not in D5 at the moment), it remains to be seen once MM units loses its popularity.

Just my thoughts.

developer cashing on MM crazes.... Got to be careful with MM units, particularly those mini MMs. If renting out is no longer an options due to whatsoever reasons, can it be for own stay? If not, then have to wait til one day, the property appreciates or sell at a lost. But with so many units around (suppose not in D5 at the moment), it remains to be seen once MM units loses its popularity.

Just my thoughts.
    i tink 3xxsqft no matter wat still can find tenants...the question is how much only...its like a size of a master bedrm with attached toilet
    condo master rooms r fetching 800 to close to 2k...so i tink, die die still got demand for such units...its just a matter of how much rental?
    unless they build a pigeon hole less den 50sqft which is smaller den a common bedroom...which i dun tink govt will approve lah

even those 3xxsqft in geylang...sure can find tenants...but how much? hehe...but hey: 3xxsqft geylang cost ard 400k rite...let say rental 1.5k/mth..gross rental yield: 4.5%!!!! and FH somemore...or 1.5k too much?
    Last edited by devilplate; 23-07-10 at 16:10.

I am staying in 2000sq ft HDB and enjoying every single space of it. If quarrel with hubby, at least no need to kick him out of the house, just ask him to hide in one of the 3 toilets.

I would prefer to get a 2BR for retirement. Thats my minimum. With Kids, I think 3BR should be the min. :-)

Working life already so stressful, prefer to get a spacious home to destress.
    meaning to say, u aso tinking of downgrading in size....and u started from 2000sqft to mabe 1000sqft 2bedder in future

so those staying in 1000sqft downgrade to 500sqft? den 500sqft to wat? 3xxsqft MM lor. haha

Default Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by ParcImperial
    Yes, i agree.

On another note, i am considering converting the property to tenancy-in-common with my wife. The idea is to save on rental tax by allocating more of the rental income to my wife, who has a lower annual income than me. We are in a taxation bracket.
    I started a new thread on this:
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...652#post101652

Would anyone advise if this is sound?
    I was thinking of similar ways until my friend told a story of his friend: He put almost 100% ownership to his wife for tax saving. But a few years later, their relationiship didn't work out. And court awarded almost 100% to his wife regardless he is the only one paying the morgage. It is called gift to wife.
    So it can be too expensive to play the tax saving (about 1 month's rental depending on your tax bracket.)
    So reject such suggestion!

Default First offer!

Just got my 1st offer, local single lady for her own stay. S$2.5k/m for 2 years. no furnitures required.
    It is a surprise to me. I was shopping for furnitures, feeling getting a new home, and planned to stay at least for one night.
    But now SHE will be shopping for furniture, thinking it is HER new home!
    No wonder my friend end up with own stay rather than renting out.

But I guess I will close the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Just got my 1st offer, local single lady for her own stay. S$2.5k/m for 2 years. no furnitures required.
    It is a surprise to me. I was shopping for furnitures, feeling getting a new home, and planned to stay at least for one night.

BRAVO! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Rented Out

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

A Philippine genetlment working nearby has grabed the offer. He paid on the spot.
    S$2.5k / mon for 2 years, no furniture.
    But I need to buy a LG front load washer + drier.
    He pays the rental by GIRO.

My unit is 495 sqf, pool facing.

Some of the smaller units, fully furnished are going at S$2.3K /mon.

blah blah blah

talk cock sing song very good..

next month exercise diplomatic clause and novate the contract.

Which owner would come in and brag? That tells u the hidden agenda.

Fcuk off with the good rental yield news on your own unit. Perhaps if it is from URA, you can share. Otherwise... hidden agenda... WTF!

quite true.... if i sold my units earning big bucks...i will not post here.

but really got units selling with tenancy...coporate lease 2.3k(those smaller studio units) but again, we can say tenants can break lease after u exercise ur option...haha

but really got hidden agenda, its very useless to post here....limited exposure

meaning to say, u aso tinking of downgrading in size....and u started from 2000sqft to mabe 1000sqft 2bedder in future

so those staying in 1000sqft downgrade to 500sqft? den 500sqft to wat? 3xxsqft MM lor. haha
    thinking of cashing out from leasehold since market sediment is good and keep my $ to wait for another drop.. Already secured a FH unit last year TOP 1Q2011.

There is a FH terrace corner in JB of 350K bought in 1999. The rental is only 600 per month. I dont not think it is worthwhile as the return of investment is so low and you need to maintain the property as well. Tried to sell at 280K for 1 year to no avail. The ppty is still on hold.

This is the scenario I am referring. So how low is low, nobody knows but there must be a point where it must make it worthwhile to hang on to the property.

For those who has 40 ppty with deep pocket, just pass this post.

i tink 3xxsqft no matter wat still can find tenants...the question is how much only...its like a size of a master bedrm with attached toilet
    condo master rooms r fetching 800 to close to 2k...so i tink, die die still got demand for such units...its just a matter of how much rental?
    unless they build a pigeon hole less den 50sqft which is smaller den a common bedroom...which i dun tink govt will approve lah

even those 3xxsqft in geylang...sure can find tenants...but how much? hehe...but hey: 3xxsqft geylang cost ard 400k rite...let say rental 1.5k/mth..gross rental yield: 4.5%!!!! and FH somemore...or 1.5k too much?

Default Mind your language

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    blah blah blah

talk cock sing song very good..

next month exercise diplomatic clause and novate the contract.

Which owner would come in and brag? That tells u the hidden agenda.

Fcuk off with the good rental yield news on your own unit. Perhaps if it is from URA, you can share. Otherwise... hidden agenda... WTF!
    Thanks for the reminder of diplomatic clause. What I understand is the clause can only be exercised after 12 months.

My customer will need to prepare a lot of money: 1 month agent fee, 2 months deposit, 1 month rental, and a few thousand for furniture. That's 10K+. When I just arrived in Singapore years back, I know how hard it was. So let's be nice to each other.

And let's try to use nice languages.

Thanks,
    Richard

thinking of cashing out from leasehold since market sediment is good and keep my $ to wait for another drop.. Already secured a FH unit last year TOP 1Q2011.
    HDB leasehold shd be fine rite? majority stays in HDB wor...govt will do smthing de

There is a FH terrace corner in JB of 350K bought in 1999. The rental is only 600 per month. I dont not think it is worthwhile as the return of investment is so low and you need to maintain the property as well. Tried to sell at 280K for 1 year to no avail. The ppty is still on hold.

This is the scenario I am referring. So how low is low, nobody knows but there must be a point where it must make it worthwhile to hang on to the property.

For those who has 40 ppty with deep pocket, just pass this post.
    not sure with JB...i dare not even drive in there....not worth to risk my life there....

interestingly, 1bedders over at little india area can fetch 2.5k...there is one TOP 2-3mths ago and most of the units oredi found tenants which i tink is quite fast...i recce ard there and spotted few groups of ang mor entering and leaving the apt.

HDB leasehold shd be fine rite? majority stays in HDB wor...govt will do smthing de
    capital appreciate slow for a 2000 sq ft (complete with private smaller unit) and it was not directly from hdb.
    Last edited by rattydrama; 25-07-10 at 11:07.

not sure with JB...i dare not even drive in there....not worth to risk my life there....

interestingly, 1bedders over at little india area can fetch 2.5k...there is one TOP 2-3mths ago and most of the units oredi found tenants which i tink is quite fast...i recce ard there and spotted few groups of ang mor entering and leaving the apt.
    this shows that market very good... Anything goes