Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: Centro

$1000psft! Is this going to break records in Ang Mo Kio?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    thats why i always say ,,, buy BIG units... they are becoming a rarity
    BIG units still available at Clover!

Default Answering.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Oh, how many 'pockets' of such sky garden/terrace?
    There would only be one sky villa at the 33rd storey.
    On the 6th floor there would be the swimming facilities and spa features. Interested, do let me know i would do my best to assist you.

Aaron

Direct Developer Sale.

Mmmm..Centro's launch price starting from $1,200psf for low floor..high above 30th fl price can be $1,400-$1,500psf!Better consider Citylights which is so much nearer to town, 1 mins to MRT, 5 mins to town and IR and can ve good seaview!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcl
    Mmmm..Centro's launch price starting from $1,200psf for low floor..high above 30th fl price can be $1,400-$1,500psf!Better consider Citylights which is so much nearer to town, 1 mins to MRT, 5 mins to town and IR and can ve good seaview!
    zhun bor 1.2k low floor is really crazy pricing

Have to pay mortgage until 80 years old to enjoy this development... maybe longer.

Is ok Singaporean lifespan is getting longer.

Centro $1,200 psf.

Grandeur 8, just a bus stop away, was launched @$475 psf 6 years ago..

Almost tripled!!

Default For your information

The quoting price for Centro Residences is actually from $1150 and not $1200. Further updates would be highlighted in due time.

Thanks.
    Aaron | 90287921.

i really must kow tow to any buyers who pay 1150 or 1200psf for this project! LOL

FROM 1m for 2 bedder and 1.4m from 3 bedder in ang mo kio? far east.

Quote Originally Posted by propertysale01
    The quoting price for Centro Residences is actually from $1150 and not $1200. Further updates would be highlighted in due time.

Thanks.
    Aaron | 90287921.

wah... imagine if i buy a 3 bedders at 1.3 or 1.4m....... 5yrs down the road want to upgrade, I must sell at least 1.5m or 1.6m to break even and also left only 92yrs to go. Can I fetch my asking??

Quote Originally Posted by tick
    Centro $1,200 psf.

Grandeur 8, just a bus stop away, was launched @$475 psf 6 years ago..

Almost tripled!!
    rather buy a big unit in Grandeur8 and still got spare cash for a GTR.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...43095,00.html?

Published July 24, 2009

Preview of two condo projects planned for next week

One is next to Ang Mo Kio Hub and the other beside Tanah Merah MRT Station

TWO 99-year-leasehold condominium projects next to MRT stations are slated to be previewed next week - Far East Organization's Centro Residences next to Ang Mo Kio Hub and TID's Optima@Tanah Merah.

Price expectations: Market watchers suggest Optima (above) could be priced at about $750-$800 psf on average, while prices at Centro Residences are tipped to start from $1,150 psf

Prices at the 34-storey Centro Residences are tipped to start from $1,150 per square foot (psf). Far East bought the site at a state tender in September 2007 for $601 psf per plot ratio. That was a record price for suburban condo land.

Analysts reckon Far East's breakeven cost for the project could be close to $1,000 psf.

They suggest that Far East is releasing the project, which is along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, to ride on the current home buying momentum but it may release only about 100 or so units initially and sell the rest as construction proceeds to extract higher prices progressively. The condo has a total of 329 units.

Far East is starting its preview on Wednesday evening and will release two and three-bedroom units.

A typical two-bedder of about 800 square feet could cost about $900,000, while a typical three-bedroom apartment of 950 sq ft may be priced on average at about $1.15 million.

As for Optima, beside the Tanah Merah MRT Station, market watchers suggest it could be priced at about $750-$800 psf on average.

They based this estimate on current average pricing for Waterfront Key in Bedok ($735 psf) and Dakota Residences ($900 psf) and adjusted for locational differences.

The 297-unit Optima will be a 14-storey project comprising one-bedroom studio apartments as well as two, three and four-bedroom apartments plus 18 penthouses.

Developer TID is a joint venture between Mitsui Fudosan of Japan and Hong Leong Group Singapore.

Another Hong Leong unit, Tripartite Developers, previewed The Gale along Upper Changi Road two weeks ago. The 329-unit freehold project, priced at $650 to $725 psf, is over 80 per cent sold.

With the release of Centro and Optima, the pipeline of suburban condos on 99-year-leasehold sites bought at state tenders will shrink further.

This will increase impetus on developers to trigger the release of sites on the government's reserve list, analysts say.

Already, the government has announced the release of two sites from this list this week - at Chestnut Avenue and Dakota Crescent.

Default MRT NOISE FROM AMK STATION

Units having the city view will be affected by the noise from the MRT that is above ground.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Even "ICON" lookalike so what. No logic at all to fetch price abobe $1000 psf.
    Might as well buy Vista Residences by Far East or The Arte.
    Freehold, Full Condo and along Thomson road/ Balestier in CCR.

MRT so-what ? AMK is still in suburb further than Novena, Toa Payoh or even Bishan outside of Circle-Line MRT. There are many condo next to MRT stop.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Units having the city view will be affected by the noise from the MRT that is above ground.
    At 34 sty It is consider low by today std.
    There is no City-view from AMK really . Look at the no of 40 stys in Bishan
    and even more at the Great Wall of Toa Payoh Central. Can not even have a glimpse of CBD or even Orchard beyong these wall unless you are at 50 sty high.

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    At 34 sty It is consider low by today std.
    There is no City-view from AMK really . Look at the no of 40 stys in Bishan
    and even more at the Great Wall of Toa Payoh Central. Can not even have a glimpse of CBD or even Orchard beyong these wall unless you are at 50 sty high.
    Yeah, nice terminology.

Can attest to that too as used to enjoy nice view of Raffles City Skyline from Bishan Heights until the Great Wall of Toa Payoh Central appears.

Look like Clover By The Park is a good buy now at ave $750 psf with Centro selling above $1000 psf

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    wah... imagine if i buy a 3 bedders at 1.3 or 1.4m....... 5yrs down the road want to upgrade, I must sell at least 1.5m or 1.6m to break even and also left only 92yrs to go. Can I fetch my asking??
    Of course you can!!! there are a lot of suckers out there for you to choose.

So many, so many, so many, untill I also scared

The bubble is growing bigger with every launches....

Once burst, everyone is going to get hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    Of course you can!!! there are a lot of suckers out there for you to choose.

So many, so many, so many, untill I also scared
    Imagine 1.5 or 1.6m can get you a nice decent unit near city and freehold.
    Dun dare to take the challenge even there's suckers.

Far east is so rich but still so _ _ _ _ . I am pretty those who help them to market their project. Just wasting time.

Let's agent and daring buyer earn leh...

Did you see the SHOE layouts of clover and the bay windows?

Quote Originally Posted by tantan
    Look like Clover By The Park is a good buy now at ave $750 psf with Centro selling above $1000 psf

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Hi,
    Do u have any recommendation on which condo is better in district 19 & 20? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tantan
    Hi,
    Do u have any recommendation on which condo is better in district 19 & 20? Thanks.

Nothing now... wait till year end...plenty of project TOP...sure got good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    bay window argument overused till today... at least the ceiling is at 3m..

It will be interesting to see how this project fare at the preview... it is also a test of the upper limit that HDB upgraders will pay for a typical 3 bdrm unit (at 1.4M).

Initially I was looking forward to this launch but with the pricing, can forget abt it...

If this project sells well, expect more new condo units to be priced at or above $1,000 in suburban area...

1.3m? My neighbour sold his 2sty fh terrace for 1.2m 2mths bk. Siao.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Well, I certainly hope so, though they have deep pockets. They put in a ridiculously high bid for the land and hence have to sell at a high price (I recall reading somewhere their breakeven is approximately $900-950psf).

Pricing from $1150? ....but as always, there are crazy buyers out there

Some personal views and comments, this project is not meant to be marketed to Singaporeans.. it is meant for Foreign Talent with excess cash who are looking for
    1. Near MRT
    2. Near good amenities such as food centres, cinema, banks, grocery shops, etc
    3. Couldn't buy a new HDB due to restrictions
    4. Find HDB and already TOP 99 yr condo projects too old for comfort... i.e. Grandeur 8, Nuovo, Castle Green etc.
    5. Working around these area such with Poly, even Khoo Tech Phuat Hospital (in Future etc)
    Some exceptions would apply too, rich Singaporeans... I think this is going to be like Bishan 8 owners who bought at a high.

Far east can always price it up for poorer than expected sales and rent out the rest of the units, examples are ICON, Meadow Lodge, Lakeshore etc. Question is would you want to invest in this kind of property or stay in a condo with alot of tenants. However, there can be winners too. Icon buyers are a happy bunch (For a balanced view).

This project is also competing with other land parcels, Yishun. Bishan, Toa Payoh, Braddel. When this project is completed, it will capture more rental and thereby depressing the rental market at Grandeur 8 and other older projects (discount rate as compared to this project, even though there should be price appreciation generally). Anything goes, your guess is as good as mine. Take your bet and gamble (Disclaimer).