Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Centro

If we take 93 and divide by 329, its about 30 per cent... enough to start foundation liao... if lucky... can achieve 40% the most by end of this year, if only

Requoting my earlier wild guess on their expected sales and pricing model. Just a wild guess.. nothing scientific.

100% sold pricing could be $800 psf
    90% sold pricing could be $850 psf
    80% sold pricing could be at $900 psf
    70% sold pricing could be at $950 psf
    60% sold pricing could be at $1000 psf
    50% sold pricing could be at $1050 psf
    40% sold pricing could be at $1100 psf
    30% sold pricing could be at $1150 psf
    20% sold pricing could be at $1200 psf
    10% sold pricing could be at $1250 psf.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah! How to manage to squeeze 329 units into 68,834 sqft of land? Do they still have land for facilities? Ops, I just realize many of the facilities on high level! Still can't get use to swimming pool not on ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Address : 59 Ang Mio Kio Avenue 8

Tenure : Leasehold

T.O.P : To be advised

Site Area : 68,834 sqft

No.of Tower : 1

No.of Storeys : 34

No.of Units : 329 units
    - 124 two bedroom
    - 136 three bedroom (compact)
    - 36 three bedroom
    - 28 four bedroom (compact)
    - 5 Penthouse

2 bedroom 3 bedroom compact 3 bedroom 4 bedroom compact 775 - 911 sqf 921 - 1,025 sqft 1,214 - 1,583 sqft 1,305 sqft

No. of Lifts : 4 residential lifts, 2 fire lifts

Facilities
    • Playground
    • Tennis Court
    • Basketball Court
    • Fitness Area
    Amenities 6th Storey
    • 50m Lap Pool
    • Aqua Chair
    • Sofa Jacuzzi
    • Gymnasium
    • Dining Deck
    • Dinning Villa
    • Pool Deck
    • Elemental Spa
    • Spa Villa with Private Jacuzzi
    Amenities 33rd Storey
    • Suntanning Deck
    • Aqua Seat
    • Bar
    • Lounge
    • Jacuzzi

like i said, 80 units on wednesday preview before adverts and a pathetic 13 units over the next 4 days (including 1 weekend) and intensive tv/newspaper adverts...that response is so damn poor, that's the way buyers, boycott obscene pricing

Centro will be released over 3 years
    05:55 AM Aug 04, 2009
    With the residential market picking up strongly, Far East Organization yesterday said it had decided to launch Centro Residences in Ang Mo Kio in phases over the next three years.
    The reason, it said, was the Government's plan to rejuvenate Ang Mo Kio into a vibrant town. "We see vast potential for the enhancement of real estate values in this area," Far East said in a statement.
    So far, it has sold about 65 per cent - or 93 of the 144 units launched - of phase one since a preview last week.

URL http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...d-over-3-years
    Copyright 2009 MediaCorp Pte Ltd | All Rights Reserved

zero en-bloc potential lor in the long long future. its The Icon in AMK, The Icon in District 2 has no ground floor land facilities either, all "in the sky".

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wah! How to manage to squeeze 329 units into 68,834 sqft of land? Do they still have land for facilities? Ops, I just realize many of the facilities on high level! Still can't get use to swimming pool not on ground floor.

Went to e showroom on last Sat. Was surprised that the price starts from $1,180 psf from first floor to $1,250 psf plus for 17th floor (Far East only released up to 17th floor). The monthly maintenance fee is $180 for 2 bedrooms n if want a carpark lot, the fee is an additional of $100. There are only 200 plus carpark lots for the 300 plus units project!E agent told me that it is becos it is next to e MRT hence no need a car. Same concept as Icon but Icon is located in town!Most of e valuers can only valued Grandeur 8 at $700 psf plus at most hence was surprised that they can value Centro at $1,250. I wonder if Far East is going to sell e higher floor (20 floor n above) from $1,300psf to $1,500 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcl
    Went to e showroom on last Sat. Was surprised that the price starts from $1,180 psf from first floor to $1,250 psf plus for 17th floor (Far East only released up to 17th floor). The monthly maintenance fee is $180 for 2 bedrooms n if want a carpark lot, the fee is an additional of $100. There are only 200 plus carpark lots for the 300 plus units project!E agent told me that it is becos it is next to e MRT hence no need a car. Same concept as Icon but Icon is located in town!Most of e valuers can only valued Grandeur 8 at $700 psf plus at most hence was surprised that they can value Centro at $1,250. I wonder if Far East is going to sell e higher floor (20 floor n above) from $1,300psf to $1,500 psf.
    where is grandeur 8 ?

Why 1st floor to 17th floor only $70 difference? Is it because 17th floor and below all blocked so no difference?

Becos it is just beside e MRT tracks! I used to stay in Grandeur 8 (located beside Centro showroom, 10 mins walk to AMK MRT). Although my unit is on a high floor n at the corner blk, quite far away from e MRT track, even if i closed my window n switch on the air-con, i can still hear e MRT every 5 mins!Everyday, I took 45 mins, passed 3 ERPs (CTE), to reach my office in town. I took almost an hr n passed 2 ERPs (CTE) to reach hme from town. E jam was all e way to AMK Hub too!

there are no 1st floor.
    1-5 are carparks
    6 is the pool and gym floor.
    7 will be the so called ground floor units with PES.
    and all 2bedder from 7-10 are sold out.
    you can still get 4bedder starting from 7 floor which is facing the park (more like hawker centre and jubilee)

and all i can say is NO ONE IS BUYING those big units....
    FEO has to come out with lame stories that they will continue to launch in phases over 3 yrs...
    its all bull lah.... the agent said if u want the penthouse also can, just quote a price.....

Can understand the frustrations of living in AMK. Hougang, Sengkang, Punggol etc even worse.

Becos it is just beside e MRT tracks! I used to stay in Grandeur 8 (located beside Centro showroom, 10 mins walk to AMK MRT). Although my unit is on a high floor n at the corner blk, quite far away from e MRT track, even if i closed my window n switch on the air-con, i can still hear e MRT every 5 mins!Everyday, I took 45 mins, passed 3 ERPs (CTE), to reach my office in town. I took almost an hr n passed 2 ERPs (CTE) to reach hme from town. E jam was all e way to AMK Hub too!

i know the traffic is real bad but shame on far east to cut down on parking lots and assuming everyone will take mrt. need to pay $100 more for carpark somemore??!

Can understand the frustrations of living in AMK. Hougang, Sengkang, Punggol etc even worse.

Buy condo already pay so much still need to pay for parking? Ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i know the traffic is real bad but shame on far east to cut down on parking lots and assuming everyone will take mrt. need to pay $100 more for carpark somemore??!

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    and all i can say is NO ONE IS BUYING those big units....
    FEO has to come out with lame stories that they will continue to launch in phases over 3 yrs...
    its all bull lah.... the agent said if u want the penthouse also can, just quote a price.....
    optima sell out in 3 days
    centro maybe will sell out in 3 years???

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    That's the difference between price to sell and price to kill... it takes longer to make a killing. Be patient... it could only go up as it is very unlikely to be priced down due to developer's strategy. So investors who bought now can look back later and claim that they have made the right investment choice when FEO keep increasing the asking prices.

It's controlled and manipulated in that sense.

There will always be suckers around... just need to look harder for the suckers. For ur Eyes Only. @@

provided the buyer can secure a loan lah.
    if cannot, then firesale liao.....

You guys completely underestimated FEO's "capability".
    You think 1200 in centro today is crazy...
    In 1997, FEO launched Bishan 8, at $1050 psf.
    How many years does it take for FEO to completely sell out Bishan 8 ?

For centro, dun worry, FEO will sell it for another 10 yrs no problem.

They keep selling as "new" (since vacant and nobody stay in before right)?
    Those who bought always lu-gi because want to sell still have to compete with the developer's selling "new" units. Even if developer sell at same price as these owners they also win because theirs' are "new" and Singaporeans like buying "new".

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    You guys completely underestimated FEO's "capability".
    You think 1200 in centro today is crazy...
    In 1997, FEO launched Bishan 8, at $1050 psf.
    How many years does it take for FEO to completely sell out Bishan 8 ?

For centro, dun worry, FEO will sell it for another 10 yrs no problem.

They keep selling as "new" (since vacant and nobody stay in before right)?
    Those who bought always lu-gi because want to sell still have to compete with the developer's selling "new" units. Even if developer sell at same price as these owners they also win because theirs' are "new" and Singaporeans like buying "new".
    So all those people who bought Bishan 8 on the basis that property can never go down in land limited Singapore got "served" big time.

History maybe about to repeat itself.

No point living in AMK if you drive and work in central. The jam is so long from central at CTE all the way to AMK. The ERP is so expensive. The gantry is on till 1030p.m. for those going home every evening unless you leave the office early. Unless all your family is there etc, etc else live in elsewhere better.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    So all those people who bought Bishan 8 on the basis that property can never go down in land limited Singapore got "served" big time.

History maybe about to repeat itself.
    So many suckers out there...already repeat liao...

property buyers got to hop onto some boat mah. if they miss the boat last time, they got no choice but to hop onto the boats now, however lousy the boats are...

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    So many suckers out there...already repeat liao...

Just checked the old prices. It's now around 800 psf. For most of the early 2000's it was between 500-600 psf. Everyone must have faced a top up call from the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    property buyers got to hop onto some boat mah. if they miss the boat last time, they got no choice but to hop onto the boats now, however lousy the boats are...
    Wrong boat lah...

This boat got hole...

It will sink very soon...

huh? If these people buy at 500-600psf, and now it is 800psf, why would banks ask for top up ?

Just checked the old prices. It's now around 800 psf. For most of the early 2000's it was between 500-600 psf. Everyone must have faced a top up call from the bank.

13 years u mean?

Prices not too good... below $600 also have for Bishan 8 in the past months.... I've read about a young couple being burnt by investing in that project years ago... anyway this is Centro... glimpsed it today while taking MRT to work... so many HDB point blocks around it... and those old point blocks are so much better in my view... space and design.. but not within reach of foreigners..

Why not? Foreigners so easy to get PR and then they can buy resale HDB already.

Prices not too good... below $600 also have for Bishan 8 in the past months.... I've read about a young couple being burnt by investing in that project years ago... anyway this is Centro... glimpsed it today while taking MRT to work... so many HDB point blocks around it... and those old point blocks are so much better in my view... space and design.. but not within reach of foreigners..

Well... I meant to qualify it as foreigners who do not wish to become Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents and are out of the eligibity criteria for HDB new or resale.

Singapore welcomes rich foreigners, if not all... not rich also welcome but must contribute to Singapore. Rich ones can take a piece of our priced for the rich landed or condo but have to be prepared to lose if making an early exit. But most of time, they will earn and the cycle repeats itself for the benefit for Singapore. The more the merrier....

Frankly speaking, foreigners have no qualm becoming PR since they generally don't lose anything (especially those employed on local terms) and yet get to enjoy almost all benefits that Singapore Citizens can get, minus the new HDB flat and National Service. Try asking them to convert to Citizens and many excuses will come out such as "Mmm, Ahhh, Nooooo, all my relatives, parents all still in home country", "too attached to home country, emotion burden, cannot lah", ... (Most of them also register their kids borned in Singapore as their own native country's citizen rather than Singapore citizen). If that is the case, why their kids also have priority for registration to primary school etc? Give people impression that Singapore Citizen is the cheapest thing on earth? (their own countries' citizen is more valuable since by being a Singapore PR they already can enjoy almost all the benefits without being a Singapore Citizen).

Well... I meant to qualify it as foreigners who do not wish to become Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents and are out of the eligibity criteria for HDB new or resale.

Singapore welcomes rich foreigners, if not all... not rich also welcome but must contribute to Singapore. Rich ones can take a piece of our priced for the rich landed or condo but have to be prepared to lose if making an early exit. But most of time, they will earn and the cycle repeats itself for the benefit for Singapore. The more the merrier....