Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima (D16, 99 years leasehold, TID <Hong Leong / Mitsui Fudosan>)

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    As usual, 2brs lower than 700k will get sold out with high psf just like WFK. The real challenge is how to sell the larger 3br units.
    One good point for WFK is that there's no balcony and planter for 2 bedder units from level 2 to 6.

Think this is going to be a fully sold out condo.. as usual..

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    Think this is going to be a fully sold out condo.. as usual..
    yah, like buying mangoes at 50% discount, everyone come grab one. Might have a queue forming up 1 or 2 days before the preview launch.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    sometimes i do get pretty annoyed with pple who keep talking abt buying but always complaining about the furnishings. to me, furnishings are just secondary factor, which you can easily change. Whereas location and exterior are things you can't change.
    Agree Better still sell me close to bare at cheaper px, i can do up the apt on my own.

For those who tinks that by jus closing their windows or putting acoustic curtains will siphon off the MRT noise level can continue to dream....

I happen to stay more then 500metres away.... mind you.. i can still faintly hear when the mrt arrives...

So if u buy this ppty... u can shout across the station and ask ur maid to close ur windows if its raining...

hahaha...

Buy ppty bery bery headache....

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...43095,00.html?

Published July 24, 2009

Preview of two condo projects planned for next week

One is next to Ang Mo Kio Hub and the other beside Tanah Merah MRT Station

TWO 99-year-leasehold condominium projects next to MRT stations are slated to be previewed next week - Far East Organization's Centro Residences next to Ang Mo Kio Hub and TID's Optima@Tanah Merah.

Price expectations: Market watchers suggest Optima (above) could be priced at about $750-$800 psf on average, while prices at Centro Residences are tipped to start from $1,150 psf

Prices at the 34-storey Centro Residences are tipped to start from $1,150 per square foot (psf). Far East bought the site at a state tender in September 2007 for $601 psf per plot ratio. That was a record price for suburban condo land.

Analysts reckon Far East's breakeven cost for the project could be close to $1,000 psf.

They suggest that Far East is releasing the project, which is along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, to ride on the current home buying momentum but it may release only about 100 or so units initially and sell the rest as construction proceeds to extract higher prices progressively. The condo has a total of 329 units.

Far East is starting its preview on Wednesday evening and will release two and three-bedroom units.

A typical two-bedder of about 800 square feet could cost about $900,000, while a typical three-bedroom apartment of 950 sq ft may be priced on average at about $1.15 million.

As for Optima, beside the Tanah Merah MRT Station, market watchers suggest it could be priced at about $750-$800 psf on average.

They based this estimate on current average pricing for Waterfront Key in Bedok ($735 psf) and Dakota Residences ($900 psf) and adjusted for locational differences.

The 297-unit Optima will be a 14-storey project comprising one-bedroom studio apartments as well as two, three and four-bedroom apartments plus 18 penthouses.

Developer TID is a joint venture between Mitsui Fudosan of Japan and Hong Leong Group Singapore.

Another Hong Leong unit, Tripartite Developers, previewed The Gale along Upper Changi Road two weeks ago. The 329-unit freehold project, priced at $650 to $725 psf, is over 80 per cent sold.

With the release of Centro and Optima, the pipeline of suburban condos on 99-year-leasehold sites bought at state tenders will shrink further.

This will increase impetus on developers to trigger the release of sites on the government's reserve list, analysts say.

Already, the government has announced the release of two sites from this list this week - at Chestnut Avenue and Dakota Crescent.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...444321/1/.html

Optima@Tanah Merah to be launched by end-July

Posted: 23 July 2009 1959 hrs

SINGAPORE : Property developer TID will hold a preview of its newest condominium project - Optima@Tanah Merah - before the end of this month.

Located next to the Tanah Merah MRT Interchange along New Upper Changi Road, commuters will be able to get to the city centre by train in less than 20 minutes and to Changi International Airport in about 6 minutes.

The 99-year leasehold development has 297 units that feature one-bedroom studio apartments, 2- to 4-bedroom units plus 18 penthouses which come with open balconies and terraces.

TID is a joint venture between Japan's largest listed developer, Mitsui Fudosan, and Hong Leong Group Singapore.

Its portfolio includes projects such as the St Regis Hotel and Residences, Parc Emily, Oceanfront on Sentosa, as well as The Gale, which was launched recently.

Hong Leong said interest in Optima is already building up, with over 1,000 enquiries received over the past two months.

The project is expected to receive its Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) by 2014.

- CNA/al

This is a repost from the general section. Just for everybody info, collecting blank cheques is unethical. It is quite rampant for this project as well. Every agent I talked to has asked me to issue a blank cheque for them to try to secure a unit. The PSF is 830 to 910.

http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...ompts-warnings

Agents' 'greed' prompts warnings

'Fee for secure booking' practice reportedly rampant at Meadows@Peirce

by Esther Fung

05:55 AM Jul 24, 2009

THE sizzling-hot property market and the rush by buyers to secure choice units have led some property agents to turn greedy.

Some agents are offering potential buyers their services to secure a booking for their choice units if they pay them a commission. This has prompted at least two marketing agencies to warn their agents against this practice.

This scheme is reportedly rampant at the freehold Meadows@Peirce development near Teachers' Estate, which is supposed to be open for preview only from today.

Some marketing agents, however, told Today that it is the potential buyers that are offering commissions to agents to secure for them their choice units.

The fee earned by these agents is said to be about 1 per cent of the property value. With unit prices at Meadows@Peirce ranging from $900,000 to more than $1 million, these agents could potentially earn between $9,000 and more than $10,000 for each unit that they can secure for an eager buyer.

In an email to its 3,000 associates on Wednesday, ERA Realty Network, one of the marketing agents for the project, warned: "Please do NOT collect commission from buyers for Meadows@Peirce or any other projects. Anyone caught doing so will be terminated from ERA and no commission will be paid to the associates."

ERA's associate director Eugene Lim said the email was a "preventive measure".

"We want to stop it before anyone receives a commission. It is not right," he added.

Of late, ERA has been cracking the whip on its agents in an industry where complaints of rogue or ignorant agents are rife. Last week, ERA warned its agents against submitting transactions under the names of senior colleagues to garner a higher share of the commissions.

And in February, a couple successfully sued ERA after its agents profited from "flipping" an apartment they were engaged to sell. The couple had sold their apartment through ERA agent Jeremy Ang, but it turned out that the buyer, Ms Natassha Sadiq, was the wife of his boss Mike Parikh, a senior director at ERA. She immediately resold the unit for a $257,000 gain.

Another marketing agent for Meadows@Peirce also issued an email warning a few days ago. Knight Frank reminded its 700 agents that they cannot receive or ask for commission from buyers, cannot collect an entrance fee into the showflat and cannot ask for blank cheques, which can subsequently cause the buyer to feel pressured to make a purchase.

The company's executive director Foo Suan Peng said: "This is something we don't condone because it will give rise to conflict of interest."

Agents Today spoke to said the "fee for secured booking" practice happens with other projects, too. One said there was "nothing wrong" for buyers to pay agents, as both are willing parties.

Singapore Accredited Estate Agencies chief executive Tan Tee Khoon disagrees. He told Today: "The agent receives a commission from buyers when they are already hired by the developer to provide the services. That is unethical."

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    This is a repost from the general section. Just for everybody info, collecting blank cheques is unethical. It is quite rampant for this project as well. Every agent I talked to has asked me to issue a blank cheque for them to try to secure a unit. The PSF is 830 to 910.

http://www.todayonline.com/Business/...ompts-warnings

Agents' 'greed' prompts warnings

'Fee for secure booking' practice reportedly rampant at Meadows@Peirce

by Esther Fung

05:55 AM Jul 24, 2009

THE sizzling-hot property market and the rush by buyers to secure choice units have led some property agents to turn greedy.

Some agents are offering potential buyers their services to secure a booking for their choice units if they pay them a commission. This has prompted at least two marketing agencies to warn their agents against this practice.

This scheme is reportedly rampant at the freehold Meadows@Peirce development near Teachers' Estate, which is supposed to be open for preview only from today.

Some marketing agents, however, told Today that it is the potential buyers that are offering commissions to agents to secure for them their choice units.

The fee earned by these agents is said to be about 1 per cent of the property value. With unit prices at Meadows@Peirce ranging from $900,000 to more than $1 million, these agents could potentially earn between $9,000 and more than $10,000 for each unit that they can secure for an eager buyer.

In an email to its 3,000 associates on Wednesday, ERA Realty Network, one of the marketing agents for the project, warned: "Please do NOT collect commission from buyers for Meadows@Peirce or any other projects. Anyone caught doing so will be terminated from ERA and no commission will be paid to the associates."

ERA's associate director Eugene Lim said the email was a "preventive measure".

"We want to stop it before anyone receives a commission. It is not right," he added.

Of late, ERA has been cracking the whip on its agents in an industry where complaints of rogue or ignorant agents are rife. Last week, ERA warned its agents against submitting transactions under the names of senior colleagues to garner a higher share of the commissions.

And in February, a couple successfully sued ERA after its agents profited from "flipping" an apartment they were engaged to sell. The couple had sold their apartment through ERA agent Jeremy Ang, but it turned out that the buyer, Ms Natassha Sadiq, was the wife of his boss Mike Parikh, a senior director at ERA. She immediately resold the unit for a $257,000 gain.

Another marketing agent for Meadows@Peirce also issued an email warning a few days ago. Knight Frank reminded its 700 agents that they cannot receive or ask for commission from buyers, cannot collect an entrance fee into the showflat and cannot ask for blank cheques, which can subsequently cause the buyer to feel pressured to make a purchase.

The company's executive director Foo Suan Peng said: "This is something we don't condone because it will give rise to conflict of interest."

Agents Today spoke to said the "fee for secured booking" practice happens with other projects, too. One said there was "nothing wrong" for buyers to pay agents, as both are willing parties.

Singapore Accredited Estate Agencies chief executive Tan Tee Khoon disagrees. He told Today: "The agent receives a commission from buyers when they are already hired by the developer to provide the services. That is unethical."
    I think collecting blank cheques is ok like in those pre-booking but collecting blank cheques or helping buyers secure their choice units which requires the buyers to pay them a fee is wrong... since they are already hired by the developer. If buyers pay the agents (which I cant figure why would anyone so stupid to do that), it will be tantamount to moonlighting

830 to 910psf??!

soon.. we will start to see people Q'g up for projects overnight liao (or had it already happened?? )

then that will be the time to start looking for buyers for your house very soon....

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    830 to 910psf??!

There will still be ppl queuing to buy. These ppl hv gone out of perspective.

I will be going to take a look....after missing the starbuys of waterfront waves, missed out on the preview of the gale, loose to kiasu people of waterfront key and priced out at the meadows. Hopfully this one will bring some hope...

this kind of price for tanah merah still worth a look meh?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I will be going to take a look....after missing the starbuys of waterfront waves, missed out on the preview of the gale, loose to kiasu people of waterfront key and priced out at the meadows. Hopfully this one will bring some hope...

When i bot a starbuy unit at WFW, people around me said I'm crazy.
    But now they !

At more than 800psf for Tanah merah? I suggest you go for WFK. WFK has more units released today..

the reservior and nice surrounding will make those condos stand out from other mass market projects in long term.

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    But now they !
    When I bought Sail, my wife ask me go eat shit. In 07 I ask her go eat shit.
    When I bought Reflection, I ask my wife go eat shit. Now wifey asking me to eat shit.

So buy Optima will eat shit or not?

Can hold the shit first. Never knows. I feel got chance leh.

optima ' the most anticipated launch ' - wonder why it is so.

its only star point is the mrt.

if u think this way chances are... u may overpay ~~

HOTTEST NEW LAUNCH !!

Location: Tanah Merah Kecil Avenue, opposite Tanah Merah MRT station

Tenure: 99-years leasehold

Total Units: 297 (5 towers, 14 storeys)

Site Area: 106,299.88 sq ft

Facilities: Full facilities condo with free form pools and tennis court

Unit Types:
    1 bedroom ~ 504-596sqft
    2 bedroom ~ 714-1400sqft
    2+1bedroom ~ 948-1699sqft
    3 bedroom ~ 1211-2020sqft
    3+1 bedroom ~ 1288-2393sqft
    4 bedroom ~ 1456s-3046sqft

Salient Points:

- Up & Coming Business & Academic Hub at Changi Business Park/Singapore Expo/Offices for high-tech firms e.g IBM & Honeywell, Future admin and IT support for several banks.

- Future 4th University, opening next to Spore Expo, 2 new integrated retail / hotel / business park to be built, Which means it will be an expat haven with attractive rental yields! – Being home to four recreational clubs, TMCC/NSRCC/LNCC/SAFYC, Tanah Merah offers a vast spectrum of recreational choices such as golfing, tennis, bowling, swimming and water sports amongst other activities.

REGISTER FOR VIP PREVIEW NOW!!!
    START BOOKING YOUR CHOICE UNITS!!!

ONLY 20% DOWNPAYMENT & $0 TILL TOP!!!

SALES ENQUIRY HOTLINE : 81835132/97673202

Est VIP Preview : 31st July 09

Frankly speaking.....if ur intent is to stay in for the next 10yrs....i dun think anyone will eat shit.....No matter how, SG is still an Island....

At the end of the day, all of us are going to eat and shit in it as well...... hehehe......

me too, when i buy ppl ask me eat shit... now i ask them eat shit...

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    But now they !

Why all the mass market condos design look the same???

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    ya...all looks similar...Dakota Residences, WFK, Optima.......

just like fashion.....its more of trend.....at the moment the only unique design for mass mkt condo is Mi Casa...

maybe.... even those mid-tier condos also look the same... one tower... thin structure... one lap pool, nothing else... boring...

Quote Originally Posted by driftwave
    just like fashion.....its more of trend.....at the moment the only unique design for mass mkt condo is Mi Casa...

Quote Originally Posted by driftwave
    perhaps more saving on the architect's fee.

The 3 bedroom design looks exactly like my friends HDB flat... ha ha ha... except that there is no wasted balcony space....