Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Optima (D16, 99 years leasehold, TID <Hong Leong / Mitsui Fudosan>)

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    Aiya, no use lah, many of these people, cannot afford 3 room @ DBR 830k(1259sqft@660psf) but can afford to buy pigeon hole 2br unit at 630k (700sqft@900psf)
    the way i see it, 1) DBR is too far away from city 2) pigeon hole is nearer to city. So no choice rather pay cheaper (in term for quantum)for nearer to city but smaller unit.

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    Interestingly, if we compared the DBSS Park Central in AMK with Centro, Park Central is priced ~$500psf while Centro is priced ~1150psf. Thats a 650psf difference! Compared to DBSS Parc Lumiere in Simei with DBR, Parc Lumiere is priced ~$425psf while DBR is priced ~$670psf. A narrower price difference of $245psf only. And if we compared DBSS Natural Loft in Bishan with Clover by the Park, Natural Loft is priced ~550psf while Clover by the Park is priced ~750psf. A even narrower price difference of 200psf! Considering purely land cost and building cost, what do u guys tink should be the difference in psf bet a DBSS(99yrs LH) and condo(99yrs LH) in the same vincinity taking into consideration that DBSS interior is similar to condo but with no external facilities like gym, tennis court, pools?
    Good analysis, the government should seriously step in to price the DBSS cheaper and affordable. This would cool off the pent up demand. With this, the crowd will shift away from Mass Region project to DBSS instead.
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    Government currently taking a wait & see approach on property speculation and preventing the property balloon to burst.
    They have announced intention to release more URA land to developers and also releasing more new homes in the next 2 years. With this news on property speculation yesterday, the property stock counter have threaded downwards. Thus property flippers, better take a careful approach, do not get burnt !!

Don't underestimate the pent-up demand. The HDB upgraders all bought low low at 2009-5 = 2004 where you can get Queenstown at 250k, Duxton @ 300k, Punggol at 200k. These upgraders, sitting on 200+k of profit & saving accummulated for 5 years, are eagerly waiting to jump into condo worth 800k to 1 million dollars. Money no issue to them as they already have almost 300-400k of cash on hand.

Next year, pent-up demand comes from those who bought HDB at 2005, still cheap. The HDB 5-year cannot sell policy make sure pent-up demand is slowly coming on-board every year ... unless we have another external shock ... looks like the game has just begun
    Last edited by jitkiat; 30-07-09 at 15:13.

Good analysis, Jitkiat, that is the reason for the pent up demand. The HDB upgraders who bought HDB cheap in 2004. I believe next 2 years, there will still be pent up demand from HDB upgraders as HDB prices from 2005-2006 is still relatively cheap compared to 2007-2009.

jus bk fm showflat. Fish mkt! Super crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    jus bk fm showflat. Fish mkt! Super crowded.
    What is the 2bedroom psf? 850?

some of the small units...think studio ....is going for 1000psf!!!

traffic going to be super jam soon with all 4 condos up! roads all so narrow.....

The entrance are all on diff road so not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by venus
    The entrance are all on diff road so not too bad.
    The main road are with a marked bus lanes. During peak hours, left 2 lanes. 1 straight 1 turning lanes. Private estates = 1 lane. True that openings are different, but when u have 4 condos n a huge plot of pte estates behind with a school off loading students will make a difference. This place is unique as the condos are located abit too near the main road hence bottle neck will be common in near future. (actually already is now, cos i ply these roads daily)

Otherwise, if just taking public transport like bus or rail service then is super convenient.

If there really gonna be a shopping mall next time traffic will be even worse.

If there really gonna be a shopping mall next time traffic will be even worse.
    u r right...... faints

Maybe good for renting out easily....

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    The main road are with a marked bus lanes. During peak hours, left 2 lanes. 1 straight 1 turning lanes. Private estates = 1 lane. True that openings are different, but when u have 4 condos n a huge plot of pte estates behind with a school off loading students will make a difference. This place is unique as the condos are located abit too near the main road hence bottle neck will be common in near future. (actually already is now, cos i ply these roads daily)

Otherwise, if just taking public transport like bus or rail service then is super convenient.
    There is actually "4 different routes" or entry point to get to Casa Merah :-

1) via Upper Changi Rd, turn left immediatley after The Tanamera condo, then pass East Meadow condo, drive along the big open field and turn left to CM.

2) same as above via Upper Changi Road too,but immediately after Tanah Merah MRT turn left (before flower nursery). You will have to pass by Optima condo first then to Casa Merah.

3) come in from via Bedok Road, i.e from the back via Simpang Bedok side (passing all the eateries and Bedok Market Place).

4) same as route (1) above, but going thru the landed property turning through Tanah Merah Kecil Ave and hit downwards to Casa Merah

Congestion is the least concern as there are many entry points to Casa Merah. Thus jam not an issue even with 10 condos there.

Only lately all the crazy frenzy over the Optima with many agents & people queing & parking their cars illegally in front of Casa Merah thus causing obstruction.

Solution: Just call 999 if people park illegally & that should do the trick...
    DF

Anyone bought a unit? The bathrooms finishing is very nice....

Update:

160 units released for sales, balance only 13 units!!

Sms at 90686016 on new launch of units!!

crazy................

Quote Originally Posted by Sea
    Update:

160 units released for sales, balance only 13 units!!

Sms at 90686016 on new launch of units!!

u know what is the psf??
    if its 1000
    then faint liao

why ppl can buy at such a hi psf.
    do they think it will go up to 1100?

Quote Originally Posted by 990113d03
    Interestingly, if we compared the DBSS Park Central in AMK with Centro, Park Central is priced ~$500psf while Centro is priced ~1150psf. Thats a 650psf difference! Compared to DBSS Parc Lumiere in Simei with DBR, Parc Lumiere is priced ~$425psf while DBR is priced ~$670psf. A narrower price difference of $245psf only. And if we compared DBSS Natural Loft in Bishan with Clover by the Park, Natural Loft is priced ~550psf while Clover by the Park is priced ~750psf. A even narrower price difference of 200psf! Considering purely land cost and building cost, what do u guys tink should be the difference in psf bet a DBSS(99yrs LH) and condo(99yrs LH) in the same vincinity taking into consideration that DBSS interior is similar to condo but with no external facilities like gym, tennis court, pools?
    The biggest variable in the price difference is the land cost and the developer. Different developers have different "styles" in pricing.

From today's Straits Times,

"The interest was evident last night at Tanah Merah, where crowds gathered at the 297-unit Optima showflat although the public launch is scheduled for today.
    The response was so strong that the developer TID held a ballot at midnight for about 300 genuine buyers who were queueing outside the showflat earlier so they did not have to stay overnight.
    They had submitted cheques together with their application form by 9.30pm for the 120 units on offer at an average early-bird price of $790 per sq ft (psf), said a spokesman."

Ok lah, psf was not so crazy which explains the good response but the process of getting a unit described above certainly is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    u know what is the psf??
    if its 1000
    then faint liao

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    From today's Straits Times,

"The interest was evident last night at Tanah Merah, where crowds gathered at the 297-unit Optima showflat although the public launch is scheduled for today.
    The response was so strong that the developer TID held a ballot at midnight for about 300 genuine buyers who were queueing outside the showflat earlier so they did not have to stay overnight.
    They had submitted cheques together with their application form by 9.30pm for the 120 units on offer at an average early-bird price of $790 per sq ft (psf), said a spokesman."

Ok lah, psf was not so crazy which explains the good response but the process of getting a unit described above certainly is crazy.
    So 700sqft x 800psf = 560k for a 2 bedroom with 1 toilet + open kitchen ... only for young couple with at most 1 kid I guess ... price will go up today liao

again, another reputable developer shrinking sizes to get higher psf just like at centro.

So 700sqft x 800psf = 560k for a 2 bedroom with 1 toilet + open kitchen ... only for young couple with at most 1 kid I guess ... price will go up today liao

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    again, another reputable developer shrinking sizes to get higher psf just like at centro.
    If you read another thread, ppl buying condo nowadays concern about electricity bill

So small is good, can on air-con whole day still electricity bill cheap. Small is good becos pay less maintenance. Small is good so 1 baby is enough. Small is good then in-laws don't come and stay. Small is good so can hold HDB and rent out.

Developers just give what people want. Market is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    u know what is the psf??
    if its 1000
    then faint liao

Not to worry, 1000psf is only for a handful of small unit lah. Was really really crowded so only managed to take a glance of the pricelist. Good thing they go by balloting. Heard their own staff already took up abt 80 units even before they let public go in. But only those with cheques in hand are let in.

If you read another thread, ppl buying condo nowadays concern about electricity bill

So small is good, can on air-con whole day still electricity bill cheap. Small is good becos pay less maintenance. Small is good so 1 baby is enough. Small is good then in-laws don't come and stay. Small is good so can hold HDB and rent out.

Developers just give what people want. Market is always right.
    Well said.

Anyone bought a unit? The bathrooms finishing is very nice....
    How much time you spend in your bathrooms? When poo time so happy. finishing so good.

You wait long long.. I was there last night..

3 bedders facing Casa Merah starting from 750psf (first floor) to 900psf (high floor)
    2 bedders starting from 900psf to 960psf
    Studio from 1000 to 1100psf

For quantum wise

3 bedders - 980k (first floor) to 1.3M (high floor)
    2 bedders - 630k to 880k
    Studio from - 500k to 600k

By 3am, left 10 units. I didn't manage to get any. Now, developer is going to raise the price to more than 1k psf for 2 bedders.. How to buy??

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    By 3am, left 10 units. I didn't manage to get any. Now, developer is going to raise the price to more than 1k psf for 2 bedders.. How to buy??

Relax pal. I think I found another good buy. D9, 1300psf only. sure have things to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Yee
    You wait long long.. I was there last night..

3 bedders facing Casa Merah starting from 750psf (first floor) to 900psf (high floor)
    2 bedders starting from 900psf to 960psf
    Studio from 1000 to 1100psf

For quantum wise

3 bedders - 980k (first floor) to 1.3M (high floor)
    2 bedders - 630k to 880k
    Studio from - 500k to 600k

Brudder Yee, your price above I believe is the normal que price.
    Do you know what is the developer's price for those Hong Leong blokes?
    How many units allocated for Hong Leong people?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Relax pal. I think I found another good buy. D9, 1300psf only. sure have things to buy.
    U sure D9 will want to sell 1300psf now, seeing suburban is selling above 1000psf, even city fringe may not want to sell lower than suburban.

Hi Daniel (sound like calling myself), I have no idea what is the price for HL staff.

You are right about the price. What I was quoted is for normal people like me. Anyway, my agent just called me. Optima will released the remaining 140 units for balloting. Total 150 units. Balloting will take place at 4pm. In other words, the showflat is built just for 1 day usage. But will be open for the next few weeks for buyers to view. According to my agent, this one will sell out in less than a day and set a new record. Don't know how true or he tua kang only. The price will be up about 50-100psf for all units. Of course la, developer seeing so many people queuing and fighting, of course up the psf. They see gold bars lining up presenting to them. Hahaha. Was told that Optima is one of the rare condo having studio units along the MRT and thus, the heavy demand for it. Again, don't know got tua kang or not. As of now, developer has 400 blank cheques for 150 units. I don't even want to go down already...

Latest price from agent:-

Studio (limited units) - 1050psf to 1200psf
    2 bedders - 1000psf to 1100psf

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    Brudder Yee, your price above I believe is the normal que price.
    Do you know what is the developer's price for those Hong Leong blokes?
    How many units allocated for Hong Leong people?