Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfront Key (D16, 99 years leasehold, Far East & Centerpoint)

No worries at all. WFWers are friendly people . Its good to share opinions to have a wider perspective of things. As Ken suggested, do take a look at http://waterfrontwaves.freeforums.org.

Quote Originally Posted by pak
    hi guys,
    dun get me wronge i am not here to argue but to share the thought.
    as for the time frame for the construction, i understand that it will be only period of time but this ''period of time'' we are talking about is nearly another year wkw resident need to bear with it for the on-going construction for wfk. another 2-3 years again when the other 2 projects kick off.

I personally think that facing will be quite important if that is going to have hdb facing. i dun know, it may not command a better price when you sell. likewise other condo projects, if no hdb facing, it usually command better pricing.

Talk abt finishing, that i really cant say much of it as i personally not to sure abt wkw and wfk finishing. it is good if we can share from here.

again, not to argue but to discuss. cheers

Hi pak, i think you have mis-understood noblebaby. He is refering to NO ACTIVITY in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Waterfront Key is dead... very low interest...

only my bro understand me.....

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Hi pak, i think you have mis-understood noblebaby. He is refering to NO ACTIVITY in this thread.

Ok. Will lock in to join the friendly family soon
    thanks for the invitation

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Foo
    All WFW,WFK owners:-

Dun know if anyone notice when you drive pass or walk pass the Waterfront development under construction lately, you will notice the stack/blocks facing the reservoir view is super near the main road. Maybe just <10m away. Quite Scary .

i.e When a double decker SBS bus drive pass and you throw a stone, you can easily hit the bus

I think they are stacking up to floor to around 5th floor already.
    Based on URA guidelines, can they build so near the mainroad?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...4.htm#d0e11391

Thus will it be very noisy then???
    Unlike Double Bay Residence project in which they were creative enough to make Multi Storey Carpark and 4 story waterfall landscape to diffuse the MRT noice, wonder what is up WFW sleeve to reduce the passing
    vehicle noise.

It can be very noisy at nite or early morning when it is quiet. Especially when bus accelerate and take off from bus stop.
    WFW & WFK owners, any thought on this???
    Not to worry. If it violates tear down loh anyway developer will have to compensate buyers.

As those who bought facing reservoir. Not to worry for them again. Rather then asking whats up WFW sleeve u should ask whats up buyers' sleeve. These buyers are paying over a million for these choice units. They knew wat they are doing. Unfortunately they could not even afford the time at this forum otherwise they can answer your curiosity. If I have $$ I will hesitate to choose these units. Problem is only a problem to those who think it is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Water Lover
    Not to worry. If it violates tear down loh anyway developer will have to compensate buyers.

As those who bought facing reservoir. Not to worry for them again. Rather then asking whats up WFW sleeve u should ask whats up buyers' sleeve. These buyers are paying over a million for these choice units. They knew wat they are doing. Unfortunately they could not even afford the time at this forum otherwise they can answer your curiosity. If I have $$ I will hesitate to choose these units. Problem is only a problem to those who think it is a problem
    Apologies it should be I will not hesitate to choose these units

can you measure the distance and advise accordingly? hahahaha.....

All WFW,WFK owners:-

Dun know if anyone notice when you drive pass or walk pass the Waterfront development under construction lately, you will notice the stack/blocks facing the reservoir view is super near the main road. Maybe just <10m away. Quite Scary .

i.e When a double decker SBS bus drive pass and you throw a stone, you can easily hit the bus

I think they are stacking up to floor to around 5th floor already.
    Based on URA guidelines, can they build so near the mainroad?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text...4.htm#d0e11391

Thus will it be very noisy then???
    Unlike Double Bay Residence project in which they were creative enough to make Multi Storey Carpark and 4 story waterfall landscape to diffuse the MRT noice, wonder what is up WFW sleeve to reduce the passing
    vehicle noise.

It can be very noisy at nite or early morning when it is quiet. Especially when bus accelerate and take off from bus stop.
    WFW & WFK owners, any thought on this???

Quote Originally Posted by driftwave
    can you measure the distance and advise accordingly? hahahaha.....
    < 10m from road. You can even see the construction worker peeing in the unit when u drive pass

Drive there and see urself. Anyway all the best to those who bought those stacks. The price to pay for reservoir view.

sounds like either u been out of town for a long time or u r new to Singapore....or u r just picking on the project.....either way....as thou this is something new in Singapore....even HDB everywhere and Bunglows in Bukit Timah areas are built so close to the main road.....and esp the newer designs ones are all built with see thru glass walls....

btw, r u one of those who always like to peep into other ppl home? hahaha

< 10m from road. You can even see the construction worker peeing in the unit when u drive pass

Drive there and see urself. Anyway all the best to those who bought those stacks. The price to pay for reservoir view.

Quote Originally Posted by driftwave
    sounds like either u been out of town for a long time or u r new to Singapore....or u r just picking on the project.....either way....as thou this is something new in Singapore....even HDB everywhere and Bunglows in Bukit Timah areas are built so close to the main road.....and esp the newer designs ones are all built with see thru glass walls....

btw, r u one of those who always like to peep into other ppl home? hahaha
    Guess u bought a unit there lah so I can understand
    Dun take my word for it but just stand at the other side of the road and you know what I mean.
    The bus stop is just near-by,so every now and then, you hear the bus accelerating noise when they take off from bus bay.

Especially when it is quiet and at night.
    The inner units of WFW are better oriented and peaceful in my opinion.
    Anywhere it is up to individual. Maybe ur noise tolerance high lah..

Yes, I got a unit there but I'm not one of those tat can afford the front rows....btw, the 1st floor is the carpark.... #01-xx is actually on the 2nd floor onwards....thus with all the vegetation up, its not really so easy to PEEP inside.

as for ur 2nd concern, I think ppl who bought those units wud hv expected it......u want the view, u hv to except it....nothing is perfect in this world. Along Bedok Reservoir Road, all the development r like this so its nothing new.....and how u know, probably those who can afford to live in the front row can afford to close the window and on aircon the whole day.....

its just the same as ppl who live in Bayshore, they r facing ECP and comes with Seaview, the noise level is 10time worst, and imagine those hell drivers with their soup up car racing along ECP in the wee hours....
    also if some bugger should throw something out of the window, it may end up with 10 car pile up anytime....so sometime one man poison is another man's meat.......

Guess u bought a unit there lah so I can understand
    Dun take my word for it but just stand at the other side of the road and you know what I mean.
    The bus stop is just near-by,so every now and then, you hear the bus accelerating noise when they take off from bus bay.

Especially when it is quiet and at night.
    The inner units of WFW are better oriented and peaceful in my opinion.
    Anywhere it is up to individual. Maybe ur noise tolerance high lah..

wait till u see The Ford along holland road. some units facing the T-junction and acorss the road are HDB flats. You wont be able to find any unit going for less than $1100psf....

Singapore is too small already, unless all the MRT and Major roads r underground

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    wait till u see The Ford along holland road. some units facing the T-junction and acorss the road are HDB flats. You wont be able to find any unit going for less than $1100psf....

Maybe next time condo also underground. Penthouse B15.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Singapore is too small already, unless all the MRT and Major roads r underground

Default WFK Construction Progress as of 11th September 2008

Update for Waterfront Waves's neighbours!

Last edited by kEN9170; 12-09-09 at 11:46.

Default Bird Eye View of Waterfront Key

Thank a lot. Ken.

Any one know the use of those big stone block?

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170

how is the sales of waterfront collection? Showroom crowded or sales slowing down...?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiehu
    Thank a lot. Ken.

The big stone is to test the bored piles (a deep hole filled up with metal bars and concrete) in the ground for any sign of settlements after loading the piles with the required load (from the stacked stone, as required by professional engineers).

Very common sight for large building constructons.

Thanks

thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by mycom47
    The big stone is to test the bored piles (a deep hole filled up with metal bars and concrete) in the ground for any sign of settlements after loading the piles with the required load (from the stacked stone, as required by professional engineers).

Very common sight for large building constructons.

Thanks

A new section has been created at the following link for discussion among Waterfront Key and waves owners.

Default Choosing Style/layout

Hi WK owners,
    not sure if you've received a letter recently from Far East with regards to the style/layout of the kitchen & master bath.

Would like to gather some info/opinion before making my selections. My choices are:
    1. Master bath room, choose either:
    a. standing shower area
    b. long bath
    c. sunken bath

2. Kitchen (trickier as neither seems better than the other), choose either:
    a. conventional (ie, kitchen hoods at the same side as the basin)
    b. alternative kitchen layout (ie, kitchen hoods facing dining and extended out 1/3 of dining area)

I'm more concern about the kitchen layout as i'm not sure where is the storage space for the fridge/washing machine/dryer for 2a. 2b. Appreciate your views...

Default WFK

Hi there

I havent received any letter from the developer. I should be receiving the letter from my lawyer right?

I think i will be opting for a sunken bath for masterbedroom... Yes, like you, im totally clueless on the kitchen selection....

Hi WFW owners,
    Any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by simone
    Hi there

I havent received any letter from the developer. I should be receiving the letter from my lawyer right?

I think i will be opting for a sunken bath for masterbedroom... Yes, like you, im totally clueless on the kitchen selection....

Hi WFW owners,
    Any advise?
    the letter actually came from FCL Peak Pte. Ltd. - ie the developer...

and yes i think i'll be selecting the sunken bath too.

something i forgot to mention earlier is the choice of the "theme" color, ie, Summer (white marble) or Spring (beige marble) theme. i think i'll opt for the Spring theme since the beige color marble is easier to maintain but it also come with "timber look" laminated cabinet door and wardrobe - i didn't pay attention to the wardrobe of the Spring theme showflat, can someone pls post some photos in case you have it? thanks!
    Last edited by hokowi; 22-09-09 at 16:15. Reason: add-on

Hi hi

Do you mind sharing when did u receive the letter? If it's a while back, then I would have to check with the lawyer cos it has been them corresponding with the other side......

Hi hi

Do you mind sharing when did u receive the letter? If it's a while back, then I would have to check with the lawyer cos it has been them corresponding with the other side......
    The letter was dated 16 Sep.

Quote Originally Posted by hokowi
    The letter was dated 16 Sep.
    Ok. Thanks...
    Din know that we got to make decision so fast... Hopefully there will be more WFK/WFW owners to give us suggestion....

Quote Originally Posted by hokowi
    the letter actually came from FCL Peak Pte. Ltd. - ie the developer...

and yes i think i'll be selecting the sunken bath too.

something i forgot to mention earlier is the choice of the "theme" color, ie, Summer (white marble) or Spring (beige marble) theme. i think i'll opt for the Spring theme since the beige color marble is easier to maintain but it also come with "timber look" laminated cabinet door and wardrobe - i didn't pay attention to the wardrobe of the Spring theme showflat, can someone pls post some photos in case you have it? thanks!
    Think i will drop by the showflat again to have a look.....

Hi simone,

I've provided my opinion to hokowi at http://waterfrontwaves.freeforums.org

See you there.

Hi there

Hi WFW owners,
    Any advise?