Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

Quote Originally Posted by ymgsterling
    For appreciation, why is it "shitty"?
    Probably bcos units too close to the pools and too crowded with 500+ units in a small plot and also controlled by the handful of agents?

For appreciation, why is it "shitty"?
    there is no up side, only a lot of downside risk.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    there is no up side, only a lot of downside risk.
    which project have the strongest upside in your view?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    which project have the strongest upside in your view?
    carabelle

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    carabelle
    Don't mock me. I am not promoting anything. I just expressed my honest opinions about ATT in Punggol at $870psf and people calling it cheap.

Don't mock me. I am not promoting anything. I just expressed my honest opinions about ATT in Punggol at $870psf and people calling it cheap.
    No hard feelings

It isnt cheap but its current market value

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    No hard feelings

It isnt cheap but its current market value
    yes, at best it can be described as fairly priced. Not cheap by any stretch of imagination. certainly not worth queuing for or balloting for. That is just crazy.

hey without ppl buying ATT at 880, how to get ppl buy ur carabelle at 1000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    hey without ppl buying ATT at 880, how to get ppl buy ur carabelle at 1000 ?
    if I don't get people to pay $1000psf for my crapybelle, how can you get people to buy $2000 for your rivergate?

This is something I really don't understand.... Why would people pay close to 1000 psf lh land at punggol and not fh land at pandan valley? I guess it's the quantum again...

This is something I really don't understand.... Why would people pay close to 1000 psf lh land at punggol and not fh land at pandan valley? I guess it's the quantum again...
    of coz it is quantum. if you are talking about 2-3mil in pandan valley, there are better choices around like 1 Shelford with 2 MRT stations in up market Bukit Timah right?

can also say why Trizon is not sold out? surely because the quantum is very high!!
    Ppl all thinking the PRC has loads of cash and will pick up all these, but they are not bitting. They are all buying EU Habitat SOHO units in lower quantum....
    Chinese are smart ppl.......

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    of coz it is quantum. if you are talking about 2-3mil in pandan valley, there are better choices around like 1 Shelford with 2 MRT stations in up market Bukit Timah right?

can also say why Trizon is not sold out? surely because the quantum is very high!!
    Ppl all thinking the PRC has loads of cash and will pick up all these, but they are not bitting. They are all buying EU Habitat SOHO units in lower quantum....
    Go where the masses are, more demand from those sandwiched between HDB and luxury.

was thnking of investing in this project
    and passed b this afternoon...see vacant units in blocks facing bukit timah rd. any reason?

floridian has > 300 units
    cascadia >500 units

jardine> 100 units less

not to mention the older projects
    debating with wifey on buy or no buy
    her views wait till mid 2012 with onstream supply of so many more choices..she wants new TOP projects
    i prefer older projects....ladies normally have the right feel
    thats why wifey asks me to sell
    old projects like ladies (no offence) difficult to rent, maintenance higher, management committee must be solid, no interest if located to new project as rental yield will be not to wide ...ppl will prefer newly TOP projects sigh

Earlier posting shows flooding here. No wonder someone said flooding in D21. Only this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    was thnking of investing in this project
    and passed b this afternoon...see vacant units in blocks facing bukit timah rd. any reason?

floridian has > 300 units
    cascadia >500 units

jardine> 100 units less

not to mention the older projects
    debating with wifey on buy or no buy
    her views wait till mid 2012 with onstream supply of so many more choices..she wants new TOP projects
    i prefer older projects....ladies normally have the right feel
    thats why wifey asks me to sell
    old projects like ladies (no offence) difficult to rent, maintenance higher, management committee must be solid, no interest if located to new project as rental yield will be not to wide ...ppl will prefer newly TOP projects sigh

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver

Indonesians always buy FH while Chinese seem to prefer LH with higher yield. Indonesians buy big units while Chinese buys 1br. I guess Indonesians treat Singapore as backup home near Mt E Hospital while Chinese just treat it as pure investment?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Indonesians always buy FH while Chinese seem to prefer LH with higher yield. Indonesians buy big units while Chinese buys 1br. I guess Indonesians treat Singapore as backup home near Mt E Hospital while Chinese just treat it as pure investment?
    Where u get the info tat china chinese prefer 1bdr? I only know they dun mind 99lh.

Chinese are more pragmatic. They go into anything that can make $. Big or Small. Long or short. Legal or ...

Many units at Cascadia remain unsold?

Not surprising. Agent kept telling me "hurry hurry before it is sold out." I was thinking, who in their right minds would buy into this project at these prices?

Many units at Cascadia remain unsold?

Not surprising. Agent kept telling me "hurry hurry before it is sold out." I was thinking, who in their right minds would buy into this project at these prices?
    cuz 3rd world lo
    Affordable means small

PRCs are getting savvy. Many are already investing beyond so-called "prime" areas because they could see higher yields and longer runway for growth - they have foresight. Read today's Straits Times, prime district rents are already falling - considering the yields are the lowest in the prime districts - it's worrisome that rentals are falling further.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Chinese are more pragmatic. They go into anything that can make $. Big or Small. Long or short. Legal or ...

Heavy storms these few days, any flooding here/bukit timah?

I wonder if the improved drainage helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    PRCs are getting savvy. Many are already investing beyond so-called "prime" areas because they could see higher yields and longer runway for growth - they have foresight. Read today's Straits Times, prime district rents are already falling - considering the yields are the lowest in the prime districts - it's worrisome that rentals are falling further.
    So looks like Prime is DEAD...
    When will surburbs rise till its only 20% cheaper than Prime?
    Or maybe on par?

So looks like Prime is DEAD...
    When will surburbs rise till its only 20% cheaper than Prime?
    Or maybe on par?
    I doubt so. Prime still comes with the prestige, convenience etc.

I doubt so. Prime still comes with the prestige, convenience etc.
    That's what the 20% difference is for. For the prestige an convenience on this tiny island.

Drove along bukit timah a couple of times. Noticed that some parts of the road has been raised and longkang widen. Looks like there is high chance flooding will be a matter of the past.

I am still hoping for floods to happen so as to buy cheaper property there.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Mate, fund owns more than 100 units and the agents are just only the handful. So maybe it is right that prices there have strong resistance against falls.

2 of my friends bought cascadia half a year ago. One of them located the fund manager and managed to get the fund manager to sell her the 3rd floor unit of the "premium" stack that the fund manager was managing .. at 14xx psf.
    The other friend bought a 3 bedder at $13xx, second floor facing floridian pool.I was told the price has since moved up.

My friend just told me agent said they are gonna raise the price for cascadia penthouses by 2% for new release very soon .. I noticed cascadia psf price varies alot for 3 bedders

Understand that the fund manager is selling their units this weekend.
    Anyone has any information?

Received SMS, selling 16xxpsf

Quote Originally Posted by Cool
    Received SMS, selling 16xxpsf
    What size? It would be nice to see how they sell.