Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

To pay this price for this location? Ha ha ha!
    But then to think again, nothing is impossible if The Vision can sell at S$1300 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    its a relaunch, last launched in 2007. 2 foreign funds bought at 1500psf but a handful of buyers paid 1700 to 1800psf at the peak. current indicative is 1300 to 1600psf. i think may TOP at year end or early next year.

will be interesting to see if people will bite. hope someone who is following the preview this week can update us on the sales figures.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But then to think again, nothing is impossible if The Vision can sell at S$1300 psf!

its a relaunch, last launched in 2007. 2 foreign funds bought at 1500psf but a handful of buyers paid 1700 to 1800psf at the peak. current indicative is 1300 to 1600psf. i think may TOP at year end or early next year.
    In early 2007, i was told by knight frank agts tat indicative prices was 1100-1300psf and i submitted chq...ended up delay till mid 07 and marketed overseas at 1700psf..

well... floridian was already going at 1250psf - 1300psf in june09, just before the mkt picked up again.
    i think vision is only about 1000 - 1100psf on avg, not 1300psf, altho i agree that even at 1100psf its pricey for a 99yr devt.

cascadia location is not too bad along bt timah, but kinda stuck btw 2 future mrt stations (blackmore and 6th ave i think).

the new showflat is actually along old holland road behind MGS. have been driving past it for a while now.

LOL....same here! waited till the cows come home and they NEVER launched until the peak!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    In early 2007, i was told by knight frank agts tat indicative prices was 1100-1300psf and i submitted chq...ended up delay till mid 07 and marketed overseas at 1700psf..

its a pity. the old showflat from 2007 was hardly used, done up nicely, kept empty for ages, then torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    well... floridian was already going at 1250psf - 1300psf in june09, just before the mkt picked up again.
    i think vision is only about 1000 - 1100psf on avg, not 1300psf, altho i agree that even at 1100psf its pricey for a 99yr devt.

cascadia location is not too bad along bt timah, but kinda stuck btw 2 future mrt stations (blackmore and 6th ave i think).

the new showflat is actually along old holland road behind MGS. have been driving past it for a while now.

LOL....same here! waited till the cows come home and they NEVER launched until the peak!
    another similar case: novelis @ novena....submitted chq for the 2 penthses as i was indicated ard 1100psf or even lesser by Huttons. ended up sold to a ppty firm... (but serves them right, they cannot make much $ and still trying to let go)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

During peak hours, e.g. evening 6.30pm-8pm, Bukit Timah road from Robin Road junction northwards towards Ngee Ann Poly direction always jam like hell!
    (Similarly for southwards travel in morning peak hours from Ngee Ann side).

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose

During peak hours, e.g. evening 6.30pm-8pm, Bukit Timah road from Robin Road junction northwards towards Ngee Ann Poly direction always jam like hell!
    (Similarly for southwards travel in morning peak hours from Ngee Ann side).
    with the amt of cars on the road these days, its perpetually jammed every you go btw 8am - 9am, and 6pm - 8pm. even if not jammed, traffic is heavy, and slows to a crawl.

i can't think of any major arterial roads that are free flowing that during these hours - that's why its called peak hour traffic. even within hdb estates e.g. in choa chu kang, or punggol/sengkang, getting out of the estate takes some 15 - 20 min for some pple in the mornings.

Default Cut loss?!

Published May 21, 2010

MGPA offloads 162 Cascadia units to Alpha fund

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Private equity property group MGPA is understood to have sold its stake in the 162 apartments it bought at The Cascadia in 2007 to a fund managed by Keppel Land's Alpha Investment Partners.

BT understands the latest sale priced the freehold apartments on Bukit Timah Road at about $1,280- 1,300 per square foot on average. This is about 10-12 per cent below the $1,450 psf average price or $280.36 million that MGPA paid for the units more than three years ago.

Hi,
    Drove passed the showflat on way home along Blackmore Drive at arnd 6.30pm yesterday, saw showflat carpark full and cars parked on roadside extending more than 150m-wow!
    If the price is really $1280-1300 psf assuming for 3brm 1300 or so sqft. would be IMO very do-able relatively speaking for the area.
    Any forumer actually been to the showflat and able to feedback on actual $, etc.

Published May 21, 2010

MGPA offloads 162 Cascadia units to Alpha fund

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) Private equity property group MGPA is understood to have sold its stake in the 162 apartments it bought at The Cascadia in 2007 to a fund managed by Keppel Land's Alpha Investment Partners.

BT understands the latest sale priced the freehold apartments on Bukit Timah Road at about $1,280- 1,300 per square foot on average. This is about 10-12 per cent below the $1,450 psf average price or $280.36 million that MGPA paid for the units more than three years ago.

I think the launch price is $1500 to 1600psf.

1280 to 1300 is the 162 unit bulk purchase price which keppel land fund bought from MPG foreign fund. They will probably hold till TOP to rent out or sell at the price then. I think Allgreen's price is 1300 to 1600psf, some agents sms said 1400 to 1700psf.

1280 to 1300psf of course do-able. but not available.

Quote Originally Posted by livenlove
    Hi,
    Drove passed the showflat on way home along Blackmore Drive at arnd 6.30pm yesterday, saw showflat carpark full and cars parked on roadside extending more than 150m-wow!
    If the price is really $1280-1300 psf assuming for 3brm 1300 or so sqft. would be IMO very do-able relatively speaking for the area.
    Any forumer actually been to the showflat and able to feedback on actual $, etc.

Angry

Hi,
    Thought so- too good to be true!
    No need to rush down this evening then.
    Tks

1280 to 1300 is the 162 unit bulk purchase price which keppel land fund bought from MPG foreign fund. They will probably hold till TOP to rent out or sell at the price then. I think Allgreen's price is 1300 to 1600psf, some agents sms said 1400 to 1700psf.

1280 to 1300psf of course do-able. but not available.

since you seem to stay so near, should go down. they already advertise on tv today, tomorrow should see a crowd. seems like you will be the only one able to update us on the sales status. rather quiet on this thread otherwise.

Hi,
    Tks

i think the quantum should be ok, psf same as floridian but smaller sq ft so quantum is probably market rate.

Hi,
    Tks

Default Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

Quote Originally Posted by G17
    I think the launch price is $1500 to 1600psf.

went down just now...1 bed room at S$860 000 (minimum) at 570sqft 3rd floor price quoted after discount...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    went down just now...1 bed room at S$860 000 (minimum) at 570sqft 3rd floor price quoted after discount...
    1500psf...not too bad..hmm much better den the wat jln anak bukit...similar psf

1500psf...not too bad..hmm much better den the wat jln anak bukit...similar psf

The layout also not bad...squarish layout...but seems that not many people are in a rush to buy...there are still alot of so called star buy units (galore as one whole list shown to me)...more choices nowsaday...
    Last edited by peterng8; 22-05-10 at 19:43. Reason: fun

due to EU...

MBR jus sold one 4X-04 1bedder at only 2350psf
    FIRESALE

did they say roughly how many units had been sold since the preview?

was the showflat crowded when u dropped by?

i also think the layout is quite alright for an old plan (planter and bay windows design). nothing too excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    The layout also not bad...squarish layout...but seems that not many people are in a rush to buy...there are still alot of so called star buy units (galore as one whole list shown to me)...more choices nowsaday...

MBR firesale? so fast hit already? i thought usually will take months of down stock market before it happens. market only down for 1 month leh.

due to EU...

MBR jus sold one 4X-04 1bedder at only 2350psf
    FIRESALE

MBR rental yield too low mah...sell 2350psf also ard 1.7mil...rental oni 4.5k max

1.7mil also can make alot liao...initial launch ard 1300-1500psf

by the way, the mbr seaview facing nth great...lots of cranes + noisy...southbank nicer view hehe

did they say roughly how many units had been sold since the preview?

was the showflat crowded when u dropped by?

i also think the layout is quite alright for an old plan (planter and bay windows design). nothing too excessive.

ny kids have plenty of space to run around....

MBR rental yield too low mah...sell 2350psf also ard 1.7mil...rental oni 4.5k max

1.7mil also can make alot liao...initial launch ard 1300-1500psf

by the way, the mbr seaview facing nth great...lots of cranes + noisy...southbank nicer view hehe
    Wah! 2350psf good price for developer lor.. property mkt still hv demand..

just been to cascadia and dunearn suites(spend less den 5min)

Dunearn is a flop 18xxpsf for a studio...such a small piece of land...High end DOG hole?

Cascadia although quite a big plot of land...but feels very cramped...blocked both sides left and right....not much view so to speak...2bedder from 1.4mil+, nicer 1bedder 04-55 is 900k. the only gd thing it is gona TOP end of yr...gd for genuine home buyers. quantum and psf quite high for D21...sales very so-so..similar to flamingo V

other den the 1xxunits sold to Fund hse...4x units r sold to public so far...very poor response...given 5mins walk to king albert park MRT doesnt help

Is the fund just going to rent out the units? The fund with 1xx units would have significant votes during AGM (since 90% of residents do not attend) to veto any decisions

that's a good update! think i missed dunearn suites advert on sat, still saw one last week, they so fast cut cost already? LOL.

actually, cascadia, although quite a big plot of land, actually for low rise 12 storey to fit in 500+ units, the blocks need to take up quite a lot of the big plot of land so remaining space is not too much left, maybe that's why you feel that its cramp.

40+ sold after preview and 1st weekend launch? means 300+ to go lor. and we don't even know if the keppel fund which bought at 1280 to 1300psf is going to unload upon TOP or rent them out.

Could the poor response be because its going to TOP soon?! indicating that the recent demand consists more of people who don't intend to stay in the units they bought?

just been to cascadia and dunearn suites(spend less den 5min)

Dunearn is a flop 18xxpsf for a studio...such a small piece of land...High end DOG hole?

Cascadia although quite a big plot of land...but feels very cramped...blocked both sides left and right....not much view so to speak...2bedder from 1.4mil+, nicer 1bedder 04-55 is 900k. the only gd thing it is gona TOP end of yr...gd for genuine home buyers. quantum and psf quite high for D21...sales very so-so..similar to flamingo V

other den the 1xxunits sold to Fund hse...4x units r sold to public so far...very poor response...given 5mins walk to king albert park MRT doesnt help

that's a good update! think i missed dunearn suites advert on sat, still saw one last week, they so fast cut cost already? LOL.

actually, cascadia, although quite a big plot of land, actually for low rise 12 storey to fit in 500+ units, the blocks need to take up quite a lot of the big plot of land so remaining space is not too much left, maybe that's why you feel that its cramp.

40+ sold after preview and 1st weekend launch? means 300+ to go lor. and we don't even know if the keppel fund which bought at 1280 to 1300psf is going to unload upon TOP or rent them out.

Could the poor response be because its going to TOP soon?! indicating that the recent demand consists more of people who don't intend to stay in the units they bought?
    not so sure y such a poor response...mabe due to the news about the original fund hse offload at a loss...in fact the pricing not tat ridiculous...nearby resale is oredi 1.1 to 1.2kpsf....given FH and 5mins future MRT...

but doesnt entice me...no view, MRT 2015...rental yield quite low....furnishing very mass market...porcelain tiles (agt still say marble quality)

For genuine stayers who can afford a 3br here, owning 2 cars + 2 maids and home tutors liao, MRT not that attractive relative to suburbs.