Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    This is what I really don't understand.... 1400+ psf for Cascadia against 900+
    to 1k+ psf for Canberra condo and waterfronT Isle and people flock to buy the latter two condo rather than Cascadia?

I know the units in Cascadia is a bit too close to each other, but in terms of location many times better but costs only 40% more and the up graders flock to these OCR properties.....

Any comments?
    Its all abt absolute quantum issnt it?

Then these up graders will definitely lose out long term if they keep looking at quantum..... Pricing of condo in orchard and bukit timah is at least 2-3 times more when it's only 5-10 mins drive.... And Canberra is another 20 to 30 mins drive from bucket timah and it's only 50 percent more? Strange right? And cascade will have met soon as well...

I think it's more the fact they just assume they cannot afford prime and high class area so don't bother to look.... Plus their parents sure ask them to stay near them and hence Bo Bian coz wanna stay condo so just buy.... Never think about future investment returns.....
    quantum vy impt la....u got lots of cash tats y got more options....many r having just enuff $ to pay 20% down leh....

This is what I really don't understand.... 1400+ psf for Cascadia against 900+
    to 1k+ psf for Canberra condo and waterfronT Isle and people flock to buy the latter two condo rather than Cascadia?

I know the units in Cascadia is a bit too close to each other, but in terms of location many times better but costs only 40% more and the up graders flock to these OCR properties.....

Any comments?
    Comparing to Floridan, I think Cascadia is a good buy.
    As I understand, Floridan is selling well.
    Any comments?

I think it's more the fact they just assume they cannot afford prime and high class area so don't bother to look.... Plus their parents sure ask them to stay near them and hence Bo Bian coz wanna stay condo so just buy.... Never think about future investment returns.....
    quite possible, I know in some cases, parents now using their retirement $ & chipping in to help young couples pay part of the downpayment

Quote Originally Posted by ymgsterling
    Comparing to Floridan, I think Cascadia is a good buy.
    As I understand, Floridan is selling well.
    Any comments?
    That's something I can never understand.... Project side side by but fFEO can sell 20% more than it's neigbour.... And casacadia is also new... And it's not just this project... All FEO project the same.... Silver sea also the same...

Really respect them man..... Any reasons why the can sell so high?

That's something I can never understand.... Project side side by but fFEO can sell 20% more than it's neigbour.... And casacadia is also new... And it's not just this project... All FEO project the same.... Silver sea also the same...

i tink FEO got lobangs from china....foreigners $$ easier to earn as they duno how to make comparison....i noticed china buyers signing the dot at the altez whrby they cud actually buy at a cheaper price at subsale market...Mi Casa another eg....subsale cheaper but still got ppl buy from FEO now...

every mth silversea got some transactions....and i doubt ANY of us here bot a unit there....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tink FEO got lobangs from china....foreigners $$ easier to earn as they duno how to make comparison....i noticed china buyers signing the dot at the altez whrby they cud actually buy at a cheaper price at subsale market...Mi Casa another eg....subsale cheaper but still got ppl buy from FEO now...

every mth silversea got some transactions....and i doubt ANY of us here bot a unit there....hehe
    FEO advertisement on Singapore airlines inflight is impressive especially if u are a foreigner, it list all its awards and accolades over the years. Perhaps one good reason why it has been able to draw and bring in foreigners to pay higher $ for its projects. Hats off to them.

floridian may be overpriced (by how much i don't know), but it is definitely worth a premium vs cascadia. for a start, its 300+ units vs 500+ units on a plot of land which is not a lot smaller than cascadia. floridian's layout and unit sizes are also more in tune with the bukit timah brand. the finishing and quality of materials used is also better. cascadia is more of a mid market product which would have done very well further up in upper bukit timah. for bukit timah proper, real bukit timah fans would prefer floridian if its within their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    floridian may be overpriced (by how much i don't know), but it is definitely worth a premium vs cascadia. for a start, its 300+ units vs 500+ units on a plot of land which is not a lot smaller than cascadia. floridian's layout and unit sizes are also more in tune with the bukit timah brand. the finishing and quality of materials used is also better. cascadia is more of a mid market product which would have done very well further up in upper bukit timah. for bukit timah proper, real bukit timah fans would prefer floridian if its within their budget.
    the flooding picture doesn't help either.

So with Cascadia > 1km from MGS and not fantastic finishings, small plot size, congested development, more than 100 fund invested units... looks like we should avoid investing here?

MGS is most definitely within 1km of Cascadia. but still need to ballot anyway. plot size is not small but the design and shape constraint + more units made it feel more cramped.

whether to invest or not is up to individual. i think for rental, the yield may be higher for cascadia because of smaller unit sizes + lower psf purchase price. for own stay, i can safely say floridian is better if price is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    So with Cascadia > 1km from MGS and not fantastic finishings, small plot size, congested development, more than 100 fund invested units... looks like we should avoid investing here?

MGS is most definitely within 1km of Cascadia. but still need to ballot anyway. plot size is not small but the design and shape constraint + more units made it feel more cramped.

whether to invest or not is up to individual. i think for rental, the yield may be higher for cascadia because of smaller unit sizes + lower psf purchase price. for own stay, i can safely say floridian is better if price is not an issue.
    Floridian is well positioned. But you sure their furnishing is good? Very unlikely for FEO projects.

Went to pay the cascadia a visit on the weekend. the agent said that the flood water in the basement carpark came from Floridian, while showing overt anger. obviously agents for the two projects don't like each other. asking her to provide a guarantee that there will be no flooding in the future, she refused. So, I have no idea that flooding is gonna be a problem or not.

the problem with the site plan is that all the blocks are positioned in a way that leaves pockets of empty space along the fringes of the projects that cannot be used, while reducing the space in the middle considerably.

No, I did not see any marble. The finishes are definitely mid market.

[quote=stalingrad]Went to pay the cascadia a visit on the weekend. the agent said that the flood water in the basement carpark came from Floridian, while showing overt anger. obviously agents for the two projects don't like each other. asking her to provide a guarantee that there will be no flooding in the future, she refused. So, I have no idea that flooding is gonna be a problem or not.
    quote]

I went to view the units after the flooding incident. Had a chance to speak to the bangalas and they say floods are quite common there. I tried asking the security guard too and he smiled. Wife says better forget about this dev because when it rains, she has to bring in the clothes and if we buy Cascadia, she has more things to worry... our cars.

[quote=mygeemeel]
    Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Went to pay the cascadia a visit on the weekend. the agent said that the flood water in the basement carpark came from Floridian, while showing overt anger. obviously agents for the two projects don't like each other. asking her to provide a guarantee that there will be no flooding in the future, she refused. So, I have no idea that flooding is gonna be a problem or not.
    quote]

I went to view the units after the flooding incident. Had a chance to speak to the bangalas and they say floods are quite common there. I tried asking the security guard too and he smiled. Wife says better forget about this dev because when it rains, she has to bring in the clothes and if we buy Cascadia, she has more things to worry... our cars.
    Haha, Allgreen pushing FEO the bark...of flooding..Good that u check with Banglas, they blur blur anything also tell u, security guard probably told not to say anything lo..., smiling mean = Yes... Heard from my friend staying at Nexus, which has no flood that there are raising the road level or curbs in the surrounding area.....not sure of exact details..

floridian may be overpriced (by how much i don't know), but it is definitely worth a premium vs cascadia.
    be careful only the Floridian "premium" are more like "in tune with the bukit timah brand". The earlier ones are just as common as Cascadia (but they were cheaper too).

staling: why are you scouting around here ? have you revisited your favorite duchess residences yet ?

feo also advertise non stop in SIA ... for the longest time it was Silversea ...now Jardin

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    feo also advertise non stop in SIA ... for the longest time it was Silversea ...now Jardin
    I noticed that too.

if i din recall wrongly.

i visited floridian showflat after the market burst in 2007 and i only visited cascadia's showflat one or two months back. but if i din recall wrongly, floridian left a much better impression on me.

anyway, i have visisted the higher end FEO projects in the past year or so and their finishing and layout is better than peers who launch nearby but i still feel doesn't justify the price.

Floridian is well positioned. But you sure their furnishing is good? Very unlikely for FEO projects.

yup, of course only referring to floridian. but new projects are alright lah, Cyan also ok in terms of layout and finishing (can't say the same about accessibility from keng chin though )

shouldn't it be "OUR" fav duchess resi? hahahahha. so how amk? u still looking to buy there? i have given up on that project liao unless maybe 1000psf hahahhaha.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    be careful only the Floridian "premium" are more like "in tune with the bukit timah brand". The earlier ones are just as common as Cascadia (but they were cheaper too).

staling: why are you scouting around here ? have you revisited your favorite duchess residences yet ?

yup, of course only referring to floridian. but new projects are alright lah, Cyan also ok in terms of layout and finishing (can't say the same about accessibility from keng chin though )

shouldn't it be "OUR" fav duchess resi? hahahahha. so how amk? u still looking to buy there? i have given up on that project liao unless maybe 1000psf hahahhaha.

1000psf? I think you would have to kill the owners to sell one to you at that price.

amk, I am checking in that area cause my kid goes to american school, which is too far from where we live. DR is too expensive for me. so, perhaps cascadian. but I am afraid of flooding problems.

Buy the flood free projects like Casa, Nexus or The Sterling.
    No such issue and have piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ymgsterling
    Buy the flood free projects like Casa, Nexus or The Sterling.
    No such issue and have piece of mind.
    No certainty anymore with weather getting worse. If I remember correctly, the stretch of Bukit Timah seemed to experience flooding every year. It could happen on any dev. I think FEO might be the winner with their mscp.

No certainty anymore with weather getting worse. If I remember correctly, the stretch of Bukit Timah seemed to experience flooding every year. It could happen on any dev. I think FEO might be the winner with their mscp.
    Years ago, I remember telling my friend that his FEO condo with MSCP look like a Fenced up HDB flats with better finishes and facilities since HDB also have MSCP. now if u are owners of Tessarina, u wish u have MSCP rather than flood prone basement carparks.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Years ago, I remember telling my friend that his FEO condo with MSCP look like a Fenced up HDB flats with better finishes and facilities since HDB also have MSCP. now if u are owners of Tessarina, u wish u have MSCP rather than flood prone basement carparks.
    Ouch, I feel sad for your friend. Buy condo kana suan

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    in future MSCP become popular and premium especially cars easily above 100k now?

i got ppty with MSCP leh....dun suan like dat la

in future MSCP become popular and premium especially cars easily above 100k now?

i got ppty with MSCP leh....dun suan like dat la
    Don't worry, I suan my friend > 10 years ago, now I value MSCP project, u never know when the flood will come....if stay in flood prone or low-lying area. Am sure Aussies never thought such disaster will strike them also

Pardon me, what is MSCP?

multi storey car park

Saw numerous adverts on propguru by same agents. All asking above $1,400psf. After the flooding incident and views from people, I think I will avoid bukit timah all together. I'm sure there are better units at similar or lower prices. Any suggestions?