Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

Water and jam dun make rice.

I don't know about the bigger units. Saw 882sqft and 990sqft. If anyone has seen the layout, you will find the 882sqft has a utility room facing the hall. Why would developer design it this way?

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    I don't know about the bigger units. Saw 882sqft and 990sqft. If anyone has seen the layout, you will find the 882sqft has a utility room facing the hall. Why would developer design it this way?
    so you can see exactly what the maid is doing 24 hours a day and 7 days a week?

my problem is that there is no yard. Expect every resident to air dry their laundry on the balcony or planter, or even living room windows.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    so you can see exactly what the maid is doing 24 hours a day and 7 days a week?

my problem is that there is no yard. Expect every resident to air dry their laundry on the balcony or planter, or even living room windows.
    Maybe they expect every household to own a Dryer, not hang for sun to dry. Wonder if they provide washing machine & dryer for buyers in sale of units

No certainty anymore with weather getting worse. If I remember correctly, the stretch of Bukit Timah seemed to experience flooding every year. It could happen on any dev. I think FEO might be the winner with their mscp.
    there was a news report on the bad traffic 2 days ago along dunearn road...somemore this is district 21, not 11, so asking 1500psf above will really be too much.

my problem is that there is no yard.
    get the PH unit then. for example the one behind just next to Floridian and overlooking its pool and at the same time can tell yourself you pay 40% less compared to your immediate neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    get the PH unit then. for example the one behind just next to Floridian and overlooking its pool and at the same time can tell yourself you pay 40% less compared to your immediate neighbor.
    that would be too big a yard!!!

bros amk & stalingrad, i just realised that in the sales data released two days back, duchess residences managed to sell 1 of the 2 remaining units at 1680psf. that's even lower than 5 of the 7 subsales which took place in the past 15 months!

be careful only the Floridian "premium" are more like "in tune with the bukit timah brand". The earlier ones are just as common as Cascadia (but they were cheaper too).

staling: why are you scouting around here ? have you revisited your favorite duchess residences yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    bros amk & stalingrad, i just realised that in the sales data released two days back, duchess residences managed to sell 1 of the 2 remaining units at 1680psf. that's even lower than 5 of the 7 subsales which took place in the past 15 months!
    If it goes to $1400psf, I will pounce. Or I can wait for Casabella to drop to $1200psf.

If DP can fetch only this low price, what does that say about the chance of Capitaland selling D'leedon at $1650psf. only the gullible will buy.

If it goes to $1400psf, I will pounce. Or I can wait for Casabella to drop to $1200psf.

If DP can fetch only this low price, what does that say about the chance of Capitaland selling D'leedon at $1650psf. only the gullible will buy.
    For Casabella to drop to S$1,200psf is a challenge. Limited units in this development so supply isnt enough.

I dont understand why previous owners would still buy D'leedon. I would have taken the money from enbloc and run to other developments. Was it sentimental reasons for buying D'leedon?

For Casabella to drop to S$1,200psf is a challenge. Limited units in this development so supply isnt enough.

I dont understand why previous owners would still buy D'leedon. I would have taken the money from enbloc and run to other developments. Was it sentimental reasons for buying D'leedon?
    the most recently transaction for casabella is only 1270psf.

if developer for Duchess Resi can only sell at 1680 (assumed to be big unit garden mansionette), then expect subsales to be around this level or even lower. prices looked pretty capped there.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    EDIT: ok I found. "garden maisonette" at $1680 is still higher than the "power buy" bunch

btw shall we adjourn to the "official thread" ?

is there an official thread? i thot i posted in one before but no one wanted to discuss with me hahaha. ok let's move there.

EDIT: ok I found. "garden maisonette" at $1680 is still higher than the "power buy" bunch

btw shall we adjourn to the "official thread" ?

Flashflood this weekend. Remember to bring swimming costume and floats.

Flashflood this weekend. Remember to bring swimming costume and floats.
    Waterfront living at its best??

see alot of units for sale and rent?

how are the transactions and the forum is quiet

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    see alot of units for sale and rent?

how are the transactions and the forum is quiet
    went to the showflats, and thought it was ridiculous that the unit did not sport even one slab of marble while you have to shell out $2-3 mil to get a unit with a decent size.

went to the showflats, and thought it was ridiculous that the unit did not sport even one slab of marble while you have to shell out $2-3 mil to get a unit with a decent size.
    second tat

... it was ridiculous that the unit did not sport even one slab of marble ...
    the specs read: 6. Finishes. Floor: Internal (b) Mable to Masterbath.

I viewed this dev 3 times. Just cannot accept paying premium for this bukit timah standard. So I decided not buying. Wifey love this but I guess the layout for 2 br is wrong and no yard for 2 and 2+1 br units. But if I have more money, then I might consider their 3 or 4 br units. Then again we might face with different considerations. Just my opinion.

I viewed this dev 3 times. Just cannot accept paying premium for this bukit timah standard. So I decided not buying. Wifey love this but I guess the layout for 2 br is wrong and no yard for 2 and 2+1 br units. But if I have more money, then I might consider their 3 or 4 br units. Then again we might face with different considerations. Just my opinion.

Until now still not sold out?

V cramped devt. Most units r v near one another or facing e busy n dusty bukit timah road. With tt $ might as well get a landed.

the specs read: 6. Finishes. Floor: Internal (b) Mable to Masterbath.
    Wow, can ask for discount?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Wow, can ask for discount?
    They wont bother giving discounts because majority already sold and some Fund holding numerous units.

Actually with GE coming, anyone feel that housing prices will rise or fall?

They wont bother giving discounts because majority already sold and some Fund holding numerous units.

Actually with GE coming, anyone feel that housing prices will rise or fall?
    Think many of us will be distracted by GE, i think property interest will take a back seat...as for price...., probably in general sideways...

Dropped by there a few days ago.
    Currently only left 4 bedders, grd flr units and Penthouses.
    I feel the grd flr units totally no privacy.
    While i was walking thru the development, I can basically see everything that is happening in the unit.
    You got to close your curtains at all times to get some privacy.

Penthouse seem ridiculous as the upper lvl is fully roof terrace.

After seeing that i m not interested in the Penthouses, 4 bedders or the grd flr units, the agent attending to me told me that the developer did not released 2 units of 3+S (5th flr and 6th flr) and will be releasing soon and showed me those unit.
    These units look more decent but i do doubt that its really reserved by the developer.
    Most likely is returned units.

Was told the price is likely to be in the region of $1.8 million plus.
    As for the quality, I would say its ok except that i noticed the flooring is actually homogenous tiles which is quite shocking for the price to pay.

There is an aircon vent in the dining area ... Is this more expensive or cheaper than a normal aircon unit? Easy to maintain? Reminds me of those found in chalet

does the car park gets few inches of water level during heavy rain? the fear is always there after tessarina