Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Cascadia (D21, Freehold, Allgreen)

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    does the car park gets few inches of water level during heavy rain? the fear is always there after tessarina
    Flood again... Why isn't anyone cashing out? Even if their cars are not soaked, at least they should find inconvenience moving in and out of bukit timah right?

I find stretch getting very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Flood again... Why isn't anyone cashing out? Even if their cars are not soaked, at least they should find inconvenience moving in and out of bukit timah right?

I find stretch getting very dangerous.
    R u toking abt bukit timah in general or specifically cascadia kenna flooded (or ponding) like the last time as seen in stomp?

Prices along bukit timah are going higher each day.
    Maybe cause of the flood, water = fortune

It's unsettling to know that when you wake up one morning, your car might be stuck in water in the basement carpark.

Problem includes not able to leave home bcos of flood along bukit timah, no transportations and going anywhere is inconvenient.

Prices at cascadia is majority owned by fund.

Problem includes not able to leave home bcos of flood along bukit timah, no transportations and going anywhere is inconvenient.

Prices at cascadia is majority owned by fund.
    yes more than 130 units are owned by a fund.

I also agree that during a down pour and afterward, the place is a prison.

Actually there are many choices in good locations at just about the same or lower price than cascadia. Having majority owned by Fund is something we need to bear in mind.

Actually there are many choices in good locations at just about the same or lower price than cascadia. Having majority owned by Fund is something we need to bear in mind.
    Owning by fund is good or bad?

Went there today... 90% sold.... Only lousy units left.... Surprised at the take up rate.... Units too close together, can see you neighbor clearly

1 agent told me no sub sale for this project.
    if want to buy, developer only left with 6 units.
    Funds not interested to sell at the moment even at 1700psft..

Floridian next door asking 1900psft in the papers!

something is just not right here....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    1 agent told me no sub sale for this project.
    if want to buy, developer only left with 6 units.
    Funds not interested to sell at the moment even at 1700psft..

Floridian next door asking 1900psft in the papers!

something is just not right here....
    Wrong info. Sub sale is e everywhere. Fund is selling some units already. Speak to any agents who are sole representatives.

Floridian sells future pricing and also strategises with list price minus % discount. One can buy Maplewoods at a much lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by ymgsterling
    Owning by fund is good or bad?
    Sorry for my ignorance. Can someone enlighten me on the above?
    Thanks in advance!

Sorry for my ignorance. Can someone enlighten me on the above?
    Thanks in advance!
    Few instances shows tat it is bad...fund may firesale when market soften.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Few instances shows tat it is bad...fund may firesale when market soften.
    the fund is not my money so I just have fun!

u give me a authority to screw u..

fun houses can suffer loses right?

Anyone here bought unit/s at Cascadia? How about giving your opinion of this development?

Just remembered I drove by Bukit Timah. Noticed that a portion of the road near to Maplewoods was made higher. Could be for flood prevention but why only a small portion and not the entire stretch?

I thought water flows down? I wonder if Cascadia, Tessarina, Maplewoods, Nexus will get flooded in their car parks.
    Last edited by mygeemeel; 12-07-11 at 01:19.

i think due to all the flooding issues... rental at cascadia is quite weak..

my friend's 3 bedder reduced price 2 times already still no takers...

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    i think due to all the flooding issues... rental at cascadia is quite weak..

my friend's 3 bedder reduced price 2 times already still no takers...
    What is the rate ur friend is asking?

What is the rate ur friend is asking?
    Yes, was about to ask the same. At $5k should have takers no? But if they're $6k that would be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Yes, was about to ask the same. At $5k should have takers no? But if they're $6k that would be a stretch.
    Some owners not really serious in renting out may try to get high rental while trying to sell at the same time...

For eg clift, noe got one owner asking 4.5k rental for his 1bdr...den offer came in at 4k, he rejected....until now still vacant

I can understand their mentality, it will be hard to sell wif tenancy at a gd price later on if the rental is not fantastic....so they rather leave it vacant

I can understand their mentality, it will be hard to sell wif tenancy at a gd price later on if the rental is not fantastic....so they rather leave it vacant
    I noticed this when i was house hunting in the past weeks. The rental price and duration matters alot when i was deciding whether to buy. Even if it was rented out, i cannot pay for the tenant to move out because of certain agreement. I guess owners will have a tougher time selling their unit.

I have one question though. For a property of more than $1.5m, with current loan interest rate and rental at $4,500 and monthly maintenance, i would say rental yield is ultra low. If interest rates hit 2.5% (assuming), then $4,500 rental is not enough to cover mortgage. Am i correct?

Some owners not really serious in renting out may try to get high rental while trying to sell at the same time...

For eg clift, noe got one owner asking 4.5k rental for his 1bdr...den offer came in at 4k, he rejected....until now still vacant

1 bedder Clift at $4k is a great offer. Owner's not keen to rent if they rejected that offer.

I noticed this when i was house hunting in the past weeks. The rental price and duration matters alot when i was deciding whether to buy. Even if it was rented out, i cannot pay for the tenant to move out because of certain agreement. I guess owners will have a tougher time selling their unit.

I have one question though. For a property of more than $1.5m, with current loan interest rate and rental at $4,500 and monthly maintenance, i would say rental yield is ultra low. If interest rates hit 2.5% (assuming), then $4,500 rental is not enough to cover mortgage. Am i correct?
    If ur nett rental yield is higher den int rate...den i will consider it as a positive yield.

Cant judge by looking at whether the rental income can cover installment anot becoz amount of loan a person took varies

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    1 bedder Clift at $4k is a great offer. Owner's not keen to rent if they rejected that offer.
    Yes, tat owner 1st priority is to sell....

If economy isnt getting better so I say the Fund will off load some units at firesale prices to cash out?

I noticed that it is always the same agents marketing this development. Is this for having better control of selling price / to create a false sense of price stability?

If economy isnt getting better so I say the Fund will off load some units at firesale prices to cash out?

I noticed that it is always the same agents marketing this development. Is this for having better control of selling price / to create a false sense of price stability?
    The more the instability, the more the fund will not release the units. They should have already made quite a tidy sum selling some units. If I were the fund manager, I would rather park my fund there to enjoy strong SGD and stability. There is no more full-facilities condo launch in bukit timah in recent months, so this one is quite safe to hold. Being FH and in bukit timah, there is no worry about selling later for a higher return.

Thumbs up

Last transacted price in excess of $1,800 psf. Comparable to Floridan.
    Good for the surrounding older development.

This one TOP quite some time right? Quite amazing, the one facing the road, 1 whole block EMPTY or probably a few units occupied when i drove pass today. This development was own by some fund hse ?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    This one TOP quite some time right? Quite amazing, the one facing the road, 1 whole block EMPTY or probably a few units occupied when i drove pass today. This development was own by some fund hse ?
    Mate, fund owns more than 100 units and the agents are just only the handful. So maybe it is right that prices there have strong resistance against falls.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    It is a shitty project, however you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    It is a shitty project, however you look at it.
    For appreciation, why is it "shitty"?