Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Viva (D11, Freehold, Allgreen)

Yeah, probably the 50m won't make much of a difference. Was coming more from the perspective of neighbouring amenities. At Viva, you have 2 malls with supermarkets and eateries. I like to go Pek Kio market for hawker food and can do some wet marketing. But no doubt, location at Newton still has a edge over Novena in terms of pricing.

But if we look at both developments from the property's point of view (floor plan, layout, size, facilities etc.), what are your thoughts? Would love to hear from bargainhunter bro too

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Both are around 9mins walk to the MRT station according to google map.
    But technically you could be right as there is a 50m difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer888 View Post
    Yeah, probably the 50m won't make much of a difference. Was coming more from the perspective of neighbouring amenities. At Viva, you have 2 malls with supermarkets and eateries. I like to go Pek Kio market for hawker food and can do some wet marketing. But no doubt, location at Newton still has a edge over Novena in terms of pricing.

But if we look at both developments from the property's point of view (floor plan, layout, size, facilities etc.), what are your thoughts? Would love to hear from bargainhunter bro too
    the floor plan of the viva unit seems to indicate the 2nd bedroom is quite small? the unit also only has a dry kitchen (unless u don't cook at all so that doesn't bother u).

I have not seen Viva cos out of my budget.
    If you would like to have more usable space , then Vida has a clear edge over Viva.
    This is based on what i saw in Vida units and the floorplan of Viva.
    In short, Vida has no balconies, planters.
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

If you would like to have more usable space , then Vida has a clear edge over Viva.
    does vida have a tennis court? maybe that matters to bro dreamer. oh, one more thing to add, viva clearly sits on a larger piece of land, is more family oriented (2 to 4 bedders and penthouses) vs vida which is more of 1 and 2 bedders. i think bro dreamer is looking for own stay so from that point of view, viva has a lot more value than vida to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    does vida have a tennis court? maybe that matters to bro dreamer. oh, one more thing to add, viva clearly sits on a larger piece of land, is more family oriented (2 to 4 bedders and penthouses) vs vida which is more of 1 and 2 bedders. i think bro dreamer is looking for own stay so from that point of view, viva has a lot more value than vida to him.
    Vida has no tennis courts.
    Not much facilities. Its more apartment status.
    Near some decent schools though.
    I look at it from a investment angle.
    I agree Viva more for own stay.
    Just that @2kpsf at the tail-end of Novena seems a bit too high.
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

Vida has no tennis courts.
    Not much facilities. Its more apartment status.
    Near some decent schools though.
    I look at it from a investment angle.
    I agree Viva more for own stay.
    Just that @2kpsf at the tail-end of Novena seems a bit too high.
    yup, that's the difference, investment vs own stay. also, viva is not exactly "tail-end". its quite strategically located beside the amenities ie malls.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    yup, that's the difference, investment vs own stay. also, viva is not exactly "tail-end". its quite strategically located beside the amenities ie malls.
    The amenities are a huge plus....i used to frequent United Sq a lot when i was staying in town.
    Cairnhill is more of a ATAS feel.
    Depends on what one is looking for.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But Vida is much more further from Newton MRT station and much more difficult to walk (with slopes) compared to Viva to Novena MRT station.

Also, Viva is much closer to shopping and eateries than Vida.

It is also easier to drive to anywhere from Viva than Vida (roads connectivity better).

But Viva is very space inefficient (lots of UN-usable space)!
    The 2 Bedders and 3 bedders appear very cramped!

So both have pros and cons............

Vida is not much more further.
    As mentioned previously, the difference between Vida to Newton MRT and Viva to Novena MRT is around 50m according to google maps.
    There are 2 exits at Vida, one is cairnhill rise and the other Peck Hay Road.
    The Peck Hay Road exit will be nearer to the MRT.
    The cairnhill rise area is very quiet but the roads are very narrow.
    I would say the main advantages of Vida over Viva would be its address and layout.
    Main advantages of Viva over Vida would be facilities and amenities.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks to all forum bros for your views! Greatly appreciated. I think all of you sum it up quite well in the sense that Viva more for own stay (that's my intention with a view of capital appreciation as well) whereas Vida is more for investment. I have been to Viva showflat before so it's not exactly very space constrained. Would love to check out Vida one of these days to make a clear comparison.

And bargain hunter bro - the tennis court doesn't matter to me but good to have

The walk to Vida is quite OK actually. I have actually walked from Newton to Cairnhill Residences and I just realised Vida is like the mid point. I would say its location is quite exclusive given that Peck Hay road is turning in from the main road and traffic. But I am unsure how convenient it is to amenities like supermarkets and eateries (less Newton Circus hawker centre).

What is the fair value in your opinion for Viva's 2brs?

Thanks to all forum bros for your views! Greatly appreciated. I think all of you sum it up quite well in the sense that Viva more for own stay (that's my intention with a view of capital appreciation as well) whereas Vida is more for investment. I have been to Viva showflat before so it's not exactly very space constrained. Would love to check out Vida one of these days to make a clear comparison.

And bargain hunter bro - the tennis court doesn't matter to me but good to have

The walk to Vida is quite OK actually. I have actually walked from Newton to Cairnhill Residences and I just realised Vida is like the mid point. I would say its location is quite exclusive given that Peck Hay road is turning in from the main road and traffic. But I am unsure how convenient it is to amenities like supermarkets and eateries (less Newton Circus hawker centre).

What is the fair value in your opinion for Viva's 2brs?
    You can use Edge fair Value ($1.97M) and the SRX Market Value ($2.07M) as rough indications.
    The above prices are for #15-05 Viva

Hi wannabe bro,

I have used those tools already. But just wanted to hear from you guys how much you think you will pay for one if you were to buy there (a reasonable price though).

You can use Edge fair Value ($1.97M) and the SRX Market Value ($2.07M) as rough indications.
    The above prices are for #15-05 Viva

aiyo Viva and Vida are completely not comparable.

One is just next to all the amenities (just outside united sq), sitting on a much larger piece of land, with decent facilities (large pool, tennis court), and with reasonable family sized units.

The other one is positioning itself as exclusive Cairnhill, with mostly small units, no facilities, and no amenities nearby. The whole idea is exclusive atas. FEO tried to sell as such, for a long time.

See which type you prefer. What I know is Viva renting is quite easy cause it is very convenient.

Hi amk bro,

Agreed with you on your comments. Both developments are each of its own - basically targetting different groups of people. Viva more for families and Vida more for singles/couples.

I have a toddler so am looking for a family-oriented development. But would you pay $2mm for Viva?

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post

One is just next to all the amenities (just outside united sq), sitting on a much larger piece of land, with decent facilities (large pool, tennis court), and with reasonable family sized units.

The other one is positioning itself as exclusive Cairnhill, with mostly small units, no facilities, and no amenities nearby. The whole idea is exclusive atas. FEO tried to sell as such, for a long time.

See which type you prefer. What I know is Viva renting is quite easy cause it is very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post

The 2 bedders in Vida are quite sizeable.
    I saw did see families with kids there when i was viewing few months back.
    But of cos Viva more suitable for large families with the amenities and facilities.

>2000pfs for 2 roomer Novena condo is at the tip of the cycle. 2000pfs for studio still OK
    current market around 1800plus pfs is more reasonable
    Viva has seen its best days when people chased it till 2500pfs
    Just compare with condos in the area

Hi Forum Bros,

Any thoughts on this? What do you reckon as its fair value?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...for-sale-viva/

VIVA 6 Suffolk Walk #15-05 89 1800000 1879 13-DEC-2011

VIVA 6 Suffolk Walk #15-05 89 1482300 1547 02-SEP-2009

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

$2000 psf for Freehold 2-room Viva in Novena is still a much much better deal than paying >$1200 psf for 99-years Leasehold in OCR like Hougang or Sengkang etc for that matter...........

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    >2000pfs for 2 roomer Novena condo is at the tip of the cycle. 2000pfs for studio still OK

Agreed with Singleton bro. I told the agent that the fair value imo should be $1850-$2000 psf in this market. No response since :P He just replied the owner is unlikely to lower his asking price.

But I feel that since the owner is willing to sell at $2mm after holding it for 5 years (bought at $1.8mm) and with the ppty still tenanted till Dec 16, just gives me the feeling that he wants to cash it out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post

Hi Teddybear bro, that's what we CCR diehards feel. To most of the people around me, they see no sense in pumping in so much money to buy a CCR ppty. I guess most people just wanna sell hdb flat and upgrade to a OCR condo.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    $2000 psf for Freehold 2-room Viva in Novena is still a much much better deal than paying >$1200 psf for 99-years Leasehold in OCR like Hougang or Sengkang etc for that matter...........

Agreed with Singleton bro. I told the agent that the fair value imo should be $1850-$2000 psf in this market. No response since :P He just replied the owner is unlikely to lower his asking price.

But I feel that since the owner is willing to sell at $2mm after holding it for 5 years (bought at $1.8mm) and with the ppty still tenanted till Dec 16, just gives me the feeling that he wants to cash it out quickly.
    Bro dreamer888, wait a little longer.
    Prices will adjust again once interest rates inches up a little more.

Advising people to wait is rather dangerous.

Brother Dreamer888 waited until cannot decouple HDB. People wait for COE to drop some more, what happened?

I say if the price feels reasonable and the need is apparent, go for it!

Bro dreamer888, wait a little longer.
    Prices will adjust again once interest rates inches up a little more.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Advising people to wait is rather dangerous.

Brother Dreamer888 waited until cannot decouple HDB. People wait for COE to drop some more, what happened?

I say if the price feels reasonable and the need is apparent, go for it!
    Oh i think COE wouldnt drop much in 2014, so i bought my car back then.
    What happened?

Oh i think COE wouldnt drop much in 2014, so i bought my car back then.
    What happened?
    The key is patience but not asking for the moon. When is striking hot, hold your fire. When it's cooled, enter. (But do have a sensing around for the people who are buying the same things you want).

2014 is not too bad. 2013 was worse.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The key is patience but not asking for the moon. When is striking hot, hold your fire. When it's cooled, enter. (But do have a sensing around for the people who are buying the same things you want).

2014 is not too bad. 2013 was worse.
    On hindsight its always 20/20

Based on current market conditions, there is more risk to plunge right in than to wait.

Might be an interest rate rise within 6mths, dont think prices will shoot thru the sky from now till year end.

Prices have barely moved since 2015. Better to secure low interest early and start paying down.

For loans, first few years' interest quantum is always the highest.

On hindsight its always 20/20

Based on current market conditions, there is more risk to plunge right in than to wait.

Might be an interest rate rise within 6mths, dont think prices will shoot thru the sky from now till year end.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Prices have barely moved since 2015. Better to secure low interest early and start paying down.

For loans, first few years' interest quantum is always the highest.
    Anyway how about Newton Suites? Suitable for families? Might be noisy though.

Anyway how about Newton Suites? Suitable for families? Might be noisy though.
    Small families 2BR still can. Seems quite standard sized.

If you can get one priced at 17XXpsf, I don't think it can get any lower.

Larger units have to do more deco to enhance the light and space feel because of the design of the condo (that prevents optimal lighting to its core) and the height of the ceiling.

Location wise - excellent for SJI.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Better to wait till either:

ABSD increased to 10%

Interests increased to 5% after growth worldwide and US goes to 6%

SGD depreciates much further

Much more SGD printed and income increases another 20%

Population increases by another million

Then think about buying.

Buy only when the bull can be seen.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Better to wait till either:

ABSD increased to 10%

Interests increased to 5% after growth worldwide and US goes to 6%

SGD depreciates much further

Much more SGD printed and income increases another 20%

Population increases by another million

Then think about buying.

Buy only when the bull can be seen.
    Think interest rate going to 5% will be a long long time.
    Nowadays Negative interest rates more in vogue.
    There are even talks about aussie interest rates going negative.
    I think US interest rate go up by another 1% will be enough to see a lot more mortgage sales.