Thread: Cherryhill

Default Cherryhill

Hi need some advise on Cherryhill as not entirely familiar with the area. It's a old development with full condo facilities although nothing to shout about compared to the new ones. Any comments and advise much appreciated.

What info do you need? I can only say what I know and based on the few times I entered the place. This is a relatively old condominum (there are older condos in the area though) with nearly full condo facilities, minus a basketball court as with some other condominum. There are 5 different blocks and their units are huge. Rarely are there so many huge units (1400 sq feet and above) in a single development and these are not penthouses. There are also smaller units of about 900 sq feet. The carpark is in the basement and it is huge. The main entrance is away from the main road so there is relative privacy. However, there are two blocks beside Upper Paya Lebar Road which might be noisy at times due to traffic. I am unsure but there are probably only two freehold developments in the vicinity which has full condo facilites, i.e. Cherryhill and Amaranda Gardens, and Cherryhill is cheaper in terms of psf cos it is about 10 years older. One of the thing I don't really fancy about this development is its pink color buildings which haven't changed over the last many years. I drive pass often.

I've viewed 2 units at Cherryhill, one on the ground floor, and one mid floor. The mid floor one has so little windows that makes the whole house look quite gloomy. Ground floor one has a huge patio but also quite dark somehow. And heard from tenant the toilet sewage is leaking (but agent didnt mention this!) Both interior condition are not good due to the age of the project ...I think need to cater quite a sum to fund renovation.

Other than this, I really like it's close proximity to serangoon MRT and neighbourhood amenities.

Why not consider Clover by the park?

Pros:
    1) Great park view
    2) Great future river view
    3) Serene & quiet environment
    4) Although 12 mins walk to mrt but got shuttle bus & 4 SBS buses to mrt. Stop directly in front of the station. Very convenient for taking buses (2 mins ride)
    5) Nice & open twin tower design.
    6) About 70% of the area used for landscaping & facilities
    7) Central Singapore (Bishan!). A well sought after district outside the prime 9, 10 & 11.
    8) Near to city & orchard
    9) Very very high ceiling at 3.15 m (normal condo only about 2.8 m)
    10) Within 1 km from Catholic High. Ranked top 5 primary school in Singapore based on academic.
    11) Bishan mrt is a interchange station. Potential for future develpment (malls, offices, business hubs & etc) on the many empty land around. Condo near or around will have more potential as compared to a mrt who is not interchange.
    12) Reliable developer who also do their own construction
    13) Upcoming future development in the park (e.g Alfresco dining, recretional activities & etc) as per Npark & PUB masterplan
    14) All units are N & S facing (No west sun)
    15) Very near amenities
    16) With the coming Thomson Line. High chance of a mrt station near Clover
    17) Cheaper at ave $650 - $750 psf. A lot of upside potential given the high asking price of new condo nearby.

Cons:
    1) Not near mrt
    2) 4 bedroom layout not ideal. A lot of space wastage (3 bedroom ok)
    3) Balcony & Bay Window (almost all new condo have this also)
    4) Traffic to Bishan can be quite bad with ERP
    5) Near HDB
    Attached Images Attached Images