Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: need advise - upgrade to condo 101

  1. #1
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default need advise - upgrade to condo 101

    i am looking at upgrading to a private condo (looking at those TOP soon) from my hdb...will leverage on the cash proceed from my hdb sale to pay the cash portion of the condo...how to time the sale & purchase? What are the good & bad experiences on this...

  2. #2
    ex-Mcfarlene fan

    User Info Menu

    Default

    i guess a few questions you have to ask yourself is:

    How long can i wait to get the right price?
    What matters to me most? price , location or amenities?
    Which area am I looking at?
    How much loan can I afford to take?


    Those recently TOP projects has seen an increased in the prices due to the strong sales going on last mth. We have to wait for another market downturn or financial crisis for prices to soften abit again. So far, the mass market condos prices are holding pretty well even in bad times. I guess it just boils down to patience and comfortable level of paying.

  3. #3
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coral
    i am looking at upgrading to a private condo (looking at those TOP soon) from my hdb...will leverage on the cash proceed from my hdb sale to pay the cash portion of the condo...how to time the sale & purchase? What are the good & bad experiences on this...
    If that's the case, then you need to sell your place first before committing to buy. Selling HDB (after buyer exercise option) will take 6-10 weeks minimally. The cash portion for the sale proceed will be given to you at the 2nd appointment, which is at the end of the transaction.

    For buying, here's the outlay.
    1% Cash booking fee - when u agree to buy and set the buying price
    4% Cash - When buyer exercise option
    Stamp fee (cash) - within 1 month of buyer exercise option.
    15% Cash or CPF / remaining with bank loan - When completing transaction

    You may want to consider bridging loan. Again to apply, you need to show the bank that you already sold your HDB flat (by producing the sales agreement).

  4. #4
    ex-Mcfarlene fan

    User Info Menu

    Default

    oops, sorry didn't read your question well enough. thought you were asking about the factors buying a property.

  5. #5
    OCR properties going to crash!

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You need to sell your HDB first. Then, use the buyer's exercised OTP (Option to Purchase) to get bridging loan as you will get the cash amount only when HDB sale transaction is completed and for HDB sale, timing is a bit uncertain as you need to fix appointment for 1st appt and 2nd appt etc and can take 3 months or more whereas for private property the latest completion date is always as stated on the OTP unfront (usually 8 or 10 weeks from OTP issue date).

    Quote Originally Posted by coral
    i am looking at upgrading to a private condo (looking at those TOP soon) from my hdb...will leverage on the cash proceed from my hdb sale to pay the cash portion of the condo...how to time the sale & purchase? What are the good & bad experiences on this...

  6. #6
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    If that's the case, then you need to sell your place first before committing to buy. Selling HDB (after buyer exercise option) will take 6-10 weeks minimally. The cash portion for the sale proceed will be given to you at the 2nd appointment, which is at the end of the transaction.

    For buying, here's the outlay.
    1% Cash booking fee - when u agree to buy and set the buying price
    4% Cash - When buyer exercise option
    Stamp fee (cash) - within 1 month of buyer exercise option.
    15% Cash or CPF / remaining with bank loan - When completing transaction

    You may want to consider bridging loan. Again to apply, you need to show the bank that you already sold your HDB flat (by producing the sales agreement).
    stamp fee can be CPF, correct?

  7. #7
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Heard bridging loan has higher interest rate? Is it really necessary? Why can't he just take a normal bank loan and do partial pre-payment (normally free) once he receives the HDB proceed. What is the advantage of bridging loan?

  8. #8
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    stamp fee can be CPF, correct?
    Stamp fee can be CPF but u have to pay cash first then get reimbursed from your CPF

  9. #9
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    So if I am not able to sell my HDB earlier, I should have about 8% (1%+4%+3% stamp fee) cash readily? Can someone tell me how to calculate the "cash" I may take back from selling my HDB? or a spreadsheet?

    Is it, HDB Sold Transaction Price - CPF Used & Interest - Outstanding Loan = Take Back Cash?

    Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    If that's the case, then you need to sell your place first before committing to buy. Selling HDB (after buyer exercise option) will take 6-10 weeks minimally. The cash portion for the sale proceed will be given to you at the 2nd appointment, which is at the end of the transaction.

    For buying, here's the outlay.
    1% Cash booking fee - when u agree to buy and set the buying price
    4% Cash - When buyer exercise option
    Stamp fee (cash) - within 1 month of buyer exercise option.
    15% Cash or CPF / remaining with bank loan - When completing transaction

    You may want to consider bridging loan. Again to apply, you need to show the bank that you already sold your HDB flat (by producing the sales agreement).

  10. #10
    OCR properties going to crash!

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Go to www.cpf.gov.sg website, login using your Singpass, and inside there you can find the amount you need to return to CPF under "CPF used for property". Be careful and don't assume this amount hor.
    Yap, Take Back Cash = HDB Sold Transaction Price - CPF Used & Interest - Outstanding Loan - legal fees

    Quote Originally Posted by coral
    So if I am not able to sell my HDB earlier, I should have about 8% (1%+4%+3% stamp fee) cash readily? Can someone tell me how to calculate the "cash" I may take back from selling my HDB? or a spreadsheet?

    Is it, HDB Sold Transaction Price - CPF Used & Interest - Outstanding Loan = Take Back Cash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •