Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Northwood

User Info Menu

Bought in May 07 @ $595 psf, $781k. Sold in Aug 09 @ $625 psf, $820k.

A break even to me... if can it cover stamp $18k and agents commission lawyer fee and interest (y amount).

Looks like the investors are giving up on this project. I would stay clear from this project also... the downside risk is simply too much to stomach... Can learn and predict by looking at the values of surrounding properties... which were once high (new) and then take a deep dive when the initial euphoria is gone (old).

User Info Menu

6th and 7th transactions at a gain
    6. 1313 sqf Aug 09 $844,000 643 psf.
    7. 1313 sqf Aug 09 $860,888 656 psf.

Should be reaching $888,888 at 679psf in lunar 8th month.
    Patience is gold. Kurby, you bought one of the above unit?

User Info Menu

No din buy yet...sms a few agents but all doesn't look too eager to let go...

anyway mr mah has spoken whcih i thot he would....so let's wait for 1Q to see how things turn out....

If prices really do soften, I may go for Calrose instead...

User Info Menu

Yes, that is much better in terms of location and potential.

User Info Menu

8th transaction lower
    8. 1313 sqf Sep 09 $830,000 632 psf.

User Info Menu

Anyone wanna guess how low this will go??

User Info Menu

Wild Guess

550 to 600 (1 year)

User Info Menu

Haha aginst all odds the price of this development actually is increasing hahah

Just went to view a unit today and the latest offer was 693psf...

The thing i like about this unit:

1. Good layout, mostly squarish
    2. Large windows = good amount of lights

What I dun like:

1. Small yard for laundry
    2. The helicopter noise, though it was very quiet during the weekends...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Haha aginst all odds the price of this development actually is increasing hahah

Just went to view a unit today and the latest offer was 693psf...

The thing i like about this unit:

1. Good layout, mostly squarish
    2. Large windows = good amount of lights

What I dun like:

1. Small yard for laundry
    2. The helicopter noise, though it was very quiet during the weekends...
    Went to Northwood twice to see the 3BR 1335sqft at Blk 60, another 3BR 1313 sqft with the other layout, and a 4BR ~1800sqft at Blk 62.

For 1335 sqft, I dun like:
    1) West facing for two of the bedroom
    2) Large Balcony with no drainage, in fact it rain heavy when I visited the unit and water will accumulate there
    3) Master bedroom wardrobe can only be accessed after door close.

For 1313 sqft, I dun like:
    1) No privacy in toilet (Full height window) which can be viewed in close proximity from neighbours (less than 10m away).
    2) U can see your neighbour clearly in all bedroom.

For all, I dun like:
    1) Large balcony and planter
    2) Price

I am giving up on Northwood.

User Info Menu

In case you need the latest transaction.

1. 1604 sqf Oct 09 $965,000 602 psf.
    1. 1313 sqf Oct 09 $810,810 618 psf.

But most selling near $700psf.

User Info Menu

wow ur transaction is really up to date...not even on URA site yet

i actually quite like the big balcony...can put a table and chairs for some outdoor activities...another thing that I am really concern with is the use of large amount of white in the house and in the compound....if the paint used is substandard, we will see the molds and stains coming out very soon...

i dun mind getting a unit there but will only get the 1313 sqf units....

Now wait for price to soften....agent say sold one last week for 908k...wow

User Info Menu

willing buyer willing seller...

no need to give any impression. Only time will tell in years time when alternative developments are up. EC in Yishun and MCL Land's project Beside Yishun Stadium.

Kurby, I thought that you were looking for fire sales and now you are at the other side on the camp... being very happy when prices go up... vested interest or agent?

User Info Menu

Did i gave the impression that I am happy with the high price? No I am not happy but I just find it amusing that there are people paying 908K for an apartment here...hahaha

I am still lookin for fire sales but I guess it is too late now since already TOP and no one seems urgent to sell. Agents are not interested to even talk to us if we offer anything less than 900K???

Yesterday went open house and agent has an offer of 910K and already with that they dun even bother to ask what can we offer...seems like they are already satisfied with that price...

got a scolding from wife...the more we wait the more expensive it is!!

User Info Menu

ok.. best of luck in your house hunting, look at seletaris and learn from it.

68 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-18
    Freehold
    $602
    $965k
    26 Oct 09
    60 Jalan Mata Ayer #05-06
    Freehold
    $517
    $1140k
    28 Sep 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-25
    Freehold
    $632
    $830k
    07 Sep 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-22
    Freehold
    $659
    $865k
    04 Sep 09
    68 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-21
    Freehold
    $656
    $860k
    18 Aug 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-22
    Freehold
    $643
    $844k
    15 Aug 09
    70 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-25
    Freehold
    $624
    $820k
    14 Aug 09
    72 Jalan Mata Ayer #02-26
    Freehold
    $617
    $810k
    17 Jul 09
    68 Jalan Mata Ayer #04-20
    Freehold
    $609
    $800k
    13 Jul 09
    72 Jalan Mata Ayer #01-28
    Freehold
    $572
    $770k
    22 Jun 09

User Info Menu

i have now given myself another year to get an apartment...wanna wait for the government measures to take effect and at the same time if there are any dip in the price, I will take the chance to buy.

I guess prices will not go back to pre 2007 level, but will stabilise at maybe 10% above that, taking into account inflation and the higher cost of constructions of the past few years.

Went to Meadows at Pierce today. Prices are holding, but can negotiate for some discount since these are the remainder units. Any idea how much discount we can ask for? Agent mentioned 0.5-1%....

Also called an agent on Northwood today, she at first quoted 930K, i told her too ex and then she asked me to consider 900K. I counter offered 820K and we never heard from her again hahaha....feel like slapping myself now, shd have taken the 820k few weeks back!

User Info Menu

i have now given myself another year to get an apartment...wanna wait for the government measures to take effect and at the same time if there are any dip in the price, I will take the chance to buy.

I guess prices will not go back to pre 2007 level, but will stabilise at maybe 10% above that, taking into account inflation and the higher cost of constructions of the past few years.

Went to Meadows at Pierce today. Prices are holding, but can negotiate for some discount since these are the remainder units. Any idea how much discount we can ask for? Agent mentioned 0.5-1%....

Also called an agent on Northwood today, she at first quoted 930K, i told her too ex and then she asked me to consider 900K. I counter offered 820K and we never heard from her again hahaha....feel like slapping myself now, shd have taken the 820k few weeks back!

Don't slap yourself. Sometimes agent are the one who are playing the games. In fact owner is asking $xx but agent said $xxx. Agents are trying their luck to close a record detail for what he or she is selling now. Beside hitting the target, they are aiming for their 2% commission instead of 1%.

My own version of story. Been trying to Buy a Unit At Rio Vista since June this year.For example a 3 bedroom unit was asking at $730k, offer them $700k as last transaction price was the similar unit was at $660k. Sincerly give them 1% cheque but they die die reject said owner was asking at $700k ... at the end of the day, when i saw the cavart it was sold at $685k. Went back to the agent, gave so many excuse....

2 weeks ago when back to view another project their, apparently same agent, told me now market uptrend, unit recently sold in October hit $780K, this unit is ono at $800 (same 3 bedroom) Now Nov 16, for Rio Vista only 1 transaction was done so far......

Guess some agent (RXXX) was talking bullshit. Government should look and alight these "black" property agents

User Info Menu

[quote=kurby]

quote]

UOL usually quite sticky (read: kiam kana) with discounts. I have previously also asked an agent on the discount & he also quoted 0.5 to 1%.

东方

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=KarenK]

quote]

UOL usually quite sticky (read: kiam kana) with discounts. I have previously also asked an agent on the discount & he also quoted 0.5 to 1%.
    What's the point of 10% discount when developer already priced up 10% in the first place right? Haha. We have to look at the fair value.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDuck
    Don't slap yourself. Sometimes agent are the one who are playing the games. In fact owner is asking $xx but agent said $xxx. Agents are trying their luck to close a record detail for what he or she is selling now. Beside hitting the target, they are aiming for their 2% commission instead of 1%.

My own version of story. Been trying to Buy a Unit At Rio Vista since June this year.For example a 3 bedroom unit was asking at $730k, offer them $700k as last transaction price was the similar unit was at $660k. Sincerly give them 1% cheque but they die die reject said owner was asking at $700k ... at the end of the day, when i saw the cavart it was sold at $685k. Went back to the agent, gave so many excuse....

2 weeks ago when back to view another project their, apparently same agent, told me now market uptrend, unit recently sold in October hit $780K, this unit is ono at $800 (same 3 bedroom) Now Nov 16, for Rio Vista only 1 transaction was done so far......

Guess some agent (RXXX) was talking bullshit. Government should look and alight these "black" property agents
    Agreed with your point. In Jul 09, an agent told me that an unit in Northwood was sold at >S$880k and yet I never saw any transaction at the price yet. In Oct 09, 2 agents told me that 2 units transacted at price of S$930k. I am keeping my finger crossed for these caveats to be lodged.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    Agreed with your point. In Jul 09, an agent told me that an unit in Northwood was sold at >S$880k and yet I never saw any transaction at the price yet. In Oct 09, 2 agents told me that 2 units transacted at price of S$930k. I am keeping my finger crossed for these caveats to be lodged.

Beside both of us encounter the same problems....many others too ... and WE, buyer are being treated as an IDIOT ..... I wish there is a thread about this matter and our expert here will comment more about this matter so that the industry can be more transparent

Reply to Thread