Thread: Selling a condo

Default Selling a condo

Need some advise on the above.
    Is it necessary to appoint an agent to sell my condo? Actually i'm thinking of selling it on my own. My condo has not TOP yet.

Quote Originally Posted by terence
    Is it necessary to appoint an agent to sell my condo? Actually i'm thinking of selling it on my own. My condo has not TOP yet.
    Not necessary if only you know how to do it.

Like what AAA said unless you know how to do it. If an agent brings a buyer, you still need to pay the agent.

the process to sell a condo is straightforward, everything is through lawyer, so agent is not necessary. you need a blank letter of option (2 copies) on hand to start selling the house. get it sign (for joint purchase, both names and signatures need to be on the LO, same for owner side)

The problem is, buyer may not be comfortable searching for banker and lawyer, etc. but you can get a agent friend to help on this.. they get a small fee for from the bank they recommended.

Default others?

What other fees will selling a condo attract?

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    the process to sell a condo is straightforward, everything is through lawyer, so agent is not necessary. you need a blank letter of option (2 copies) on hand to start selling the house. get it sign (for joint purchase, both names and signatures need to be on the LO, same for owner side)

The problem is, buyer may not be comfortable searching for banker and lawyer, etc. but you can get a agent friend to help on this.. they get a small fee for from the bank they recommended.
    Ya.. it's as easy as ABC..

I do mine thru my lawyer..and the buyer thru his lawyer..
    and basically.. the communication was done between the lawyers. The only time I need to do anything was to sign the documents and bank in cheque.

Lawyer's fee for me was around $3k.. but dunno expensive or not. dont matter to me much coz I've been using her for the past 10yrs.

This is a subsale case, have not TOP. Is it the same process as the resale case?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Ya.. it's as easy as ABC..

I do mine thru my lawyer..and the buyer thru his lawyer..
    and basically.. the communication was done between the lawyers. The only time I need to do anything was to sign the documents and bank in cheque.

Lawyer's fee for me was around $3k.. but dunno expensive or not. dont matter to me much coz I've been using her for the past 10yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk

You talk like drinking water. Process of course easy lah. Paperwork only mah.

Main issue is how fast you want to sell your unit and wat price! If I ever own a RG and try selling it myself and faces those few poor and famous dudes from here, I will sure report in early.

Yah, Agent fee is so negligible.... is this the right way to brag?

I am just telling him the process. of course he has to take into other considerations. and agent does not necessary get you a good price. of course you can brag about your team of agents. i have no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    You talk like drinking water. Process of course easy lah. Paperwork only mah.

Main issue is how fast you want to sell your unit and wat price! If I ever own a RG and try selling it myself and faces those few poor and famous dudes from here, I will sure report in early.