Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Southbank (D7, Leasehold, UOL Group)

Default 38TH FLOOR! 2 MORE FLOORS TO REACH THE TOP!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcl
    Yes I am, r u also an owner of SB?
    Yes, I am. Did u buy for rental or own stay? I bought for my own stay.

Dunno whether it will be noisy at night since it is by the main road..

I bought for rental..hope to rent out after TOP..as long as you close the window,you can hear min noise from the main road..

I bought for rental..hope to rent out after TOP..as long as you close the window,you can hear min noise from the main road..
    Wonder how many people bought with intention of renting out. Hope it is not too many as I think owners usually take better care of the property compared to people renting apts.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Dunno whether it will be noisy at night since it is by the main road..
    Sound will propagate radially in all direction. However, the intensity of the sound will decrease with distance as air will dampen the noise. So! It depends on the height of the unit wrt to the source (traffic on the road).

For those who are bought SB units from developers, could i know the indicative price range that you guys got it for? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neolife
    For those who are bought SB units from developers, could i know the indicative price range that you guys got it for? thanks
    think its around 600+ to 700

Default Initial Launch Price for Southbank

Quote Originally Posted by cartman
    think its around 600+ to 700
    Initial launch price was $622psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Initial launch price was $622psf.
    If I can afford,I will get another unit at Southbank. Quite like this project in view of its location which is very near to town and MRT.

Hope there will be a fire sale soon, interested in getting one 2 bedroom unit too but the current pricing is still kinda high to me. I'll jump in if it drops below to 700psf.

Btw, any idea is RC inclusive in the floor space? This topic had been brought up in skyscrapercity but so far no concrete answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jesuit
    Hope there will be a fire sale soon, interested in getting one 2 bedroom unit too but the current pricing is still kinda high to me. I'll jump in if it drops below to 700psf.

Btw, any idea is RC inclusive in the floor space? This topic had been brought up in skyscrapercity but so far no concrete answer.
    The floor area includes a/c ledge and planter. The price will varies from stack to stack and floor to floor. If you look closely at some of the photos in skyscrapercity.com, you notice that the sunshade fins varies from floor to floor even within the same stack. You should also study the internal layout like kitchen windows, bedrooms, etc. The units in some stacks can have more useable area compare to other stack of the same size.

The last transaction was at 1022 psf. It should be above 30 floors.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    The floor area includes a/c ledge and planter. The price will varies from stack to stack and floor to floor. If you look closely at some of the photos in skyscrapercity.com, you notice that the sunshade fins varies from floor to floor even within the same stack. You should also study the internal layout like kitchen windows, bedrooms, etc. The units in some stacks can have more useable area compare to other stack of the same size.

The last transaction was at 1022 psf. It should be above 30 floors.
    Hi DC33
    That is to say the RC ledge is NOT inclusive in the floor area (more prominent for stack 12)? Where is the sunshade fins that you have mentioned, can't really find it in skyscrapercity. And which stack are you referring to that will have more usable area? Thanks.

I wonder who paid $1022psf? IMHO i wouldn't even consider anything above $800psf. LH99 project n being in very close proximity to rental flats. It brings back memories where someone i know used to stay in such flats. Long dark alley 2 rows of units wif no windows facing corridor. I have nothing against them . But to pay a premium just to be a stone throw away?

Quote Originally Posted by jesuit
    Hi DC33
    That is to say the RC ledge is NOT inclusive in the floor area (more prominent for stack 12)? Where is the sunshade fins that you have mentioned, can't really find it in skyscrapercity. And which stack are you referring to that will have more usable area? Thanks.
    You can see the vertical sunshade fins varies from units to units in this photo. I suppose the Architect is to trying to break the monotonous outlook of the building facade.

You can see the vertical sunshade fins varies from units to units in this photo. I suppose the Architect is to trying to break the monotonous outlook of the building facade.

i think RC ledge IS included ... this is singapore .. charge you for every space ..

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    I wonder who paid $1022psf? IMHO i wouldn't even consider anything above $800psf. LH99 project n being in very close proximity to rental flats. It brings back memories where someone i know used to stay in such flats. Long dark alley 2 rows of units wif no windows facing corridor. I have nothing against them . But to pay a premium just to be a stone throw away?
    Are you referring to the rear side of the block towards the city. It is going to be transformed if you look at the URA Masterplan for the rochor-bugis area. This is a prime land which the authority will want to maximise its value. If you look at the front of the block, many exciting things will be happening in that area. The rental flat that you refers to were the old days (>20 years...). The rental flats of today is very different at least for those opposite golden mile. They are upgraded and lots really neat and tidy. Anyway, learnt that golden mile is going to be enbloc and make way for new development. This area will be transformed. Wait for the southbeach development by CDL. I believe people willing to pay this price for the close proximity to CBD, near lavender MRT stn, good view to the bay area and sea, future sports hub and kallang riverside activities. Singapore is going to plan for 7 million by 2020. One of the ways is to replace old blocks by taller buildings!

Are you referring to the rear side of the block towards the city. It is going to be transformed if you look at the URA Masterplan for the rochor-bugis area. This is a prime land which the authority will want to maximise its value. If you look at the front of the block, many exciting things will be happening in that area. The rental flat that you refers to were the old days (>20 years...). The rental flats of today is very different at least for those opposite golden mile. They are upgraded and lots really neat and tidy. Anyway, learnt that golden mile is going to be enbloc and make way for new development. This area will be transformed. Wait for the southbeach development by CDL. I believe people willing to pay this price for the close proximity to CBD, near lavender MRT stn, good view to the bay area and sea, future sports hub and kallang riverside activities. Singapore is going to plan for 7 million by 2020. One of the ways is to replace old blocks by taller buildings!
    Tks for the plan u post. But these aren't even abt Southbank. These are the new Kallang Riverside nearer to Kallang MRT. Riverine by the Park might be more appropriate. Bro u just go up to the few blks nearest to North Bridge Rd FC w/o crossing the road towards Beach Rd. Then u'll understand what i meant.

En-bloc for Golden Mile has been on the table for some time. Just like Pac Mansion, Bayshore Park, Mandarin Gdn, etc.... That is a hope... which i don't want to use my $$ to bet on

With the full potential of the area to be realised in 5 or more yrs time, plenty of riverside waterfront LH99 development would have been released for sale then. By then, we have 10yrs less on the SB lease.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Tks for the plan u post. But these aren't even abt Southbank. These are the new Kallang Riverside nearer to Kallang MRT. Riverine by the Park might be more appropriate. Bro u just go up to the few blks nearest to North Bridge Rd FC w/o crossing the road towards Beach Rd. Then u'll understand what i meant.

En-bloc for Golden Mile has been on the table for some time. Just like Pac Mansion, Bayshore Park, Mandarin Gdn, etc.... That is a hope... which i don't want to use my $$ to bet on

With the full potential of the area to be realised in 5 or more yrs time, plenty of riverside waterfront LH99 development would have been released for sale then. By then, we have 10yrs less on the SB lease.
    Southbank is between Kallang Riverside and CBD. There is a link to these site which is not very far away. It could be like the ECP concept. You are right with the The $psf of such project will be much higher then!

Southbank is between Kallang Riverside and CBD. There is a link to these site which is not very far away. It could be like the ECP concept. You are right with the The $psf of such project will be much higher then!
    I didn't say or imply that. New LH99 land can n might be sold at lower px depending on mkt conditions. Yes, SB is good only if it is cheap at below $800psf, near CBD in a less than ideal environment (not sure if the Thai community overruns to this part). 10yrs later might worth even less, as it is a LH99 depreciating asset

I believe the $1000psf unit could be a studio. With this kind of pricing above $1000psf, I might as well go for a D11 address!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    I believe the $1000psf unit could be a studio. With this kind of pricing above $1000psf, I might as well go for a D11 address!!
    The caveat in June shows that the 2 and 3 bedrooms apartment at Southbank shows 1096 psf and 1055psf respectively. I suppose these are above 30 floors. It depends where in D11. Even the Vista Residence (D12) so called near Thomson area but in actual fact near Balestier is selling like hot cakes from $960psf for the lower floors. It all depends on the buyers' objectives.

What is the current pricing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    What is the current pricing now?
    The latest caveat from SISV is $1150 psf. I understand from the Southbank owner of a 1313 sqft unit at the skyscrapercity.com that he recently sold at $1142 psf. Sales is heating up at Southbank. My agent told me that another 2-bedroom unit was sold at $1200 psf. These are high floors unit.

Compared to other projects liked Citisq, Metro,The Peak,Silversea,Concourse Skyline, Citylights,etc,Southbank is still undervalued!

Compared to other projects liked Citisq, Metro,The Peak,Silversea,Concourse Skyline, Citylights,etc,Southbank is still undervalued!
    I guess so! The nearby projects like Concourse Skyline has 21 caveats in June between $1300 and $1900 psf. Southbeach prices will be definitely higher. This will raise the price at Southbank. This is what happened at Silversea. The prices of $1300psf w/o sea view and $1600 with sea view have jacked up the price at Amber from $800+ to $1000+ psf.

I guess so! The nearby projects like Concourse Skyline has 21 caveats in June between $1300 and $1900 psf. Southbeach prices will be definitely higher. This will raise the price at Southbank. This is what happened at Silversea. The prices of $1300psf w/o sea view and $1600 with sea view have jacked up the price at Amber from $800+ to $1000+ psf.
    Pal, it is worth to invest Southbank now? Or too late to enter? What is your view on Southbank capital upside and rental like? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Pal, it is worth to invest Southbank now? Or too late to enter? What is your view on Southbank capital upside and rental like? thanks

Quoted from Vinlow who posted this a moment ago in the Concourse Skyline site. So! What do you think of the potential of capital gain at Southbank as concourse skyline is just a few bus-stops away along beach road.
    Dropped by the show flat yesterday. Unit #07-xx $1200psf, #12-xx $1700. A big jump once you hit the 12 floor. Anything below all you see are the trees/leaves.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kengster
    Anybody knows the latest pricing psf of Concourse Skyline? Care to share?

Went to the showflat a couple of months back. Very nice panoramic view of the Kallang Sports Hub all the way to the Singapore Flyer and the Marina Sands IR. Somemore, with the Nicoll Highway MRT just in front, I thought it has great potential.

The sea-facing units on #07-#13 were priced at 11xx-13xx psf then. Anyone been there since?

But it is true Southbank flooring is not marble?

U r not comparing like with like. Less FH vs LH, CitySq vs Citylights, Metro vs Peak, Southbank vs Concourse Skyline, then Silversea. Southbank if 1st owner is value buy, Now, overpriced.

What's the rush for this project? There will be plenty of these kind of LH99 in future in the vicinity, in a better locality, further away from HDB rental flats.