Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Southbank (D7, Leasehold, UOL Group)

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I guess so! The nearby projects like Concourse Skyline has 21 caveats in June between $1300 and $1900 psf. Southbeach prices will be definitely higher. This will raise the price at Southbank. This is what happened at Silversea. The prices of $1300psf w/o sea view and $1600 with sea view have jacked up the price at Amber from $800+ to $1000+ psf.
    Pal pls don't put Southbeach together with Southbank, they are in different locality although both starts wif South, hence not comparing like with like. Just like we dont compare Martin Place Residence with One Jervois, different locality though both somewhat in River Valley area.

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Pal pls don't put Southbeach together with Southbank, they are in different locality although both starts wif South, hence not comparing like with like. Just like we dont compare Martin Place Residence with One Jervois, different locality though both somewhat in River Valley area.

Just highlighting the fact that Southbank June's caveat of beyond $1000psf could be due to the recent increase in $psf in Concourse. When Southbeach is developed, it will have implication on the surrounding development.

I wonder who paid $1022psf? IMHO i wouldn't even consider anything above $800psf. LH99 project n being in very close proximity to rental flats. It brings back memories where someone i know used to stay in such flats. Long dark alley 2 rows of units wif no windows facing corridor. I have nothing against them . But to pay a premium just to be a stone throw away?
    So! You have the wrong judgement two months ago.

Just highlighting the fact that Southbank June's caveat of beyond $1000psf could be due to the recent increase in $psf in Concourse. When Southbeach is developed, it will have implication on the surrounding development.
    The reason why I become interested in SB cause one of my kaki had been stocking up in SB, his latest is a studio and he bought it at 1140psf. I was wondering too since caveat lodged quite low recently, is this a good buy? Will prices keep going up for SB, that why here to find out whether still good to enter.

So! You have the wrong judgement two months ago.
    This isn't a wrong judgement. I still stick to my belief i am not paying much more than the 1st owner for a unit there, n wondering in future why i am doing this to be neighbours with rental flats residents.

For a property mkt upturn, nearly every pty that u hold appreciates, SB included, so does Casa Merah, City Square, OA, Ardmore, etc. The group that loses are those that takes no action at all up to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    The reason why I become interested in SB cause one of my kaki had been stocking up in SB, his latest is a studio and he bought it at 1140psf. I was wondering too since caveat lodged quite low recently, is this a good buy? Will prices keep going up for SB, that why here to find out whether still good to enter.
    Any idea what is the reason your kaki buy at this px? So what px does he hope to sell off in future?

Any idea what is the reason your kaki buy at this px? So what px does he hope to sell off in future?
    Mainly find a place to park his money. For long term investment.

This isn't a wrong judgement. I still stick to my belief i am not paying much more than the 1st owner for a unit there, n wondering in future why i am doing this to be neighbours with rental flats residents.

For a property mkt upturn, nearly every pty that u hold appreciates, SB included, so does Casa Merah, City Square, OA, Ardmore, etc. The group that loses are those that takes no action at all up to today.
    You are right! The prices of most developments will appreciate. However, the difference is that those with greater potential will appreciate more. That is why there are successful and unsuccessful investors.

Mainly find a place to park his money. For long term investment.
    Prices of properties in a land scare Singapore will increase. Can even think of leaving it to the next generation. My Dad bought a bought a piece of freehold land in the 60s. It is now more than 150 times in value. It may not appreciate for today's property but it may beyond the reach of the next generation if they want properties in good locations or they will be working even harder for the bank to repay the loan.

Prices of properties in a land scare Singapore will increase. Can even think of leaving it to the next generation. My Dad bought a bought a piece of freehold land in the 60s. It is now more than 150 times in value. It may not appreciate for today's property but it may beyond the reach of the next generation if they want properties in good locations or they will be working even harder for the bank to repay the loan.
    too bad your friend dun want to sell me his stack 11. Sigh

too bad your friend dun want to sell me his stack 11. Sigh
    If it is for investment, you can also consider the other stacks. Investors usually looks for one or two bedrooms. I was at Vista Residence yesterday, all the one and two bedrooms are sold out. Only left with the 3 bedrooms. It is easier to rent or sell later especially if the rental or price is going to go higher later. Your yield will be higher for rental and there will be more interest among the young people with limited budget.

If it is for investment, you can also consider the other stacks. Investors usually looks for one or two bedrooms. I was at Vista Residence yesterday, all the one and two bedrooms are sold out. Only left with the 3 bedrooms. It is easier to rent or sell later especially if the rental or price is going to go higher later. Your yield will be higher for rental and there will be more interest among the young people with limited budget.
    I know for investment always go for small units. Easy to sell and rent. But reason why I want to go for this stack cause after studying, yup, one and only 3 room stack in SB and best view. Btw I had gotten a pictures from a agent taken from SB stack 11 itself. You can have the whole bay view and even seaview. Imagine 5 years down when Sport Hub is up.

I know for investment always go for small units. Easy to sell and rent. But reason why I want to go for this stack cause after studying, yup, one and only 3 room stack in SB and best view. Btw I had gotten a pictures from a agent taken from SB stack 11 itself. You can have the whole bay view and even seaview. Imagine 5 years down when Sport Hub is up.
    You are right! The other stacks have not too worst off view towards the future sportshub, kallang basin and even the sea if you are on the high. If you study the layout properly, you have more useful area with fewer bay windows and smaller planters and balcony.Privacy is another issue as the main door of stack 11 is just adjacent to stack 12.

You are right! The prices of most developments will appreciate. However, the difference is that those with greater potential will appreciate more. That is why there are successful and unsuccessful investors.
    Agree, there's why i didn't put my $ on SB. Your father has foresight. He put his $ on a FH land. There are better LH99 around... Gd luck

Well! The investment at southbank has already achieved good returns. It is a matter of how much to make before releasing it. Good investment = High returns at shortest possible time.

Centro's price starts from $1,180psf to $1,250psf for 17th floor (Far East released up to 17th floor only)..same price at Southbank!

I understand from the agent before the launch that the base price is $1110 - 1150 and $5000 for every floor upwards. FEO is going to launch in phases over the next 2-3 years after sell off phase 1.

Default PROGRESS AS AT 29 AUG 2009

Anyone knows when is TOP expected?

is this sold out property?

Quote Originally Posted by kgchong
    is this sold out property?
    This property was sold out after it was launched very shortly. The recent caveat has reached $1250psf.

Owners are hoping that the TOP will be in the 1st quarter of 2010.

This property was sold out after it was launched very shortly. The recent caveat has reached $1250psf.

Owners are hoping that the TOP will be in the 1st quarter of 2010.
    Good location and stunning views... near to Lavender MRT and walk home from there.

Prices were lower in 4th Quater 08 and 1st Quarter 09. Great spectacular views, those facing bay ones... If you afford it... can consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Good location and stunning views... near to Lavender MRT and walk home from there.

Prices were lower in 4th Quater 08 and 1st Quarter 09. Great spectacular views, those facing bay ones... If you afford it... can consider.
    Quite surprise that SB transacted prices r 10%-15% lower than Citylights.

Multi-storey carpark totally cheapened the development.

Default SOUTHBANK HAS POTENTIAL

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...51248,00.html?

Published September 22, 2009

Whopping $5m subsale loss for St Regis unit

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

A UNIT at St Regis Residences chalked up the biggest subsale loss in the first eight months of this year: a massive $5 million.

But on the flip side, it was also a unit at the same 999-year leasehold development which raked in the biggest gain of $1.39 million. The fifth floor unit was transacted in July at $9.5 million - up from the $8.1 million original purchase price. The seller had bought the unit direct from the developer in June 2006.

The loss-incurring unit, on the sixth floor, was sold in May. The transacted price was $7.98 million, compared to the nearly $13 million at which the apartment previously changed hands in July 2007, during the peak of the luxury housing market.

Interestingly, the $7.98 million subsale price for the property in May is not far off the $8.16 million that the apartment had been originally sold by the project's developer in June 2006.

Another St Regis apartment, this time on the 11th floor, was transacted at $7.8 million in June - $2.7 million lower than the $10.5 million the developer had sold the unit for in April 2007.

All three transactions were picked up in Savills Singapore's analysis of URA Realis caveats as at Aug 28.

Overall, in percentage terms, the most profitable subsale transaction this year yielded a 103 per cent gain.

It involved the sale of a 34th level unit at Southbank, located at North Bridge Road, for $1.64 million ($1,250 per square foot). The transaction last month is nearly double the $807,600 or $615 psf that the developer sold the unit for in July 2006.

The largest percentage loss of 41 per cent accrued to the seller of a unit on the 55th level of The Sail @ Marina Bay. The unit sold for about $1.89 million or $1,600 psf in January - lower than the nearly $3.2 million or $2,700 psf it was previously transacted at in June 2007.

July 2006 - market low right?

If investor can patiently hold for 3 years, he or she deserves to be rewarded.

But Southbank was DPS?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

It involved the sale of a 34th level unit at Southbank, located at North Bridge Road, for $1.64 million ($1,250 per square foot). The transaction last month is nearly double the $807,600 or $615 psf that the developer sold the unit for in July 2006.

I sold my 31st level in 2007 at $1,200psf.
    He beats me by $50psf.
    Cool!

becos his unit higher flr than yrs mah

Southbank is the overall winner! All around gains... very minimal losses.

However still can't get over the multi-storey carpark...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Southbank is the overall winner! All around gains... very minimal losses.

However still can't get over the multi-storey carpark...

Uh ..what is wrong with the multi-storey carpark?
    One Raffles Quay also have multi-storey carpark.. even Sail@marina have multi-storey carpark.

It's one of the consideration that weighs heavily on owner-occupied property ..as I myself have 3 cars in the family and I can't get by with 1 car park lot or even having to ballot for it.