Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

Actually still got one lah. I agree with squall8888. The high will be higher each cycle but can those desperate for a house wait for the next cycle? This downturn, suburban only hit like 600++. The last downturn was 300-400+. Who knows, the next downturn will be 800++ at minimum? Not surprising since suburban are launching > 1000psf. DBR selling only 600-700psf now. Get a low floor facing MRT and you might be in for a surprise. So there are still houses around but what is your expectation at the end of the day? You want city, then pay > 1000psf. You want suburban, 700 psf got already. If you really want dirt cheap, then get those super cock location and super cock facing. Sure got the price you want. But don't forget, can you afford to miss this boat (i like this sentence actually)? What if the next downturn is 800+ psf for suburban? Buyers, weigh the risk yourself.

Anyway, heard rental for Sail went up 20-30%. Icon and Citylights studio rental are holding firm around 3k+ / 2.8k+. So are metropolitan 2 br @ 3k. Rental seems to have stop rotting or rather, the start of the U turn. Don't wait for this news to come out in newspaper then you all go fight. I believe in first mover advantage. But again, you buyers go weigh the risk. I bought in April so no risk now. IR will have an indirect effect on property one. Somemore, Marina Bay Financial Centre. I repeat my favourite sentence, can you afford to miss this downturn?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    you think these are still asking "reasonable" prices? Try calling up the adverts, all the asks shoot up already. Higher priced than Interlace i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    you think these are still asking "reasonable" prices? Try calling up the adverts, all the asks shoot up already. Higher priced than Interlace i'm afraid.
    Southbank has to be higher psf than Interlace given the proximity to MRT, Downtown, wet market, foodcourt and a great view to the bay and future sporthub. On the contrary,qQuite a lot of the units at Interlace has afternoon sun, noise from the AYE, no MRT, etc.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...51248,00.html?

Published September 22, 2009

Whopping $5m subsale loss for St Regis unit

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

A UNIT at St Regis Residences chalked up the biggest subsale loss in the first eight months of this year: a massive $5 million.

But on the flip side, it was also a unit at the same 999-year leasehold development which raked in the biggest gain of $1.39 million. The fifth floor unit was transacted in July at $9.5 million - up from the $8.1 million original purchase price. The seller had bought the unit direct from the developer in June 2006.

The loss-incurring unit, on the sixth floor, was sold in May. The transacted price was $7.98 million, compared to the nearly $13 million at which the apartment previously changed hands in July 2007, during the peak of the luxury housing market.

Interestingly, the $7.98 million subsale price for the property in May is not far off the $8.16 million that the apartment had been originally sold by the project's developer in June 2006.

Another St Regis apartment, this time on the 11th floor, was transacted at $7.8 million in June - $2.7 million lower than the $10.5 million the developer had sold the unit for in April 2007.

All three transactions were picked up in Savills Singapore's analysis of URA Realis caveats as at Aug 28.

Overall, in percentage terms, the most profitable subsale transaction this year yielded a 103 per cent gain.

It involved the sale of a 34th level unit at Southbank, located at North Bridge Road, for $1.64 million ($1,250 per square foot). The transaction last month is nearly double the $807,600 or $615 psf that the developer sold the unit for in July 2006.

The largest percentage loss of 41 per cent accrued to the seller of a unit on the 55th level of The Sail @ Marina Bay. The unit sold for about $1.89 million or $1,600 psf in January - lower than the nearly $3.2 million or $2,700 psf it was previously transacted at in June 2007.

u know u can even feel the market by seeing the tune of this forum
    just one month ago u saw post after post "wah bubble already, must crash"/ "yea I agree. how can ppl afford ?".
    now, where are those posts ?

there are a lot of new entrants of pty market here. personal opinion: if you are new to pty investment, make sure to buy it within your means. And you must have the stomach for risk taking. As squal88 said, it's useless to wait for bottom of bottom (as a way to be affordable. like, "oh if the price is 500psf like in AFC bottom then I can buy it"). Pty investment, you either have the means or you dun. Try not to "make it affordable". A lot of newspaper/forum complaints are in this group.

Now I'm "cautiously bullish" too. And I agree 1000% analysts are bs. My own view of the market is that: 1) high HDB resale supports mass market 2) pent-up demand causes current run 3) low interest rate will make it last for another 1y at least 4) foreign buying not yet started

As long as HDB continues with its BTO/DBSS and mark-to-market valuation, the worst period for mass market condos (below 600psf in 2003-2005) is over. But don't expect to flip for quick profit in this market segment as it depends on HDB resale prices. For example, most Casa Merah/Centris owners subsale profit below 20% after holding for 2 years.

But 2 years, 20% is already very very good returns. Minibonds buyers took a big big risk but only get about 5-6% returns. But in the end, they lose everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    As long as HDB continues with its BTO/DBSS and mark-to-market valuation, the worst period for mass market condos (below 600psf in 2003-2005) is over. But don't expect to flip for quick profit in this market segment as it depends on HDB resale prices. For example, most Casa Merah/Centris owners subsale profit below 20% after holding for 2 years.

Definitely go for a buy here if you can hold a few years. Like someone said, the high will be higher than the previous high, the low will be higher than the previous low.

Property is usually a lagging indicator of the economic recovery.

I think the current OCR boost is likely due to the upgraders who have missed the boat. The real recovery which is led by the CCRs is coming soon. Look for it.

If you have money now, between a OCR and CCR, go for the CCR projects, esp resale whre there will be loads of upsides.

My view. Caveat emptor.

These bunch of people never learn. When 2007 high, complain, complain and complain. Actually it's already starting now - people complaining about high COV for HDB. 6 months ago don't want to buy. Now prices go up then go buy. Dumb asses. If now complain and still don't take action, wait till IR comes and investors come back, then really cannot buy. Prices still cheap now when taking inflation and income ratio into consideration. But don't buy interlace. It's overpriced. Look for those subsales or resales. Cheaper and better location. Especially CCR.

6 months ago, people say 1200psf for Sail is expensive. Now, people say 2200psf for Sail still cheap. You all decide yourself. This year is nearing an end. IR will be completed soon. So is MBFC. Don't wait until that time then go

Quote Originally Posted by echotrain
    Definitely go for a buy here if you can hold a few years. Like someone said, the high will be higher than the previous high, the low will be higher than the previous low.

Property is usually a lagging indicator of the economic recovery.

I think the current OCR boost is likely due to the upgraders who have missed the boat. The real recovery which is led by the CCRs is coming soon. Look for it.

If you have money now, between a OCR and CCR, go for the CCR projects, esp resale whre there will be loads of upsides.

My view. Caveat emptor.

i dont thk the IR cmpletion is going to escalate pxs, it is the run up to cmpletn that brings pxs up. Now that cmpletn is almost in view, pxs hv already run up quite substantially 4 certain projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    These bunch of people never learn. When 2007 high, complain, complain and complain. Actually it's already starting now - people complaining about high COV for HDB. 6 months ago don't want to buy. Now prices go up then go buy. Dumb asses. If now complain and still don't take action, wait till IR comes and investors come back, then really cannot buy. Prices still cheap now when taking inflation and income ratio into consideration. But don't buy interlace. It's overpriced. Look for those subsales or resales. Cheaper and better location. Especially CCR.

6 months ago, people say 1200psf for Sail is expensive. Now, people say 2200psf for Sail still cheap. You all decide yourself. This year is nearing an end. IR will be completed soon. So is MBFC. Don't wait until that time then go

I guess it really depends. No one knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i dont thk the IR cmpletion is going to escalate pxs, it is the run up to cmpletn that brings pxs up. Now that cmpletn is almost in view, pxs hv already run up quite substantially 4 certain projects.

I guess it really depends. No one knows..
    Only time will tell who has made the correct call. That's the market. You need to take a view!

The current surge in Mass market home price leads to
    a few contributing factors :

1. The completion of the IRs
    2. The rising stock market
    3. The scarcity of land here
    4. Government not releasing land fast enough
    esp. leasehold sites
    5. Low interest rate environment
    6. Lack of confidence in alternative investment
    7. Foreigners buying

Quote Originally Posted by ksh

esp. leasehold sites
    7. Foreigners buying

Your england tua kong .. wat toking you ? the surge lead to IR and stock market rise

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Only time will tell who has made the correct call. That's the market. You need to take a view!
    Some people can still make a correct call without taking a view .

They just wait for the market to crash and they'll feel richer.

They can be "invested" in a multi-million condo without coming up with a single cent. This is "infinite leveraging".

But 2 years, 20% is already very very good returns. Minibonds buyers took a big big risk but only get about 5-6% returns. But in the end, they lose everything.
    That's why real estate is "real". Others are fake.

That's why everytime the money in my bank gets too much, I'll buy another piece of "real" estate. I don't trust the banks.

Recently with the government guaranteeing all deposits, I feel much more assured. Once they revert back to that stupid Deposit Insurance Scheme (DIS) which guarantess only $20,000, I'll have no choice but to get another piece of "real" estate.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    You mean like Aztech?
    Take a stand and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Aztech
    Aztech Proposes To Diversify Its Business By Venturing Into The Property Sector
    Ms Pavani Nagarajah
    Company Secretary
    Aztech Group Ltd.
    Thursday, 24 September 2009, 19:36:13

The Board of Directors of Aztech Group Ltd is pleased to announce that, in line with the Group’s long-term strategy of diversifying it’s business, the Group proposes to venture into the property development, building construction and property management businesses (the “New Business”).

The Group believes that the economic growth in the Asia-Pacific region has led to an increase in the demand for services in the New Business and that the New Business would have bright prospects in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region given the high savings rate and economic progress in the region.

Initially, the Group proposes to enter the residential property segment in Singapore as a boutique developer. Given the projected population growth, the Group believes that there will be long-term sustainable demand for the New Business. The residential property sector in Singapore has seen tremendous growth in terms of the number of new projects launched as well as the amount of interest in these projects among investors and buyers.

An extraordinary general meeting (the “EGM”) will be convened to seek the approval of shareholders for the Group to engage in the New Business.
    Last edited by Reporter; 25-09-09 at 00:20.

This is a biased report. Of course Interlace is seeing slowdown. All the good units and smaller units are taken up. This is the same across all projects. Usually, 3/4/PH units are the slowest to go. Somemore, now left all those lousy facing units, of course, sale will be slower.

This writer fails to mention that 2 bedders are all gone once it was released. Shouldn't be a writer after all.
    Perhaps they are just following instruction during this period?

bank loan interest rate has increased, any one notice?

Quote Originally Posted by ksh

esp. leasehold sites
    7. Foreigners buying

has it? what are the rates like now? i have not been shopping for a home loan lately.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    bank loan interest rate has increased, any one notice?

but sibor keeps going lower it seems...

Dbs is currently offering sibor+0.8%, no lock in. Can choose 3 or 12 mth sibor.

yah I got rates between 0.75-0.85%+sibor with DBS no lock, same rate thruout the loan period. Not sure which banks have increase the rates

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Let's see if RCR's prices can surge another 20% in Q4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Business Times

URA's private home prices indices surge in Q3
    Kalpana Rashiwala
    The Business Times
    Thursday, 1 October 2009

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)'s price index for private homes jumped 15.9% in the third quarter of 2009 compared with the preceding quarter, according to a flash estimate released on Thursday.

This follows a 4.7% quarter-on-quarter decline in the widely watched index in Q2.

URA also released flash estimates of the price changes in the three geographical regions for third quarter 2009. Prices of non-landed private residential properties increased by 16.2% quarter on quarter in the Core Central Region, 19.1% in Rest of Central Region (RCR) and 15.4% in Outside Central Region in Q3.

In contrast, for Q2 2009, the price indices for non-landed private homes dipped 5.2% in Core Central Region, 4.4% in Rest of Central Region and 2.3% in Outside Central Region.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Does anyone know how is
    CCR
    RCR
    OCR
    categorised? Is it grouped together based on district or ... ???

Is Sentosa considered CCR or RCR ??
    How about places like Reflections and Caribbean??

in the same report, there is a graph that shows the prices correlation b/w OCR, CCR and RCR. http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-67b.pdf

in the '06 to '08 period, the CCR obviously pulled away from the trend, whilee RCR and OCR continue to maintain a constant gap throughout from '04 to 3Q08.

In the recent 4 qtrs, the significant pullback of the CCR plus the outburst of the prices in the OCR allows the gap to be sort of normalised back to the pre-boom time of '06/07. However, the recovery in RCR is slow, such that we now even see OCR matching or even higher prices in RCR. ==> which really correlates to what we are almost seeing now (compare launch of Cento/100Ts vs Woodleigh; rough guage here)

In my view, i feel RCR definitely still has more room to go up, plus if the recovery is sustained and CCR sees a maintained growth, RCR shouldn't be where it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    yah I got rates between 0.75-0.85%+sibor with DBS no lock, same rate thruout the loan period. Not sure which banks have increase the rates
    I just checked, the three-month SIBOR is still only 0.68458%.

So my SIBOR loan is still only around 1.5%.

Haha ... actually the home loan rates are so low now that you can actually get a higher return from your deposits.

There are some insurance-linked products that are paying around 2% now but they require lock-in of around 5 years.

the catch is the 5 years. when the economy recovers and int rate goes up, u are still locked down, and exiting early might prove to be even more painful.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    I just checked, the three-month SIBOR is still only 0.68458%.

So my SIBOR loan is still only around 1.5%.

Haha ... actually the home loan rates are so low now that you can actually get a higher return from your deposits.

There are some insurance-linked products that are paying around 2% now but they require lock-in of around 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink
    in the same report, there is a graph that shows the prices correlation b/w OCR, CCR and RCR. http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2009/pr09-67b.pdf

in the '06 to '08 period, the CCR obviously pulled away from the trend, whilee RCR and OCR continue to maintain a constant gap throughout from '04 to 3Q08.

In the recent 4 qtrs, the significant pullback of the CCR plus the outburst of the prices in the OCR allows the gap to be sort of normalised back to the pre-boom time of '06/07. However, the recovery in RCR is slow, such that we now even see OCR matching or even higher prices in RCR. ==> which really correlates to what we are almost seeing now (compare launch of Cento/100Ts vs Woodleigh; rough guage here)

In my view, i feel RCR definitely still has more room to go up, plus if the recovery is sustained and CCR sees a maintained growth, RCR shouldn't be where it is now.
    Are you referring to the 2nd URA graph?

Quote Originally Posted by H88

Property prices up 15.9%
    H88
    Thursday, 1 October 2009

URA has confirmed what most of us have suspected so far - prices have gone up! Dramatically! Flash estimates for property prices in Q3 show huge increase of 15.9% compared to the previous quarter.

According to URA, the Core Central region saw an increase of 16.2%, the Rest of Central Region jumped the most with 19.1% and the Outside Central Region moved up 15.4%. Compared to last quarter where all regions saw price drops, this quarter has seen a sharp double digit jump.

It's also worth nothng that prices also increased the most in the Rest of Central Region, catching up with prices for condos in Outside Central Region.

So if prices are on the up, will bargain hunters now stay away? Will this affect the current launches? Or will the current low loan rates still encourage buyers? Will there be a double-dip?

yup. the 2nd graph
    Are you referring to the 2nd URA graph?

The graph above has a very familiar pattern ...

The literally million-dollar question (see below): is it going to be a repeat of 1989 (pink graph) or 1999 (blue graph)?

Take a bet

My bet is that it should be blues after the elections....

Prior to that... it is only up...

hmm... good charts. anyone has similar comparison of the O,C,R from '96 and '99? or they were defined even back then?