Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

I also agree. I'm just refering to the showflat. The ID seemed to make it feel that even if slightly smaller, the impact on spaciousness wouldn't be too great but on the pocket will be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Big is always bigger if you can afford.

Went down to the showflat over the weekend, the interior is nothing to shout about. The impressive thing about the development is really the design and space utilisation (waterfall terrace, babmboo garden...). But then again this will house 3000+ pple so there must be enough facilities for all. 1 thing i noted, with the unique stacking design, this allowed the developer to sell many more roof terrace and gardens.

Was quoted $1.4m for a 1259 sq ft 3 bedder on the 2nd blk facing depot road (about $1,100 psf).

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

The Interlace in District 3 has a nëw hïgh of $1,305 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
    Project Name . Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Interlace ... RCR ........ 461 ...................... 144 ........................ 1,305 ........... 1,067 ........... 825

Could someone give us an update on this "iconic" project in singapore? looks like interest in this condo has completely died out. Heard that the developer is planning a promotion, whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Could someone give us an update on this "iconic" project in singapore? looks like interest in this condo has completely died out. Heard that the developer is planning a promotion, whatever that means.
    really! wat kind of promotion? tot this project is selling quite smoothly, only left with bigger units

think left with 3 bedders and above and less preferred facings, quantum quite big even though psf is low

Default design

maid has a private toilet so kinda weird my kids gotta share toilet but maid got her own.

Toilet face entrance so fengshui not good, but that's just me

Family room face kitchen entrance, which usually family room's private. So cooking smell etc & non privacy also quite weird for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    really! wat kind of promotion? tot this project is selling quite smoothly, only left with bigger units
    they have sold 500 out of 590 units launched so far. phase 2 launch on the way, standby for release of 2 bedders hotcakes, psf increased slightly to av of $1300 for smallest 807 sqft unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    they have sold 500 out of 590 units launched so far. phase 2 launch on the way, standby for release of 2 bedders hotcakes, psf increased slightly to av of $1300 for smallest 807 sqft unit.
    these should be 3rd level containers upwards ~

Admittedly, I must say the design and relative layout of the apartment blocks is rather unusual, interesting and perhaps "iconic". But having such container-like, "iconic" cuts both ways.

It will be elegantly iconic, only if the construction and workmanship (exterior of the building and quality of its external finishings) are top notch. If the external building quality and finishing appears cheap and mediocre, there is a high risk that this squarish container-like looking design may start to look

1. cheap
    2. public-housing looking

amongst others. Given the track record and credential of capitaland in their residential development thus far - to each its own opinion and view.

Admittedly, I must say the design and relative layout of the apartment blocks is rather unusual, interesting and perhaps "iconic". But having such container-like, "iconic" cuts both ways.

It will be elegantly iconic, only if the construction and workmanship (exterior of the building and quality of its external finishings) are top notch. If the external building quality and finishing appears cheap and mediocre, there is a high risk that this squarish container-like looking design may start to look

1. cheap

amongst others. Given the track record and credential of capitaland in the their residential development quality thus far - to each its own opinion and view.

Quote Originally Posted by DW

1. cheap

amongst others. Given the track record and credential of capitaland in the their residential development quality thus far - to each its own opinion and view.
    This development when completed is definitely going to be one of the iconic buildings in Singapore. The design is unusual and huge, and is visible from afar. With HPL as its partner ( renown for quality condos ), I am sure the design and quality would not be compromised. The downside is the hugh size of the units making them very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by merlion
    This development when completed is definitely going to be one of the iconic buildings in Singapore. The design is unusual and huge, and is visible from afar. With HPL as its partner ( renown for quality condos ), I am sure the design and quality would not be compromised. The downside is the hugh size of the units making them very expensive.
    that is not the only downside. what turned me off is the irregular shapes of many units. so many odd looking corners and odd looking rooms.

most of the units have no cross ventaliation....good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    how many new projects got cross ventilation these days? when i mean cross ventilation: meaning single loading layout, smthing like Sky11

i got many units in various projects with no cross ventilations and guess wat...dun nid luck and price still appreciate

however, i prefer x ventilation layout for my self stay...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how many new projects got cross ventilation these days? when i mean cross ventilation: meaning single loading layout
    meadows@peirce is single loading.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    meadows@peirce is single loading.
    i visited ritz regency along haig rd b4...also single loading with sort of 270degree view...not bad...ard 1050psf still can nego...was quite tempted until i went to see the pool

meadows nice project for self stay...certain facing very quiet and serene...they got dog lawn! gd for doggy lovers

i like some units at meadows whereby the main door enters into the balcony...nice

think interlace also got doggy lawn ~

trillium also pte lift open into balcony, i think twin regency and regency suites also main door opens into balcony. my question is if it is raining heavily, enter own house door liao still get wet? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i visited ritz regency along haig rd b4...also single loading with sort of 270degree view...not bad...ard 1050psf still can nego...was quite tempted until i went to see the pool

meadows nice project for self stay...certain facing very quiet and serene...they got dog lawn! gd for doggy lovers

i like some units at meadows whereby the main door enters into the balcony...nice

Sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean by cross ventilation? Front and back no blocking?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean by cross ventilation? Front and back no blocking?
    If that's the case, can open the front door all the time while keeping the living windows open as well. Sure got all sorts of cross ventilation...

If that's the case, can open the front door all the time while keeping the living windows open as well. Sure got all sorts of cross ventilation...
    Not going to help. your will still have mildew and mould problems with your bathrooms/toilets. every block at the interlace is solid block, like a black hole.

Er, I'm asking a question, not making a statement. Are you trying to explain it to me or just as ignorant as me and making a smart-&#% comment?

Er, I'm asking a question, not making a statement. Are you trying to explain it to me or just as ignorant as me and making a smart-&#% comment?
    Don't get so uptight, it was a smart aleck answer.

Frankly, after some serious thought, cross ventilation may refer to buildings having uninterrupted flow of air from front to back, and may also be applicable to individual units.
    Any experts out there care to enlighten?

Frankly, after some serious thought, cross ventilation may refer to buildings having uninterrupted flow of air from front to back, and may also be applicable to individual units.
    Any experts out there care to enlighten?
    Cross ventilation occurs in premises with air coming in on one side from door or windows and leaving from the other side via a window or door. This is a more effective way of ventilating buildings. Single-sided ventilation is when air comes in from one side only. This is less effective. Anything more than 10m has to be design for cross ventilaton.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Cross ventilation occurs in premises with air coming in on one side from door or windows and leaving from the other side via a window or door. This is a more effective way of ventilating buildings. Single-sided ventilation is when air comes in from one side only. This is less effective. Anything more than 10m has to be design for cross ventilaton.
    Thanks, spot on.

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008

Thanks, spot on.
    This explanation will effectively mean that most units at the Interlace will not have cross vent as they are designed differently.
    But why did the developer say ( in the brochure ) that this project has good cross ventilation because of the unique design?

This explanation will effectively mean that most units at the Interlace will not have cross vent as they are designed differently.
    But why did the developer say ( in the brochure ) that this project has good cross ventilation because of the unique design?
    it was explained to me that the project sits on a higher elevation than its surroundings, the blocks are stacked zig zag criss cross such that front and back has no blocking and air can flow in and out from all sides.. something like that.