Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11162126313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1437

Thread: The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

Has anyone started their renovations yet?

record psf

30 OCT 2013 214 DEPOT ROAD #XX-XX 807 1,610psf 23 APR 2010 1,277 268,731 1,286 6.8
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by panamera View Post
    Working on it... Hopefully can complete by mid Dec. Want to spend Christmas there. Need to move out if old place cos tenants need firm dates that they can shift in.

I see quite a fair bit of renovations going on already -esp. the garden houses. With 600+ units already handed over, seems that Dec is THE month to finish the works & move in pronto...!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo0808 View Post
    Working on it... Hopefully can complete by mid Dec. Want to spend Christmas there. Need to move out if old place cos tenants need firm dates that they can shift in.
    Good luck and sounds fun. Mine definitely after CNY..

will be moving in this december, cant wait.

completed reno and moved in already but yet to complete all the unpacking

Good luck and sounds fun. Mine definitely after CNY..
    Lol. CNY seem so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmum View Post
    Nice! I went back to collect my handbag a couple of nights ago and the whole place is so dark! Not many cars in the car park too.

Wow, that is fast. Did you eventually deck your whole balcony?

Wow, that is fast. Did you eventually deck your whole balcony?
    nope... unable to have ponding issue, which will be rectified on Mon; thereafter will decide again.

but was told cannot deck whole balcony

nope... unable to have ponding issue, which will be rectified on Mon; thereafter will decide again.

well you dont have to inform them, i saw many units already deck up their balcony

Quote Originally Posted by eseko1 View Post
    well you dont have to inform them, i saw many units already deck up their balcony
    err... as far we know; the few that decked the whole balcony and are approved are the ground floor ones.
    the upper units; only decking of planter areas are approved but without the "drilling into the wall areas" etc...

anyway, we have a huge long balcony area and to deck everything is costing quite a bit. we'll wait and see how it goes... maybe in time to come; some issues can "close an eye (or two)"

meanwhile; it's been a nice stay so far without too much traffic noise really or any sightings of mozzies
    Last edited by jasmum; 17-11-13 at 08:41.

during occasional building inspection management may instruct owners to remove the decking because it's not approved. they can see the decking by looking from neighbouring units also.

can end up wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by kailord View Post
    during occasional building inspection management may instruct owners to remove the decking because it's not approved. they can see the decking by looking from neighbouring units also.

can end up wasted effort.
    For my case, i just have a newborn child , now learning to walk. It doesnt look safe if the the planter box is not decked up.

agree, those safety issue things, if the MCST disagree and something happens, who's going to be responsible?!?

like grilling for eg. i live in a bird cage practically, but what to do if you have two boys?

you read the tampines case, even 7 year old can wake up and in a state of confusion climbed out of a window to look for parents that's so tragic

For my case, i just have a newborn child , now learning to walk. It doesnt look safe if the the planter box is not decked up.
    I have a 2yr old and indeed it's worrying too... I'm just thankful my little one is cooperating to stay away the planter-boxes now.
    in fact the little creeping millipedes are 'scarying' her to venture out

currently, it's locked / closed balcony doors... and we installed a main gate, so that we can have the main door open as the breeze is really lovely here
    we just have to rectify the ponding issue first, re-cementing and observing the issue again.

Quote Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
    agree, those safety issue things, if the MCST disagree and something happens, who's going to be responsible?!?

like grilling for eg. i live in a bird cage practically, but what to do if you have two boys?

you read the tampines case, even 7 year old can wake up and in a state of confusion climbed out of a window to look for parents that's so tragic
    they'll probably say we just have to close our sliding doors, plantar boxes are not an illegal safety hazard, but decking up the planters is contravening development guideline laws, a bit hard to win ?

err... as far we know; the few that decked the whole balcony and are approved are the ground floor ones.
    the upper units; only decking of planter areas are approved but without the "drilling into the wall areas" etc...

anyway, we have a huge long balcony area and to deck everything is costing quite a bit. we'll wait and see how it goes... maybe in time to come; some issues can "close an eye (or two)"

meanwhile; it's been a nice stay so far without too much traffic noise really or any sightings of mozzies
    You mean management office told you decking of the planter box (removable decking) is approved? We also have a large planter and over heard the management saying by right it's not approved at all. Also asked them directly, they said not approved.

Actually, once the plants are in the planter.. the long kang doesn't look that bad la

Quote Originally Posted by janyen View Post
    You mean management office told you decking of the planter box (removable decking) is approved? We also have a large planter and over heard the management saying by right it's not approved at all. Also asked them directly, they said not approved.

Actually, once the plants are in the planter.. the long kang doesn't look that bad la
    they said not allowed but if "no drilling of anything into the walls b'coz that's not allowed" then covering up is upon own discretion and as long as it is removable but they will not commit into giving a firm yes on this 'grey' issue.

yes, of course having the plants there will beautify the area, but the worrying issue is, we have a little one and just afraid will trip and fall into it.
    Plus, it's a pity we can't lean out to the grill and enjoy the lovely view, but ohh.. well...

anyway, we can see some have plants in their boxes already and some just leaving it empty... only a couple on the ground floor have removed their little green corner and decked the area instead.

Instead of decking off the whole balcony space, you can consider laying artificial grass over the tiled area, and maybe some densely leafy plants in the planter to prevent kiddos from falling in due to tge sheer volume of the foilage.

they said not allowed but if "no drilling of anything into the walls b'coz that's not allowed" then covering up is upon own discretion and as long as it is removable but they will not commit into giving a firm yes on this 'grey' issue.

yes, of course having the plants there will beautify the area, but the worrying issue is, we have a little one and just afraid will trip and fall into it.
    Plus, it's a pity we can't lean out to the grill and enjoy the lovely view, but ohh.. well...

anyway, we can see some have plants in their boxes already and some just leaving it empty... only a couple on the ground floor have removed their little green corner and decked the area instead.
    yeah thats true, those family with children will understand. im impressed so far with the enviroment and facilities provided. the traffic noise is not as bad as previous concerns, just that i find the condo management is too strict on some issues, like 500 dollars deposit on delivery of furniture and i have to reschedule the delivery because there is a llimit on deliveries each day
    Last edited by eseko1; 18-11-13 at 20:32.

yeah thats true, those family with children will understand. im impressed so far with the enviroment and facilities provided. the traffic noise is not as bad as previous concerns, just that i find the condo management is too strict on some issues, like 500 dollars deposit on delivery of furniture and i have to reschedule the delivery because there is a llimit on deliveries each day
    Agree that the condo is good for own stay with family with so much spaces for kids to run around. With a car everything else is convenient. For original buyers, it represents very good value for money. Even the tiles for the living room turns out better than what was represented in the very first launch. The pool is relatively small though for >1000 units.

here's an ad of a unit shows decking of planter area...
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/en/listing/15806405

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2 View Post
    Agree that the condo is good for own stay with family with so much spaces for kids to run around. With a car everything else is convenient. For original buyers, it represents very good value for money. Even the tiles for the living room turns out better than what was represented in the very first launch. The pool is relatively small though for >1000 units.
    Hopefully the majority are owners moving in, rather than tenants...

Smile

I've just submitted my defect list, looking for an Id or contractor now, do you guys have any one recommended? thx a lot!

I won't be getting any ID. Intend to just use individual contractors, starting with covering up the concrete bay window surface. Anyone knows any contractor for bay windows?

Am planning to be onsite this weekend, as usual to admire my still bare shell unit.

Any owners who want to meet up to catch up on reno/deco/tips etc, pm me to see if timing suits. Going to be likely either Sat or Sun morning.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by drugabuse View Post
    I've just submitted my defect list, looking for an Id or contractor now, do you guys have any one recommended? thx a lot!
    we used Meter Square
    https://www.facebook.com/metersquareinterior
    http://www.metersquare.com.sg/about
    what we were particularly impressed was the proactiveness, level of commitment to deliver within an extremely tight timeframe and most importantly not being afraid to tell us our idea do not work, while making us comfortable through the process. she made all the necessary paper work with the management a breeze.
    Jocelyn Shu was our ID

Quote Originally Posted by drugabuse View Post
    I'm using Lux Design for all carpentry and interior design work, especially required for bay windows, living & bar - www.luxdesign.com.sg,
    Ceiling work, I'm using direct contactor, Teck 82880448. I'm putting up timber work for living and dining for more resort feel.