Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kim Yam road - pros and cons

i am not sure why but as usual, capitaland seems to have "privileges". wharf can go up to #22 just like rivergate can go to #43 while no one else in the area can go above #36 normally. yes, kim yam road does divide the height thing, just as from rivergate onwards robertson blue, robertson 100, 8 rodyk, watermark, martin no. 38, inspira are also short dev.

the only reason i can think of is that they decided that east of kim yam road is too near uncle lee's house and perhaps istana too.

its the same for kiliney road, east of kiliney road short short, west of it can go to #36.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Sorry to revive this old thread...

Recently I am lookg all around Kim Yam.... Oleanas Residences, Waterford Residences, The Wharf...

Very strange. The devt along Martin Place Residences and Oleanas (formerly Kim Yam Heights) side do not have a height limit of 10 storeys; whereas devts on the other side of the road (Waterford, Wharf, Langston) all have a 10-storey height limit. Anyone knows why?

And anyone vested at Waterford Residences? Any comments on that devt? Thanks!

yeah... that's why I'm keen on Waterford as well. If one day URA decides to equalise all the height limits along Kim Yam, those which are currently caught by the 10-storey rule will strike jackpot.

wah, u bot langston last year, this year wanna add in the area again. crouching tiger again hehehe.

not vested in waterford and dun want to be slammed by owners so to keep it short, i feel its a "you look at me, i look at you development".

units are of efficient design though.

Sorry to revive this old thread...

Recently I am lookg all around Kim Yam.... Oleanas Residences, Waterford Residences, The Wharf...

Very strange. The devt along Martin Place Residences and Oleanas (formerly Kim Yam Heights) side do not have a height limit of 10 storeys; whereas devts on the other side of the road (Waterford, Wharf, Langston) all have a 10-storey height limit. Anyone knows why?

And anyone vested at Waterford Residences? Any comments on that devt? Thanks!

personally, i think it won't be so soon. should take quite awhile but that would be your purpose for investing in waterford anyway, for the long haul until it en-blocs. if uncle lee is the issue then not too bad, once his family move out maybe can up the ratio. but if its the istana (a bit far i feel), then long time also won't raise the ratio hee. anyway, better let the experts comment. mine is just a crooked reasoning LOL.

yeah... that's why I'm keen on Waterford as well. If one day URA decides to equalise all the height limits along Kim Yam, those which are currently caught by the 10-storey rule will strike jackpot.

aiyoh, what crouching tiger??? cannot compare to all the tigers/dragons in this forum lah....

i have been prowling the whole kim yam stretch but still haven't bought anything besides langston leh. so far is look see look see only.

but i like kim yam.... perched on a hill, and away from the madding crowd (at robertson quay). near but not too near robertson.... for that same reason, i like aspen too. but aspen is also another "i look at you, u look at me" devt. not much privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    personally, i think it won't be so soon. should take quite awhile but that would be your purpose for investing in waterford anyway, for the long haul until it en-blocs. if uncle lee is the issue then not too bad, once his family move out maybe can up the ratio. but if its the istana (a bit far i feel), then long time also won't raise the ratio hee. anyway, better let the experts comment. mine is just a crooked reasoning LOL.
    actually no need to raise the plot ratio. currently the plot ratio for all kim yam devts is 2.8, enuf to build to more than 20 levels. just that certain devts on langston side have an artificial cap of 10-storeys building height limit imposed on them. which is kinda strange. it is those devts which have such a 10-storey cap which i am interested in.

i believe the distance between blocks for waterford will be closer. i also like kim yam area. the drunks will only hit 7 eleven so maybe only vivace, robertson edge and some units at wharf will hear the drunkards. waterford, oleanas onwards safe (drunks too drunk to climb uphill anyway, in movies climb a few steps, roll down even more kekeke).

aiyoh, what crouching tiger??? cannot compare to all the tigers/dragons in this forum lah....

i have been prowling the whole kim yam stretch but still haven't bought anything besides langston leh. so far is look see look see only.

but i like kim yam.... perched on a hill, and away from the madding crowd (at robertson quay). near but not too near robertson.... for that same reason, i like aspen too. but aspen is also another "i look at you, u look at me" devt. not much privacy.

oh yeah, i meant height restriction not plot ratio, sorry a bit tired. better correct myself else will get insulted by other pple like poor devilplate one u know.

actually no need to raise the plot ratio. currently the plot ratio for all kim yam devts is 2.8, enuf to build to more than 20 levels. just that certain devts on langston side have an artificial cap of 10-storeys building height limit imposed on them. which is kinda strange. it is those devts which have such a 10-storey cap which i am interested in.

oh yeah, i meant height restriction not plot ratio, sorry a bit tired. better correct myself else will get insulted by other pple like poor devilplate one u know.
    aiyah, dun bother about the insulting remarks. poor devilplate made the mistake of replying to the insults. ignoring such folks is key. after all, like all kids throwing tantrums, such people thrive on attention mah.

i believe the distance between blocks for waterford will be closer. i also like kim yam area. the drunks will only hit 7 eleven so maybe only vivace, robertson edge and some units at wharf will hear the drunkards. waterford, oleanas onwards safe (drunks too drunk to climb uphill anyway, in movies climb a few steps, roll down even more kekeke).
    yeah... actually a lot of forummers are vested ard kim yam. it is a good place to stay, and with a lot of potential too. my hubby likes Oleanas. But i find it a bit old. But units on higher floors do have a nice view of the marina bay area, and relatively unblocked too. too bad oleanas doesn't belong to those caught by the 10-storey rule, which I feel have more potential, ceteris paribus at the same psf price point.

but for oleanas, the good view of marina bay is a bit tricky. the 4 bedroom unit only has a pathetic small window facing the bay. the 3 bedroom loft at 1636 sq ft is a little too big but unique in the area. the 1141sq ft 3 bedder on the other hand is too small. personally i like the 3 bedroom loft as a property but as an investment, far from ideal, quantum is already high, asking price is also high and few units come on the market anyway.

aiyah, dun bother about the insulting remarks. poor devilplate made the mistake of replying to the insults. ignoring such folks is key. after all, like all kids throwing tantrums, such people thrive on attention mah.

yeah... actually a lot of forummers are vested ard kim yam. it is a good place to stay, and with a lot of potential too. my hubby likes Oleanas. But i find it a bit old. But units on higher floors do have a nice view of the marina bay area, and relatively unblocked too. too bad oleanas doesn't belong to those caught by the 10-storey rule, which I feel have more potential, ceteris paribus at the same psf price point.

i was looking at waterford just b4 it TOP due to its cheap psf of ard 13xxpsf...ard march-april period. there will be tons of construction gg on...wharf and diagonally opposite state land is oredi sold to build offices....PLUS the temple just beside....very active temple....

i prefer inspira...but was turned off by the address and the immediate surrounding too.

wharf not bad...last yr 1250psf lelong! hehe

the only reason i can think of is that they decided that east of kim yam road is too near uncle lee's house and perhaps istana too.

its the same for kiliney road, east of kiliney road short short, west of it can go to #36.
    Sorry to revive this old topic. Uncle Lee came out in ytd's straits times to state that the town planners are to allow the properties around his house to build up and increase in land value after he is gone. Just wondering which are the ones, besides Kim yam road, with such height restrictions currently. Anyone knows?

Look under masterplan. Locate oxley road.

I doubt the government will demolish his house, but probably preserve it and still allows the plot ratio of surrounding area to increase.

actually, i think he is only referring to the oxley road around his house lah. his neighbours basically and those along dublin road. but opposite his house is a newly developed landed project by a rich man called Mr. Neo. Its called Oxley Neo Residences (non strata landed). becoz nearby the botanic on lloyd etc is already 5 storey leh.

Sorry to revive this old topic. Uncle Lee came out in ytd's straits times to state that the town planners are to allow the properties around his house to build up and increase in land value after he is gone. Just wondering which are the ones, besides Kim yam road, with such height restrictions currently. Anyone knows?