Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Investor. Guest

Default Re: The Rochester (D5, 99 year leasehold, United Engineers)

Quote Originally Posted by Buyer
    OK, now back to The Rochester, buy or not to buy during launch.

Buy!
    Yes!

What are you buying?
    Just a 2 bedroom.

Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Investor.
    What are you buying?
    Just a 2 bedroom.

2 bedroom is fine.

I dunno yet.
    Most probably 2bedder too.
    Maybe 3bedder?

Curious Guest

2 bedroom is fine.

I dunno yet.
    Most probably 2bedder too.
    Maybe 3bedder?

Which facing?
    Which level?
    At what psf?

Unregistered Guest

OK, now back to The Rochester, buy or not to buy during launch.

Buy!
    Yes!
    Hope you won't lose your shirt
    Goood luck!

Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hope you won't lose your shirt
    Goood luck!
    Thank you.
    I won't.

Unregistered Guest

Thank you.
    I won't.
    I think you make a biggest mistake in your life

Buyer Guest

I think you make a biggest mistake in your life

I think you too.

Unregistered Guest

In URA's press release today:

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Registered Guest

"...The increase in private housing prices in recent quarters is in line with greater economic growth and rising confidence. Private housing prices are now increasing at a faster pace because of good economic prospects going forward and the increasing attractiveness of Singapore as a global city."

Like that ah ..... let's go and buy The Rochester man!
    When are they launching?

Unregistered Guest

Why are so so panic in spreading the good news in all the threads?
    I hope you are not one of those who lost the shirt in 1996 and trying to recoup your losses by going all out this time.
    Stay calm, if you are lucky, you may make it big this time

Unregistered Guest

i guess many forumers here are actually on the seller side, such as flippers of OneNorthRes. they just pump up enthusiasm here and cook up sentiment for buying, with the hope to cash in their speculations sooner. hdb rose nearly 3% this quarter, the largest among 11 yrs. the craze has spread to the mass market. I think some cool-down measures will soon be announced. the speculators deserve getting burnt again.

Economist Guest

i guess many forumers here are actually on the seller side, such as flippers of OneNorthRes. they just pump up enthusiasm here and cook up sentiment for buying, with the hope to cash in their speculations sooner. hdb rose nearly 3% this quarter, the largest among 11 yrs. the craze has spread to the mass market. I think some cool-down measures will soon be announced. the speculators deserve getting burnt again.

You mean the government is going to burn the country economy and speculators?

1997 Guest

Yes, I love it.
    Get the government to introduce 1997 measures and burn the country economy.
    Make stupid idiots like you go jobless and work as beggars and maids.
    Yes, please do it!
    Ha ha ha!

Investor. Guest

Why are so so panic in spreading the good news in all the threads?
    I hope you are not one of those who lost the shirt in 1996 and trying to recoup your losses by going all out this time.
    Stay calm, if you are lucky, you may make it big this time

Perhaps he is recouping. Nevertheless, it is good for him too.

For people like me who missed the 1990-6 actions and only started investing in 2006, it is definitely good news.

Up up up!

Unregistered Guest

By the way, are most or all of the anti-speculation measures still in place? What else will the government do? I can see they will release more land. But other than that, what should a government do to stop citizens of a land-scarce country from buying properties?

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1997
    Yes, I love it.
    Yes, please do it!
    Ha ha ha!
    you meant you flippers can hijack the state economy? it's only you & the speculating activities getting burnt like that in 1997. ha ha, you will get jobless then, since your job is here to fool people buying in your speculations. we're doing well in 1997 by the way. all current owners meant to invest long term or live in will be fine as they have the holding power. but i surely won't take you as my maid.

Unregistered Guest

Yes, I love it.
    Yes, please do it!
    Ha ha ha!
    It is not too late to introduce measures to cool the speculative activity and number of local folks affected is rather limited. The recent frenzy is rather limited in terms of exposure in comparing to the 1993-1996 boom. First, the frenzy has just started not long ago. Second, many still has fresh memmory of their experiences in the mid-90s. Third, many who ent in the mid-90s, be it be private condos, landed properties or even HDB, are still under the water and as such they don't have the means to speculate the way folks in the 90 did.

Unregistered Guest

By the way, are most or all of the anti-speculation measures still in place? What else will the government do? I can see they will release more land. But other than that, what should a government do to stop citizens of a land-scarce country from buying properties?
    such as banning or collecting heavy duty for subsale transactions within xx years of initial purchase etc. look at the previous OneNorthRes, there're pages of ad in a single condo web (http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...5-sESTATE.htm). i guess they're those who jump up at this forum using offensive words...

Unregistered Guest

such as banning or collecting heavy duty for subsale transactions within xx years of initial purchase etc. look at the previous OneNorthRes, there're pages of ad in a single condo web (http://www.singaporeexpats.com/housi...5-sESTATE.htm). i guess they're those who jump up at this forum using offensive words...
    I don't think that is possible, because it is hard to define subsales, or distinguish it from normal sales. Some subsales may be justified by certain circumstances. Do the government have to peruse the circumstances of each subsale to decide to permit or not?

Profit from subsales is already subject to income tax, by the way. It is not like
    the government condones or encourage subsales by not taxing the profit.

Look at China, the government tries to talk the stock market down. It is working? No! I am not saying that Sin government will do nothing. I am saying it is a balancing act. They don't want to market to soar, but neither do they want it to crash either.

Unregistered Guest

So, don't be too sure that there will be more anti-speculation measures coming. They may not be more.

Unregistered Guest

Great idea,
    this is one way to ensure gradual appreciation of property prices in tandem of the growing economy and population. Speculators driven frenzy resulted in dramatic appreciation of property prices would eventually damage the health growth of our economy and there is no question that policy makers know this well.

Economist Guest

I don't think that is possible, because it is hard to define subsales, or distinguish it from normal sales. Some subsales may be justified by certain circumstances. Do the government have to peruse the circumstances of each subsale to decide to permit or not?

Profit from subsales is already subject to income tax, by the way. It is not like

Look at China, the government tries to talk the stock market down. It is working? No! I am not saying that Sin government will do nothing. I am saying it is a balancing act. They don't want to market to soar, but neither do they want it to crash either.

Put it simply.
    A crash will burn everybody.
    Name me a crash that the economy is not effected?

And yes, it's a balancing act.
    The act to "cool" but "not to crash".

1997 Guest

you meant you flippers can hijack the state economy? it's only you & the speculating activities getting burnt like that in 1997. ha ha, you will get jobless then, since your job is here to fool people buying in your speculations. we're doing well in 1997 by the way. all current owners meant to invest long term or live in will be fine as they have the holding power. but i surely won't take you as my maid.

Stupid idiot!
    1997 crash, economy is also affected lah, stupid!
    You got a million in the bank, then you come talk to me.
    Otherwise, stay clear!
    Stupid idiot! Know nothing but open useless big mouth.

District 5 Guest

Go eat shit lah!
    If you hate speculators, go kill them.
    Don't drag us innocent home owners into it.
    If my house value go down due to a crash, you will get shit in your face!

Unregistered Guest

For those expecting an immediate announcement of anti-speculation measures, please visit the showflats of Botannia. I was there last weekend, and there was hardly any potential buyers there. There were more agents than potential buyers.

Most of the frenzy is limited to the central area. Duchess Residences sold out in one day.

But how do you cool activity in one part of the city only? You can't.

Unregistered Guest

Stupid idiot!
    1997 crash, economy is also affected lah, stupid!
    You got a million in the bank, then you come talk to me.
    Otherwise, stay clear!
    Stupid idiot! Know nothing but open useless big mouth.
    Are you so scaring? so you can only shout a few offensive words? You'd better go lost!

1997 Guest

Are you so scaring? so you can only shout a few offensive words? You'd better go lost!

I get lost so that you can stay here?
    In your dream, stupid idiot!

Unregistered Guest

You can't collect income tax from thieves. You need to ban / punish them. Here some anti-speculation measures are needed to directly rule out flippers. The state economy will be more healthy and sustainable only if getting rid of the short-term speculators, whether locals or foreigners.

Unregistered Guest

Sad to see name callings and so forth in this forum. Anyhow, Singapore is a free market and let it be so..... control and stuff do not sit well with international institution which in term will lead to other negative consequences. Right to say that speculation may damage the country economy but do you really want to have a close economy? Singapore is small without natural resources. All we have are brains and hardworking people. Will not survive by ourselves if we adopt closed economy.

There are sure people who disagrees with this view but just think about it....

Unregistered Guest

For those expecting an immediate announcement of anti-speculation measures, please visit the showflats of Botannia. I was there last weekend, and there was hardly any potential buyers there. There were more agents than potential buyers.

Most of the frenzy is limited to the central area. Duchess Residences sold out in one day.

But how do you cool activity in one part of the city only? You can't.
    the answer is to rule out the flippers. botannia is quiet cos less or no flippers. OneNorthRes or DuchessRes were sold out like hotcakes also cos the flippers' gettting in. be it long-term investment or living in, the normal buyers are more rational. the current sharp uptrend is not purely of demand vs supply, it's due to frenzy speculative activities.