Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: River Bay (92 units) - Allgreen - Mar Thoma Rd

Quote Originally Posted by jackkel View Post
    I saw them removing the crane today.
    is it yesterday went to riviera 38 site still see the crane

One of the Riverbay agent send a text msg to my fren (who is a potential buyer) yesterday that that the showflat will be tearing down and the project is going to be completed between Jul to Sep. Initially the agent told her it will be ready by Jun. But I doubt so.

I went to Riverbay 2 days ago and was very much surprised by the progress. It is getting very fast suddenly. Seems like it is trying to catch up with Riveria 38.

But the weird thing is when I was there last Sat evening I saw a groupof 5 to 7 young girls (wore really short skirt and doesn't look like local) standing opp Riverbay smoking. It looks like they are waiting for somebody .... I hope they are not what I am thinking they are.

Folks,

I am just about to sign on the dot for Riverbay. But then they send me this strange clause as amendment to the S&P to sign off:

29. Cable Services

The Vendor shall endeavour to procure that a service provider for cable television or internet services (the "Cable Services") provides the necessary cabling or connection from its network to the Unit and/or the Housing Project (or any part or parts thereof), so as to enable the Unit and/or the Housing Project to receive the Cable Services. In the event, despite reasonable efforts being made by the Vendor, the Vendor is unable to procure any service provider to provide the said cabling or connection, thereby resulting in there being no Cable Services available in the Unit and/or Housing Project, the Vendor shall not be liable to the Purchaser for any compensation or for any damages costs fees expenses or losses whatsoever, or howsoever incurred, by virtue of the Purchaser being unable to obtain the Cable Services in the Unit and/or Housing Project.

Just wanted to ask you guys that have bought Riverbay, did you also sign off on this?

Coz sounds kinda dodgy to me. I asked the agent and she said where have dev nowadays don't provide Cable Services. I then asked her directly, if you are you so sure, then what is this clause for. She no answer and say have to check and get back to me.

So just wanted to hear from you guys.....

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    One of the Riverbay agent send a text msg to my fren (who is a potential buyer) yesterday that that the showflat will be tearing down and the project is going to be completed between Jul to Sep. Initially the agent told her it will be ready by Jun. But I doubt so.

I went to Riverbay 2 days ago and was very much surprised by the progress. It is getting very fast suddenly. Seems like it is trying to catch up with Riveria 38.

But the weird thing is when I was there last Sat evening I saw a groupof 5 to 7 young girls (wore really short skirt and doesn't look like local) standing opp Riverbay smoking. It looks like they are waiting for somebody .... I hope they are not what I am thinking they are.
    Maybe will top as Riviera 38 same time .

Quote Originally Posted by webhunk View Post
    Folks,

I am just about to sign on the dot for Riverbay. But then they send me this strange clause as amendment to the S&P to sign off:

29. Cable Services

The Vendor shall endeavour to procure that a service provider for cable television or internet services (the "Cable Services") provides the necessary cabling or connection from its network to the Unit and/or the Housing Project (or any part or parts thereof), so as to enable the Unit and/or the Housing Project to receive the Cable Services. In the event, despite reasonable efforts being made by the Vendor, the Vendor is unable to procure any service provider to provide the said cabling or connection, thereby resulting in there being no Cable Services available in the Unit and/or Housing Project, the Vendor shall not be liable to the Purchaser for any compensation or for any damages costs fees expenses or losses whatsoever, or howsoever incurred, by virtue of the Purchaser being unable to obtain the Cable Services in the Unit and/or Housing Project.

Just wanted to ask you guys that have bought Riverbay, did you also sign off on this?

Coz sounds kinda dodgy to me. I asked the agent and she said where have dev nowadays don't provide Cable Services. I then asked her directly, if you are you so sure, then what is this clause for. She no answer and say have to check and get back to me.

So just wanted to hear from you guys.....
    I am also a potential buyer for riverbay but have yet to secure a unit. am waiting for the developer to release the remaining units for sales now. I think if i am able to secure a unit, will have to ask the agent this clause too...doesn't sound right to me. if they, the vendor unable to provide the cable services, meaning we can't watch tv and/or access to internet at home. what activities can we do at home then? what rubbish is that?

Quote Originally Posted by kozen View Post
    I am also a potential buyer for riverbay but have yet to secure a unit. am waiting for the developer to release the remaining units for sales now. I think if i am able to secure a unit, will have to ask the agent this clause too...doesn't sound right to me. if they, the vendor unable to provide the cable services, meaning we can't watch tv and/or access to internet at home. what activities can we do at home then? what rubbish is that?
    Exactly lor! I specifically ask the agent if she so sure will have then what is this clause for? Not able to answer.

I meeting the agent mgmt tmr to see what they say. First time I see this clause. Dunno if the rest of the folks here have seen this before?

U can ask the allgreen released the unit you want . Dun need to wait to release

Exactly lor! I specifically ask the agent if she so sure will have then what is this clause for? Not able to answer.

I meeting the agent mgmt tmr to see what they say. First time I see this clause. Dunno if the rest of the folks here have seen this before?
    ic. please kindly do let me know what is their response on this clause. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit View Post
    Riviera can access I dun think riverbay can't lah

Riviera can access I dun think rivier bay cannot

Will do. I am sure it's not as silly as I think it is.... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Noexit View Post
    I have wrote them an email 2 weeks ago, but no reply from them at all. now i can only rely on DTZ agent and wait for them to release.

Will do. I am sure it's not as silly as I think it is.... Haha
    I have that clause in my S&PA too. I guess as with any form of agreement, it always serves to protect the creator. And I also guess All Green will have to give evidential proof that there was 'reasonable effort' put in to procure a service provider before denying us cable access.

Had a quick check at RiverBay today. A heavy duty vehicle was disassembling the fixed crane. That vehicle was so huge, I wonder how it got there (if via St. Michael's Road).

I have wrote them an email 2 weeks ago, but no reply from them at all. now i can only rely on DTZ agent and wait for them to release.
    How's your experiences with DTZ? So far mine is really crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by simonwhloh View Post
    I have that clause in my S&PA too. I guess as with any form of agreement, it always serves to protect the creator. And I also guess All Green will have to give evidential proof that there was 'reasonable effort' put in to procure a service provider before denying us cable access.

Had a quick check at RiverBay today. A heavy duty vehicle was disassembling the fixed crane. That vehicle was so huge, I wonder how it got there (if via St. Michael's Road).
    Ic Ic. Thanks for the feedback. What I actually asked too was what is the definition of reasonable effort as that is so subjective. Unlikely as it maybe that it will happen, coz I have not heard of any new development with this issue, I just wanted to understand the rationale of them having this clause. Cannot believe they pluck this out of nowhere.

Yup. Drove there today as well. The crane was so huge it blocked the entire mar thoma road...not passable.

How's your experiences with DTZ? So far mine is really crappy.
    experience was still acceptable as my agent is quite helpful, but I think they have their difficulty at times. I am a potential buyer and in fact, had already issued her the cheque last Saturday knowing I am really keen to buy a unit there. money is in their pocket hence I am sure they want to close my deal too.

oh yeah.....I happened to saw one of the ads that posted by one of the DTZ core team is that all the windows that will be installed in Riverbay is Double Glazing Windows. Any idea is it true? Can anyone verify here?

experience was still acceptable as my agent is quite helpful, but I think they have their difficulty at times. I am a potential buyer and in fact, had already issued her the cheque last Saturday knowing I am really keen to buy a unit there. money is in their pocket hence I am sure they want to close my deal too.
    Good to hear. My agent is bloody clueless and slow to respond. It feels like I "owe" them. I guess I was just unlucky ....

Update on the Cable Services clause...

"This is provision for One Net, however it depends on whether if the laying of cables by the provider for One Net has reached the development by the completion of the Project.
    If not, subsequent arrangement has to be done by the MCST / home owners with the provider when the service to lay the cables are available."

So it is the issue with Open Net which is why they have this clause. If only it was explained more clearly.

Update on the Cable Services clause...

"This is provision for One Net, however it depends on whether if the laying of cables by the provider for One Net has reached the development by the completion of the Project.
    If not, subsequent arrangement has to be done by the MCST / home owners with the provider when the service to lay the cables are available."

So it is the issue with Open Net which is why they have this clause. If only it was explained more clearly.
    i see. Thanks for the update.

i see. Thanks for the update.
    Hope you get your choice unit I guess we might end up to be neighbours

Hope you get your choice unit I guess we might end up to be neighbours
    Thanks. Yeah...hopefully I can get it.

Hi Guys,

Are you waiting for the lower floor unit to be released???

I faced the same issues a couple of months ago. I wanted to get the lower unit and hence issued a cheque to my agent. He told me that if the Developer is ok then they will release the floors. After a couple of weeks waiting I called up my agent and he told that they are not willing to release.

After much waiting and waiting I decided to not take the lower units and buy the higher floor instead which has stretched my budget to the max!!!! . So from then till now (Oct 2013) the developer still have not yet released the prices for the lower units!! I really wonder what the developers are waiting for???????

Can't help but feel they missed the boat by not releasing all units at launch. That was when property fever was at peak. Right after, the red tapes kicked in and the fever subsided. Guess now even if they released, the uptake won't be high.

Of course my analysis may be wrong.

oh yeah.....I happened to saw one of the ads that posted by one of the DTZ core team is that all the windows that will be installed in Riverbay is Double Glazing Windows. Any idea is it true? Can anyone verify here?
    I purchased my unit in October 2013. I read about the Double Glazing windows on this forum but when I asked the agent, he said it was not true. Basically told me that it would be to his benefit to agree that the windows were double glazed but there are really not.

I also heard about the double glaze window of riverbay from the management on day 1. That's also the reason why i bought the unit there as well. Apart from that, i believed the management will try to get the cable up for us. Quite hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by dp86 View Post
    I also heard about the double glaze window of riverbay from the management on day 1. That's also the reason why i bought the unit there as well. Apart from that, i believed the management will try to get the cable up for us. Quite hopeful
    Allgreen management said it or DTZ agents said it?

By the time you move in, the agents already forgot who you are....and what they said. Sad to say, without black and white, its good as heresay.

Hi Guys,

I faced the same issues a couple of months ago. I wanted to get the lower unit and hence issued a cheque to my agent. He told me that if the Developer is ok then they will release the floors. After a couple of weeks waiting I called up my agent and he told that they are not willing to release.

After much waiting and waiting I decided to not take the lower units and buy the higher floor instead which has stretched my budget to the max!!!! . So from then till now (Oct 2013) the developer still have not yet released the prices for the lower units!! I really wonder what the developers are waiting for???????
    Maybe they think that they will be able to sell these lower floor units at better price once it TOP?

Hi Guys,

Oh gosh...i am getting the higher floor too...meaning there will be balloting if we both get the same unit. Faintzzz!!!

Oh gosh...i am getting the higher floor too...meaning there will be balloting if we both get the same unit. Faintzzz!!!
    Will have balloting? Thought is first come first serve? See how fast the agent attending to you works no?

I think only floors from 23rd onwards are not released yet right? For the high floors i mean