Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    I am shocked to note that you being such an experienced forumer with more than 1000 postings can get this so dead wrong.

Out of 250 units released, 200 were sold. How wrong can you get...Tsk tsk..
    hundred trees were 80% sold out for the entire project in one week. and d'leedon sold only 200/1715, or 12%, in one week. so who is wrong?

Interlace has been on the market for dog ears and still the first 570 units have not be sold. capitaland doesn't even dare to release the other 500 plus units.

so who is wrong now, tsk tsk...
    Last edited by stalingrad; 06-12-10 at 10:45.

Not fair comparison between Hundred Trees and this project. <1000psf vs >$1400psf

This thread gun powder really gao gao... Phew

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    hundred trees were 80% sold out for the entire project in one week. and d'leedon sold only 200/1715, or 12%, in one week. so who is wrong?

Interlace has been on the market for dog ears and still the first 570 units have not be sold. capitaland doesn't even dare to release the other 500 plus units.

Of course its you...the issue is how many units are available that weekend, its not the number of total units in D'Leedon that matters. 200 of 250 units, thats 80%.

Put it very bluntly to you, even if you have the dole and want to buy the 251th unit, you will not be able to buy it.

Its just so simple to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Of course its you...the issue is how many units are available that weekend, its not the number of total units in D'Leedon that matters. 200 of 250 units, thats 80%.

Put it very bluntly to you, even if you have the dole and want to buy the 251th unit, you will not be able to buy it.

Its just so simple to understand.
    you want to be vicious and obnoxious? No one cares what you agents say. We will not buy. we are on strike. I hope all you agents go hungry.

this project is overpriced. I have the money to buy. but I want to buy something else, not you hdb upgrader paradise called d'leedon. just look at the environs. all HDB. $1600psf for HDB enclave? you think we the rich are stupid?

by the way, your argument is so stupid that I am not going to dignify it by answering. I will just say this, developers release units when there is demand. capitaland can't even sell more than 200 units. why would they release more?

I am not siding with anyone but just expressing my opinion thru my experience visiting the showflats. 200 out of 250 units launched is nothing to shout for, especially in such a big project. Normally developers will release new stacks once the released stacks are almost all sold even within a single day. If this project sold very well, they will have continue to release more stacks (usually at higher prices) to capitalize on the hyped up sales atmosphere. CapitalL only releases 250 units can only mean that there are still some substantial units left to be sold before they are going to release new stacks and thus sales is not doing very well. On paper, 200 out of 250 units launch seemed to be very impressive, but it is just marketing talk to make the project seem very successful. It can be very far from reality as the number of units launched can be manipulated and controlled by the developers. If they can sell more units, won't you think they would want to release more units to sell? Anyway, this is a monster scale project and it just will not be easy to sell all the units within a short timeframe.

just marketing gimmick. so elementary. you think we are so stupid that we can't see through it.

if capitaland were really smart, they whould've released only one unit, and claimed one hundred percent sold, and claimed "thunderous response."

I am actually laughing so loud that my next door colleagues just stuck his head in to see what was so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    I am not siding with anyone but just expressing my opinion thru my experience visiting the showflats. 200 out of 250 units launched is nothing to shout for, especially in such a big project. Normally developers will release new stacks once the released stacks are almost all sold even within a single day. If this project sold very well, they will have continue to release more stacks (usually at higher prices) to capitalize on the hyped up sales atmosphere. CapitalL only releases 250 units can only mean that there are still some substantial units left to be sold before they are going to release new stacks and thus sales is not doing very well. On paper, 200 out of 250 units launch seemed to be very impressive, but it is just marketing talk to make the project seem very successful. It can be very far from reality as the number of units launched can be manipulated and controlled by the developers. If they can sell more units, won't you think they would want to release more units to sell? Anyway, this is a monster scale project and it just will not be easy to sell all the units within a short timeframe.
    Dun be surprised if there are 2 or 3 top dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    they could've sold it more smoothly if the prices were more reasonable. I would buy a unit if the project is priced in the 1200-1400psf range instead of the 1500-1700 range.

Not going to buy, especially given that more than 10000 luxury condos are still languishing in obscurity.

I kind of pity capitaland. now they are stuck on the back of a tiger. they priced the project too high, but they are not able to lower the pricing range now, for fear of antagonizing those that have already committed. so, I will have to conclude that this project will be just another loser for capitaland.

All I did was to input some information that I know, thats all. I did not expect a backlash from Stalingrad.

No one cares what you agents say. We will not buy. we are on strike. I hope all you agents go hungry.

I am no agent...please dont belittle and bad mouthed the agents, they are earning a living and have mouths to feed.

you think we the rich are stupid?

Did I say that...?

by the way, your argument is so stupid that I am not going to dignify it by answering.

Please do what you deemed is respectable and responsible.

I rest my case...Cheers!!!

very seldom big projects sells very well...interlace...minton...dleedon...hehe

more den 500units pretty tough to sell out fast fast

ppl noe tat they got plenty of choice units

just marketing gimmick. so elementary. you think we are so stupid that we can't see through it.

if capitaland were really smart, they whould've released only one unit, and claimed one hundred percent sold, and claimed "thunderous response."

I am actually laughing so loud that my next door colleagues just stuck his head in to see what was so funny.
    I support you, stalingrad. It is just marketing strategy. As you said, they can claim 100% sold off if they just release 1 unit and sold it off.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia
    I support you, stalingrad. It is just marketing strategy. As you said, they can claim 100% sold off if they just release 1 unit and sold it off.
    and even if the developer managed to sell one unit out of 1 unit released, that sale might not be a clean sale either. oftentimes, buyers are just associates, friends or the CEO's relatives. so, did they buy because the project is good and the price is reasonable, or was it just another trick to mislead the public.

frankly, I am bit surprise they could sell even 200 units, given what I saw when I visited the showflat. the carpark was not even half full. how many of the 200 units are really sold to independent, unrelated parties?

by the way, Dleedon showflat over the wkend wasnt pack....i expect super pack pack crowd wor...

carpark majority taken by agts too

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    by the way, Dleedon showflat over the wkend wasnt pack....i expect super pack pack crowd wor...

carpark majority taken by agts too
    really? agents? so those BMWs and mercedes belong to agents.

my agent left 8 messages on my phone on the weekend. that is not a good sign. it is a sign of desperation.

another bad sign is that the media are unanimously silent on this condo. normally, they would comment on new launches when sales are good.

I just visited the showroom over the lunch time today. The agent showed me a few pages that have the number of units sold for the 2 released stacks. Most of the units sold are the low to mid floor units. Quite a lot of units left especially those above 15th floor. I think the '250 units released' is just marketing gimmick, when the entire 2 stacks are for sale.

For Interlace, at least it was launched when there was less competition and buyers were still quite hungry and well-armed with cash. Interlace and D'Leedon may end up cannibalising each other's sales. Quite interesting...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

1700 units are the total number of supply lah. Based on your reasoning that it should be based on supply, you should be quickly selling your Carabelle and switching to a CCR property! Do you know that the Govt has relatively little empty residential land to sell in CCR to build private properties but they have comparatively lots and lots of empty land to sell in OCR to build private properties (on top of HDB flats), sufficient to build 3m units of OCR private properties! That is the potential amount of supply to compete with your Carabelle! It is just a matter of when they want to release them for sale and building!

How can they a CCR property sell at $1200-1400 psf when West Coast condos selling >$900 psf? The price should be about x2, so should be ave $1800 psf +/- which is just right. So far, they are still on target aren't they?

10000 luxury condos languishing? That is small deal compared to the OCR which your Carabelle is located, where there is a potential for 3m private condo units that can come on stream any time, depending on the timing of the seller (mainly SG Govt and some private land owners) and their desired selling price. Are you going to say SG Govt is stuck with all these land and cannot sell at good price hence not selling? Why not you challenge them to release all their empty land for developing condos?
    For people not in the know, as a rough guide, there are currently about 240,000 private properties in Singapore, of which about 30,000 falls in CCR and 210,000 falls in OCR & RCR. 3m potential new units to 210k existing units is like 1,429% more units that can be released!

they could've sold it more smoothly if the prices were more reasonable. I would buy a unit if the project is priced in the 1200-1400psf range instead of the 1500-1700 range.

Not going to buy, especially given that more than 10000 luxury condos are still languishing in obscurity.

I kind of pity capitaland. now they are stuck on the back of a tiger. they priced the project too high, but they are not able to lower the pricing range now, for fear of antagonizing those that have already committed. so, I will have to conclude that this project will be just another loser for capitaland.
    Last edited by teddybear; 06-12-10 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The price should be about x2, so should be ave $1800 psf +/- which is just right. So far, they are still on target aren't they?

10000 luxury condos languishing? That is small deal compared to the OCR which your Carabelle is located, where there is a potential for 3m private condo units that can come on stream any time, depending on the timing of the seller (mainly SG Govt and some private land owners) and their desired selling price. Are you going to say SG Govt is stuck with all these land and cannot sell at good price hence not selling? Why not you challenge them to release all their empty land for developing condos?
    nonsense. with MRT now reaching every corner of Singapore, and with governments putting more and more resources in outlying area, I would say that prices in CCR and OCR with eventually equalize.

Feel free to disagree. If you disagree, why don't you buy a unit at d'leedon and put your money where your mouth is. even you wouldn't buy d'leedon at these prices. hdb hearland is where it is located. my carablle is surrounded by private properties.

Angry teddy has a point, lots of land available, release them all and unleash hell. Fat wish only, aint gonna be.

actually maybe a more interesting comparism will be Scala. Scala was sold out at 1200-1400. d'Leedon now is doing 1500-1600, I think still fair. If it really reaches 1800-2000 it will be a bit hard to swallow.

Just imagine that in CCR that there are relatively no supply, and OCR there are going to another 3m new potential units coming up around existing 210k existing units? Think buyers will buy your old units or the new ones with lots more choices all springing up around your estate?
    Think what determines property price? Whether they are near MRT or supply and demand + conveniency + amenities? If based on near MRT, Woodlands private condo prices almost same as Toa Payoh, Queenstown, and TP and Queenstown same as Orchard liao! Woodlands has their MRT don't know how many donkey years earlier than Hougang and yet their prices till now are even lower than Hougang, regardless of whether HDB prices or private prices.
    Think, think, think. If so simple as you said other people won't know or understand?

nonsense. with MRT now reaching every corner of Singapore, and with governments putting more and more resources in outlying area, I would say that prices in CCR and OCR with eventually equalize.

Feel free to disagree. If you disagree, why don't you buy a unit at d'leedon and put your money where your mouth is. even you wouldn't buy d'leedon at these prices. hdb hearland is where it is located. my carablle is surrounded by private properties.

... with MRT now reaching every corner of Singapore... prices in CCR and OCR with eventually equalize.
    haha u know, I also have interest in OCR, I certainly hope what you say can be true

but reality tells me this is just, well, not going to happen. There will always be a gap between OCR and CCR. For reasons that teddy had repeatedly mentioned. Of course not every one values such conveniences, but certainly many ppl do. And rich foreigners, at least Indos, like CCR too.

The reason ardmore park costs a lot to buy/rent is certainly not because of MRT, right ?

More over, u can't deny the fact gov is really increasing the supply A LOT for OCR.

I'm doing both CCR and OCR. I can already feel OCR is reaching price resistance. CCR, on the other hand, is just starting to get active.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I just visited the showroom over the lunch time today. The agent showed me a few pages that have the number of units sold for the 2 released stacks. Most of the units sold are the low to mid floor units. Quite a lot of units left especially those above 15th floor. I think the '250 units released' is just marketing gimmick, when the entire 2 stacks are for sale.

For Interlace, at least it was launched when there was less competition and buyers were still quite hungry and well-armed with cash. Interlace and D'Leedon may end up cannibalising each other's sales. Quite interesting...
    Do they give printed brochures of floor plans? Or just paper folders from the agent?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Do they give printed brochures of floor plans? Or just paper folders from the agent?
    of course brochures. we have two, one for me and one for my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    haha u know, I also have interest in OCR, I certainly hope what you say can be true

but reality tells me this is just, well, not going to happen. There will always be a gap between OCR and CCR. For reasons that teddy had repeatedly mentioned. Of course not every one values such conveniences, but certainly many ppl do. And rich foreigners, at least Indos, like CCR too.

The reason ardmore park costs a lot to buy/rent is certainly not because of MRT, right ?

More over, u can't deny the fact gov is really increasing the supply A LOT for OCR.

I'm doing both CCR and OCR. I can already feel OCR is reaching price resistance. CCR, on the other hand, is just starting to get active.
    I had the same conversation with others in 2007. I said that the prices in CCR was going to be stagnant, and they laughed at my face. Now, who is laughing all the way to the bank now.

I am not sure what indos like, but I haven't been to orchard road for ages. no need, we have all the high end stores here in the west coast area. I am sure many in tampines feel the same way. so, why should condos cost more in CCR? just because of those enrichment courses. haha, you must be kidding. we have enrichment courses all over the island.

have you seen the event held at west coast plaza recently? you would be impressed. so many kids laughing and sliding down 25 feet high slides. novena square is as run down and dilapitated as one can imagine. why should I pay more to live there.

i visited novena square a few times. One time I saw of troupe of musicians from china performing old chinese tunes on stage in the plaza. Not impressed. only old folks like that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 06-12-10 at 13:44.

you want to be vicious and obnoxious? No one cares what you agents say. We will not buy. we are on strike. I hope all you agents go hungry.

this project is overpriced. I have the money to buy. but I want to buy something else, not you hdb upgrader paradise called d'leedon. just look at the environs. all HDB. $1600psf for HDB enclave? you think we the rich are stupid?

by the way, your argument is so stupid that I am not going to dignify it by answering. I will just say this, developers release units when there is demand. capitaland can't even sell more than 200 units. why would they release more?
    I read earlier that you're a believer as you mentioned you go to church. You a christian? I'm not judging nor making personal attack but isn't it a bit vicious, and coming from a Christian, to hope that somebody goes hungry? Whatever happens to `praying for your enemy'? And agents aren't even your `enemies' so to speak but yet you curse them with no food Did property agents caused you so much pain that they become unforgivable in your eyes that you wished them such tragic consequences?

I normally do not discuss religion in public forums, and definitely not in a ppty forum. But some of the points you raised are just ridiculous. Often times, people disagree with you or do not bother to reply to you but you take it as Singaporeans can't accept differences in opinion when its actually your warped opinions that most people can't agree since we can't even understand where you get such ideas....maybe from the home country that you abandoned

Which brings me to the point if Singapore, and apparently some of the people here (eg ppty agents) are bringing so much pain to you, why are you still residing here? Shouldn't you be moving you and your family to somewhere else where feel accepted and at `home'? Somehow, from the posts you penned, it gives me the impression you are being hypocritical. Highlighted so much -ve points about CCR projects, yet bother to see Duchess Residences, D'leedon. R you trying hard to talk down CCR projects in the hope you can move out of crappybelle and hopefully move to somewhere near NYPS? If your objective is to move close to NYPS but doesn't have the dole, despite the claims of your riches, get those HDBs that you so despised. I last heard even those HDBs goes upwards of $750,000 for 1200 sqf. You will have plenty of loose change by selling your crappybelle.

Why does Patek phillip or other high end brands command such a premium. Sure, the quality is better but enough to cost that much? It's the exclusivity. THe rich don't want to live next to heartlanders. That is a major reason to buy in ccr. It's about exclusivity and the company you keep. Of course there are different types of ccr condos, some a better buy than others

I had the same conversation with others in 2007. I said that the prices in CCR was going to be stagnant, and they laughed at my face. Now, who is laughing all the way to the bank now.

I am not sure what indos like, but I haven't been to orchard road for ages. no need, we have all the high end stores here in the west coast area. I am sure many in tampines feel the same way. so, why should condos cost more in CCR? just because of those enrichment courses. haha, you must be kidding. we have enrichment courses all over the island.

have you seen the event held at west coast plaza recently? you would be impressed. so many kids laughing and sliding down 25 feet high slides. novena square is as run down and dilapitated as one can imagine. why should I pay more to live there.

i visited novena square a few times. One time I saw of troupe of musicians from china performing old chinese tunes on stage in the plaza. Not impressed. only old folks like that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimloq
    Why does Patek phillip or other high end brands command such a premium. Sure, the quality is better but enough to cost that much? It's the exclusivity. THe rich don't want to live next to heartlanders. That is a major reason to buy in ccr. It's about exclusivity and the company you keep. Of course there are different types of ccr condos, some a better buy than others
    good point. then you would agree it is silly to shell out 1600psf to buy a unit a d'leedon to live only 20 metes away from an HDB sea that extends all the way to the horizon?

Den dleedon considered mass market with D10 address? Hehe

I tink tis project not so hot bcoz it cannot attract high heeled investor given 99lh plus hdb...if its Fh, probably sell better at 1800 to 2kpsf