Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328333843 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    good point. then you would agree it is silly to shell out 1600psf to buy a unit a d'leedon to live only 20 metes away from an HDB sea that extends all the way to the horizon?
    Yeap thats why I said in my earlier post that there are other better condos to buy in ccr.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimloq
    Yeap thats why I said in my earlier post that there are other better condos to buy in ccr.
    Yes, there are two problems with D'leedon,

(1) so close to HDB blocks, so many HDB residents would try to avail themselves of the facilities at d'leedon.

(2) with such a large number of residents, it would be impossible for security to control foot traffic in and out of the project. so, any one living in that HDB sea would have a free invitation to use the facilities at d'leedon.

I had the same conversation with others in 2007. I said that the prices in CCR was going to be stagnant, and they laughed at my face. Now, who is laughing all the way to the bank now.

I am not sure what indos like, but I haven't been to orchard road for ages. no need, we have all the high end stores here in the west coast area. I am sure many in tampines feel the same way. so, why should condos cost more in CCR? just because of those enrichment courses. haha, you must be kidding. we have enrichment courses all over the island.

have you seen the event held at west coast plaza recently? you would be impressed. so many kids laughing and sliding down 25 feet high slides. novena square is as run down and dilapitated as one can imagine. why should I pay more to live there.

i visited novena square a few times. One time I saw of troupe of musicians from china performing old chinese tunes on stage in the plaza. Not impressed. only old folks like that kind of stuff.
    Simple, people do pay more to avoid meeting people like you...ok, I'm being nasty. Unless you are being hypocritical, if you really do not understand, all I can say is you are just not in that league that you claim to be. Now, I'm not being elitist nor arrogant, and I have no issue with HDB or OCR or RCR residences.

But for you to keep harping on how great West Coast Plaza or your crappybelle, cf Orchard Ion, Taka, trust me, nobody will buy your warp argument. And to think that you have to bring in `china musicians performing in Novena Sq' and hope this will bring down the image of that place, pathetic. While I'm no fan of old chinese tunes per se, I have no issue when my 6 year old son croons to the tune of Teresa Teng with my mum every Friday afternoon on TCS8 as I encourage this exposure to this aspect of chinese culture, and not just chinese classics that NYPS belt out regularly during normal school hours.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Den dleedon considered mass market with D10 address? Hehe

I tink tis project not so hot bcoz it cannot attract high heeled investor given 99lh plus hdb...if its Fh, probably sell better at 1800 to 2kpsf
    No, I think Hdb is bigger problem than 99lh. when I drove up farrer road,we just did not have a feeling that this is D10. It feels more like tampines.

in fact, hume avenue would feel a lot more like D10 than D10 itself. another reason not to buy into this area, D10.

(1) so close to HDB blocks, so many HDB residents would try to avail themselves of the facilities at d'leedon.

(2) with such a large number of residents, it would be impossible for security to control foot traffic in and out of the project. so, any one living in that HDB sea would have a free invitation to use the facilities at d'leedon.
    Hahaha, er, only cheapskate would think of such a way to make use of the facilities. Please, give the residents who stay in that area a break. I personally know of a District Judge who stays at the HDB %rm point block opposite D'Leedon.

I'm actually amused that your posts/ thoughts actually betrayed your character, haha.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ha ha ha! Somebody saying hume ave more like D10 than D10? Not strange from you since you said West Coast Plaza better than Ion Orchard and Taka? Why developers so stupid to sell Hillview areas at about $1000 psf? They should sell at $2000 psf! Why don't put you put your Carabelle up for sale at $5000 psf in ST Classified since your area better than Ion Orchard?

No, I think Hdb is bigger problem than 99lh. when I drove up farrer road,we just did not have a feeling that this is D10. It feels more like tampines.

in fact, hume avenue would feel a lot more like D10 than D10 itself. another reason not to buy into this area, D10.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Ha ha ha! Somebody saying hume ave more like D10 than D10? Not strange from you since you said West Coast Plaza better than Ion Orchard and Taka? Why developers so stupid to sell Hillview areas at about $1000 psf? They should sell at $2000 psf! Why don't put you put your Carabelle up for sale at $5000 psf in ST Classified since your area better than Ion Orchard?
    at least hume avenue doesn't have a sea of HDB blocks. what is wrong with preferring exclusive, private housing enclaves than public housing enclaves?

if you live in New York, you would prefer to live near subsidized housing with low income families?

Location is most important in terms of accessibility, amenities, etc and not whether it is near a sea of HDB blocks, although not nearing is even much better. In private housing near a sea of HDB blocks in CCR is still better than so called private housing enclaves in OCR. See how much are the private housing worth in Yio Chu Kang so-called "private residential enclaves"? Mind you, d'Leedon is near a sea of HDB flats which are nearing a worth of $1m! If not for the sea of HDB blocks, d'Leedon can sell for >$2000 psf? (and it is already considered to be in the lousier location of CCR).

at least hume avenue doesn't have a sea of HDB blocks. what is wrong with preferring exclusive, private housing enclaves than public housing enclaves?

if you live in New York, you would prefer to live near subsidized housing with low income families?

what is wrong with preferring exclusive, private housing enclaves than public housing enclaves?
    actually, to be fair, this statement is quite correct. this is also one of the reasons many ppl prefer CCR.

... although farrer court is not really "within a sea of HDB blocks" lah.... coming down from town, u see tulip gardens 1st, then leedon heights, then farrer court. after that, u see a total of abt 8 HDB blocks, before it goes to adam rd. I suspect the reason u see "a sea" is because u r coming from clementi/commonwealth. That was indeed a "sea".

Location is most important in terms of accessibility, amenities, etc and not whether it is near a sea of HDB blocks, although not nearing is even much better. In private housing near a sea of HDB blocks in CCR is still better than so called private housing enclaves in OCR. See how much are the private housing worth in Yio Chu Kang so-called "private residential enclaves"? Mind you, d'Leedon is near a sea of HDB flats which are nearing a worth of $1m! If not for the sea of HDB blocks, d'Leedon can sell for >$2000 psf? (and it is already considered to be in the lousier location of CCR).
    then no wonder CCR prices are not going higher, but OCR prices have skyrocketed. does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why.

accessibility to what? to the enrichment classes? no thank you. there is nothing that you can get in your neck of the woods that I can't get in my neck of the woods. my kids go to international schools, and we don't need to live D10 in be close to the so called good schools. my kids come home every day at 3pm, with some but not a lot of homework. they are happy as clams, not sure i can say the same for the kids in the elite school in D10.

some of ur comments really border on the ridiculous lol

Default http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1097533/1/.html

Strong sales at initial launch of d'Leedon condo
    Posted: 06 December 2010 1825 hrs

SINAPORE : CapitaLand and its partners have sold 82 per cent of the 250 units released for the initial launch of its d'Leedon development.

The units sold include 52 apartments that were purchased by former Farrer Court owners whom had sold the development's site en bloc in 2007.

CapitaLand said the units were priced at an average of S$1,680 per square foot.

The development is the first condominium in Singapore to be designed by renowned Pritzker Architecture Prize winner Zaha Hadid and has a total of 1,715 units.

The developer said the apartments would be spread over seven residential towers, with facilities tailored to the lifestyles of different groups of residents.

The residential towers would occupy only 22 per cent of the 840,000 square feet site. This would leave over 650,000 square feet dedicated to greenery and recreational facilities.

Looking ahead, CapitaLand said it's confident of seeing continued interest in the project, especially after the December holiday season.

- CNA /ls
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Ok, up to you to twists whatever you want. I have already said what I should said to warn people here to be beware of OCR properties (just like I said in Apr 2009 in this forum that it is time to buy property when the economic situation for properties is the darkest and there were many gloomers and doomers condemning me and there was even a J-Dog betting his kkj that Cosmopolitan will fall below $1000 psf! Well, the rest is history. His kkj has been chopped). You want to bet yours that CCR will not go up and OCR will continue to skyrocket?

then no wonder CCR prices are not going higher, but OCR prices have skyrocketed. does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why.

accessibility to what? to the enrichment classes? no thank you. there is nothing that you can get in your neck of the woods that I can't get in my neck of the woods. my kids go to international schools, and we don't need to live D10 in be close to the so called good schools. my kids come home every day at 3pm, with some but not a lot of homework. they are happy as clams, not sure i can say the same for the kids in the elite school in D10.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    some of ur comments really border on the ridiculous lol
    ridiculous? is it really. please check how many forummers have complained about hdb residents near their condos using their facilities and causing crowding. teddybear was the first one that aired this concern.

d'leedon would be an easy prey for such free loaders.

Just like those in West Coast surrounded by cheapskate HDB flats and cheapskate people? You should have first hand experience very well because of the poor security in your estate. Why not say is your experience?

ridiculous? is it really. please check how many forummers have complained about hdb residents near their condos use their facilities and cause crowding. teddybear was the first one that aired this concern.

d'leedon would be an easy prey for such free loaders.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek

SINAPORE : CapitaLand and its partners have sold 82 per cent of the 250 units released for the initial launch of its d'Leedon development.

The units sold include 52 apartments that were purchased by former Farrer Court owners whom had sold the development's site en bloc in 2007.

The development is the first condominium in Singapore to be designed by renowned Pritzker Architecture Prize winner Zaha Hadid and has a total of 1,715 units.

The developer said the apartments would be spread over seven residential towers, with facilities tailored to the lifestyles of different groups of residents.

The residential towers would occupy only 22 per cent of the 840,000 square feet site. This would leave over 650,000 square feet dedicated to greenery and recreational facilities.

Looking ahead, CapitaLand said it's confident of seeing continued interest in the project, especially after the December holiday season.

- CNA /ls
    not sure we should call this news reporting or free advertisement for capitaland. a sign that the developer is desperate now.

Just like those in West Coast surrounded by cheapskate HDB flats and cheapskate people? You should have first hand experience very well because of the poor security in your estate. Why not say is your experience?
    no, we don't have that problem. our condo is surrounded by landed properties. the nearest hdb is about one mile away, near the parc condo, which is in a sea of hdb blocks.

given our exclusive environs, I guess I am spoiled to the hilt. that is why I was shocked by how low class d'leedon's location is.

As I have calculated and mentioned before, for a plot ratio of 2.8, almost 80% of land is available for facilities etc. Some birdie keep arguing not possible and even starting hurling insults. There is now such official statement from Capitaland to support my argument. If birdie doesn't agree, go complain that Capitaland is lying and sue them for doing that! I challenge him to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek

- CNA /ls

This is like botannia in D5, one 999 and one 99. Pricing close to double, but this got mrt, winner over botannia, but at current price, should be little meat left for investors. Only for stay.

not sure we should call this news reporting or free advertisement for capitaland. a sign that the developer is desperate now.
    Most of the units sold are MM 1 or 2 bedder types of low to mid floor. Indeed the developer is likely to have large 3 bedder units and those MM units above 15 floors unsold. The developer may rent out the unsold units upon TOP. So those buying to rent out at this project have to be careful...

By the way, there might be another FH property to be launched in the next few months at Leedon area...

Maybe this is the reason why people bought Dilidong?

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/D%27Le...7ve+ever+seen/

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Maybe this is the reason why people bought Dilidong?

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/D%27Le...7ve+ever+seen/

Haha.. perhaps perhaps. Dun forget, the buyers are paying for the showflat.

So nice, must keep open for a long time.....

You and your good friend amk... warped logic.

d'Leedon
    3 tennis courts with 1715 units. 575 units share a tennis court.

Typical condo
    2 tennis court with 400 units. 200 units share a tennis court.

Facilities will be bursting at the beams. And look at that swimming pool - I cannot imagine 1715 x 3.5 = 6000 residents sharing that ordinary-sized pool.

As I've said earlier, had they cut the plot into 6 different condos with 2 tennis courts each and one large pool each - then the facilities will NOT be that stretched. But if you like the 6000 residents sharing that pool, go ahead and buy.

As I have calculated and mentioned before, for a plot ratio of 2.8, almost 80% of land is available for facilities etc. Some birdie keep arguing not possible and even starting hurling insults. There is now such official statement from Capitaland to support my argument. If birdie doesn't agree, go complain that Capitaland is lying and sue them for doing that! I challenge him to do so.

Been reading the exchanges, seem that u personally are quite negative on this project and trying to convince others of your views. Most recent launches CNA do report on initial sales response, nothing surprising, certainly I do not think they are bias, neither does it reflect that developer is desperate. Capitaland & consortium have very deep pockets.

The puny size of the units (2 bedders only 700+ sq ft) ensure that the absolute quantum is quite palatable - almost mass market pricing in quantum if u compare to a good size mass market condo of 1300 sq ft. So I'm not surprised it's not doing too badly. But it is an interesting trend that prices on an absolute quantum basis has plateaued. So developers, esp for those in prime area, just need to keep going smaller and smaller to drive up PSF because at today's market, there is strong "resistance" at $2 million price points.

tv news confirmed 205 out of 250 launched has been sold.

I am talking about amount of land available for facilities when plot ratio is 2.8 (vs say 1.5) and you replying that d'Leedon not enough number of tennis courts and swimming pool not big enough so not enough land for facilities? What has that got to do with the land available for facilities?
    Some very old Apts got no tennis court and no swimming pool but has very big greenery compound all around their apartment units and by your definition they have no land for facility and hence no facility?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    You and your good friend amk... warped logic.

d'Leedon
    3 tennis courts with 1715 units. 575 units share a tennis court.

Typical condo
    2 tennis court with 400 units. 200 units share a tennis court.

Facilities will be bursting at the beams. And look at that swimming pool - I cannot imagine 1715 x 3.5 = 6000 residents sharing that ordinary-sized pool.

As I've said earlier, had they cut the plot into 6 different condos with 2 tennis courts each and one large pool each - then the facilities will NOT be that stretched. But if you like the 6000 residents sharing that pool, go ahead and buy.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sleek

- CNA /ls

there is strong "resistance" at $2 million price points.
    Interestingly, Big Sweep also $2m+, same threshold. Win Big Sweep used to be able to buy 'jia hong chu ', but not in today's context. Think Singapore Pools need to increase odds and up it's top prize soon!

The puny size of the units (2 bedders only 700+ sq ft) ensure that the absolute quantum is quite palatable - almost mass market pricing in quantum if u compare to a good size mass market condo of 1300 sq ft. So I'm not surprised it's not doing too badly. But it is an interesting trend that prices on an absolute quantum basis has plateaued. So developers, esp for those in prime area, just need to keep going smaller and smaller to drive up PSF because at today's market, there is strong "resistance" at $2 million price points.
    actually i would consider these smallest 786sqft 2-bedders as only 1+1
    to be fair developer also provide ample good sized 10xx sqft 2-bedders, no mm units dats for sure

i am actually quite positive on this project. it is at a gd location, has unblocked views in all directions and will dwarf everything in the vicinity and stands out as an icon... too many run of the mill condos these days, even orchard rd new ones r rather bland with little distinguishing factors