Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192429343944 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I am not sure what indos like, but I haven't been to orchard road for ages. no need, we have all the high end stores here in the west coast area. I am sure many in tampines feel the same way. so, why should condos cost more in CCR? just because of those enrichment courses. haha, you must be kidding. we have enrichment courses all over the island.

have you seen the event held at west coast plaza recently? you would be impressed. so many kids laughing and sliding down 25 feet high slides. novena square is as run down and dilapitated as one can imagine. why should I pay more to live there.

i visited novena square a few times. One time I saw of troupe of musicians from china performing old chinese tunes on stage in the plaza. Not impressed. only old folks like that kind of stuff.
    Faint..you and your almighty D5 again. Comparing West Coast Plaza to Novena Square and even Taka and Ion Orchard! I have been to West Coast Plaza not long ago, it is such a tiny little shopping area. Nothing to shout about.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    actually i would consider these smallest 786sqft 2-bedders as only 1+1
    to be fair developer also provide ample good sized 10xx sqft 2-bedders, no mm units dats for sure

i am actually quite positive on this project. it is at a gd location, has unblocked views in all directions and will dwarf everything in the vicinity and stands out as an icon... too many run of the mill condos these days, even orchard rd new ones r rather bland with little distinguishing factors

its location is not bad .. but i do agree that it isnt the BEST location , considering the HDBs there ..

i am not against HDB .. just that i always believe .. if i want to buy a private so clsoe to HDB .. then might as well buy HDB there .. simple ..the VIEW from the HDB is better " GOOD VIEW OF D'LEEDON" ..D'LEEDON pool view etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its location is not bad .. but i do agree that it isnt the BEST location , considering the HDBs there ..

i am not against HDB .. just that i always believe .. if i want to buy a private so clsoe to HDB .. then might as well buy HDB there .. simple ..the VIEW from the HDB is better " GOOD VIEW OF D'LEEDON" ..D'LEEDON pool view etc etc
    many cannot buy HDB leh....i want to buy wor...how?

Yah loh, I want to buy hdb BTO also cannot...sianz

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yah loh, I want to buy hdb BTO also cannot...sianz
    thats a different issue .. its only fair ..since one can afford 1500-1700 psf for a LH condo .. one SHOULD not be allowed to buy HDB

i wont buy D leedon ..simply becos i stay with my principle .. it too near to HDB ..its location may be good .. but i cant help but feel foolish paying that price to be near HDB ..

i repeat .. ntg agst HDB ..

Its like 6 durians in a sea of mangosteens. People will buy and eat. Good point
    Proud owner. Next time firesale to hdb owners hahaha

Many people delibrately buy condo that is near HDB for investment. It could be their parents are staying at the HDB, they are HDB upgraders, or they want the amenities offered by HDB estates.

I have friends who stayed in nice bungalows at sixth avenue area. When they were still studying, they had to walk all 15 min out just to buy a piece of stationery when their parents were not around.

You have a point, but very expansive leh. So they get the smallest unit? Can sell away hdb and buy two mm's?

today's BT makes fine readings. in the stock recommendation section, DMG brokerage commented that they counted only 50 visitors during their presence at the d'leedon showflat. they called the response "subdued."

but in another section, staff reporter of BT called the response good, saying 80% of 250 units released sold.

I would put more stock in DMG's report, given what I saw with my very own eyes. there were more agents than shoppers, and it was a weekend.

Next door, tulip garden, is put up for collective sale. Timely with launching of D'Leedon.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    You have a point, but very expansive leh. So they get the smallest unit? Can sell away hdb and buy two mm's?
    Your question is meant for me? HDB upgraders usually get 2 or 3 bedders. If the whole family shifts in to the new condo, then HDB rent (about $2000) can cover the interest(about $1300), tax (about $300) and maintenance fee (about $300). The rest of the loan just top up from CPF. So it is quite worthwhile. Nobody will sell HDB now.

Got to qualify - above case may not be for D Leedon as it is too expensive.

I think your hatred for HDB housing is extremely deep. Be careful as the saying goes, what go around will turn around.

I don't like the idea of staying in a StarTrek movie set

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Haha.. perhaps perhaps. Dun forget, the buyers are paying for the showflat.

Good one. No wonder someone keep insisting the construction costs will be $500psf based on total credit lines available to Capitaland. Maybe a large part of it goes into this spaceship with the neon lights. Look at the picture - the spaceship look deserted.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Maybe this is the reason why people bought Dilidong?

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/D%27Le...7ve+ever+seen/

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Good one. No wonder someone keep insisting the construction costs will be $500psf based on total credit lines available. Maybe a large part of it goes into this spaceship with the neon lights.
    Also $$ to the world famous architect

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Next door, tulip garden, is put up for collective sale. Timely with launching of D'Leedon.
    Next door FH and selling price is 1800psf.... I dont mind to wait....

Best architect.....why one married the most beautiful wife still want to commit adultery? beauty change with time and age.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Next door FH and selling price is 1800psf.... I dont mind to wait....

Best architect.....why one married the most beautiful wife still want to commit adultery? beauty change with time and age.
    If FEO buys it, you can say goodbye to FH...they will sell it as 99yr

Or 103 years like The Shore

Also $$ to the world famous architect
    Yes indeed. And more. To some really simple minded ppl, they naively think a project's cost is just land plus construction. It shows they have never been involved in a multimillion or turnkey project. For someone who only gets his "knowledge" through google or wiki, or his daily accounting job, I'm sorry but he will never understand the project financing package and its components. This is not your ready credit line. So please dun even try to make a fool of yourself.

And what does the profit margin of developer has anything to do with the merit of the project ?

At least stalingrad is "beating" the project on its own problems. Not some groundless irrelevant accusation.

i am actually quite positive on this project. it is at a gd location, has unblocked views in all directions and will dwarf everything in the vicinity and stands out as an icon... too many run of the mill condos these days, even orchard rd new ones r rather bland with little distinguishing factors
    My feel too. Especially the part that it's the only 36 storey bdg in this whole area.

But capl really has a big problem. LH in the middle of FHs. Too many units. Famous architect but somehow without the zest of Reflections.

I think it may try to do overseas. Say 2 blocks.

lets face it....

this forum always have more ppl criticising new launches.....ANY new launches sure got ppl say might as well buy nearby HDB or nearby cheap and bigger resale condo

i haven come across any new project tat majority of the ppl here tinks its a gd buy

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    today's BT makes fine readings. in the stock recommendation section, DMG brokerage commented that they counted only 50 visitors during their presence at the d'leedon showflat. they called the response "subdued."
    On the other hand, it also said, for 2011, mass market will drop 10% and CCR will rise 10%

Good one. No wonder someone keep insisting the construction costs will be $500psf based on total credit lines available to Capitaland. Maybe a large part of it goes into this spaceship with the neon lights. Look at the picture - the spaceship look deserted.
    having a famous architect adds 300psf to the overall price???

2011 unlikely to drop

no bubble wat...drop also no meat! I LUV BIG BUBBLE

big drop will be like 40% drop at least....

i believe brandnew mass market new trough will be ard 750psf....so goto hit 1200psf

in a way, mkt is really quiet now.

if got $, they are many ways in grow. Buy Genting !!

well, i feel that better plots + price combination had been launched in 2007 than now. hence, more criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    lets face it....

this forum always have more ppl criticising new launches.....ANY new launches sure got ppl say might as well buy nearby HDB or nearby cheap and bigger resale condo

i haven come across any new project tat majority of the ppl here tinks its a gd buy

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Yes indeed. And more. To some really simple minded ppl, they naively think a project's cost is just land plus construction. It shows they have never been involved in a multimillion or turnkey project. For someone who only gets his "knowledge" through google or wiki, or his daily accounting job, I'm sorry but he will never understand the project financing package and its components. This is not your ready credit line. So please dun even try to make a fool of yourself.

And what does the profit margin of developer has anything to do with the merit of the project ?

At least stalingrad is "beating" the project on its own problems. Not some groundless irrelevant accusation.
    Two types of guru's.
    One is professor who knows everything, one is a simpleton. Who is more succesful? Ask Mr Ng.

Auntie and uncle only need one criteria, anyone one to buy from me later. Dats it.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    well, i feel that better plots + price combination had been launched in 2007 than now. hence, more criticism.
    Not really lah. In a forum like this, it's always popular to blast a project. Singaporean nature, everything must be good and cheap

Seriously though, it's just normal. Land supply is limited, especially in central area. If I want to do a nice new project now in Bt Timah, where do I build ? Most good plots already taken. So u either do it at a lousy location, or buy over some gd location at high cost. No more cheap and good. OCR still possible, there are still plenty of places under developed, like Bedok.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    On the other hand, it also said, for 2011, mass market will drop 10% and CCR will rise 10%
    enquired abt the units when i was there with a friend over the wkend!! Most of the Good Facing units snapped up! 80% singaporeans somemore(from news).

i guess rich singaporeans are everywhere!

Smile

You and your good friend amk... warped logic.

d'Leedon
    3 tennis courts with 1715 units. 575 units share a tennis court.

Typical condo
    2 tennis court with 400 units. 200 units share a tennis court.

Facilities will be bursting at the beams. And look at that swimming pool - I cannot imagine 1715 x 3.5 = 6000 residents sharing that ordinary-sized pool.

As I've said earlier, had they cut the plot into 6 different condos with 2 tennis courts each and one large pool each - then the facilities will NOT be that stretched. But if you like the 6000 residents sharing that pool, go ahead and buy.
    it will be nice if its 6000 bikini babes