Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Possible and the spaceship with purple carpets.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    having a famous architect adds 300psf to the overall price???

Look at the showflat crowd. Any hot babes or not? Don't even dream. Most of the time are ah peks or ugly middle aged men or women with children in tow. More like 6000 children with aunties in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    it will be nice if its 6000 bikini babes

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Ok, up to you to twists whatever you want. I have already said what I should said to warn people here to be beware of OCR properties (just like I said in Apr 2009 in this forum that it is time to buy property when the economic situation for properties is the darkest and there were many gloomers and doomers condemning me and there was even a J-Dog betting his kkj that Cosmopolitan will fall below $1000 psf! Well, the rest is history. His kkj has been chopped). You want to bet yours that CCR will not go up and OCR will continue to skyrocket?
    Agree with your view on CCR. Got to know a pretty PRC gal + family damn rich , who is studying in Aust and here for holiday last wkend. Say alot of her friends are looking to come Singapore and buy house here. IF 0.0000001% come here n buy. Think CCR sure huat.

Scroll up and see who was the one who mention the architect costs first.

Scroll up and see who is the one obsessed with the original breakeven costs of the project and went into this madness in computation including bringing up the credit facilities. I just highlighted it was OVER-estimated.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Yes indeed. And more. To some really simple minded ppl, they naively think a project's cost is just land plus construction. It shows they have never been involved in a multimillion or turnkey project. For someone who only gets his "knowledge" through google or wiki, or his daily accounting job, I'm sorry but he will never understand the project financing package and its components. This is not your ready credit line. So please dun even try to make a fool of yourself.

And what does the profit margin of developer has anything to do with the merit of the project ?

At least stalingrad is "beating" the project on its own problems. Not some groundless irrelevant accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Look at the showflat crowd. Any hot babes or not? Don't even dream. Most of the time are ah peks or ugly middle aged men or women with children in tow. More like 6000 children with aunties in tow.
    did see alot of pretty bankers n property agents dressed to kill

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah, so selective quoting just to justify his own standpoint and purposely removing comments which didn't agree with him?

On the other hand, it also said, for 2011, mass market will drop 10% and CCR will rise 10%

Some mass market already hit $1300 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    2011 unlikely to drop

no bubble wat...drop also no meat! I LUV BIG BUBBLE

big drop will be like 40% drop at least....

i believe brandnew mass market new trough will be ard 750psf....so goto hit 1200psf

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Some mass market already hit $1300 psf!
    teddy, $1300psf cannnot call mass! its middle market liao. Share with you guys a pic my property friend ask me to see. See liao quiet steam!! can understand y some rich pple pay for view~

DaytonaSS, you probably got cheated by these labels. The so-called "mass-market" term that I use refer to location, i.e. OCR properties, not based on price. Even if OCR location's property rises to $2000 psf, they are still "mass-market"! (Just like you build a house fitted with gold tapes, diamond door knobs, jewellery-studded walls etc in Tuas, can you call that a "Palace"?)

teddy, $1300psf cannnot call mass! its middle market liao. Share with you guys a pic my property friend ask me to see. See liao quiet steam!! can understand y some rich pple pay for view~

Quote Originally Posted by patricia
    I think your hatred for HDB housing is extremely deep. Be careful as the saying goes, what go around will turn around.

Dont get me wrong

i have zero hatred for HDB ..

it just doesnt make sense to me to pay so much more for a private thats NEXT TO HDB .. if i really like that location and MUST HAVE IT.. i will buy the HDB there instead ..

, my apologises. think u misunderstood my meaning. If mass market condo are selling at $1300 psf x 1200sf = $1.56m . Probably abit out of range for mass market affordability. Thus i simply upgrade it to "middle" market label.

Then again if mass market are committing to $1100~1300 psf ( alot of them ), it could signal that cash "richness" of the middle class Singaporeans. It could be a start of golden era. We are after all in un-chartered waters, Tons of $$$$$ flowing into Asia.

OCR, CCR , as long as in our affordability range, all huat together! most important is probably to stay vested in this game. between 2005-2009, 800k PRs some Singapore, the demand is damn strong in housing. Pls continue to chong ah!! All Singaporeans HUAT BIG TIME!

Not really lah. In a forum like this, it's always popular to blast a project. Singaporean nature, everything must be good and cheap

Seriously though, it's just normal. Land supply is limited, especially in central area. If I want to do a nice new project now in Bt Timah, where do I build ? Most good plots already taken. So u either do it at a lousy location, or buy over some gd location at high cost. No more cheap and good. OCR still possible, there are still plenty of places under developed, like Bedok.

WRONG ...

Singaporean nature is ..if it is expensive ..it is good

SO it must be EXPENSIVE ..

the more dear it is ..the better ..

and to Devilplate ...
    i agree with Property Hunetr..the good plots are mostly taken ..

i did think Nathan suites or Suites at Nathan ..whatever its called.. was a good buy ...

ii also think Residences@Elevyn was a good buy ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    WRONG ...

and to Devilplate ...

i did think Nathan suites or Suites at Nathan ..whatever its called.. was a good buy ...

isit on hindsight?

i believe at any point of time of new launches....'might as well buy nearby cheaper older resale' +'might as well buy nearby HDBs' r always true.....

funny that u say this...... immediate i though of 1 chinese guy. $36m???? Y so cheap, issit haunted?

WRONG ...

and to Devilplate ...

isit on hindsight?

i believe at any point of time of new launches....'might as well buy nearby cheaper older resale' +'might as well buy nearby HDBs' r always true.....
    no

those 2 i mentioned .. i knew there were among landed .. or at least all private ..

i only said to buy HDB ..only when the private is NEXT TO HDB ..thats just my theory ...

in this case D'leedon ..is LH somemore .. lagi not worth my consideration..

no

those 2 i mentioned .. i knew there were among landed .. or at least all private ..

i only said to buy HDB ..only when the private is NEXT TO HDB ..thats just my theory ...

might as well buy nearby cheaper resale condo....always hold! hehe

no

u got a point. MBT if read your post, he confirm will demolish those HDB, build EC and sell at 10% discount on D'leendon price and still claim it "affordable". Skali they relocate those HDB n sell the land! Developers sure snatch.

u got a point. MBT if read your post, he confirm will demolish those HDB, build EC and sell at 10% discount on D'leendon price and still claim it "affordable". Skali they relocate those HDB n sell the land! Developers sure snatch.
    trust me when the HDB is old enuff ..they will do it

look at Sky Ascentia ? or Metropolitan .. they were HDB before .. tored down .. left empty for a few years and sell to private developers

they will do this again ...

might as well buy nearby cheaper resale condo....always hold! hehe
    like what ?

i find those across the road ..on the hotel side too crowded ..
    and not accessible

WRONG ...

and to Devilplate ...

nathan residence u mean?
    Every thing is the same, four walls and a few windows. You are paying for the location and prestige. Paying for your pride. The same fish cooked differently? Get it? Still become shit after a while. Get the biggest shit in your life if u need it. I will stick with smallest shit.
    Have I made a fool of u and myself?

Let's rephrase it this way:
    1) If it is cheap, it must be cheap for a reason! (No doubt about this, good things where got cheap? Cheap and good properties to buy where got drop in front of you and me easily for us to pick up? Other people all dead or brain damaged is it if such thing happened (short of insider-trading/activity)? So, Cheap must be cheap for a reason! Very often, we don't just find 1 reason, there are many many reasons!).
    Hence, OCR properties used to be cheap, so many buyers buying and yet cheap, must be cheap for a reason!

Next we come to:
    2) If it is expensive, is it good?
    We can't say it is definitely good, but it most of the time it must be good, definitely must better than those cheap ones most of the time, otherwise people will not pay this type of price when there are other alternatives!
    Usually cheap things when we buy we don't know and can't tell why cheap even though look same as the expensive ones until we bought home and use them then we know! Just quote 1 very good example, stainless steel water tap. Why buy Hansgrohe's expensive range at >$200-500 per tap when you can buy another brandless one at $50 since both can look almost same and shiny when new? Well, you buy that $50 one, put at home and use for 6 months, you start see brownish-dark water spots which you cannot even remove by rubbing (some time even rusts! Anyway, rusts sure appear much later!) . On the other hand, I never have such problem with these expensive range of Hansgrohe taps even after using for >10 years!
    Now we can see why luxury private properties sure provide quality sanitary fittings like Hansgrohe/Axor water taps, showers, TOTO WCs, quality marbles/granites etc while the OCR private properties provide you with no-name sanitary fittings, homogeneous tiles etc? The former are built to last while the latter are built for you to renovate every 2 years! (Anyway, if you rent out OCR private properties, be prepared for the kind of tenants where you may even need to renovate every year!).

So, CONCLUSION:
    a) Cheap must be bad (don't need to find any reason that it could be good because there aren't any).
    b) Expensive may not be good, but usually are if many people want to buy and fight for them.

WRONG ...

and to Devilplate ...

Last edited by teddybear; 08-12-10 at 08:06.

Cheap ones give you >100% returns too. Expansives are better. Need an example? Hdb and landed. Now go buy that mm now. Very very expansive..... Very very good....

did see alot of pretty bankers n property agents dressed to kill
    Ya... i wish i can know them in-depth...

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Cheap ones give you >100% returns too. Expansives are better. Need an example? Hdb and landed. Now go buy that mm now. Very very expansive..... Very very good....
    expensive equals good? that is a laugh. just look at home prices in the US before 2008. they were at all time high. It turned out it was just a bubble. my brother in law's condo in washington DC is now worth 40% of its value in 2007.

condos in CCR are expensive, but that is a legacy from the era when Singapore was divided into two parts, city and Ulu. Differences between city and Ulu at that time couldn't have been more stark. Now singapore has been fully developed, and there is no place in this country that can be considiered ulu. thus, prices in ccr and ocr are converging, although condos in CCR are still higher. but the gap will eventually vanish, when the west is fully developed into another business and commercial center, rivaling orchard road and shenton way.

for evidence, just visit botannia, where there are more caucasian renters than aisan ones. these ang moh would have all rented homes in ccr in late 1990s and early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    expensive equals good? that is a laugh. just look at home prices in the US before 2008. they were at all time high. It turned out it was just a bubble. my brother in law's condo in washington DC is now worth 40% of its value in 2007.

condos in CCR are expensive, but that is a legacy from the era when Singapore was divided into two parts, city and Ulu. Differences between city and Ulu at that time couldn't have been more stark. Now singapore has been fully developed, and there is no place in this country that can be considiered ulu. thus, prices in ccr and ocr are converging, although condos in CCR are still higher. but the gap will eventually vanish, when the west is fully developed into another business and commercial center, rivaling orchard road and shenton way.

for evidence, just visit botannia, where there are more caucasian renters than aisan ones. these ang moh would have all rented homes in ccr in late 1990s and early 2000s.
    prices for OCR and CCR had been narrowing....but den cannot be equal lor....at least not in our lifetime? hehe

SG is a city by itself...but for eg. London itself also got disparity in prices mah

At least stalingrad is "beating" the project on its own problems. Not some groundless irrelevant accusation.
    he slams every project that is not in his west coast vicinity lah hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad

Rolex very good versus Casio

Natural Diamond very good very man made diamond

Gold very good versus Silver

Cabbage no good (your example earlier on the same cabbage).

CCR needs to go up and up
    RCR needs to go up and up
    OCR needs to go up and up

so everything is up and up. You don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    yes... resulted in crappybella... and a new one cabbagefella.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Rolex very good versus Casio

Natural Diamond very good very man made diamond

Gold very good versus Silver

Cabbage no good (your example earlier on the same cabbage).

CCR needs to go up and up
    RCR needs to go up and up
    OCR needs to go up and up

so everything is up and up. You don't understand?
    no CCR have not moved at all since 2007. that is why I said that the prices in ocr and ccr are converging, before the gap is zero or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    did not slam anyone or anything. I gave my reasoning. what is your reasoning for your counter argument?

don't use london as an example. the outlying area of london is very different from the inner core, where the queen and buckingham palace are. where are our queen and buckingham palace in CCR? all we have in CCR are bunch of boring shops with the outdated retail concepts that you can also find in OCR.

don't even mention enrichment classes at novena square, to save yourself embarrassment.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 08-12-10 at 10:47.