Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6111621222324252627282930313641465156 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tink u hf bot Dleedon rite? with so many residents within the project....u can expect any kind of profile lor....
    Not yet... Thinking of buying....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Compare landscaping and facilities but don't care about location? Might as well buy Johor Bahru new condo that is so cheap and yet with fantastic landscaping, facilities, and even reservior/river views woh!

y bring in the location into the picture? i am only comparing the landscaping and facilities.....feeling insecure?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Not yet... Thinking of buying....
    this project will take a long long time to TOP hor...probably 4-5yrs....we might see a crisis b4 it TOP....

sink in ur $($ got stucked with negative returns) and not yet TOP but seeing some firesales happening is not gg to be pleasant....i hf tat experience b4 during 2009 selldown but luckily the recovery is fast and sharp......next crisis may not recover so fast and furious

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Compare landscaping and facilities but don't care about location? Might as well buy Johor Bahru new condo that is so cheap and yet with fantastic landscaping, facilities, and even reservior/river views woh!
    JB....not the cheapest in the world rite?

pls follow up my posting regarding about CCR comments about gg to Dleedon--interlace--manhattan....den u will understand y i brought in minton into the picture

sian...repeat myself again: i am comparing their landscaping and facilities ONLY
    I knew what u meant. Let's just look at the site plan:

for leedon:

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Actually Teddy is right.... I personally know of someone who shower in the swimming pool toilet daily to save water....
    Actually, Teddy and you r wrong. I have never see such a thing at all.

JB....not the cheapest in the world rite?

pls follow up my posting regarding about CCR comments about gg to Dleedon--interlace--manhattan....den u will understand y i brought in minton into the picture
    why not bring in melville park?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    why not bring in melville park?
    new launches mah....closest comprison and goto have showflat still around rite....hehe

if toking about older projects....got many with huge land and spacious landscape and facilities lor....some got bowling alley, badminton court and squash court

this project will take a long long time to TOP hor...probably 4-5yrs....we might see a crisis b4 it TOP....

sink in ur $($ got stucked with negative returns) and not yet TOP but seeing some firesales happening is not gg to be pleasant....i hf tat experience b4 during 2009 selldown but luckily the recovery is fast and sharp......next crisis may not recover so fast and furious
    sharing the same sentiment for that,though..

1 tennis court vs 3
    1 lap pool vs 2
    1 badminton court vs 1 basketball court
    size of landscaping in % of the site area...

for the layout, 3 rows of blocks vs 7 star high rise block arrangement... the distance between each other, u can make a judgement.

I really feel the layout of dleedon just looks nicer. 3 rows of blocks facing each other..... the distance between them is not exactly great.

Apart from the design of the facilities, the biggest problem of minton is it cannot do high rise. As a result limited space is available for landscaping and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    1 tennis court vs 3
    1 lap pool vs 2
    1 badminton court vs 1 basketball court
    size of landscaping in % of the site area...

for the layout, 3 rows of blocks vs 7 star high rise block arrangement... the distance between each other, u can make a judgement.

I really feel the layout of dleedon just looks nicer. 3 rows of blocks facing each other..... the distance between them is not exactly great.
    & dont miss out those terrace houses on the higher ground
    D10 vicinity vs 'i-dont-even-know-wat-D number' minton ... where can compare

only problem most people's wallet not big enough

Please count number of units in the estate. No point having the biggest land but 10,000 units inside and all can only build up to 5 storeys

new launches mah....closest comprison and goto have showflat still around rite....hehe

if toking about older projects....got many with huge land and spacious landscape and facilities lor....some got bowling alley, badminton court and squash court

One gauge is take the land area and divide by the number of units, it will give u a fair guide how crowded the development is...Actually, not many development can have a ratio or 1000sqft of land area per unit...

But this doesn't not take into account whether facilities enough or not. Example, in the older days, each condo has about 150 units to 1 tennis court (e.g.). Now 500 units only 1 tennis court?
    Previously one 40m x 10m swimming pool to 150 units. Now 500 units only 50m x 15m swimming pool? How to have enough space for swimming with so many units?

Which one will have more space for facilities?
    1) land 800k sqft, 1700 units but built up to 36 storeys high.
    2) land 500 sqft, 1150 units but can only build up to 10 storeys high.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    One gauge is take the land area and divide by the number of units, it will give u a fair guide how crowded the development is...Actually, not many development can have a ratio or 1000sqft of land area per unit...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But this doesn't not take into account whether facilities enough or not. Example, in the older days, each condo has about 150 units to 1 tennis court (e.g.). Now 500 units only 1 tennis court?
    Previously one 40m x 10m swimming pool to 150 units. Now 500 units only 50m x 15m swimming pool? How to have enough space for swimming with so many units?

Which one will have more space for facilities?
    1) land 800k sqft, 1700 units but built up to 36 storeys high.
    2) land 500 sqft, 1150 units but can only build up to 10 storeys high.
    Know which 2 developments u are referring to.

Better analogy to illustrate space for facilities

1) Land 800ksqft, 1700 units but built up 36 storeys high
    2) Land 800ksft, 1700 units but built up to 10 storeys high

what about this one?
    3) Land 800ksqft, 1040 units but built up to 24 storeys high

what about this one?
    3) Land 800ksqft, 1040 units but built up to 24 storeys high

Plot ratio refers to intensity. The one with 10 stories high will have only 10/36, i.e. 472 units.

So Land 800ksqft, 1700 units build up 36 stories vs
    Land 800ksqft, 472 units built up to 10 stories.

Both have exactly the same size common areas, but one will have less people using your car park, swimming pool, tennis court etc.

Which one is more cramped? Still doesn't change the fact you're squeezing more people into the same plot of land of 800ksqft. So what u have more faciltiies? Still doesn't change the fact more people are using the facilities and basement carpark will be more cramped. You cannot keep the number of units constant, because clearly if plot ratio is lower, no. of units will be reduced. Plot ratio does not equate to height alone u know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Plot ratio refers to intensity. The one with 10 stories high will have only 10/36, i.e. 472 units.

Both have exactly the same size common areas, but one will have less people using your car park, swimming pool, tennis court etc.

Which one is more cramped? Still doesn't change the fact you're squeezing more people into the same plot of land of 800ksqft. So what u have more faciltiies? Still doesn't change the fact more people are using the facilities and basement carpark will be more cramped. You cannot keep the number of units constant, because clearly if plot ratio is lower, no. of units will be reduced. Plot ratio does not equate to height alone u know.
    For sure, Plot ratio is NOT equal to Height alone, One has to check if there is any height restriction. Think the discussion is on space for facilities, one has to look at several things as Teddy & U also pt out which is what I am saying, no projects is the same, to compare, u need to look at several factors, number of units, plot ratio, height restriction which may impact how many tower blocks they need to build, leaving space for facilities.., no Apple for Apple comparison..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

Actually have to consider plot ratio and height separately. For example both D'Leedon and Minton have plot ratio of 2.8, but Minton can only go up to 17 floors so there appears to be height restriction.

High number of units contribute to higher human density. But in terms of spatial density or crampness, actual land size is still the overriding factor.

Bottomline is the GFA. This will be a good estimate of no. of units, sizes, etc. This will equate to the no. of people living there.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilander
    Actually have to consider plot ratio and height separately. For example both D'Leedon and Minton have plot ratio of 2.8, but Minton can only go up to 17 floors so there appears to be height restriction.

High number of units contribute to higher human density. But in terms of spatial density or crampness, actual land size is still the overriding factor.

How about this:

Same project, say plot ratio is 2.8, land area 800k, no height restriction, would you prefer developer to :

1. Build 5 tower blocks of 36 storeys high or

2. Build 8 tower blocks of 24 storeys high ?

Quote Originally Posted by wilander

calculating GFA for the two,
    d'leedon land size 838,500 sft, therefore GFA = 2,347,800 sft
    minton 472,378 sft, GFA = 1,322,658 sft

d'leedon 1715 units, minton 1145 units
    a rough GFA per unit works out to:
    d'leedon = 1360 sqft
    minton = 1155 sqft

so i think minton more dense.. see site plan can tell already

take another e.g. Pinnacle@duxton
    land size = 270,853 sqft
    plot ratio = 8.4
    GFA = 2,275,168 sqft
    units = 1,800
    rough GFA per unit = 1263 sqft, still more than minton

but impression pinnacle is more dense, bcos the land size it sits on is small

Good illustration, din know Duxton plot ratio is so high...8.4, probably the highest in S'pore?

Good illustration, din know Duxton plot ratio is so high...8.4, probably the highest in S'pore?
    probably highest for HDB.. CCR ones like marina bay is more than 10 ~

probably highest for HDB.. CCR ones like marina bay is more than 10 ~
    just check URA Master Plan 2008, realise have a plot between Marina View and Straits View on Marina Bay area, under white site...has plot ratio of 25...., if build up, likely will be the tallest here

Due to be launched skysuites@anson at 8 Enggor Street has plot ratio of 8.4..already building 72 storey

Just wondering which condo in singapore has the biggest all time land area?

my guess is caribbean. but its sort of low rise.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Just wondering which condo in singapore has the biggest all time land area?

calculating GFA for the two,
    d'leedon land size 838,500 sft, therefore GFA = 2,347,800 sft
    minton 472,378 sft, GFA = 1,322,658 sft

d'leedon 1715 units, minton 1145 units
    a rough GFA per unit works out to:
    d'leedon = 1360 sqft
    minton = 1155 sqft

so i think minton more dense.. see site plan can tell already

take another e.g. Pinnacle@duxton
    land size = 270,853 sqft
    plot ratio = 8.4
    GFA = 2,275,168 sqft
    units = 1,800
    rough GFA per unit = 1263 sqft, still more than minton

Wow that's a interesting point. Could u compare with the waterfront collection as well? It will be interesting to know if dividing the plot of land into 3-4 development make sense?