Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ... 242934394449505152535455565758596469747984 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2557

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Alamak. Buyers short-changed. Should have reduced the price more instead of wasting on excessive agents commission,

But I must say Capland really put in a lot of marketing effort and dollars to move this project. Designer architect lah, excessive agents commission lah, fancy showflat lah, massive advertising etc. They have tried all sorts of "pattern" already, its only bo bian then they slash price. So early buyers shouldn't be too upset - its really at their wits end liao. That's why its the first project to slash 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Have also heard from other agents that commission for D leedon is much much more.

During the initial launch of interlace, agents marketting the project told me that their commission is higher bec it is a tough project to market, with all the interlocking blocks, need a lot of hardwork and reading to present to potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    to quote what a friend who owns and stays at Anchorage , once said to me ..

with so many units (think anchorage has 600-700 units) :

going to work in the morning is like end of a day in a factory ... all human and cars jamming to get out ...

coming home in the evening is like the start of a day in a factory ... all rushing to get in ...

with 1750 units ... even if theres 3 entrances ( i dunno how many D Leedon has) ... that is still like 580 units of dwellers using PER entrance

While a concern, this fear may be overtly played. The old Farrer Court residents did not complain of massive traffic jams in the area. We should first look at those massive condos in Singapore which have 1000 or so units and see how many of these have this problem.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    not all landed owners are bosses lah. Many still got bosses to report to.
    you say GCB....... those monsters are 30m and above min.... At leedon i think they cost more than that. 1 year earn $1m also barely can afford ba

i posted here a mth ago that i heard from good sources ...

that developer was giving its marketing agents, $50k for each unit sold ...

thats about 5 pct comm ...

that could explain why in DEC 2012 we saw a huge jump in sale ...
    thats when everyone gets smses from agent pushing D leedon so hard

thats the first sign developer of this giant project is a little desperate ..
    CM7 simply forced them to give more discounts...

then again .. i also know developers and govt kwan xi very good ..

perhaps they already knew abt CM7 hence the $50k comm in dec to push sales
    i check with a agent, she say now only 0.5% leh.

The problem is 1000 is very different from 1750 - this is like almost double the problem liao. I doubt people buy this place for long term stay - a 99LH condo built to the max possible plot ratio with no chance of enbloc ever and 1750 units sharing small narrow pools doesn't look conducive for own stay or long term investment (depreciating leasehold asset). I suspect most buyers are fairly short term investors (< 10 yrs horizon). But investors will to evaluate the competition for tenants and potential buyers once it TOP.

While a concern, this fear may be overtly played. The old Farrer Court residents did not complain of massive traffic jams in the area. We should first look at those massive condos in Singapore which have 1000 or so units and see how many of these have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    SMSes sent by housing agents showed that discounts have deepened to 10-15 per cent at d'Leedon, the Farrer Road luxury condominium developed by CapitaLand. They said that prices are starting from more than $1,300 per square foot (psf).

CapitaLand was reported to be offering discounts of up to 10 per cent subject to eligibility since November in an ongoing promotion for the 1,715-unit d'Leedon. When contacted about whether it was offering more discounts since Jan 11, a CapitaLand spokeswoman said: "I'm not responding to that". On Jan 11, the government slapped a 5 per cent ABSD for permanent residents buying their first homes and 7 per cent for Singaporeans buying their second residential property.

In November 2010, d'Leedon units were launched with an average initial selling price of $1,680 psf.
    the agents made the statement on their behalf.

maybe capland ask them to reserve their best price to a select few clients but the agents out of desperation for business broadcasted the deal out through mass sms... lol.

Frankly, I find Reflections at Keppel Bay crowded. Viewed the place a few times because I like the sea fronting and iconic architecture (and bonus: prices hasn't moved much). But after the numerous viewing, I find the swimming pools and gym are always so crowded at all hours during the weekends, despite having quite a few (smallish) pools. So I guess mega condos are to to everyone's liking. And Reflections only have 1000 units, let alone 1750 at d'Leedon.

Old Farrer court only has 618 units, which is around 35% of D'Leedon.

[/IMG]

some say picture tell a thousand words?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Frankly, I find Reflections at Keppel Bay crowded. Viewed the place a few times because I like the sea fronting and iconic architecture (and bonus: prices hasn't moved much). But after the numerous viewing, I find the swimming pools and gym are always so crowded at all hours during the weekends, despite having quite a few (smallish) pools. So I guess mega condos are to to everyone's liking. And Reflections only have 1000 units, let alone 1750 at d'Leedon.
    what is the maintenance fee for a 2 or 3 bedder at d'leedon?

Has anyone compared the equipment fitting and finish of discounted units vs those launched at higher price? I am not sure capitland which further cut back on the already poor finishing.

i run there almost every other evening and weekend 730 morning leh. My fav running route. Always see a few ang mo chicks in the pool only. Reflections occupancy rate is still very low from simple observation. Did u have a boat there also? if not no point buy reflections, East coast stretch more suitable for u. FH, big and private. Mostly private lift.

Not true. Many successful people start work early. Not wait until 2pm.
    totally agree! One good point about being successful(based on observation), they have the resources to choose where they wanna stay so they dont have to join the jam going to work. They wake up early to start work like you share, not to join the morning jam. The minor difference is one have a choice, the other doesnt. dont u agree?

Can imagine how far the sect(the one you know) is staying , take taxi still late. Very good sharing you brought up.

farrer court didnt have 1750 units ...

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    i check with a agent, she say now only 0.5% leh.
    hahha

no agent will ever admit lah ...

my source is from an agency boss ...

perhaps BJ21T may know ...

anyway .... chinese saying

' got money can even get the spirit to grind your beans ' ...

why they push so hard for 0.5 pct ?

might as well go to those new launches which sells half in a day ....

the easiest way will be Kings and Empress ..then to farrer ..
    but during peak hour Empress / Farrer junction , traffic light is not operational ... can only turn left towards Adam direction ...cannot turn right into Farrer/holland direction

or Leedon height ...which is too close to Tulip exit and the slip road from holland ..where traffic is almost non stop ... turning out to farrer from Leedon Ht will be very very slow ...

or Belmont/Leedon ...
    a very long windy (and i dont mean breezy) ... before you reach Holland rd ...

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    [/IMG]

some say picture tell a thousand words?

check with those living at the Sails .... 1000 units... very few drives...

but event with the several elevators... still quite a wait and ... i heard frequent breakdown due to heavy usage ..

the easiest way will be Kings and Empress ..then to farrer ..
    but during peak hour Empress / Farrer junction , traffic light is not operational ... can only turn left towards Adam direction ...cannot turn right into Farrer/holland direction

or Leedon height ...which is too close to Tulip exit and the slip road from holland ..where traffic is almost non stop ... turning out to farrer from Leedon Ht will be very very slow ...

or Belmont/Leedon ...
    a very long windy (and i dont mean breezy) ... before you reach Holland rd ...
    there is cornwall gardens also, that is the easiler road to take to holland road, hardly got traffic... Belomont and Leedon is abit further up. Alot of nice houses all along those stretches. If can afford a house there, especially the one at junction of cornwall and Leedon heights, arrived liao(financially)

I know of someone who owns 2 GCB (one rented out) in the area and he starts work rather on time around 9:30am. Some people are early starters. I know of a secretary who is always late and taking taxis and still late. How early one starts work has nothing to do with how high up in the hierachy.
    that is already late hor. poor employee like me start at 8am

farrer court didnt have 1750 units ...
    farrer court never had MM units

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    farrer court never had MM units
    there are no MM (<500sqft) at Dleedon either.

I think he is trying to say Farrer Court has much lesser units than d'Leedon so is not a good comparison for congestion or overcrowdedness. d'Leedon has higher plot ratio which means squeeze more people and units into the same finite plot of land. So Farrer Court has 600 units and d'leedon is equivalent to 3x more crowded than Farrer Court on the same plot of land.

there are no MM (<500sqft) at Dleedon either.

Yes. I drive past Caribbean on the way to work everyday, and many of the expat working occupants take the bus to work And a number of the non-working ones walk to Harbourfront MRT station.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    For the record I have close friend who owns and lives in Anchorage too. Never hear him complaining this. In fact he likes his place a lot.

I'm not saying congestion will not be an issue. I'm saying compared with Waterfront ***, as the other member posted, dleedon is better.

Btw Caribbean is also a thousand unit project, never felt it's crowded. it very much depends on the type of residents.

I think it also depends on the residents. If highly tenanted with many ang moh expats, chances are facilities are highly utlitised - those ang mohs are forever by the pool side during weekends - whether with kids or rowdy friends - just look at Reflections and their pools - and the condo not even full. So pool and common facilities will be very crowded. If locals or Japanese or Koreans, facilities generally under-utilised.

I think the people most affected by the massive development will be those landed owners. Although there are several entrances at Dleedon, I think for residents working in city central, they will most likely want to use the Leedon Ht exit so that they can turn to cornwall or belmont road before joining Holland. Sure these road is going to jam during the morning and those GCB owner sure is going to make noise.
    With the circle line right at it's door steps and with DTL connecting to botanic garden in2015 residents can head to town by train so I think many will not drive....

Look at sommerville park... Many units and only one road from farrer road... Any jam?

I think it also depends on the residents. If highly tenanted with many ang moh expats, chances are facilities are highly utlitised - those ang mohs are forever by the pool side during weekends - whether with kids or rowdy friends - just look at Reflections and their pools - and the condo not even full. So pool and common facilities will be very crowded. If locals or Japanese or Koreans, facilities generally under-utilised.
    Hi u considering reflections now? I thought u don't like places in town if I don't remember wrongly? Dleedon facilities is much much more than reflections... I agree with you that reflections facilities too few... When saw the two small pools, normal size gym and only one function room, I immediately strike that off my list....

Or else nice place to buy

What is the cheapest 3bedder in terms of quantum for above 15th floor?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    With the circle line right at it's door steps and with DTL connecting to botanic garden in2015 residents can head to town by train so I think many will not drive....

Look at sommerville park... Many units and only one road from farrer road... Any jam?

sommervillie park has own about 450 units ....

it also has another gate direct to holland road ...

Dleedon prices really dropped or just a gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    Dleedon prices really dropped or just a gimmick?
    drop or not drop all I can say is that place will be come a chap chai (mixed vegetable).