Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I thought interlace is 50% sold? They only launch 50% anyway. More than breakeven considering the price they bought the land at.
    not all the units launched have been sold. Besides, you think capitaland would have held on to the other 50% if demand were high? no one has talked about the interlace for ages.

Many of the reporter overstated the construction cost. The break-even cost for most condo is much lower than thought. Imagine Capland needs to sell 85% min to break-even, confirm liew will be sweating..

I know some china contractor cam build a condo at less than 100psf ppr. But the more realistic figure is between 150-200psf.

The final as built price is always much much lower than the initial budgeting...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Anything that sounds vaguely French will be appealing to PRC buyers

BTW, all the bros/sis have spelt d'Leedon wrongly! It's small "d" ok?
    No, spelt incorrectly, just capitalised wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    not all the units launched have been sold. Besides, you think capitaland would have held on to the other 50% if demand were high? no one has talked about the interlace for ages.
    interlace, 590 units launched, 570 sold, 20 unsold
    seems pretty gd result to me ~

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    Many of the reporter overstated the construction cost. The break-even cost for most condo is much lower than thought. Imagine Capland needs to sell 85% min to break-even, confirm liew will be sweating..

I know some china contractor cam build a condo at less than 100psf ppr. But the more realistic figure is between 150-200psf.

The final as built price is always much much lower than the initial budgeting...
    Yes. A lot of leaks along the way. Suppress or inflate con cost to do some book cooking.

update from agent.. blk 11 (closest to main rd) mid floor 2 bedder sold 1.59mil

Quote Originally Posted by august
    congrats. one down, and 1,749 to go.

so total how many sold? agent able to find out?

So wats the psf? 1600psf? I cant wait for public launch haha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    don't get too excited. with 1,749 to go, this project will still be half unsold by this time next year.

was told by an agent, who claims to be on the developer's sales team, the pricing range is 1400 to 1600psf.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 28-11-10 at 14:23.

$15xx psf, but these are discounted pricing only for ex-owners
    public launch shld be higher ~

It will still sell well, as it is due to location.

I agree. For projects with super thin margins due to exorbitant land cost like Farrer Court, developers just need to cut corners from the construction costs to say 150psf to still make a decent profit. After all, they are in the business of making profits, so when margins are thin from the high land costs, they just cut construction costs. They can show u a nice showflat, but the actual thing might comprise thinner walls, inferior paint and lower ceilings and inferior cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs

Will there be over 3000 carpark lots for this project? Each family there owns at least 2 cars.....wait fight over lots.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Nice and spacious, a bit like botannia but location and lease

better to buy double bay residence at d18 as great upside potential.

Quote Originally Posted by tanumy

Quote Originally Posted by tanumy
    He is back...

Nov 28, 2010
    D'LEEDON PREVIEW
    48 units sold at preview
    By Cheryl Lim

A showroom of an interior of D'Leedon at the former Farrer Court condominium site. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM

SALES of CapitaLand's latest development d'Leedon got off to a modest start over the weekend, with 48 units sold at a preview launch for a select group of buyers.
    This was 24 per cent of the 200 units that were available at the preview, which was open exclusively to former owners of Farrer Court units. D'Leedon sits on the site of the former Farrer Court, which was sold en bloc in 2007.
    The units that were on offer ran the range, from one- to three-bedroom apartments. They were priced at an average of $1,680 per sq ft (psf).
    That makes the cheapest apartments - 635 sq ft units with a bedroom and study - less than $1 million each. A typical two-bedder of 1,055 sq ft would set a buyer back $1.5 million.
    CapitaLand on Sunday said owners from 266 Farrer Court units visited the show gallery over the weekend. The developer will begin public sales of the condominium on Thursday.
    A former resident of Farrer Court, who declined to be named, felt the sale prices of d'Leedon were 'a little on the high side' for a 99-year leasehold project.

Liew is in trouble....
    Sell CAPL on monday

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Liew is in trouble....
    Sell CAPL on monday
    is the repeat of Interlace again.. phase 1 release the least desired stacks..
    only subsequent phases onwards they release the better stacks but priced even higher.

dun think ex-owners will bite

not a good gauge so far....goto wait for thur public preview to see the response....ex farrer court owners sure say EX!!! their 5rm flat becomes 2bedder nia....haha

not a good gauge so far....goto wait for thur public preview to see the response....ex farrer court owners sure say EX!!! their 5rm flat becomes 2bedder nia....haha
    Tat,s why enblock and leave the area totally. Come back to pay back? Up to u, developer waiting with both hands wide open. Buy mm 500k can get 3 units fh somemore. Sell 2 upon top ang get a unit for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Tat,s why enblock and leave the area totally. Come back to pay back? Up to u, developer waiting with both hands wide open. Buy mm 500k can get 3 units fh somemore. Sell 2 upon top ang get a unit for free.
    wow...glad to noe another MM supporter here....we r the minority...

wow...glad to noe another MM supporter here....we r the minority...
    Just to satisfy my curiosity.. if you may be so kind...

Have you rented out your MM and what is the profile of the tenant?
    Have you sub-sale or re-sale your MM and what is the profile of the buyer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Just to satisfy my curiosity.. if you may be so kind...

Have you rented out your MM and what is the profile of the tenant?
    Have you sub-sale or re-sale your MM and what is the profile of the buyer?

Thanks
    PM me if u really genuinely curious abt it

Nov 28, 2010
    D'LEEDON PREVIEW
    48 units sold at preview
    By Cheryl Lim
    This was 24 per cent of the 200 units that were available at the preview, which was open exclusively to former owners of Farrer Court units. ....
    This news just confirms my suspicion that most likely it will not sell well. At this psf and location, there will be many good FH or 999LH projects to choose from. This project makes Far East projects look cheap.

but they already said 300 of the 600 ex-owners said they would turn up. so now 266 turns up out of which 48 makes purchases. hmm. still not indicative of how the public will buy thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    This news just confirms my suspicion that most likely it will not sell well. At this psf and location, there will be many good FH or 999LH projects to choose from. This project makes Far East projects look cheap.
    yes, I would rather buy valley park, at 1100-1200psf. I will spruce it up and move in immediately, instead of waiting four years.

Liew is known to be a shrew but greedy CEO. He blew the launch of the interlace, now this. He made 20 plus million in 2007 just because the market was good. Now you know why he price his condos so high. he would laugh all the way to the bank if d'Leedon turns up to be a great success.