Page 1 of 86 1234561116212631 ... LastLast

Thread: D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Default D'Leedon (D10, 99 years leasehold, Capitaland)

Launching soon! Watch out for another EXCITING Condo Launch by Capitaland at former Farrer Court

Location: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...travel_site_1/

1555 units at Farrer Court by Capitaland

Former Farrer Court Condo Estate Hotline: +65-92993342
    Home Page: http://iPropertyFacebook.com

Is the marketing agent CBRE?

Quote Originally Posted by louisebrown
    Is the marketing agent CBRE?
    bro, u are asking an ERA agent whether is CBRE marketing this project?

Default Launching soon! D10 Former Farrer Court

D10 Farrer Court Residences Launching Soon! Register your interest now.

For more photos, details, updates, please visit
    http://www.rss-property.com/view-all...launching-soon

Default http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Breaking%3A+Condo+at+former+Farrer+Court+launching+soon

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Read from a few agents' site, guide price for this launch will be $1600+ psf ? Fair guide price?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Read from a few agents' site, guide price for this launch will be $1600+ psf ? Fair guide price?
    probably for the least attractive units and floor....

Everyone knows this project was en blocked at record price so whoever buys this project will be paying thru the nose, i think can consider some of the older condos around that area better.

1555 units in only 838488sqft of land area? More crowded than minton which only have 1145 units in 115910sqft of land area.

cannot compare like this. Must use foot print.

What is the foot print size of the blocks in project A
    versus
    Foot print size of the blocks in project B.

You will get a more accurate idea of dead space and community space.

Considering the outrageous price paid, I always thought the plot is bigger than that. Only 800k+ sq ft and so many units, it's horrible. each unit effectively only 500 sq ft. of "land". Can forget about future enbloc, EVER.

Maybe they will squeeze in very small units to keep price tag affordable Latest trend.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    1555 units in only 838488sqft of land area? More crowded than minton which only have 1145 units in 115910sqft of land area.

Don't agree. Still doesn't change the fact they squeezing in more people in the same plot with same shared facilities. Higher density living within the same area - everyone ends up having less space.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    cannot compare like this. Must use foot print.

What is the foot print size of the blocks in project A
    versus
    Foot print size of the blocks in project B.

You will get a more accurate idea of dead space and community space.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Don't agree. Still doesn't change the fact they squeezing in more people in the same plot with same shared facilities. Higher density living within the same area - everyone ends up having less space.
    There's a difference in plot ratio right? I am sharing the difference between a plot of land of the same size but one is with 5 block of low rise flat versus 3 blocks of high rise flat. Obviously the development with less blocks would give more common space even though built up may be higher.

Anyway it may not be the case here. Unless someone so free to do the study.

i agree with u. 15xx units squeezed into 36 storey blocks for 8xxk sq ft of land vs 11xx units squeezed into 17 storey blocks for 1.1xm sq ft of land (is that the case for minton?) may still end up with greater open spaces/unit for farrer court's case.

i shall use my favourite duchess residences as a comparison since its nearby. 120 units squeezed into 5 storey blocks of 150k sq ft of land. on paper, its like, wow, 1,250 sq ft of land per unit! BUT, since there are 24 stacks and each stack takes up a lot of the land the remaining communal area pretty packed between the 2 row of blocks where all units will face each other. its the same for cascadia, low rise (12 storey), many stacks, takes up a lot of space and leaving much lesser common areas than it would appear on paper given the plot of land.

There's a difference in plot ratio right? I am sharing the difference between a plot of land of the same size but one is with 5 block of low rise flat versus 3 blocks of high rise flat. Obviously the development with less blocks would give more common space even though built up may be higher.

Let's say Singapore is 700 sq km. Do you think it will feel less cramped if you build skyscrapers everywhere and squeeze in 20 million people? Or 3 million people with combination of skyscrapers and low lying homes? By your analogy, a 20 million Singapore full of skyscrapers will feel less crowded and give better quality of life? I'm talking about density - you're squashing more people in a finite plot of land. Facilities and common areas will be stretched as they need to accomodate more people. If all 1555 household x 4 per household = 6,500 people comes down to take a walk in the only 800k sq ft land, you really get a headache. You're making the assumption that people stay in their homes "in the air" and don't come down and use facilities or walk around common area.

As I say land is finite, squeezing in more people in a finite plot of land will always make it more crowded than what it used to be, i.e. old Farrer Park.

Plot ratio and GFA are the governing factors. Capitaland may apply the same strategy for interlace over at this site given the large land area. It may have a few themes and surrounded by greenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Let's say Singapore is 700 sq km. Do you think it will feel less cramped if you build skyscrapers everywhere and squeeze in 20 million people? Or 3 million people with combination of skyscrapers and low lying homes? By your analogy, a 20 million Singapore full of skyscrapers will feel less crowded and give better quality of life? I'm talking about density - you're squashing more people in a finite plot of land. Facilities and common areas will be stretched as they need to accomodate more people. If all 1555 household x 4 per household = 6,500 people comes down to take a walk in the only 800k sq ft land, you really get a headache. You're making the assumption that people stay in their homes "in the air" and don't come down and use facilities or walk around common area.

As I say land is finite, squeezing in more people in a finite plot of land will always make it more crowded than what it used to be, i.e. old Farrer Park.
    oic, ok

Singapore is really getting cramped. You better be happy with more people on this small island, they help to drive up prices of...what else but properties. Without them, we will not be where we are.

By your argument, all our parks are not big enough either. If they all go at the same time at the same place.

BY current pricing, most people have to work longer hours at work, spend less time in their condo, that would work. Someone wrote in the papers that we might really have a problem if our population goes beyond 6.3 million.

A possible solution? develop islands and go underground.

This is possible as garment have invested heavily in the complex mrt network for more than 6.5 mil.

Possible - does not mean comfortable.
    I reckon no issue to build higher and more dense to accomodate 6.x m in SG.
    ISsue for me is the road/rail infrastructure. We all start abt the same time, many go to the same area (CBD).

Imagine this in the future - population of 6.x m, a Monday, heavy rain (slow traffic), a few minor accidents on the expressways and with some (ageing) MRT lines to have some form of service failure = "Blackswan" transport gridlock mayhem. Impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This is possible as garment have invested heavily in the complex mrt network for more than 6.5 mil.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

According to you scenario, I see bigger and bigger gap between CCR and OCR private property prices (& even HDB flats) as people will try to move closer to central region for easier and faster time to work, to school, to shopping etc by driving and even public transport (and avoid having to squeeze like sardine & stand for the whole 1 hour journey on MRT & bus!)

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Possible - does not mean comfortable.
    I reckon no issue to build higher and more dense to accomodate 6.x m in SG.
    ISsue for me is the road/rail infrastructure. We all start abt the same time, many go to the same area (CBD).

Imagine this in the future - population of 6.x m, a Monday, heavy rain (slow traffic), a few minor accidents on the expressways and with some (ageing) MRT lines to have some form of service failure = "Blackswan" transport gridlock mayhem. Impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    According to you scenario, I see bigger and bigger gap between CCR and OCR private property prices (& even HDB flats) as people will try to move closer to central region for easier and faster time to work, to school, to shopping etc by driving and even public transport (and avoid having to squeeze like sardine & stand for the whole 1 hour journey on MRT & bus!)
    That observation is correct.

However, please note that Singapore is unique. We have statelite towns, regional centers which can be as good as core city (wtih qualifier). That's why u see spike in prices that don't really fit into the concept, AMK prices, Jurong Prices, Tampines Prices. ERP and Car issues will also support your point.

Singapore also builds its rail system like a spider web as compared to grid like nature. The king will be at the center of the spider web, the other small spiders could find spots outside the center. That's why Condo and HDB's in town are so expansive.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I think all regions will experience growth if govt's initiatives are successful.

CCR and RCR will be catering for the City workers while OCR will be good for the regional hubs.

You can see govt is trying to de-clutter the city central by having lower-value office activities farm out to the regional hubs
    like Tampines/Singapore Expo area and intensifying industrial activities at Jurong Lake
    while the intellectual stuff is happening in biopolis area. Aerospace hub in seletar(though this one i am not sure how many workers they need or the size of the industry).

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yap, higher paying intellectual jobs in central region, lower paying manufacturing and industrial activities in OCRs. This means central regions properties will go up more due to better affordability of people working in CCR and wanting to live in CCR while others will prefer to move to OCR, thus helping CCR to be an even better living place with less traffic jams and human traffic. Good good!

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I think all regions will experience growth if govt's initiatives are successful.

CCR and RCR will be catering for the City workers while OCR will be good for the regional hubs.

You can see govt is trying to de-clutter the city central by having lower-value office activities farm out to the regional hubs
    like Tampines/Singapore Expo area and intensifying industrial activities at Jurong Lake
    while the intellectual stuff is happening in biopolis area. Aerospace hub in seletar(though this one i am not sure how many workers they need or the size of the industry).

surprisingly, today's release of URA data showed some details of what could be this project:

An eye-popping 1715 units (most ever in singapore?) of Strata-Landed/Non-Landed Development bordered by King's Road, Leeden Heights and Farrer Road.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    surprisingly, today's release of URA data showed some details of what could be this project:

An eye-popping 1715 units (most ever in singapore?) of Strata-Landed/Non-Landed Development bordered by King's Road, Leeden Heights and Farrer Road.
    Do you have the ura website link? I would like to read-Thanks.. Thought in some Agent website they say 1555 units. Wow, 1715 is 160 units more.

split into MM units lor lol

17xx units...probably takes 3-4 phases.....

phase 1 buyers higher chance of winning ??

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    17xx units...probably takes 3-4 phases.....

phase 1 buyers higher chance of winning ??
    will also get the worst floors and stacks lol

Quote Originally Posted by august
    will also get the worst floors and stacks lol
    duno whether got cheap low flr poolview anot?

this project will be very very high profile...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    duno whether got cheap low flr poolview anot?

this project will be very very high profile...
    for sure i will go look see and kp ~