Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Clementiwoods (D5, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

one buyer agreed to buy my westcove 3 bedder at 671psf. shall i sell? agent found us and offer price to buyer, we didn't ask for this price but it's beyond our expectation. but, opportunity cost is that we need to rent with expected rental of 40k b4 scheduled date to leave sing. headache.

Quote Originally Posted by housewife
    one buyer agreed to buy my westcove 3 bedder at 671psf. shall i sell? agent found us and offer price to buyer, we didn't ask for this price but it's beyond our expectation. but, opportunity cost is that we need to rent with expected rental of 40k b4 scheduled date to leave sing. headache.
    you are confusing me .. or is it just me ...

thought you looking to BUY clementiwoods ? and now you want to sell your westcove ?? and you leaving spore ??

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    you are confusing me .. or is it just me ...
    thought you looking to BUY clementiwoods ? and now you want to sell your westcove ?? and you leaving spore ??
    coz sister wanna buy clementiwoods coz it's new, myself have westcove and leaving. had agreed to sell westcove to sis at 600psf if she cannot find clementiwoods when i leave. now the offered price is so much higher...

what a ride...

coz sister wanna buy clementiwoods coz it's new, myself have westcove and leaving. had agreed to sell westcove to sis at 600psf if she cannot find clementiwoods when i leave. now the offered price is so much higher...

No one will tell you should you sell or not, you decide. You can take the price - $40k rental as your final selling price and work out your margins. You can decide after that.

Buy and sell are costly...

#03-04 2rm 1001 sqft sold at $750K $750 psf
    #05-09 2rm 1076 sqft sold at $770K $715 psf

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    #03-04 2rm 1001 sqft sold at $750K $750 psf
    #05-09 2rm 1076 sqft sold at $770K $715 psf
    how come i cannot find such price. asking prices are higher and so-called nett. and didn't know these units for sale from many agents i've called. where to find more units for sale?

how come i cannot find such price. asking prices are higher and so-called nett. and didn't know these units for sale from many agents i've called. where to find more units for sale?
    Well you could not find because they were already done deal in late June/early July... Now the price of 2 bedooms should still be hovering around $750 psf, from what I heard from some agents. But you are right to say that even if you ask the agent who advertised the unit in Clementiwoods, the agent either did not reply you or said that the seller had adjusted the price up
    You experience such fustration too, right?
    Last edited by Lucas; 18-07-09 at 22:18.

Well you could not find because they were already done deal in late June/early July... Now the price of 2 bedooms should still be hovering around $750 psf, from what I heard from some agents. But you are right to say that even if you ask the agent who advertised the unit in Clementiwoods, the agent either did not reply you or said that the seller had adjusted the price up
    You experience such fustration too, right?
    I searched in early June already. i was searching for better facing etc but didn't hear these units. called many agents, they seem to have the same units now. wonder where to look for more. was prepared to pay that price but the right one just didn't show up. So-so ones that we finally want to consider, agent say owner don't want to sell now, or adjust u~~~p. wanna try 2 more wk then give up, cannot stretch budget forever
    Last edited by housewife; 18-07-09 at 23:35.

if you are not in hurry, wait, bubble already forming ..

I searched in early June already. i was searching for better facing etc but didn't hear these units. called many agents, they seem to have the same units now. wonder where to look for more. was prepared to pay that price but the right one just didn't show up. So-so ones that we finally want to consider, agent say owner don't want to sell now, or adjust u~~~p. wanna try 2 more wk then give up, cannot stretch budget forever

You looking for which facing? I heard the ones left are those nearer to the road. I know there is a bus stop in front and I am sure the sound of bus stopping & starting will be loud enough to wake you up in the morning. So, I would not want those units in stack 4 or 5.
    Yeah, owner may just want to wait nearer TOP and thinking the price will continue to shoot.

You looking for which facing? I heard the ones left are those nearer to the road. I know there is a bus stop in front and I am sure the sound of bus stopping & starting will be loud enough to wake you up in the morning. So, I would not want those units in stack 4 or 5.
    Yeah, owner may just want to wait nearer TOP and thinking the price will continue to shoot.
    stacks just next to west coast rd would be noisy for sure. as there're no blocks parallel to the road blocking noise, i guess noise would come in easily. also see spacing btw CW and Varsity Park is sooo small. also dun like ground floor becoz dun want kid to run out unnoticed. so not many choices. wonder how many 1st hand buyers are for own stay. now we're mentally prepared to give up CW knowing price would rise approaching TOP. CW as a 99 LH and not knowing how is furnishing, noise, windy, nearby westcove/blue horizon etc are not bad choices for own stay

stacks just next to west coast rd would be noisy for sure. as there're no blocks parallel to the road blocking noise, i guess noise would come in easily. also see spacing btw CW and Varsity Park is sooo small. also dun like ground floor becoz dun want kid to run out unnoticed. so not many choices. wonder how many 1st hand buyers are for own stay. now we're mentally prepared to give up CW knowing price would rise approaching TOP. CW as a 99 LH and not knowing how is furnishing, noise, windy, nearby westcove/blue horizon etc are not bad choices for own stay
    Well, prices in blue horizon is also above $700 psf.
    There is a plot of land besides blue horizon which I remembered was already sold. Anyone know which developer got the land and any news about the launch?

Well, prices in blue horizon is also above $700 psf.
    There is a plot of land besides blue horizon which I remembered was already sold. Anyone know which developer got the land and any news about the launch?
    westcove is way below 700psf. not so packed as blue horizon.
    the plot next to blue horizon, heard agent say bought by Li Ka Shing's comapny
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...425294/1/.html
    anyone knows any news? if launch in this market, price must be pretty high.

visited blue horizon a few times viewing unit, visiting friends, and also got comments from cleaning lady, veeeery noisy due to west coast highway, dusty, seaview halfly jurong island, mostly westfacing. for seaview lovers, must tolerate these. so i'm not looking forward to the next door launch. i'll probably choose east facing to avoid the noise

westcove is way below 700psf. not so packed as blue horizon.
    the plot next to blue horizon, heard agent say bought by Li Ka Shing's comapny
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...425294/1/.html
    anyone knows any news? if launch in this market, price must be pretty high.

visited blue horizon a few times viewing unit, visiting friends, and also got comments from cleaning lady, veeeery noisy due to west coast highway, dusty, seaview halfly jurong island, mostly westfacing. for seaview lovers, must tolerate these. so i'm not looking forward to the next door launch. i'll probably choose east facing to avoid the noise
    Hmm, the article didnot say Li Ka Shing bought that land.... It say his company looking for land in West Coast...
    anyway, just curious how much would be the launch price.
    If The Gale in LOYANG can be snapped up at more $730 psf, I think West Coast's psf would be higher...

Hmm, the article didnot say Li Ka Shing bought that land.... It say his company looking for land in West Coast...
    If The Gale in LOYANG can be snapped up at more $730 psf, I think West Coast's psf would be higher...
    Was involved in this tender exercise.

Li Ka Shing > Cheung Kong Holdings > property investment vehicle > Billion Rise > highest bid 110mil > 305 psf land cost > AWARDED

Outbid second bidder Ng Teng Fong > far east Orghh..> property investment vehicle > Tian Hock Property > 301psf.

3rd bidder MCL > 286 psf.

From 230108 to 190308, total 12 bidders, lowest 138psf by teambuild. simlian236, hoihup235, fcl210, allgreen186 & cdl180.

should break even 650psf after dc. maybe launch at 850, maybe only. height restriction adjust to 36 after appeal. but billion willing to pay property tax rather than launch it yet. The newspaper article? come on, cheung kong will say invest d23 if he bite the recent chestnut.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Was involved in this tender exercise.

Li Ka Shing > Cheung Kong Holdings > property investment vehicle > Billion Rise > highest bid 110mil > 305 psf land cost > AWARDED

Outbid second bidder Ng Teng Fong > far east Orghh..> property investment vehicle > Tian Hock Property > 301psf.

3rd bidder MCL > 286 psf.

From 230108 to 190308, total 12 bidders, lowest 138psf by teambuild. simlian236, hoihup235, fcl210, allgreen186 & cdl180.

should break even 650psf after dc. maybe launch at 850, maybe only. height restriction adjust to 36 after appeal. but billion willing to pay property tax rather than launch it yet. The newspaper article? come on, cheung kong will say invest d23 if he bite the recent chestnut.
    It has been more than a year and yet they willing to wait ...no wonder Billion is not confident to get $850 psf as surrounding 99LH are still at around $700++ psf.

It has been more than a year and yet they willing to wait ...no wonder Billion is not confident to get $850 psf as surrounding 99LH are still at around $700++ psf.
    Balmeg court was enbloc in 2005 ... MCL held it till 2008 before they launched ..

agent told me Li Ka Shing bought. I searched "coastal heights" (name of the plot) and only found that link related.

is not about confident, billion just don't bother with it mammoth holding power. I will do the same if my com got to finance the parcel. the property tax & running of lease is peanut to billion. knowing singaporean, even if I let the lease run for another 5 years for weeds to flourish + 3 yrs construction, with a leasehold of remaining 90years, I can still get singaporean to buy at a bigger profit margin comparing to launching it now.

Let see, say 330 units. I will launch 30units on a friday but canvassing a month back to close associate. upon the 1st hour, 30 units will be sold and Sat paper will prepare with Phase 1 ALL SOLD! while taking in Phase 2 orders at backend before informing URA. Some tagline will be "Only for the privilege few" or "Seaview second to none", etc. Artist impression must be fantasic and get good cameraman to go up blue horizon and get a picture without heavy tanker. Zoom in on the park minus the road. never show multistorey carpark on plan. adjust the map and place nearest west coast mrt station nearer as well as nan hua or nus high, with a small print of "not to scale" at the bottom, some dont even bother.

Want better margin could further maximise land use for units as close to not tipping over to apartment status with a poor common to unit ratio. Full maximise of GFA and up to 36storey allow is a must. Follow by carpark, 231 lots/70%. the minimum requirement for 330 units. Multistorey carpark like blue horizon is a must cause basement carpark is a heavy ticket item and since bh is doing it. intercom? what intercom. Anything that not mandatory to be classify as a condo will not be there except maybe wardrobe or heater. but will hire some japanese or italian name designer to come up a 1 fit all design and ask sungei kadut contractors to bid and squeeze them. and may be a simple stove but no hod. common area minimise structure construction, have more cheap items like bbq pit and "fantastic waterscaping" none other than some beautify drainage. try getting it green certify by build more cheap trees and get tax rebate due to reduction of carbon emmission.

carpark width size will be minimum to regulation, suv? stick to it or change to minicooper loh.. don't buy too much gym equipment yet, wait for maintainence fee to come in and use sinking fund from resident to buy. maybe can have a central rubbish chute like botannia and save on slat and construction, eco friendly as well.

sigh.. I think I could go on and on..

utimately, singaporean will still buy and only to come to this forum and only to defend helplessly against all the condemmed... hhahhahahah

I got 2 sms from 2 agents saying that #02-15 last offer was at $805K and seller looking at $810K.

I got 2 sms from 2 agents saying that #02-15 last offer was at $805K and seller looking at $810K.

thats cheap ? if #02-15 is 2000 sqft

pls state the size pal ...

for 2 + 1 study is it?

Smile

I think so. this one is 1087sqft. And it is the one by west coast road....

Quote Originally Posted by amidala
    for 2 + 1 study is it?

Quote Originally Posted by icer_sun
    Should be... the agent said that 2 banks can now much the valuation at $750 psf for 1087 sq ft unit

It was a big jump from just a few weeks ago... I heard from my friend that most bank could only have bank valuation of $680 psf and he has to top up if he get the unit. In the end, he didnt...

Quote Originally Posted by icer_sun
    it is also next to basement carpark entrance

Should be... the agent said that 2 banks can now much the valuation at $750 psf for 1087 sq ft unit

It was a big jump from just a few weeks ago... I heard from my friend that most bank could only have bank valuation of $680 psf and he has to top up if he get the unit. In the end, he didnt...
    Hi Lucas, a casual note. There is too many factors in deciding who to lend and how much to lend and how much could be reprocess for bad debt.

If bank give Mr A an in-principle-of-approval for the indicated unit at $750psf on OTP, it is not necc to Mr B the same amount. It could be 720psf and ask Mr B to top up. And either way, if Mr C buying the same unit at $770psf, the bank may be willing to disburse up to 80% of 770psf to Mr C and not Mr A.

Especially if Mr C has 2 Rivergate + 2 Sail all covering a positive equity of 20% and likewise if Mr B already have a superb leverage of Gear up "to no where".

The maverick at branch or mobile banker could give you the sky to get the numbers, but it the senior back at hq with information technology power + hefty subscription tracking one ligation, bank account & creditworthiness + xxx reasons signing the approval.

Hi Lucas, a casual note. There is too many factors in deciding who to lend and how much to lend and how much could be reprocess for bad debt.

If bank give Mr A an in-principle-of-approval for the indicated unit at $750psf on OTP, it is not necc to Mr B the same amount. It could be 720psf and ask Mr B to top up. And either way, if Mr C buying the same unit at $770psf, the bank may be willing to disburse up to 80% of 770psf to Mr C and not Mr A.

Especially if Mr C has 2 Rivergate + 2 Sail all covering a positive equity of 20% and likewise if Mr B already have a superb leverage of Gear up "to no where".

The maverick at branch or mobile banker could give you the sky to get the numbers, but it the senior back at hq with information technology power + hefty subscription tracking one ligation, bank account & creditworthiness + xxx reasons signing the approval.
    I thought that the amount the bank going to loan(whether 80% or 90%) to Mr A or Mr B will depends on how much they earn?
    As for the Valuation of an unit, it will depends mainly on surrounding transacted price of similiar unit?

I thought that the amount the bank going to loan(whether 80% or 90%) to Mr A or Mr B will depends on how much they earn?
    As for the Valuation of an unit, it will depends mainly on surrounding transacted price of similiar unit?
    You are right on the factors. But again it only some of the deciding factors. There is a great differences between secure loan and unsecure loan.

Those "ask James get ezy cash" typically refer to unsecure loan carrying higher interest. Secure loan are also know as secure mortgage loan or pledging loan. The approach could be gear-up as well.

Examples of secure loan: (Take note, anything to do with HDB do NOT apply here)

Mr A - 40 somethings, currently holding a private property value at 600k with 400k outstanding loan. The positive equity at 200k, no other liabilities except car loan. Combine hubby+wife(+1kid) household income per month 15k of disposable. Want to do a gear-up of 100k to assist downpayment in another property (Do a gear-up rather than recognizing the capital appreciation because betting it value will shoot pass 600k and rental yield could cover gear-up incurred interest. Note that existing 400k loan is still cover by monthly CPF-OA contribution ). New condo gonna owner-occupied. Old condo rental.

Mr B - 60. Retired lecturer. No monthly fix income other than some minor investment returns, some savings. Own 50,000 shares of UOB IPO price of $1. And a fully paid-up thomson landed teacher estate. Pledging securities of last 20 days average closing price-10% and land title deed (Note, land title not strata title). New condo gonna owner occupied. Old landed awaiting targeted price for capital appreciation.

All these data will input to the risk matrix + ligation + valuation of the property + company return and, I will tell you Mr B have higher in-principal loan amount than Mr A even though A earn more. See what I'm trying to say. If you are the bank, which want carry higher risk of defaulting AND if defaulted, which one ensure the bank have a better chance of reprocessing even with a marginal profit after catering auctionner and which one may have to write off the bad debt?

for valuation we leave it to panel which consist a bunch of sisv certifed value house or in-house panel. land we get certified surveyor. to many deciding factors on top of surrounding price and tons for land up till road widening possibilities. land surveying generally cater to developer/builder financing. finish landed estate park with condo valuers as well less GCB and some better off landed.

You are right on the factors. But again it only some of the deciding factors. There is a great differences between secure loan and unsecure loan.

Those "ask James get ezy cash" typically refer to unsecure loan carrying higher interest. Secure loan are also know as secure mortgage loan or pledging loan. The approach could be gear-up as well.

Examples of secure loan: (Take note, anything to do with HDB do NOT apply here)

Mr A - 40 somethings, currently holding a private property value at 600k with 400k outstanding loan. The positive equity at 200k, no other liabilities except car loan. Combine hubby+wife(+1kid) household income per month 15k of disposable. Want to do a gear-up of 100k to assist downpayment in another property (Do a gear-up rather than recognizing the capital appreciation because betting it value will shoot pass 600k and rental yield could cover gear-up incurred interest. Note that existing 400k loan is still cover by monthly CPF-OA contribution ). New condo gonna owner-occupied. Old condo rental.

Mr B - 60. Retired lecturer. No monthly fix income other than some minor investment returns, some savings. Own 50,000 shares of UOB IPO price of $1. And a fully paid-up thomson landed teacher estate. Pledging securities of last 20 days average closing price-10% and land title deed (Note, land title not strata title). New condo gonna owner occupied. Old landed awaiting targeted price for capital appreciation.

All these data will input to the risk matrix + ligation + valuation of the property + company return and, I will tell you Mr B have higher in-principal loan amount than Mr A even though A earn more. See what I'm trying to say. If you are the bank, which want carry higher risk of defaulting AND if defaulted, which one ensure the bank have a better chance of reprocessing even with a marginal profit after catering auctionner and which one may have to write off the bad debt?

for valuation we leave it to panel which consist a bunch of sisv certifed value house or in-house panel. land we get certified surveyor. to many deciding factors on top of surrounding price and tons for land up till road widening possibilities. land surveying generally cater to developer/builder financing. finish landed estate park with condo valuers as well less GCB and some better off landed.
    Thanks for the insight on how the bank evaluate a borrower.
    BTW, why different bank or rather sisv certified value house panel gives different valuation to the same property. The range can be quite wide.
    I have received something like $680 psf, $690 psf and $700 psf for same property unit before. So, may veiw is that if the bank want your money, somehow some bank can still give you higher valuation... Is this correct?