Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328333843 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

far east might take their centro out to sell again soon by the looks of this...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    far east might take their centro out to sell again soon by the looks of this...
    You can bet on it...

This condo has all that i have been looking for, plus next to my parents' place... except for the price and cheating layout....sad.

tiny mini rooms - can fit only single bed - too much planter wasted space

buy now - TOP - take key - then cry....

Quote Originally Posted by ppty
    tiny mini rooms - can fit only single bed - too much planter wasted space

buy now - TOP - take key - then cry....
    We heard your statement many times, but in most of the time, buyers cried in happy tears.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    This condo has all that i have been looking for, plus next to my parents' place... except for the price and cheating layout....sad.
    why cheating layout. i didn't grew up there so i won't appreciate the neighbourhood as much as you probably but i thought the reservoir view is pretty good.

Approx 212 out of 262 units in phase 1 was sold, according to latest update. Looks like the sales is encouraging tho criticism keeps flooding in.

why cheating layout. i didn't grew up there so i won't appreciate the neighbourhood as much as you probably but i thought the reservoir view is pretty good.
    Probably what he means is that the size of balcony is big. However it all depends on individual. Some actually prefer to have a balcony esp in high floor. Imaging you relaxing infront of the balcony reading newspaper in a windy night.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    Approx 212 out of 262 units in phase 1 was sold, according to latest update. Looks like the sales is encouraging tho criticism keeps flooding in.
    what's the average price for the 3 bedroom?

the view outside my apt now in NY Manhattan is also very very nice ... Hudson river + central Park ...and right now ..the snow makes the view even nicer ..

I am 5 mins walk from 5th Ave, Madison Ave .. 1243 sqft 2 bedroom ..cost about same same as River Valley 1200 sqft condo , with HUGE balcony and planters ...

so how ?

Singapore Vs New York ...

Trying to be cosmopolitan Vs Already cosmopolitan

which has more upside ?

what's the average price for the 3 bedroom?
    Average price for 3 bedder is approx 950K+ facing the reservior.
    right now stack 21 is the 3 bedders facing reservior, but left only 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor. 4th to 16th floor all sold out. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    the view outside my apt now in NY Manhattan is also very very nice ... Hudson river + central Park ...and right now ..the snow makes the view even nicer ..

I am 5 mins walk from 5th Ave, Madison Ave .. 1243 sqft 2 bedroom ..cost about same same as River Valley 1200 sqft condo , with HUGE balcony and planters ...

so how ?

Trying to be cosmopolitan Vs Already cosmopolitan

which has more upside ?
    Sometimes, investors don't just go for the view. Other factors like stability of the country, safe (low crime rate) and job opportunities are reasons why they would want to invest in Singapore's properties. Why dont you compare NY's crime rate with singapore. Which place is safer to stay?

If you buy land in Indonesia or India, probably for that amount, you can buy 2 soccer field of land to build your own house and get 10 maids, better than your so called NY manhattan snow view right. As least you are the king there. So how to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    Sometimes, investors don't just go for the view. Other factors like stability of the country, safe (low crime rate) and job opportunities are reasons why they would want to invest in Singapore's properties. Why dont you compare NY's crime rate with singapore. Which place is safer to stay?

If you buy land in Indonesia or India, probably for that amount, you can buy 2 soccer field of land to build your own house and get 10 maids, better than your so called NY manhattan snow view right. As least you are the king there. So how to compare?
    i agree to some points ..

but if one can afford , to pay for security, stability why not ..

fact remains in spore .. salary cannot catch up with inflation

so why indonesians buy spore properties and yet remain yes indonesian ?

same for taiwanese, HK etc etc

investors are opportunists ..where they can make money, they will say its good .. if USA recovers tomorrow ..you think they will not jump back in ? and liquidate spore ?

i for sure wouldnt want to even stay in a country where gun ownership is lawful and everyday when you step into a public place, be it the grocery store or a supermarket, u run into the risk of being gunned down. The exposure to terrorist attacks in the US or even racist attacks by white supremacists is very high. The worst part is even when u get murdered in a place like US, your body will never be found, a really scary thought. There are so many lost and missing people in the states everyday and one can only imagine the fate of these people in the hands of serial murderers who may or may not be racists.

I can do without being near to madison square garden or hudson river coz my primary concern is to live in a safe environment where walking in the streets at midnite would be safe...

i agree to some points ..

but if one can afford , to pay for security, stability why not ..

fact remains in spore .. salary cannot catch up with inflation

so why indonesians buy spore properties and yet remain yes indonesian ?

same for taiwanese, HK etc etc

investors are opportunists ..where they can make money, they will say its good .. if USA recovers tomorrow ..you think they will not jump back in ? and liquidate spore ?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    What cheating layout? I thought balcony area is where life actually happened.

But I would prefer bedok reservior view(Waterfront waves, key), and the neighbourhood seems younger. Yishun very old estate leh. But both location really not good, the road along the balcony is all so noisy, and they are not really near to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i for sure wouldnt want to even stay in a country where gun ownership is lawful and everyday when you step into a public place, be it the grocery store or a supermarket, u run into the risk of being gunned down. The exposure to terrorist attacks in the US or even racist attacks by white supremacists is very high. The worst part is even when u get murdered in a place like US, your body will never be found, a really scary thought. There are so many lost and missing people in the states everyday and one can only imagine the fate of these people in the hands of serial murderers who may or may not be racists.

I can do without being near to madison square garden or hudson river coz my primary concern is to live in a safe environment where walking in the streets at midnite would be safe...
    i am only coming from the point that singapore is NOT THERE yet in many areas ( compared to major cities) ...but has already started charging the people THERE prices ..

singapore's growth is already faster than a bullet train considering we only have a history of less than half a century in nation building. Even HK has a more than a 100 years to be what it is today and so for a young nation, we are doing pretty well. The very first batch of buildings in singapore have not even reached its full lease 99year lease yet so we do have a long way to go when it comes to property prices. If you think that our prices are There, I can only say that our prices have a long way to go before we reach our true peak.

i am only coming from the point that singapore is NOT THERE yet in many areas ( compared to major cities) ...but has already started charging the people THERE prices ..

singapore's growth is already faster than a bullet train considering we only have a history of less than half a century in nation building. Even HK has a more than a 100 years to be what it is today and so for a young nation, we are doing pretty well. The very first batch of buildings in singapore have not even reached its full lease 99year lease yet so we do have a long way to go when it comes to property prices. If you think that our prices are There, I can only say that our prices have a long way to go before we reach our true peak.
    i am comparing singapore as a first world city , and its pricing ...

in many areas we are not even close ..

if there is a checklist to being first world, it will be interesting to see how many boxes are ticked for singapore ...

if for every Tick, we pay 100 psf
    if spore gets 20 boxes ticked then its 2000 psf

i suspect we are only 15/30 ... yet we are paying very high price for non prime districts ... thats my view ...

if like how you think we should be now ..then we should all just close our eyes and buy the cheapest ..like marseilling/ tuas/pungol/etc etc ... it will be 1500 - 2000 psf when we reach true peak for fringe location

Quote Originally Posted by bitebite

But I would prefer bedok reservior view(Waterfront waves, key), and the neighbourhood seems younger. Yishun very old estate leh. But both location really not good, the road along the balcony is all so noisy, and they are not really near to anything.
    Cheating in the sense of big non payable areas by developers sold as payable area to you the buyer... i.e Balcony & Bay windows. However, newer developments would not have that problem as these concessions are removed or swtich to some other concessions.

Balcony area is the area used for hanging cloths... see what happens after the buyers are used to the view, they just use the area to sun their cloths or place some plants to block the noise.

Anyway to be fair, this could be by far the best condo in Yishun... and the latest... so it will sell if marketed at a value pricing of average $750. Some analayst had stated that the break even price is $680 psf... so if you can take developer's margin of $50 to $200.. it would probably sell well or sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Cheating in the sense of big non payable areas by developers sold as payable area to you the buyer... i.e Balcony & Bay windows. However, newer developments would not have that problem as these concessions are removed or swtich to some other concessions.

Balcony area is the area used for hanging cloths... see what happens after the buyers are used to the view, they just use the area to sun their cloths or place some plants to block the noise.

Anyway to be fair, this could be by far the best condo in Yishun... and the latest... so it will sell if marketed at a value pricing of average $750. Some analayst had stated that the break even price is $680 psf... so if you can take developer's margin of $50 to $200.. it would probably sell well or sell out.
    there will never be a perfect condo or a perfect unit. u just have to prioritise the factors u feel are important and consider whether u can live with the negative points. if so, then buy it, live long and be happy. if u can't abide the negative points, then no point forcing yourself. there will always be a more suitable property somewhere else. once u find it, u will not regret not buying the earlier one....

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    there will never be a perfect condo or a perfect unit. u just have to prioritise the factors u feel are important and consider whether u can live with the negative points. if so, then buy it, live long and be happy. if u can't abide the negative points, then no point forcing yourself. there will always be a more suitable property somewhere else. once u find it, u will not regret not buying the earlier one....
    Hi Karen

Been a while since you have posted. Anyway welcome back.

Yes, I agree with your statement. It's like choosing girlfriends/wife and vice versa...

However, some things can be upgraded while some things cannot be changed without a huge cost... Decisions, Decisions and Decisions... can be hard to make or very easy to make..

Always live within your means is the way towards happiness..then there will be harmony in the house...

so how ?

which has more upside ?
    Singapore, of course. NY ? Not even close.

Apart from what Regulators mentioned abt the life in US (which I agree), there is a very specific Asia factor, especially in Singapore/HK. Asia City's population density is far far higher than US/Europe. For every 1M price home in one location, there are probably 100,000 potential willing buyers in SG/HK, but maybe 1,000 buyers in Europe/US.

It's not abt who is more "cosmopolitan". It's about growth.

Singapore is the only stable economy/country in this region. Why all the Malaysians/Indonesians/Indians/Chinese/Myanmar generals/Vietnam party officials/etc buy properties in Singapore ?

Just like when you buy stocks, you dun look at the "price" of a stock. You look at the value and growth. (Is GOOG US at US$526 "too expensive" ?)

Asian property market has always been way ahead of Europe/US, simply because of the specific geometric location, political situation (a few rich spots on a large land) and the huge population. And the fact that it has far less regulations on property market. Huge upside is always possible in emerging market, not in a stable one.

Quote Originally Posted by bitebite

yes, it's true. there's a 6 lane road infront -very noisy! went a few weeks back to check it out. waterfront waves/key is much quieter.

Asian property market has always been way ahead of Europe/US, simply because of the specific geometric location, political situation (a few rich spots on a large land) and the huge population. And the fact that it has far less regulations on property market. Huge upside is always possible in emerging market, not in a stable one.[/quote]

can u elaborate SPECIFIC GEOMETRIC LOCATION ?

what advantage does singapore have being where is it ?

bro, it is in the history books lah...

Asian property market has always been way ahead of Europe/US, simply because of the specific geometric location, political situation (a few rich spots on a large land) and the huge population. And the fact that it has far less regulations on property market. Huge upside is always possible in emerging market, not in a stable one.

what advantage does singapore have being where is it ?[/quote]

what advantage does singapore have being where is it ?
    The only stable place in this region for all the surrounding countries, whose rich elites (with questionable source of fortune you may say) can safely buy a nice home for themselves and as investment, without the worry of being cheated, robbed, confiscated, burned, stolen, etc.

[quote=Regulators]bro, it is in the history books lah...

sorry i am stupid never went to school

whats in the history books ?

Singapore's excellent geographic location and centre for trade and commerce and since the early days of singapore, we have attracted immigrants, traders and businessmen from all parts of the world to Singapore, creating this vibrant multiracial and multicultural society we have today. The rest of the stuff about how our forefathers developed singapore from third world to first world and why the British colonised Singapore, you can read it in the textbook on Southeast Asian History.

[quote=proud owner]
    bro, it is in the history books lah...

sorry i am stupid never went to school

whats in the history books ?

Exclamation

This should be the site to talk about the sales of Estuary, not some history crap. If you dunno, go read up your history text or fnd from internet. Let us not side track!