Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

orchid park looks like those 1-2room rental HDB flat built 30 yrs ago. Very old and torn down. How come the management didnt do anything abt it?

The Estuary vs Waterfront Gold/Key/Waves. Which have higher potential?

Housing is getting expensive in Singapore... so, both also have potential...

Many are actually waiting for the announcement of DTL3. If one of the stations is near to the Waterfront Key/Waves, their value will be unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The Estuary vs Waterfront Gold/Key/Waves. Which have higher potential?

You must think about who is going to buy from you come TOP? Is HDB resale transaction at Yishun/Khatib high enough?

Potong Pasir got HDB upgraders from McNair Road, Bedok area got expensive seaview HDB flats, Simei got 4th uni / changi biz park coming up to push up HDB prices, Yishun may be nurses from the new hospital only

Look at Pasir Ris, still stuck at 600+psf while other areas have gone up by at least 20%

they said garmen is revamping the perimeter of the reservoir into a new lifestyle zone - that could help to push up the appeal of the area. I suspect Yishun area has been undervalued for a while now, it may not get expensive soon but it definitely won't go down in value for sure.

The nearby condos / HDB will get a boost in psf value by Estuary especially if it sells well, which we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2010
    orchid park looks like those 1-2room rental HDB flat built 30 yrs ago. Very old and torn down. How come the management didnt do anything abt it?
    Hmm...I have never been there but looking at photos taken at google earth, it isn't that bad leh. Doesn't look like 1-2room rental HDB built 30 yrs ago at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Hmm...I have never been there but looking at photos taken at google earth, it isn't that bad leh. Doesn't look like 1-2room rental HDB built 30 yrs ago at all.
    It's at least condo-like with its security guardroom. But overall looks very old once u get inside. Quite comparable to all those aged housings that u see in other district e.g. D19. That's why I guess many of the residents there are happy to see the Estuary and would hope for Estuary to be priced as premium, as it will help to boost the price of OP. Else think it is quite difficult to sell. Mostly for rent only.

Quote Originally Posted by kinko123
    It's at least condo-like with its security guardroom. But overall looks very old once u get inside. Quite comparable to all those aged housings that u see in other district e.g. D19. That's why I guess many of the residents there are happy to see the Estuary and would hope for Estuary to be priced as premium, as it will help to boost the price of OP. Else think it is quite difficult to sell. Mostly for rent only.
    Although OP looks old ( maybe need some facelift ), but the blocks are far apart. You can feel that the compound is very spacious. Unlike Emerald/Saphire, you fell very cramped when you go in the condo. The building are close to each other and the walking path are very squeezy.

Man! U sure sounds eager to sell The Estuary

Try taking the PIE next time from Tampines. exit either CTE or Stevens. Hope u are able to get to town pretty fast in future . and from for Rosewood Drive, enter the Woodlands exit and drive a little bit faster than u normally do, say about 100kph (still within "legal" limits ). Think u can reach town pretty fast too since it is only say 4-5 mins away from the Lentor exit.
    Correction - it took me just 16 minutes to reach Orchard from Khatib on Sunday at 10am. There is no way it takes 16 minutes from Tampines or even Woodlands. In 2 1/2 minutes you can get from The Estuary location to the entrance of SLE/CTE. It takes 10 minutes to drive from Rosewood in Woodlands (especially if you get stuck at the major traffic junction) to drive to the same point on SLE/CTE where the vehicles from Khatib will be entering it.
    I am not supporting The Estuary as I find it overpriced. I am enjoying a better view than that from The Estuary at Orchid Park in a 1808sq ft apt that will cost lesser than than a 1100sq ft apt at The Estuary.
    I am just a strong supporter of the location as it is grossly underrated in terms of convenience.

Orchid Park is a 15 year old apt and the age shows. It has been made worst since the management in the early days did not enforece controls in standardinsing the windows/grilles to be installed at the balcony.

It is due for painting now which should be done by end of this year. The place is slowly being upgraded . The pool tiles have been changed, etc. It will never ever look like a new condo no matter what upgrading is done. But walk through its landscaped grounds, and then you will realise you will never find anything as spacious and relaxing in the newer condos. Anyway it is so much cheaper than The Estuary. For the kind of space, scenery , conveneince and low price I can't complain. There are so many parking lots that there are owners with 4 cars and still pay the same maintenance fees and half the parking lots remain empty.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Talk of grossly overpriced for justifying view makes me remember some so-called bay-view condos asking for $3k psf! The view of Estuary is actually fantastic and the environment very green and friendly (if we don't consider the location). As such, the so-called bay-view condos have no advantage as to the view nor to its location as compared to other condos in D9-D11. Ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Correction - it took me just 16 minutes to reach Orchard from Khatib on Sunday at 10am. There is no way it takes 16 minutes from Tampines or even Woodlands. In 2 1/2 minutes you can get from The Estuary location to the entrance of SLE/CTE. It takes 10 minutes to drive from Rosewood in Woodlands (especially if you get stuck at the major traffic junction) to drive to the same point on SLE/CTE where the vehicles from Khatib will be entering it.
    I am not supporting The Estuary as I find it overpriced. I am enjoying a better view than that from The Estuary at Orchid Park in a 1808sq ft apt that will cost lesser than than a 1100sq ft apt at The Estuary.
    I am just a strong supporter of the location as it is grossly underrated in terms of convenience.

By the way I unerstand that the average price at the The Estuary is around 900psf and the top range hits $1050psf

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Talk of grossly overpriced for justifying view makes me remember some so-called bay-view condos asking for $3k psf! The view of Estuary is actually fantastic and the environment very green and friendly (if we don't consider the location). As such, the so-called bay-view condos have no advantage as to the view nor to its location as compared to other condos in D9-D11. Ha ha!
    Frankly I find the view one of the best in Singapore (not because I am staying there)- better than the cranes and ships infested sea view you get from Marina Bay or East Coast You get a pefect combination of soothing greenery and water view.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Frankly I find the view one of the best in Singapore (not because I am staying there)- better than the cranes and ships infested sea view you get from Marina Bay or East Coast You get a pefect combination of soothing greenery and water view.

Am i wrong to say this is one of the best views in Singapore from my unit at Orchid Park

Not only that the view is fanstatic now. It will always have a fantastic view. There will never be any blockage in the future ( unless they move the reservor )

Most adverts selling on views...

Cannot touch and cannot taste.. why place so much weight? It is just a factor and not the sole important factor. some HDB's there got much better views actually. This explains the reserviour view layout for the bigger units.. For this project, I would think that it is mainly targetting HDB upgraders in Yishun or even those in private estate around Yishun. When this becomes fully sold... OP can try to go en-bloc... and boast a much much better view... MRT distance is only marginal as compared to this one.

This project should be about the same pricing with D5 coastal heights (beside Blue Horizon) or whatever it is called... both has great views (sea views versus reserviour view) but one is near MRT and the other without. Whichever is better, your take and your risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich

Cannot touch and cannot taste.. why place so much weight? It is just a factor and not the sole important factor. some HDB's there got much better views actually. This explains the reserviour view layout for the bigger units.. For this project, I would think that it is mainly targetting HDB upgraders in Yishun or even those in private estate around Yishun. When this becomes fully sold... OP can try to go en-bloc... and boast a much much better view... MRT distance is only marginal as compared to this one.

This project should be about the same pricing with D5 coastal heights (beside Blue Horizon) or whatever it is called... both has great views (sea views versus reserviour view) but one is near MRT and the other without. Whichever is better, your take and your risk.
    Isn's the message we have got from past property purchase trends that Singaporeans place an heavy emphasis on views. The difference in price in the same project can be almost 80% just because of the view. The Sail is an eg where the best view units are going for close to 3000psf and the lousier view ones around 1700psf.

So why should the view of The Estuary be now deemphasised? Just because it is in an "ulu" location?

OP does not have much of a chance to go en-bloc at the moment. Maybe if the plot ratio goes up which is unlikely or when the price gap widens many years down the road.

Isn's the message we have got from past property purchase trends that Singaporeans place an heavy emphasis on views. The difference in price in the same project can be almost 80% just because of the view. The Sail is an eg where the best view units are going for close to 3000psf and the lousier view ones around 1700psf.

So why should the view of The Estuary be now deemphasised? Just because it is in an "ulu" location?
    Location cannot change but views can leh ... but of course unlikely to move a reservoir (& more importantly, your OP doesn't have empty plot in front of it).
    About 'ulu' anot .. hmmmm. Yishun, for the majority, probably holds a different value compared to near-town locations. But for those working near Yishun, yes the view is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich

It is no brainer that ones canot compare the Blue Horizon's seaview with the Orchid Park's reserviour. The Blue Horizon's seaview is literally just seaview. All its others attributes are undesirable. Cranes, foul smell, pollution from the port & heavy lorries. On the other hand, the only bad thing about the Orchid Park's reserviour view is the Yishun Ave 1 traffic. All else is fantastic. Serene reserviour view with huge stretch of green of seletar country club. The huge satellite points more toward the Estuary than Orchid Park.

By the way I unerstand that the average price at the The Estuary is around 900psf and the top range hits $1050psf
    I have some SMSs suggesting 780-830. Looks like the number is flexible, depending on the response. This project really has unusually large balconies, so even at $800 it's as if $850.

nav I agree with you , this part of Yishun is a better location, but grossly under valued. Well, you know, this is kind of perception thing. Even in HDB terms, Yishun is just known to be the cheapest among all the mature estates. For no apparent reason.

Will be watching how well this condo sells as it will be indicative of the property mkt for this period of time

Just some observations. Was quite surprised that the developers actually priced it at $800+ psf given its location. The only selling point is the one-sided view of the reservoir. Been living near that area for over 5 years and can definitely say that the project is grossly overpriced. There are no nearby amenities, nearest is the Khatib central more than 2 bus stops away - a 15mins walk if u have legs the length of Elle Macpherson's. Stadium is no use since its facilities mirrored those within the condo. Reservoir only good for viewing, as only a handful of people ever walk that part of the park. Most of them go to the more central Yishun Park.

Unlike Yishun Sapphire/Emerald, these are at least walking distance to Sembawang Shopping Centre, and short bus rides to Northpoint. For The Estuary, it is stuck in the middle at the crossroad of Yishun and AMK, being far from Northpoint and AMK Hub. Only redeeming point is that it is a 5mins drive to SLE. So u should be able to reach town in 25mins on a normal day afternoon. If peak hour traffic, u should be able to reach town in perhaps 45mins to an hour.

But then I believe people will still buy. But then, they buy anything during this period of time...

I think the same.

And Orchid Park just looks run down...I thought of getting a unit there cos its near greenery. I just can't believe how bad it looks.

Default Orchid park

I agree that more needs to be done to improve the look.
    A coAt of paint would make a world of a difference. Painting
    contract is being done. The mgmt has done a number of
    improvements. Once the paint is done, it will look really good.
    We always knew that this condo was a huge Value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I have some SMSs suggesting 780-830. Looks like the number is flexible, depending on the response. This project really has unusually large balconies, so even at $800 it's as if $850.

nav I agree with you , this part of Yishun is a better location, but grossly under valued. Well, you know, this is kind of perception thing. Even in HDB terms, Yishun is just known to be the cheapest among all the mature estates. For no apparent reason.
    yishun had risen and is more ex then then Woodands

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefgh
    I agree that more needs to be done to improve the look.
    A coAt of paint would make a world of a difference. Painting
    contract is being done. The mgmt has done a number of
    improvements. Once the paint is done, it will look really good.
    We always knew that this condo was a huge Value for money.
    An Australian based designer costing $10k is being engaged to come out with the colour scheme as compared to the $500 that the in house designers of colour scheme of painting companies cost. That is the only way to make the estate look fresh as nothing much could be done with the dated design.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

It takes 10 minutes to travel from Khatib to the edge of Yishun and that is how much nearer it is to town. As you said the whole area is lumped together as Yishun and its negative perception, with people missing out the good attributes of this particular location.

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    Location cannot change but views can leh ... but of course unlikely to move a reservoir (& more importantly, your OP doesn't have empty plot in front of it).
    About 'ulu' anot .. hmmmm. Yishun, for the majority, probably holds a different value compared to near-town locations. But for those working near Yishun, yes the view is nice
    Of course you cannot compare to near town locations and the price is half of it anyway. But compared to other suburb locations like Bedok , Tampines, Choa Chu Kang, Simei etc it is no inferior and in fact better than some which are further away from downtown. It is the perception that is working against it. But people who know what value for money is will not hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mage
    I think the same.

And Orchid Park just looks run down...I thought of getting a unit there cos its near greenery. I just can't believe how bad it looks.
    Come back and look at it after it has been repainted and realiase what a world of difference that would make and then walk into equally old 15 yr old condos and compare.

it has been years since i stepped into yishun, it almost seems the place is non-existent in my life

I love Yishun, it is one of the very few HDB towns with a kampong feel, and not as crowded with lots of greenery.