Page 33 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3813182328293031323334353637384348535863 ... LastLast

Thread: The Estuary

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Well I tend to agree somewhat - in terms of rental yield Estuary should be superior because of demand from seletar aerospace hub and KTP hospital expat professionals.

In terms of own stay I would choose Canberra Residence since close proximity to amenities is important for me.

If you take the reservoir view away from the equation would Estuary's location still be superior?
    Well, tends to agree ssc is a plus point for CR. But to me, staying in condo means another form of lifestyle diff from hdb. You don't want to be blocked by buildings/hdbs (sorry no intent to offend hdb dwellers as I used to stay in hdb for 20 yrs as well). I like the fact that estuary is unblock and sits right facing the calm scenic reservoir and park, surrounded by condos, cluster house and country clubs. If I were to move into a condo surrounded by hdbs neighborhood, I would not even want to consider an upgrade at all simply because my current hdb is even more convenient than CR given the fact mrt is a 3 mins walk frm my flat with 6 coffee shops, 1 Mac Donald, 2 7-11, 1 bus stop and 1 NTUC directly in front of my house.
    The only short coming for estuary is you got to walk a bit to reach the mrt.
    Like wat you've said, if estuary minus off the reservoir view and sits within a normal neighborhood surrounded by hdb, I would agree estuary would just look mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    The Estuary is much better than CR....

New shopping center coming up...

New developments coming up in Yishun.

Pricing alone and alone beats it handsdown.

Views are extras.
    New shopping coming up? You mean near estuary? Can enlighten on this?

aiya... ask me to do work for free..

One of the plans for Yishun is a new shopping complex that will include integrated private apartments.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...303047/1/.html

dun say I spread rumors...

university university..

One of the plans for Yishun is a new shopping complex that will include integrated private apartments.

university university..
    ....the plot of land opp golden village

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    The Estuary

Reservoir view (one of the best views in Singapore)
    20 mins drive to Orchard during off peak
    9 mins walk to MRT.
    10 mins walk to 3 supermarkets (Shen Shiong , NTUC & Shop & Save)
    Established developer – MCL
    Better rental yield & easier to rent in case decide to rent

Canberra Residences

30 mins drive to Orchard during off peak
    20 mins walk to MRT
    3 mins walk to Giant and 20 mins walk to NTUC
    Next to 3rd class Sembawang shopping centre which one can complete walking around in 5 minutes (more shops at Khatib area near Estuary than at this shopping centre). Sun Plaza is just as bad. Might as well not have a shopping centre. Better to have a wide range of HDB shops than such 3rd rate shopping centres.
    Unknown China developer
    Lousier rental yield and more difficult to rent in case decide to rent

The facts speak for itself

Anyone with even half a brain will know which is a superior buy whether for staying or renting.

Anyone with half a brain should post neutral facts instead of playing with crayons like a tabloid newspaper. So if any brothers here can walk from CR to sembawang MRT within 15min (give you another 5min buffer) you wanna bet 100 each on that?

Even if you are vested in Orchid Park you don't have to exaggerate.

The Estuary is much better than CR....

New shopping center coming up...

New developments coming up in Yishun.

Pricing alone and alone beats it handsdown.

Views are extras.
    Is it better to buy those apartments above shopping center?

Quote Originally Posted by kaizhe
    Of coz better for rental.... Super convenient

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Agree in general but Sunplaza speical case wor....

Any news about the development at Bedok Central site by Capitaland?

Hmm, just heard from agent roughly 5 subsale took place at estuary already. Hey, streetsine transact details no more Liao rite?

university university..
    Yishun site with university? Haha very hard to imagine. But then, thanks for sharing the news

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Hmm, just heard from agent roughly 5 subsale took place at estuary already. Hey, streetsine transact details no more Liao rite?
    No, There are only 2 sub sales so far...

THE ESTUARY
    89 Yishun Avenue 1
    #02-07
    Strata
    10-MAR-2011
    Condominium
    99 Yrs From 25/06/2008
    Uncompleted
    Sub Sale
    HDB
    North Region
    Yishun

THE ESTUARY
    89 Yishun Avenue 1
    #11-12
    Strata
    28-DEC-2010
    Condominium
    99 Yrs From 25/06/2008
    Uncompleted
    Sub Sale
    HDB <---- Purchaser's address type
    North Region
    Yishun

No, There are only 2 sub sales so far...

THE ESTUARY
    89 Yishun Avenue 1
    #02-07
    Strata
    10-MAR-2011
    Condominium
    99 Yrs From 25/06/2008
    Uncompleted
    Sub Sale
    HDB
    North Region
    Yishun

THE ESTUARY
    89 Yishun Avenue 1
    #11-12
    Strata
    28-DEC-2010
    Condominium
    99 Yrs From 25/06/2008
    Uncompleted
    Sub Sale
    HDB <---- Purchaser's address type
    North Region
    Yishun
    Nope, this morning my era agent checked the data base and told me there's 3 most recent transact going on in addition to the above 2 you hv mentioned. The ones you mentioned above I've already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Nope, this morning my era agent checked the data base and told me there's 3 most recent transact going on in addition to the above 2 you hv mentioned. The ones you mentioned above I've already knew.
    wait for few days and see then...i checked from realis actually, maybe uploaded slower? will update the info if i found the transactions...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Any news about the development at Bedok Central site by Capitaland?
    no news....u r waiting too?

2bedder shd b goodie

Agree in general but Sunplaza speical case wor....
    I bio and tried to buy but take too long to decide and in the end someone else got it. That was in 2009. Sure got takers only the price and how fast you can decide. Its is still sellers market as there are few offers.

So my conclusion is any apartment near MRT has demand.

Yes and there are not many good ones around.

Anyone with half a brain should post neutral facts instead of playing with crayons like a tabloid newspaper. So if any brothers here can walk from CR to sembawang MRT within 15min (give you another 5min buffer) you wanna bet 100 each on that?

Even if you are vested in Orchid Park you don't have to exaggerate.
    If you are capable and willing to walk very briskly and be completely drenched in sweat at the end of it, then of course can reach in 15 mins. But for the average person walking at the average pace, it will take no lesser than 20 minutes. This is a FACT.

Even if it is 15 mins for the average person it is still a good 6 mins more than from Estuary to MRT. Bad enough.

If anything, I down downplayed the negativity of CR's locations. Actually the drive from CR to Orchard during off peak is 35 mins instead of 30 Mins as stated earlier vs 18-20 mins from Estuary.(since 5 mins is a big deal to you).

Only people with half a brain (or completely brainless) will accept that Estuary will have a better rental yield than CR but still claim CR has better amenities.

The perfect definition of being completely blinded is when one claims that CR has better amenities / location than Estuary

If you are capable and willing to walk very briskly and be completely drenched in sweat at the end of it, then of course can reach in 15 mins. But for the average person walking at the average pace, it will take no lesser than 20 minutes. This is a FACT.

Even if it is 15 mins for the average person it is still a good 6 mins more than from Estuary to MRT. Bad enough.

If anything, I down downplayed the negativity of CR's locations. Actually the drive from CR to Orchard during off peak is 35 mins instead of 30 Mins as stated earlier vs 18-20 mins from Estuary.(since 5 mins is a big deal to you).

Only people with half a brain (or completely brainless) will accept that Estuary will have a better rental yield than CR but still claim CR has better amenities.

The perfect definition of being completely blinded is when one claims that CR has better amenities / location than Estuary
    Here is the neutral fact...

750m vs 800m.....difference of less den 1min walk actually....LOL

jus take it both r equally far to walk to MRT la

my tolerance is 500m....oredi took me about 7min normal pace

I think you fit your own definition very well. Thanks to Jen for posting the FACTS (as opposed to your twisted ones)

CR to Sembawang MRT - 800m, 11minutes (your claim - 20 min???)

Estuary to Khatib MRT - 750m, 9 minutes (your claim - 9 min)

CR to Orchard - 21.9 km, 24 min (your claim - 35min)

Estuary to Orchard - 18.7km, 18min (your claim - 18-20min)

How sweet. Any more facts to share?

Even if you do, I don't think anyone will care because you are hell-bent on talking down any property that is not in your area. So don't be offended if no one replies to your ranting anymore as no one has time to entertain you

This one don't face the reservoir. If reservoir view, I think it will be even better.

Not too sure whether any 1 bedders face the reservoir though...

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Sub-sale happening:
    Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    89 Yishun Avenue 1 #11-12
    99 Yrs From 25/06/2008
    $962
    $580k
    28 Dec 10

I think the lucky seller may have earned about $100psf.

Quote Originally Posted by omega
    This one don't face the reservoir. If reservoir view, I think it will be even better.

Not too sure whether any 1 bedders face the reservoir though...
    no 1bedders facing reservoir....

mostly tio noon sun and facing busy road....i tink got 1-2 stacks facing stadium...tats probably best facing for 1bedders liao

Low flr...useless....see cars instead...haha

Reminds me again about their super disgusting layout....no wonder i dunwan to buy last time...lol

Low flr...useless....see cars instead...haha

Reminds me again about their super disgusting layout....no wonder i dunwan to buy last time...lol
    it was selling views... all sold out quickly... The layout is very very weird and the rooms are really ultra small. Go to their showroom before and the bed built onto the bay window right?

now got miltonia to suck up resale...

later got 2.1 plot....

this is one bad for investment. Maybe even self stay folks want to switch out of this low floor and get miltonia residences, since they are both low floors. Except one will have views.

it was selling views... all sold out quickly...

later got 2.1 plot....

this is one bad for investment. Maybe even self stay folks want to switch out of this low floor and get miltonia residences, since they are both low floors. Except one will have views.

Mcl land got the worse layout....their common bedrooms always can only fit in a single bed and tats it....more like a study room or maids room....hahaha...for estuary, they max their profit on baywindows n planter box....minus those useless space away, prolly add another 100-150psf to ur purchase px

So the one at downtown east wif seaview....i really dissapointed to noe tat mcl won the bid

Mcl land got the worse layout....their common bedrooms always can only fit in a single bed and tats it....more like a study room or maids room....hahaha...for estuary, they max their profit on baywindows n planter box....minus those useless space away, prolly add another 100-150psf to ur purchase px

So the one at downtown east wif seaview....i really dissapointed to noe tat mcl won the bid
    do check it out.. maybe this time they will change their layout.

if buying for views, you must have space for your family and friends who will occassionaly pop by. Otherwise, its quite wasted.

Go for crown jewel.

it was selling views... all sold out quickly... The layout is very very weird and the rooms are really ultra small. Go to their showroom before and the bed built onto the bay window right?

later got 2.1 plot....

Does MR have any good-facing one bedders? Probably all sold out by now, if any...