Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *** New Launch: Coralis @ District 15 ***

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    When did property prices in D15 ever go up when the rest are coming down? Never heard of that for past so many decades and this is the first time I ever heard of such statement. Still, giving you the benefit of doubt - Can you show data to justify what you said?

I have a friend who bought at $1000 psf in D15 in 1998. Till now still cannot recover the costs when interests is included.
    hi Teddy,
    I must really congratulate your friend who manage to at 1000psf back in 1998. The premium over the market price at that time in D15 will amount to 20%? well-done!

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Can you share who are these helpful developers?
    An obvious one that everyone knows is FEO.

I have a friend who bought at $1000 psf in D15 in 1998. Till now still cannot recover the costs when interests is included.
    Hi teddy buddy,

Mind if we analyze your statement? I am sure many have heard of friends buying in D9,10,11,21 and losing the shirt off their backs as well. So what's the takeaway? Avoid buying in certain districts because friends/ relatives/hearsay/legend ?

I think you have to wake up to reality buddy. Also, why so concerned over dumb people like us waxing about the luxury of staying in D15? Please allow us to continue to buy at record prices here so that the baseline for the prime D9,10,11,21 will be even higher, then you can retire in this cycle.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

'colour'? Mmm, mmm, mmm, ok, got it (a bit slow nowsadays, must be getting old. ).

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Tat 'colour' seems to have vested interest in D15...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    When market crashes, it will also be one of the first few in the prime districts to take a free fall.

Make a study on the history during the last financial crisis...and you see prices in prime districts dipped by 20 to 30% while prices in D15 keep climbing like nobody business.

I hvn't heard of anyone making a loss from investing in property in D15. But lots of fire auction sales from prime districts when market crashes.

questionable ...

if its true .. what does it say ? D15 all buy for own stay .. not investment ..

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

FEO? Don't think so as I heard that they dump HillView area properties previously after that area hits $1000 psf and then economy went into tailspin (was something like 1999 or so)?. That area have never come close to this price even now in 2010. Another case of 11 years stuck in the mud and still cannot even recover to their glory days. (In this respect, D15 still better than D21 !)

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    An obvious one that everyone knows is FEO.
    Originally Posted by urban

FEO? Don't think so as I heard that they dump HillView area properties previously after that area hits $1000 psf and then economy went into tailspin (was something like 1999 or so)?. That area have never come close to this price even now in 2010. Another case of 11 years stuck in the mud and still cannot even recover to their glory days. (In this respect, D15 still better than D21 !)

anyone remember ... who said this .. in the papers in 2008 .. ?

Buy will people are selling ... Sell when people are buying ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    anyone remember ... who said this .. in the papers in 2008 .. ?

Buy will people are selling ... Sell when people are buying ...

i mean

Buy WHEN people are selling Sell when people are buying

i think the late FEO said that ...

Hillview has never hit $1000psf in 1998 PEAK lah. More like $600psf $650psf - all are above water now. The "Hillview" property they sold cheaply was actually a Bukit Batok property that is 99LH called "Hillview Regency" which they were forced to sell as the lease term was running horribly low. They held on their freehold land in the area (and FEO still have some FH land left in the area). BTW, those who bought the Bukit Batok condo (TOP at 2005 or so) at $380psf made good returns in 2 years which started trading at $700psf - almost doubling. So market timing is key.

I don't think Tao Nan get you that far in terms of pedigree or rubbing shoulders with people with pedigree. In fact, most would agree it is a place when "non-pedigree" parents who do not have connections (e.g. old boys/girls of mission schools or other elite schools) only hope of getting into a decent school which does not even give you any priority into any elite secondary school. In short I doubt affiliation to Tao Nan gets you far lah if your main intention is to rub shoulders with important people's children. The mission schools are better bets and almost guarantees your a child a place in their secondary school - ACS, MGS, SCGS, Nanyang Pri, Henry Park, St Nicks, RGPS etc. I believe those parents who are old boys/girls of mission schools will not be that desperate to send their children to something like Tao Nan. But I agree if parents are not pedigree and are kiasu, then Tao Nan and Ai Tong might be good (and only) choices but then these schools haven't produced top students. Anyway, still amused with how some parents keep moving house just to send their children to a "good" primary school. thanks goodness I needn't do that.

Ahaha. thats a nice one bro. I am more than willing to help friends get along in the world. Some folks here do not believe in registering for a good primary school for the kid. Any ABC primary will do. I guess its a personal choice and belief.

I have also seen and experienced, how affiliation to certain schools have helped to open up doors. Those who object to this claim are those who have not been privileged enough to encounter this and I rest my case.

I start getting worried when even outskirts start launching mainly mickey mouse units .

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    $1400 psf for the sound is probably for
    studio. Think feo got inspired by siglap
    prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I don't think Tao Nan get you that far in terms of pedigree or rubbing shoulders with people with pedigree. In fact, most would agree it is a place when "non-pedigree" parents who do not have connections (e.g. old boys/girls of mission schools or other elite schools) only hope of getting into a decent school which does not even give you any priority into any elite secondary school. In short I doubt affiliation to Tao Nan gets you far lah if your main intention is to rub shoulders with important people's children. The mission schools are better bets and almost guarantees your a child a place in their secondary school - ACS, MGS, SCGS, Nanyang Pri, Henry Park, St Nicks, RGPS etc. I believe those parents who are old boys/girls of mission schools will not be that desperate to send their children to something like Tao Nan. But I agree if parents are not pedigree and are kiasu, then Tao Nan and Ai Tong might be good (and only) choices but then these schools haven't produced top students. Anyway, still amused with how some parents keep moving house just to send their children to a "good" primary school. thanks goodness I needn't do that.
    haven't produced top students? it's a sap school for crying out loud. so henry park, scgs, mgs had produced top students?
    please refrain from making sweeping statements

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i mean

Buy WHEN people are selling Sell when people are buying

i think the late FEO said that ...
    Not sure. But it is that way for most of the folks as

1. You can only buy if people are selling
    2. You can only sell if people are buying.
    If not.. no deal.

But for those who are wiser..

1. Buy when no one is buying (but will still have someone selling and it will always be the case) i.e. Early 2009
    2. Sell when everyone is buying (not easy decision to make and have to part with prize winner, so the buyers have to be compensated more). i.e. Early 2010

It depends on which side you are on. Many wise words said by others, just borrow their wisdom.

Ahaha. From this comment, I can conclude: He is a birdie after all.

I....rest my case. Will go out looking for some neighborhood primary school after this enlightened preaching from the birdie

Notice that teddy buddy use the word "heard" again ? So I guess its hearsay as usual.. If you look at FEO, they take good care of their first phase buyers. Despite that, logically, you dun buy all their projects. Only those those whereby the numbers work out.

Anyway, this conversation is degenerating and going nowhere with the cyclic argument. Lets just put it that D15 is a place for dumb people to buy into. We like the area sooooo much despite all its draw backs that we buy with our heart instead of our mind. So what if it drops to 500 psf as long as you are not selling it at that stage and not over leveraging. Just enjoy the stay and lifestyle dude.

For those east coast lovers out there, just buy within your means. I am sure there is a better deal in some other district out there. There is always a better deal somewhere. But if you decide on D15, just go ahead and dun look back. I look at the upcoming launches in the telok kurau and haig road area with their psf, and I feel like a rocket scientist with my buy at Coralis, OA and seaview.

Anyway, this conversation is degenerating and going nowhere with the cyclic argument. Lets just put it that D15 is a place for dumb people to buy into. We like the area sooooo much despite all its draw backs that we buy with our heart instead of our mind. So what if it drops to 500 psf as long as you are not selling it at that stage and not over leveraging. Just enjoy the stay and lifestyle dude.

For those east coast lovers out there, just buy within your means. I am sure there is a better deal in some other district out there. There is always a better deal somewhere. But if you decide on D15, just go ahead and dun look back. I look at the upcoming launches in the telok kurau and haig road area with their psf, and I feel like a rocket scientist with my buy at Coralis, OA and seaview.
    just curious, why didn't you buy parc seabreeze instead? any reason/s that you would care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    just curious, why didn't you buy parc seabreeze instead? any reason/s that you would care to share?
    Speaking of PSB, i bought a unit there actually. But i intend to stay there.

Speaking of PSB, i bought a unit there actually. But i intend to stay there.
    can share which floor and stack did you buy?

can share which floor and stack did you buy?
    Stack 4 high floor.

Stack 4 high floor.
    Wow, Stack 4 which is directly facing the next door old condo. Any good reason? En-bloc soon?

Anyway, just to share with all of you the combined Plan layout of Coralis and PSB done by my hardworking agent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stack 4 high floor.
    must have cost a bomb, facing sea

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    Wow, Stack 4 which is directly facing the next door old condo. Any good reason? En-bloc soon?
    Looking for a 4 bedder and the location is convenient.
    I think high floor can look over the marine view condo next door.

Name a top student or important person from Tao Nan Primary. NONE.. It does not guarantee your child in an elite secondary school. And those schools you name below? I'm sure you can find someone that is important - politicians, celebrities, Asia Games winner, famous entreprenerurs etc. As I say, Tao Nan is the ONLY place that non-pedigree parents can send their children to a decent primary school. You would be surprised a lot of these non-pedigree parents buy a D15 house just to get their children into Tao Nan. I have some friends who tell me that they have no affiliation to any good schools and therefore must rent or buy a place near Tao Nan as unlike other elite schools with strong alumni, staying within 1 km of Tao Nan stands a pretty good chance. And I have yet to see a truly outstanding person from Tao Nan or Chung Cheng but the Nanyang Primary, RGPS, ACS etc. have consistently produced a substantial number of exceptional students.

haven't produced top students? it's a sap school for crying out loud. so henry park, scgs, mgs had produced top students?
    please refrain from making sweeping statements

Any updates on the sales and psf hit ?

Name a top student or important person from Tao Nan Primary. NONE.. It does not guarantee your child in an elite secondary school. And those schools you name below? I'm sure you can find someone that is important - politicians, celebrities, Asia Games winner, famous entreprenerurs etc. As I say, Tao Nan is the ONLY place that non-pedigree parents can send their children to a decent primary school. You would be surprised a lot of these non-pedigree parents buy a D15 house just to get their children into Tao Nan. I have some friends who tell me that they have no affiliation to any good schools and therefore must rent or buy a place near Tao Nan as unlike other elite schools with strong alumni, staying within 1 km of Tao Nan stands a pretty good chance. And I have yet to see a truly outstanding person from Tao Nan or Chung Cheng but the Nanyang Primary, RGPS, ACS etc. have consistently produced a substantial number of exceptional students.
    then name me one from scgs or mgs as you have claimed. you made claims and we question. it is your onus to prove it.
    unless you have databases that can verify your claims, please refrain from making sweeping statements.
    i think i can deduce - you are clearly not in the legal profession

SCGS and MGS definitely has strong alumni - looks like you're so "unconnected" that you don't even know who are in the alumni. No offence. I'm just responding to some idiot's comment that he wants his child to have good "connections" by going to Tao Nan. The reality is if you're so desperate for connections and affiliations, then there better choices which I have named - the Nanyang/HwaChong, Raffles, ACS/MGS, St Nicks/Catholic High etc . But if you just want a decent education with no strong affiliations, I wouldn't rank Tao Nan much higher than other neighbourhood schools. Bear in mind, a school that takes in "gifted" students from other schools should always do better - it doesn't mean the teaching methods are superior.

Going back to Coralis. Small plot of land surrounded by other buildings - very crowded area. Not enough car park space if you have 2 cars. Considerng most middle class have 2 cars nowadays - one normal car and another fun roadster - you wouldn't want to look for car park spaces elsewhere right? No full condo. With so many surrounding developments in a dense area, I'm sure there are better choices at better price point.

then name me one from scgs or mgs as you have claimed. you made claims and we question. it is your onus to prove it.
    unless you have databases that can verify your claims, please refrain from making sweeping statements.
    i think i can deduce - you are clearly not in the legal profession

SCGS and MGS definitely has strong alumni - looks like you're so "unconnected" that you don't even know who are in the alumni. No offence. I'm just responding to some idiot's comment that he wants his child to have good "connections" by going to Tao Nan. The reality is if you're so desperate for connections and affiliations, then there better choices which I have named - the Nanyang/HwaChong, Raffles, ACS/MGS, St Nicks/Catholic High etc . But if you just want a decent education with no strong affiliations, I wouldn't rank Tao Nan much higher than other neighbourhood schools. Bear in mind, a school that takes in "gifted" students from other schools should always do better - it doesn't mean the teaching methods are superior.

Going back to Coralis. Small plot of land surrounded by other buildings - very crowded area. Not enough car park space if you have 2 cars. Considerng most middle class have 2 cars nowadays - one normal car and another fun roadster - you wouldn't want to look for car park spaces elsewhere right? No full condo. With so many surrounding developments in a dense area, I'm sure there are better choices at better price point.
    your claim was tao nan had no top students, not whether mgs or scgs has a strong or well connected alumni. fail reasoning....

i rest my case, can't be bothered to attempt to reason anymore, when more baseless statements pops out 'most middle class have 2 cars'

Most middle class Singaporeans should stay in JB, only in JB you can have a nice affordable house with TWO parking lots or more ...

Alamak ! Which condo give u 2 parking lots ? Wake up wake up ... U from Xing Shan ? or Batu Phahut (did I spell it right?) ?

I just came back from W Residences @ Sentosa Cove, one of more sought after places (I didnt say MOST hor) ... And I dont think they have 2 parking lots per unit.

Come to think of it, are you hinting that most middle income household should stay HDB flats ? Easier to get 2 parking lots.