Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterbank (D14, 99 years leasehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by neptbay
    Just next door to a MRT station, well known hawker centre, city fringe...yes WB will enjoy further capital appreciation...
    To be fair I agreed WB's location is pretty good. The view is good too.

Although I also agreed with Wild Falcon on some critical issues of this project, namely severely insufficient parking space, comparatively overpriced (than for example Dakota Residence), a little over crowded (616 on 180k sqft land).

So the issue here is just the level of the pricing. Dakota Residence would have been a better buy.

(I still dun understand why HoBee/NTUC only builds 348 units on a 200k sqft land, whereas UOL decided to build 616 units on 180k sqft site)

I think the land for Dakota Residences is only 125K sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    So the police post will be effective in deterring any crime? If so there will be no crime in Singapore (since Singapore so small)!

Points to consider:
    1) Majority of Singaporeans live in HDB flats, no problem with that. Still, private properties estates & enclaves with no HDB flats nearby tends to command much better prices and premiums compared to those near HDB estates.
    2) Now, these are not just HDB flats, these are HDB rental flats! We don't know why these people are renting there, but we know most of them are in financial difficulties otherwise govt won't rent to them.
    3) What is the probability of a person committing crime when they are in financial difficulties in Singapore (cum there is no social security net in Singapore) vs somebody who has the money and live in private properties?
    4) Do you think a private property in a private properties enclave with no HDB flats in sight / nearby or a private property between rental HDB flats &/or even near workers' dormitories will give people much better sense of safety, security, high-class environment, premium for further capital appreciation, etc?
    That's the same concern i have with Southbank and Citylights. Not looking down at anybody, but somehow the environment don't give that upmarket feel. Once i step out of Citylights, go to nearby Singapore Pools rushing to buy 4D, there are beggars, pple sleeping on the pavement, etc.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by adamfong
    Yes the land size of Dakota Residences is only 124877 sqft and they have 348 units.

So I think If WB land size is 180000 sqft have 616 units can be justifly.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ... insufficient parking space, comparatively overpriced (than for example Dakota Residence), a little over crowded (616 on 180k sqft land).

So the issue here is just the level of the pricing. Dakota Residence would have been a better buy.

(I still dun understand why HoBee/NTUC only builds 348 units on a 200k sqft land, whereas UOL decided to build 616 units on 180k sqft site)
    You mean the ratio of parking lot to units @ WB is not 1:1??? That sucks.

Maybe UOL dump in more disneyfied units in their project compared to Ho Bee?

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...81986,00.html?

Published April 20, 2010

Slower April sales not stopping launches

Tree House, The Holland Collection being launched this weekend

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Developers plan to launch more residential projects this weekend - even though home sales slowed in April after a strong showing in March.

1,761 new private homes were sold in March - a 47 per cent month-on-month increase. But sales have come off this month, market watchers say - though there have been exceptions.

UOL Group said that it sold more than 130 units in its 616-unit Waterbank at Dakota condominium from Friday to Sunday. This takes the number of apartments sold there to more than 500. Apartments went for $1,000-1,300 per sq ft and UOL said that it will release more this weekend.

Would-be buyers can also look forward to two projects that will be launched for the first time this weekend - City Developments' Tree House and The Holland Collection from Lippo Group and CLSA Capital Partners.

The Holland Collection's 26 high-end luxury homes are being built on the site of the former Aura Park condominium in Holland Road. Lippo bought the site in a collective sale deal in June 2007 for $1,280 psf of potential gross floor area - a high for the location. CLSA Capital Partners took a 50 per cent stake in the project a few months later.

CLSA Capital Partners' development director Peter Tham said that the partners wanted to launch the project in 2008 but decided to hold back until market sentiment improved.

'The market took a turn for the worse and we might not have achieved our break-even price,' said Mr Tham. 'But we took advantage of the decline in construction costs and started building in September last year.'

The Holland Collection's 26 units will have 19 unique variations in layout, size and space configurations. Apartment sizes range from 1,281 sq ft to 3,606 sq ft. Units will be launched this weekend at an average price of $2,000 psf.

Elsewhere, City Developments will launch its 429-unit Tree House on Chestnut Avenue. Prices start from around $600,000 for a 721 sq ft two-bedroom apartment, agents say.

Analysts have warned that government policy risk could come back into focus following March's strong sales.

'We believe that policy risk still exists,' said DBS Group Research analyst Adrian Chua. 'Back in January, strong monthly sales of around 1,480 units triggered a second wave of government measures.'

Deutsche Bank likewise raised a red flag last week. The bank's analysts believe possible measures the government could use to cool the market include increasing the supply of land, lowering the loan-to-value limit for second home purchases and a capital gains tax.

Despite this, analysts believe that home sales are likely to stay healthy for the rest of the year amid Singapore's economic recovery.

Mr Chua has raised his 2010 forecast for private home sales to 10,000-12,000 units, from 8,000-10,000 units, following strong Q1 2010 numbers.

Waterbank will have 554 spaces for 616 units.

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    You mean the ratio of parking lot to units @ WB is not 1:1??? That sucks.

Maybe UOL dump in more disneyfied units in their project compared to Ho Bee?

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170
    Waterbank will have 554 spaces for 616 units.
    Quote from Asiaone:
    Family prepared to give up one car, pay for space By Goh Chin Lian

A rule change in 2005 allowed condos within 400m of an MRT or LRT station, or in the Central Business District, to have up to 20 per cent fewer spaces.
    Centro Residences, near Ang Mo Kio MRT station, will have 260 spaces for 329 units.
    Waterbank @ Dakota, near Dakota MRT station, will have 554 spaces for 616 units.
    Both are due to be ready in the next five years.

They have to ballot for carpark lots at WB and Centro. Alternatively, those who bought cabana units can sublet to this group of residents. Not bad monthly income.

I don't think poor people are more likely to commit crimes. You see, it is not whether you are poor or rich. It is the person's moral, ethics or whatever you call it.

And don't forget, poor people are the happier lot. Has been proven again and again. So if someone with moral is happy with a rental flat with some grant from the government, why would that person rob or steal? If someone with no moral is rich (but not happy), he is more likely to commit a crime, right?

So at the end of the day, it's the person's moral. I don't think there is any statistics to favour the claim that poor people have a higher tendency to rob. Eg: The PRC who put a $600 bet after announcing the result. He is rich enough to come Singapore to gamble but it is his moral that let him down. Or the rich chairman of one condo in the east putting superglue into other residents door and car because he want to enbloc his unit at a high price. So whether you are rich or poor, the person's moral and upbringing is the key determinant whether you commit a crime or not.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    So the police post will be effective in deterring any crime? If so there will be no crime in Singapore (since Singapore so small)!

Points to consider:
    1) Majority of Singaporeans live in HDB flats, no problem with that. Still, private properties estates & enclaves with no HDB flats nearby tends to command much better prices and premiums compared to those near HDB estates.
    2) Now, these are not just HDB flats, these are HDB rental flats! We don't know why these people are renting there, but we know most of them are in financial difficulties otherwise govt won't rent to them.
    3) What is the probability of a person committing crime when they are in financial difficulties in Singapore (cum there is no social security net in Singapore) vs somebody who has the money and live in private properties?
    4) Do you think a private property in a private properties enclave with no HDB flats in sight / nearby or a private property between rental HDB flats &/or even near workers' dormitories will give people much better sense of safety, security, high-class environment, premium for further capital appreciation, etc?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neptbay
    I would appreciate the fact that you dont look down on those people renting those flats....are you subscribing to the idea that all poor people "rob and steal".??

Another sidenote, are you not aware that there is a neighbourhood police post nearby in one of the HDB blocks?
    Last edited by Squall8888; 21-04-10 at 10:21.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    To be fair I agreed WB's location is pretty good. The view is good too.

Although I also agreed with Wild Falcon on some critical issues of this project, namely severely insufficient parking space, comparatively overpriced (than for example Dakota Residence), a little over crowded (616 on 180k sqft land).

most probably to squeeze whatever profits available. is there any forumer that can comment on the finishing in both projects - dakota residences and waterbank? perhaps that's why there is a pricing difference between both projects. then again, the former was launched when there was still unease and uncertainty in the macroeconomic environment.

personally, i would prefer tg katong, dunman, goodman, mountbatten over dakota location-wise. it still gives me the impression of an elderly, sleepy estate

Anyone know of Dakorta Residence also have less lots than units?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Quote from Asiaone:
    Family prepared to give up one car, pay for space By Goh Chin Lian

A rule change in 2005 allowed condos within 400m of an MRT or LRT station, or in the Central Business District, to have up to 20 per cent fewer spaces.
    Centro Residences, near Ang Mo Kio MRT station, will have 260 spaces for 329 units.
    Waterbank @ Dakota, near Dakota MRT station, will have 554 spaces for 616 units.
    Both are due to be ready in the next five years.

They have to ballot for carpark lots at WB and Centro. Alternatively, those who bought cabana units can sublet to this group of residents. Not bad monthly income.

Thumbs down

carpark lots at WB are 10% less than the units.....

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Anyone know of Dakorta Residence also have less lots than units?
    DAKOTA RESIDENCES

Number of Units: 348

No. Of Car Park Spaces: 348 lots

REALLY HUGE 'UPSIDE' potential FOR DOUBLE BAY IN SIMEI

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Oops! Waterbank at Dakota is also infected. The virus is spreading fast!

......time to adopt drastic quarantine measures

My Search is OVER! Hurrary! I have finally purchased the Dakota Crescent at $1103psf..

This is for home stay..so negative comments please don't say it out.. don't make me feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    My Search is OVER! Hurrary! I have finally purchased the Dakota Crescent at $1103psf..

This is for home stay..so negative comments please don't say it out.. don't make me feel bad
    Wow ... finally! Congratulations on your purchase!

You can prevent negative comments about your condo by doing what tanumy does.

Great upside potential for D14!

congrats to your buy! there's quite a good portion of forumers out here that are pretty supportive, just a few that has nothing better to say but spew negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

Haha.. i woudln't even bother.. for own stay.. does not matter if it goes up or down now.

Thumbs up

Congratulations, By the way which room size you purchased for $1103psf?

What is "The Dakota Crescent" that u bought? No such condo... U mean Waterbank or Dakota Residence or not sure? Confusion. Anyway, enjoy your place 3 yes later. D14 would be an interesting area.

Congrats! And since you post it here, presume its Waterbank.
    Nice development! Nice area! Nice catch!

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by focus, 21 April 2010 7.43 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by jlrx, 21 April 2010 7.06 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by focus, 21 April 2010 6.55 pm

Haha.. i woudln't even bother.. for own stay.. does not matter if it goes up or down now.
    Congratulations!
    I am so happy for you, seriously and sincerely.

Home has no price tag!
    Now that you have purchased your home, will you still stay with us in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfong
    thanks for the correction. I got the info wrong. It's indeed smaller than WB, just 11,600 sqm.

focus: congrats! Is it dakota residence ?

Haha.. yes.. will stay in this forum to learn more about ppty investing

Yes.. sorry for the confusion.. it's dakota residence for own stay. I think i should break the psf record for the 4bedder?

dakota residences......

Haha.. yes.. will stay in this forum to learn more about ppty investing

Yes.. sorry for the confusion.. it's dakota residence for own stay. I think i should break the psf record for the 4bedder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    DAKOTA RESIDENCES

Number of Units: 348

No. Of Car Park Spaces: 348 lots
    Dakota Residences has one carpark lot per unit, but you have 4 cars!

When applying for HDB car park, you are ranked third priority, after 1st vehicle and 2nd vehicle of HDB occupiers.

D'Pavilion.. Anyone heard of it?
    My parents have "decided" they want to be near my adorable niece who lives in Kovan.

So I'm going to pay $1000psf for a 4 bedroom ($1.75m) or a PH($2m).
    1 Carpark lot.. i got 4 cars... but it's ok ... i will just park the rest in the nearby HDBs.

The most lousy ..losing proposition is a HOME..
    Last edited by jlrx; 22-04-10 at 01:57.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Dakota Residences has one carpark lot per unit, but you have 4 cars!

When applying for HDB car park, you are ranked third priority, after 1st vehicle and 2nd vehicle of HDB occupiers.
    Don't worry.. there is a lot of empty lots in Dakota area...
    I will grab it before Waterbank residences start moving in ..
    Then I am already a season parking holder and will renew it without worries

We need more people like focus to buy the remaining large units in every project in Singapore rather than more war between D9 n D15 or prime n mass market etc

Congrats !!!