Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterbank (D14, 99 years leasehold, UOL)

congrats on your buy! as long it's a home that you can afford, it doesnt matter whether you are buying high or low. Dakota Residences should be TOP next year? was at Waterbank and saw that DR is almost done.

btw, an agent mentioned that there are no visitor lots at WB. Is it really true?

For private resident, not sure whether you are allow to purchase a normal season parking ticket same as the HDB residents there. As the carpark is managed by HDB, i think you are only allowed to purchase non-resident season parking ticket. It has a restriction parking time between 7am to 11pm and only on a normal white lot only.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Don't worry.. there is a lot of empty lots in Dakota area...
    I will grab it before Waterbank residences start moving in ..
    Then I am already a season parking holder and will renew it without worries

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by kEN9170, 22 April 2010 10.03 am
    For private resident, not sure whether you are allow to purchase a normal season parking ticket same as the HDB residents there. As the carpark is managed by HDB, i think you are only allowed to purchase non-resident season parking ticket. It has a restriction parking time between 7am to 11pm and only on a normal white lot only.
    Quote Originally Posted by focus, 22 April 2010 4.10 am
    Don't worry.. there is a lot of empty lots in Dakota area...
    I will grab it before Waterbank residences start moving in ..
    Then I am already a season parking holder and will renew it without worries
    How many drivers do you have in your household?
    If you have 2, why not consolidate into 2 "better" cars?

Although lots=units in Dakota Residences, you might be able to get 2 lots if you are lucky enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    congrats on your buy! as long it's a home that you can afford, it doesnt matter whether you are buying high or low. Dakota Residences should be TOP next year? was at Waterbank and saw that DR is almost done.

btw, an agent mentioned that there are no visitor lots at WB. Is it really true?
    Uh, the agent and what everyone thinks is that the Top will be this June/July... but in the OTP , it is stated as June/July 2011. I asked abt it and they say it's this june , that 2011 is just to protect the developer backside. If really next year, then ...*sweat*.... dunno how my parents would react.

I've not visited WB, maybe some others can shed a light. Though I think the public carparks around the area is more than enough to meet the demand. Took me 2-3mins to walk to the public carpark.

Focus, have you actually seen Dakota Resi? Been inside? it's almost ready! how could it be ready only in Jun 2011? It's amazing, you just bought w/o doing much research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    How many drivers do you have in your household?
    If you have 2, why not consolidate into 2 "better" cars?

Although lots=units in Dakota Residences, you might be able to get 2 lots if you are lucky enough.
    Or do what the Investment Banker at Meyer road did.. but I will keep quiet abt it..

Ya, will consider consolidating since the MRT is so freaking near and i go town, i can just use the mrt instead of car. Circle Line really quite convenient if you are a town person , from Dakota to Suntec is probably 10mins (since my parents tried dakota to dhoby took around 17mins). I think the problem will come (which might become every night) when stadium is rebuilt and events are held everynight with mass crowd thronging for MRT .. u will get delayed and packed like sardine.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by focus, 22 April 2010 11.05 am
    Or do what the Investment Banker at Meyer road did.. but I will keep quiet abt it..

Ya, will consider consolidating since the MRT is so freaking near and i go town, i can just use the mrt instead of car. Circle Line really quite convenient if you are a town person , from Dakota to Suntec is probably 10mins (since my parents tried dakota to dhoby took around 17mins). I think the problem will come (which might become every night) when stadium is rebuilt and events are held everynight with mass crowd thronging for MRT .. u will get delayed and packed like sardine.
    (I know you are just kidding. So I am also .....)

A lot of us have respect for you, so don't you dare follow that Meyer-Road banker!
    Don't disgrace our school too!

(Seriously, .....)

I wish you can get 2 lots for your 2 "better" cars by then.

Smile WATERBANK AT DAKOTA

Project Name: WATERBANK AT DAKOTA
    Developer: UOL Development (Dakota) Pte Ltd
    Property Type: Condominium
    Tenure: Leasehold (99 years)
    Completion Date: 1 July 2014
    Total Units: 616
    District No: 14

>>> click here to download Waterbank e-brochure >>>

Did i see right? No tennis courts? No spa facilities? At such prices?

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    Did i see right? No tennis courts? No spa facilities? At such prices?
    Tennis and spa is within 15 min walk.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Car park also within 15 mins walk (for those who own cars - watch out! This is good exercise for you man! Where got a condo need you to walk 15 mins after parking your car in order to make you do more exercise and keep healthy? )
    Also, you can do more pampering of your car as you pay the same price as Balestier condo but you need to take probably about 20 mins to reach Orchard vs about 10 mins from Balestier.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Tennis and spa is within 15 min walk.

Default Dakota TOP in June 2010

I own a 1044sqft at Dakota Residences. I can confirmed that the TOP is in June this year latest Aug .

I am marketing my unit at 1.28m. Anybody interested, contact me.
    Nice number xx-18. (high floor).

Quote Originally Posted by fairlady04
    Focus, have you actually seen Dakota Resi? Been inside? it's almost ready! how could it be ready only in Jun 2011? It's amazing, you just bought w/o doing much research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by focus

It is always good to be near MRT as you can take the train to work without driving (save parking fee at your office end). However, I still think that most people may not give up their cars....especially those who are so use to driving. They may just convert to off-peak cars for their week-end usage or family use. I definitely will not go for a condo with parking lots < number of units, and it is ridiculous to ask your visitors to park outside and then walk in.

Quote Originally Posted by LongMan
    It is always good to be near MRT as you can take the train to work without driving (save parking fee at your office end). However, I still think that most people may not give up their cars....especially those who are so use to driving. They may just convert to off-peak cars for their week-end usage or family use. I definitely will not go for a condo with parking lots < number of units, and it is ridiculous to ask your visitors to park outside and then walk in.
    yes, having a car and no carpark space in your own condo, totally sucks. even hdb dwellers has their very own parking within 3 minutes. imagine raining days where you have to walk out all the way to get your car.
    I foresee there will be alot of conflicts or fights over this when residents starts staying. small families with babies definitely need a car, it is so troublesome to lug all your stuff to take public transport.

more than 20% of the units are small units, (1 and 1+1 BR)... how many families can fit into those i wonder. in my condo, which is 10-15 mins walk from MRT, the carpark is at most half filled at peak. much less this condo which is 2 mins walk away from MRT station, which is 8-10mins to town. it's so obvious pple buy this to rent out to expatriates.

good point ! If I am expat... with limited budget.. I might consider buying a unit at waterbank.. Treat it like a bank. With the view that the place might appreciate over time.. After all, spore have limited land as compared to placed like UK, USA or even nearby China, Malaysia !

Anyone knows WB left how many units now?

Quote Originally Posted by kit
    Anyone knows WB left how many units now?
    I was down at the showroom at 12.30pm today, block 70 was released, consisting mainly of the one, two bedrooms and dual key units. I didn't count but I reckoned less than 20 units (low floors ) are left, excluding the newly released block. There were 4 cabana units still available.

Mainly speculators/investors demand may not be a good thing. You would be surprised - most of the well-paid expats drive (and fancy cars too!). So only the middle-managers type do not drive and the middle manager type do not have a good budget. The carpark shortfall is a bummer. Sell so expensive - so stingy to provide carpark space or convenience of basement carpark - some developers are just blood suckers. Every inch of land also must convert to unit and squeeze to the max.

more than 20% of the units are small units, (1 and 1+1 BR)... how many families can fit into those i wonder. in my condo, which is 10-15 mins walk from MRT, the carpark is at most half filled at peak. much less this condo which is 2 mins walk away from MRT station, which is 8-10mins to town. it's so obvious pple buy this to rent out to expatriates.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by neptbay
    I was down at the showroom at 12.30pm today, block 70 was released, consisting mainly of the one, two bedrooms and dual key units. I didn't count but I reckoned less than 20 units (low floors ) are left, excluding the newly released block. There were 4 cabana units still available.
    Thanks neptbay for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by neptbay
    you must be kiding... 1 room sold out long time ago...

near to CBD and min walk to MRT, this is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonyap
    Why would I kid? Tell me, were you at the showroom?
    Block 70 was released today. Don't believe me, so be it!!!!

A lot of developers say this and that all "sold out" is bluff one lah. Grow up. Waterbank is advertising all over the papers and radio today - if sold out, spend money advertise like crazy for what? Sometimes its better to believe forummers than developers.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonyap

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    A lot of developers say this and that all "sold out" is bluff one lah. Grow up. Waterbank is advertising all over the papers and radio today - if sold out, spend money advertise like crazy for what? Sometimes its better to believe forummers than developers.
    UOL is the developer for WaterBank, its a listed company on the Spore Stock Exchange, so don't think the company will mislead the public. There were red dot stickers on those stacks with units numbers, understandably are the units sold. I am not sure what's the pickup rate for Block 70 when I left at 1.15pm.

I went to the gallery and take a look at the cripsy blue geylang river. Look so good in the adv.
    What I see is a muddy canal....
    The agent told be Govt will clean this canal up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jhokc0007
    I went to the gallery and take a look at the cripsy blue geylang river. Look so good in the adv.

Don't worry. Once you move into your million $ apartment and look out, the river will become crsipy blue exactly like in the advertisement.

Don't you agree that the million £ river view in the photo above is much more crispy blue than the one below?

[QUOTE=jlrx]Don't worry. Once you move into your million $ apartment and look out, the river will become crsipy blue exactly like in the advertisement.

Don't you agree that the million £ river view in the photo above is much more crispy blue than the one below?

Don't be absurd!!! How can you people be so ignorant. Tsk tsk tsk. The main reason the units are being bought is the location specifically the mrt station. If the canal does get spruce up, its a bonus. In all probability, it will be cleaned up, its called rejuvenation..

Default KALLANG BASIN WATER MAY BE BETTER AT SOUTHBANK AND CITYLIGHTS

Kallang Basin near Southbank and Citylights. Water could be better here.

Photo taken by Ayanami.

Quote Originally Posted by jhokc0007

It just a part of the planning... hopefully they will carry it asap...