Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterbank (D14, 99 years leasehold, UOL)

wee's families bought more than 10 units of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonyap
    It just a part of the planning... hopefully they will carry it asap...

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    wow, they know something that we don't?
    i do find this place well connected.

Good to hear this...

My banker also told me that its almost 90% sold...

Noblebaby, I am not doubting you. If what you say is indeed true, then it must be good news for those who have bought WB. Rarely do you see the Wee Family buy that many units in a single development. Surely they must have seen value before committing, even IF there is a slight discount in the prices for them.

I can't remember where I read the transactions... but here is some of the transacted units from SGX:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

Quote Originally Posted by neptbay
    Noblebaby, I am not doubting you. If what you say is indeed true, then it must be good news for those who have bought WB. Rarely do you see the Wee Family buy that many units in a single development. Surely they must have seen value before committing, even IF there is a slight discount in the prices for them.

Thanks noblebaby....you the man.....

You have unit at WB?

Thanks noblebaby....you the man.....

You have unit at WB?
    No. I am contemplating either DR or WB. I am more inclined towards WB cos I need not fork out the full sum so soon, whereas for DR I will need to pay up almost immediately. I know I am taking a risk in my decision to buy later.

Hallo... I call up and ask leh... confirm the 1+1, 1 rm all gone leh... still got 1 rm meh ?? u selling ??

I can't remember where I read the transactions... but here is some of the transacted units from SGX:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement
    #06-13 $750 000 624sqft = 1202psf
    #09-13 $769 000 624sqft = 1232psf

Niece got no discounts.

they whack so many stack 12 with East Coast & MBay view.

According to today's Business Times, 570 units out of 616 had been sold since it was launched, that's 93% sold.

According to today's Business Times, 570 units out of 616 had been sold since it was launched, that's 93% sold.
    I know you are not kidding this time !!!!

Thumbs up

I know you are not kidding this time !!!!
    I speak based on facts and dont speculate...

Anyway, I chanced upon this url.

There are some lower floor, dual key and cabana units still available as can be seen in this url...

I have no clue how recent was the update...

http://www.dakotacrescent.com/floorplan.html

I have no clue how recent was the update...

http://www.dakotacrescent.com/floorplan.html

have u decided which one u be buying DR or WB?

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    have u decided which one u be buying DR or WB?
    Make it fast or I am sure you will regret... small units are already sub sales at 1400++....

Default waterbank

I browse thru this waterbank thread and tats my personal opinion...Just remember that my likes and dislikes r purely personal and everyone is born differently and thus, one man's meat is another man's poison.

There r some wrong factual figures quoted. The land size of Dakota residences is approximately around 125000sqft whereas Waterbank is 180000sqft so hence, WB is about 40% larger den DK in terms of landsize.

For genuine home buyers looking for 2 or 3bedder, WB is a better buy in my opinion if they can wait for 3-4yrs to receive their keys.

Why i say so, for 3bedder, there r only limited units in DK tat offer the unblocked river facing view whereas for WB, there r plenty of choice units tat faces the river(its geylang river and not a canal, for those who deem it as a longkang/canal...so be it...we dun hf to argue on this)

Furthermore, when WB is launched...DK only left with 4bedders and developer had adjusted their prices b4 WB preview to 1050psf on average for the remaining 4bedders. So, if u want to get 2/3bedders u can only get from subsale which i seriously doubt u can get anything below 1100psf and based on tat a 3bedder in DK can cost u about 100k in total quantum as compared to WB(mind u, actual livable space is almost the same)

Lets tok about 2bedders now, personally anything above 6th flr for the 2bedder at WB has a better 50m full length poolview as compared to DK. If u were to scrutinise both 2bedder flrplans, u will realise that both usuable livable space r again almost similar and in fact, u can fit a queen size bed in the 2nd bedroom at WB whereas in DK u cannot. In price quantum in the resale market, u goto pay about 100k more again in DK based on a realistic and reasonable pricing of 1100psf.

I noe soem of the guys here will say tat the average transacted prices just before WB preview is around 950psf...but do not forget that there is a 3bedder subsale unit caveated at around 1100psf...and if u do a search on classifieds...u cannot get anything less den 1100psf for 2/3bedders at tat point of time. Hence, I think its faily reasonable to use 1.1kpsf as a price comparison with WB pricing.

I shall not touch on the pricing as it is neverending if u were to compare the prices with other projects(be it new launch/resale) in the whole SG. To me, Dakota Residences is the only competitor as of today.

Toking about HDB rental flats, it is located right beside DK...and the blk 58 & 60 behind WB is EM HDB. Yes, located near rental flats do not sound good at all but does it really a barrier to future price appreciation...Lets take Southbank for eg since SB is another product of UOL and it has similar attributes as compared to WB...SB is also next to MRT, do not have a Mall, does have some amenities located at nearby HDB and it have HDB rental flats behind them. Prices plunged to around 900psf in SB during the lows of 2009 and had since rebounded very strongly to 1300-1500psf now. Its a amazing 50% increase from the trough. So, HDB rental flats do not create a price barrier.

I personally like dakota area as it is easy to drive around(not much traffic jam during peak hours) and well connected to KPE, ECP, Nicoll and future MCE. Its nice to have a MRT at doorstep even if u own a car...There is an increasing trend whrby ppl r taking MRT to work in CBD and ur kids can commute easily by MRT. Although some say there r more and more MRT stations in SG and thus, more ppty located within 5mins walk to a MRT...however, if there r more ppty near to MRT...den can u imagine those ppty located not near to any of them... Another plus point, it is a very quiet and serene location...away from busy roads...Its very rare to find any condo that is so close to a MRT and yet quiet and away from busy roads.

So much so for thr PROs...lets tok about the CONs.

Yes i agreed the shortage of parking lots is horrendous. It will be alot better for them to build basement parking to cater for at least 1to1 car lot.

Lack of tennis court...luckily it make up for it with 2 pools(50m lap pool and 25m leisure pool)

D14 labelling...I cannot comment much on this...it is up to individual and preferences..Some only prefer 9,10,11 and others do not even know what is D14 when buying a condo. Nowadays, ppty experts analyse based on Downtown core, CCR, RCR and OCR. So, if u were to base on tat: CCR(prime), RCR(mid-tier), OCR(mass market)

Any constructive comments and personal views r welcome...But again, I am not here to debate and argue.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I browse thru this waterbank thread and tats my personal opinion...Just remember that my likes and dislikes r purely personal and everyone is born differently and thus, one man's meat is another man's poison.

There r some wrong factual figures quoted. The land size of Dakota residences is approximately around 125000sqft whereas Waterbank is 180000sqft so hence, WB is about 40% larger den DK in terms of landsize.

For genuine home buyers looking for 2 or 3bedder, WB is a better buy in my opinion if they can wait for 3-4yrs to receive their keys.

Why i say so, for 3bedder, there r only limited units in DK tat offer the unblocked river facing view whereas for WB, there r plenty of choice units tat faces the river(its geylang river and not a canal, for those who deem it as a longkang/canal...so be it...we dun hf to argue on this)

Furthermore, when WB is launched...DK only left with 4bedders and developer had adjusted their prices b4 WB preview to 1050psf on average for the remaining 4bedders. So, if u want to get 2/3bedders u can only get from subsale which i seriously doubt u can get anything below 1100psf and based on tat a 3bedder in DK can cost u about 100k in total quantum as compared to WB(mind u, actual livable space is almost the same)

Lets tok about 2bedders now, personally anything above 6th flr for the 2bedder at WB has a better 50m full length poolview as compared to DK. If u were to scrutinise both 2bedder flrplans, u will realise that both usuable livable space r again almost similar and in fact, u can fit a queen size bed in the 2nd bedroom at WB whereas in DK u cannot. In price quantum in the resale market, u goto pay about 100k more again in DK based on a realistic and reasonable pricing of 1100psf.

I noe soem of the guys here will say tat the average transacted prices just before WB preview is around 950psf...but do not forget that there is a 3bedder subsale unit caveated at around 1100psf...and if u do a search on classifieds...u cannot get anything less den 1100psf for 2/3bedders at tat point of time. Hence, I think its faily reasonable to use 1.1kpsf as a price comparison with WB pricing.

I shall not touch on the pricing as it is neverending if u were to compare the prices with other projects(be it new launch/resale) in the whole SG. To me, Dakota Residences is the only competitor as of today.

Toking about HDB rental flats, it is located right beside DK...and the blk 58 & 60 behind WB is EM HDB. Yes, located near rental flats do not sound good at all but does it really a barrier to future price appreciation...Lets take Southbank for eg since SB is another product of UOL and it has similar attributes as compared to WB...SB is also next to MRT, do not have a Mall, does have some amenities located at nearby HDB and it have HDB rental flats behind them. Prices plunged to around 900psf in SB during the lows of 2009 and had since rebounded very strongly to 1300-1500psf now. Its a amazing 50% increase from the trough. So, HDB rental flats do not create a price barrier.

I personally like dakota area as it is easy to drive around(not much traffic jam during peak hours) and well connected to KPE, ECP, Nicoll and future MCE. Its nice to have a MRT at doorstep even if u own a car...There is an increasing trend whrby ppl r taking MRT to work in CBD and ur kids can commute easily by MRT. Although some say there r more and more MRT stations in SG and thus, more ppty located within 5mins walk to a MRT...however, if there r more ppty near to MRT...den can u imagine those ppty located not near to any of them... Another plus point, it is a very quiet and serene location...away from busy roads...Its very rare to find any condo that is so close to a MRT and yet quiet and away from busy roads.

So much so for thr PROs...lets tok about the CONs.

Yes i agreed the shortage of parking lots is horrendous. It will be alot better for them to build basement parking to cater for at least 1to1 car lot.

Lack of tennis court...luckily it make up for it with 2 pools(50m lap pool and 25m leisure pool)

D14 labelling...I cannot comment much on this...it is up to individual and preferences..Some only prefer 9,10,11 and others do not even know what is D14 when buying a condo. Nowadays, ppty experts analyse based on Downtown core, CCR, RCR and OCR. So, if u were to base on tat: CCR(prime), RCR(mid-tier), OCR(mass market)

Any constructive comments and personal views r welcome...But again, I am not here to debate and argue.
    There are many small units and potentially for rental to FT... so carpark not really an issue.

Without tennis court is a good thing... less noisy...

There are many small units and potentially for rental to FT... so carpark not really an issue.

Without tennis court is a good thing... less noisy...
    Yes, i agree on the carpark thingy up to a certain extent. Around 150units of 1/1+study and I can say only 20-30% will be owner-ocuppied? Those expats who rent 1/1+study most likely do not own a car...If they does, y choose a condo so near to MRT?? They can rent a cheaper condo at suburbs or even a 2bedder for the same rental.

However, do u noe whether is it a common practice to reserve some car lots as visitor lots??? I noticed that almost all the new condo nowadays only cater 1to1 car lot. Then wat happens to visitors?

As for tennis court, for those who loved this sport..it will be a letdown for them...For me, I emphasize alot on the size of the swimming pool and sun deck area. Expats especially the ang mor loves to sun tan!

To add on the site plan layout, UOL is quite clever this time and they can rightfully claim 'Everyone has a view' (although about 10-15% of the units r facing carpark or blocked by buildings)

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Yes, i agree on the carpark thingy up to a certain extent. Around 150units of 1/1+study and I can say only 20-30% will be owner-ocuppied? Those expats who rent 1/1+study most likely do not own a car...If they does, y choose a condo so near to MRT?? They can rent a cheaper condo at suburbs or even a 2bedder for the same rental.

However, do u noe whether is it a common practice to reserve some car lots as visitor lots??? I noticed that almost all the new condo nowadays only cater 1to1 car lot. Then wat happens to visitors?

As for tennis court, for those who loved this sport..it will be a letdown for them...For me, I emphasize alot on the size of the swimming pool and sun deck area. Expats especially the ang mor loves to sun tan!

To add on the site plan layout, UOL is quite clever this time and they can rightfully claim 'Everyone has a view' (although about 10-15% of the units r facing carpark or blocked by buildings)
    It is such a wonderful planning that it comes without tennis court. I had enough of the pong pong pong sound...

I doubt the blocked units could reach up to 10%, max to be 5%... only those front facing(1 bed) and low units are without view...

Tennis court already old fashion lor..
    Nowadays, developers are giving pte pool, pte spa tab, pte jacuzzi & even sky garages

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Just like balcony also old fashion lor, so developers give you big big planter areas (can even be found behind toilets, bedrooms & kitchen areas that occupants cannot even access!) and also big big bay windows both of which are counted in the SQFT size you pay for! For this, I rather choose the old fashion design with tennis court!

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Tennis court already old fashion lor..
    Nowadays, developers are giving pte pool, pte spa tab, pte jacuzzi & even sky garages

When did lack of something become an advantage? Going forward, property buyers will really be very sad to see that they don't get the big big planter areas in unaccessible areas any more?

It is such a wonderful planning that it comes without tennis court. I had enough of the pong pong pong sound...

I doubt the blocked units could reach up to 10%, max to be 5%... only those front facing(1 bed) and low units are without view...

For investment purposes, it is good to have big pool, gym and tennis courts. However, i will rank the tennis court as the least priority among the 3 becoz u nid more den 1 player to play tennis. Big pool is very impt...u can see many salted fishes drying at the poolside during the wkends at some popular expats condo like Icon, Sail.

Condos in CBD/Marina Bay area do not provide car lots and yet prices shoot up like nobody biz.

As for WB, I wud say 60-70% will be owner-occupied and the rest for rental. It has a shortage of 8-10% of the available car lot. When buying a ppty for investment/own stay, location/pricing/affordibilty r the main considerations/priorities. Weigh the Pros and Cons.

I need to apologize again as I was the one posted the wrong site size of NTUC's DR. I got it from a website and that was wrong. WB is bigger, and both have the same "resident density" so to speak.

My take of this proj:
    1) UOL has a better architect than NTUC. There is no doubt. I'm not referring to the removable of wastespace etc. The design/layout/facing is just generally better in WB.

2) I do think both have good rental potential. lack of car park lots regrettable, but for investment purpose it's mitigated.

3) but NTUC's pricing was better. But that's no longer relevant, as it now matches the price of WB now.

So for now, if I'm looking at a pty ard this area, this is a fair buy. The convenience of market/food center/MRT plus a nice view is something that can command a gd rent. But for me, I will not buy for own stay.

dont play tennis then aim for cyclists. Those who love to cycle are able to access to East Coast or Gdns at Marina via park connector slightly over 3km. Those with stronger legs can run there & take mrt home. haha

layout is pretty good considering bedrm & living are quite decent size. At the same psf with The Vision, personally i pick WB. Sibor+0%, does this qualify for Pros?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    When did lack of something become an advantage?
    ya i LOL

FULL facilities do matter when it comes to rental prospects, all things being equal..

FULL facilities also do matter for OWNERS' occupied because no reason to pay so much for a private property and end up with close to zero facilities for private properties? A decent size swimming pool (measured with respect to number of units in the estate), gym, tennis court, some greenery all around the estate for my kids to cycle around, a decent playground etc is a MUST for me to consider any private condo. Ops, forget to add that number of car park lots must be >= 110% of number of units (inclusive of visitors' car park spaces which must be clearly designated in a separate area from owners' car park spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    ya i LOL

FULL facilities do matter when it comes to rental prospects, all things being equal..

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    FULL facilities also do matter for OWNERS' occupied because no reason to pay so much for a private property and end up with close to zero facilities for private properties? A decent size swimming pool (measured with respect to number of units in the estate), gym, tennis court, some greenery all around the estate for my kids to cycle around, a decent playground etc is a MUST for me to consider any private condo. Ops, forget to add that number of car park lots must be >= 110% of number of units (inclusive of visitors' car park spaces which must be clearly designated in a separate area from owners' car park spaces.
    of cos own stay no need to say... will want the bestest of the best