Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterbank (D14, 99 years leasehold, UOL)

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    FULL facilities also do matter for OWNERS' occupied because no reason to pay so much for a private property and end up with close to zero facilities for private properties? A decent size swimming pool (measured with respect to number of units in the estate), gym, tennis court, some greenery all around the estate for my kids to cycle around, a decent playground etc is a MUST for me to consider any private condo. Ops, forget to add that number of car park lots must be >= 110% of number of units (inclusive of visitors' car park spaces which must be clearly designated in a separate area from owners' car park spaces.
    U may want to look into cluster housing

If u got the budget...Meier Suites is a gd buy...I been to the showflat...4bedders is huge, nice layout, facing unblocked landed housing, quiet, less den 100units with big pool, tennis court + 2car lot to 1 unit!!!

I love tat project...but the total price quantum is ard 3mil (if i remember correctly) BUT PSF only 1250-1300psf...not sure they up the prices oredi anot...got $ GO FOR IT!

Jus sharing this lovely project: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...es-1527/sale/1
    Last edited by devilplate; 02-05-10 at 16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

If u got the budget...Meier Suites is a gd buy...I been to the showflat...4bedders is huge, nice layout, facing unblocked landed housing, quiet, less den 100units with big pool, tennis court + 2car lot to 1 unit!!!

I love tat project...but the total price quantum is ard 3mil (if i remember correctly) BUT PSF only 1250-1300psf...not sure they up the prices oredi anot...got $ GO FOR IT!

Jus sharing this lovely project: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...es-1527/sale/1
    Agree with you. The quality is superb but a lot of space wasted in the gigantic bathroom. I think can put books inside to read or even do turkish bath inside.

It is very good for own stay if you have moolah.

Latest updates on

Waterbank!!

Left 6 units of 2 bedroom and

one unit of 3 bedroom!!!

Sms at 90686016 for bookings!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea
    Latest updates on

Waterbank!!

Left 6 units of 2 bedroom and

one unit of 3 bedroom!!!

Sms at 90686016 for bookings!!
    U mean all other units are taken? Including the dual-key and cabana units?

U mean all other units are taken? Including the dual-key and cabana units?
    usually most projs sell out studios & 2bedders early, this proj 2bed last to go.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    usually most projs sell out studios & 2bedders early, this proj 2bed last to go.
    Based on the brochure, the 2bedders below 6th flr will have all their windows and living rm facing MSCP...I am very surprised left 6 only as there are about 20 such units of 2bedder!

Facing MSCP, ppl also dun mind...

I have cfm with other agt...really last 7 units.
    Cheers to all WB buyers

Based on the brochure, the 2bedders below 6th flr will have all their windows and living rm facing MSCP...I am very surprised left 6 only as there are about 20 such units of 2bedder!

Facing MSCP, ppl also dun mind...

I have cfm with other agt...really last 7 units.
    Cheers to all WB buyers
    Was informed by agent this noon...

cheers..!

According to this as of this morning, http://www.dakotacrescent.com/floorplan.html

In spite of all these; no tennis courts, insufficient car park lots, in district 14 (near Geylang, mind you), in the vicinity of rental and old generation HDB flats, in front of big long kau (canal), at least $1200 psf on the average,

YET

only 7 units out of 616 units left unsold as of latest update...this is almost 99% sold.

So I guess, all those who have been spewing all the negativities of WB, eat your hearts out...

No need to eat your hearts out lah. There are opportunities everywhere. There are also not many cases of successful flipping in this project with obscene profits yet. I mean if people don't mind facing a car park 1 meter away or worst still living on top of multi storey car park, its their own preference - happy can already. I still think its quite risky entering the market NOW (esp new launch where developers have priced in all future gains) but I guess many people are still buying like crazy, but no one is eating their hearts out about missed opportunity lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    No need to eat your hearts out lah. There are opportunities everywhere. There are also not many cases of successful flipping in this project with obscene profits yet. I mean if people don't mind facing a car park 1 meter away or worst still living on top of multi storey car park, its their own preference - happy can already. I still think its quite risky entering the market NOW (esp new launch where developers have priced in all future gains) but I guess many people are still buying like crazy, but no one is eating their hearts out about missed opportunity lah.
    Property is always buy and wait... you will never know when is the highest and lowest...

My reference to eating their hearts out is not about missed opportunities, but rather to those who pointed out all the negatives and claiming that it wont be a sell out project, must now be "regretting" what they have said.

Wild Falcon, nobody expects to reap obscence profits from just after a month's launch. If that is possible, it means the project must have been really underpriced or buyers been given very very steep discounts. The newly introduced anti speculative measure of having to pay stamp duties by the seller within a year's purchase of a property has been a dampener as well.

Of course you pointed out correctly, WB has already priced in the future gains. Its a bet that the buyers have taken and will have to live with it.

I agree with jasonyap that buying of properties is for long term and not to reap profits immediately.

Just my 's worth...

U think the current market price is too high, den u can wait till it crash and enter. There r others buying now but u cannot simply say they r crazy.

Nobody can predict the future. If u r so good at predicting the market...stocks/forex is a better tool for u to earn much more fast $. Forex u can leverage up to 20X or more and CFD u can leverage up to X10.

The cabana concept is interesting. You sorta get a ground floor unit next to a pool without the added complication of worrying if your neighbours upstairs will throw things down onto your compound. But the drawback is that unless the roofing is well insulated, a cabana unit may warm up very quickly like most penthouse units do. Overall, a clever way by UOL to maximise space that is usually given over to half hearted garden.

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    The cabana concept is interesting. You sorta get a ground floor unit next to a pool without the added complication of worrying if your neighbours upstairs will throw things down onto your compound. But the drawback is that unless the roofing is well insulated, a cabana unit may warm up very quickly like most penthouse units do. Overall, a clever way by UOL to maximise space that is usually given over to half hearted garden.
    Similar thoughts...Toking about the heat, usually top flrs and penthouse or even landed will have heat problem no matter how u insulate. Even when i do not stay at top flr and my plc do not have noon sun...still freaking hot these few days...

Similar thoughts...Toking about the heat, usually top flrs and penthouse or even landed will have heat problem no matter how u insulate. Even when i do not stay at top flr and my plc do not have noon sun...still freaking hot these few days...
    Personally feel it when my HDB unit is on the top floor and the evening time is HOT...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    yup very smart of them to make use of that area, it has a small 'Open to Sky shower'. The only drawback for me is circling 5decks to reach the ur unit. If not driving then no concern, take a lift up.

Waterbank almost sold out as of yesterday. Only a few 2 bedders and one 2nd floor 3 bedder with PES left.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Meyer Road area not my cup of tea (in fact, all D15 not my cup of tea). I only like D9-11.

When one say "buying like crazy" it doesn't mean that person is crazy. It merely means buying like it is a darn good deal, figuratively speaking lah.

And no one is losing sleep over this "missed" opportunity - after all, it is not proven YET (albeit short time). What is there to regret right? TOP is a long time away when other MRT lines are up and running. The biggest plus point of this project is obviously the MRT station which also explains why buyers do not care about the significant shortfall in parking. I alos note the other "upside" is that D14 is extremely popular with PRC tenants. But I think when someone say negative things about a project about not enough parking, it is a valid point to consider, it doesn't mean this person's comment about "not enough parking" is wrong merely because the project sells many units. It just attracts a different crowd, that's all.

U think the current market price is too high, den u can wait till it crash and enter. There r others buying now but u cannot simply say they r crazy.

Nobody can predict the future. If u r so good at predicting the market...stocks/forex is a better tool for u to earn much more fast $. Forex u can leverage up to 20X or more and CFD u can leverage up to X10.

This is worst - below is multi storey car park. Can u imagine the heat?

When one say "buying like crazy" it doesn't mean that person is crazy. It merely means buying like it is a darn good deal, figuratively speaking lah.
    Relax..jus feel tat u shdnt waste ur talent...there r much better monies den ppty...ppty now only can take 80% loan...meaning 5X leverage max...

This is worst - below is multi storey car park. Can u imagine the heat?
    den all ground flr units will also be terrible??

I don't find Waterbank a good choice for owner occupied. My feeling is developer is targetting mainly investors/rental market.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I don't find Waterbank a good choice for owner occupied. My feeling is developer is targetting mainly investors/rental market.
    Usually the case for RCR...sort of hybrid....nowadays almost all new projects intro studio units...high psf...cut smaller...more units...results in insufficient car lots...can i say CCR 90% investors?

hey.. But close to 98% sold... Those people or investors must see something in waterbank they want ?? Or they know something we don't ?
    Can paddle all the way to Marina Bay ? haha
    Sports Hub ? or any other xxx Hub ?
    Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    hey.. But close to 98% sold... Those people or investors must see something in waterbank they want ?? Or they know something we don't ?
    Hmmmm....
    mabe they haf crystal balled keppel to pay 499psf at Lakeside?

keppel goto launch from 9xxpsf...so WB from 1100psf looks ok? hehe

UOL paid 50Xpsf for WB...almost the same wor...keppel goto launch from 1100psf to enjoy same profit margin...
    Last edited by devilplate; 07-05-10 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    Hmmmm....
    they know something that you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    they know something that you dont.
    I thought they announced it a few days ago. Car parks in central area will be cut to force people to take MRT? This sounds good for Waterbank which is close to central and 200m to MRT right?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    I thought they announced it a few days ago. Car parks in central area will be cut to force people to take MRT? This sounds good for Waterbank which is close to central and 200m to MRT right?
    with psf shooting up the sky in CBD area, carparks will make way. Get ready for carpark rates to skyrocket in the future. haha

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    with psf shooting up the sky in CBD area, carparks will make way. Get ready for carpark rates to skyrocket in the future. haha
    $20/hr will be the way to go...