Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree House (D23, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    yah 800psf is very high for bukit panjang.
    likewise centro's 1200 to 1300psf is very high for AMK

potential depends also on how built up the existing area is.. also developer's bid price

Its interesting its usually the wife who demand to stay in PRIME districts while the hubby is usually more easy going. Girls just love to compare with other girls Who stay in better districts, who carry more expensive bags, whose hubby drive bigger cars, who wear more diamond etc.

I doubt CDL will launch at <800psf. But looking at the no. of large units, I'm not sure if this is a sell-out project. Nowadays, the one-bedders (even in outskirts like D15) sells out first. This project doesn't even bother to build small units - which means absolute quantum would be >$1 million for 3 bedders which form the bulk of the units. And there are projects at Hillview/Dairy Farm closer to the city, nearer to future MRT, guaranteed unblocked views (unlike Treehouse will be blocked in the future), freehold status and for immediate occupation, albeit older developments. But of course Hillview/Dairy Farm/Cashew condos tend to have v large units which means absolute amount may be about the same as buying Treehouse and some may still prefer something "new".

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Go and take a look, I did not earlier and ended up buying though it was just to take a look. Can always decide later. As I have travelling plans and could not attend the preview, could you get the price range for these units and share for all our benefit?

2 BEDROOM - 03, 06,

2+ STUDY – 04, 07

3 BEDROOM – 08, 11

3 + STUDY – 01

4 BEDROOM – 15

Thanks! I would have gave it a real thought if I am buying a 4 bedder for self stay there. But well, a young family and just comfortably settled in our new landed at D9. I'm pretty sure my wife to be will never like to stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Its interesting its usually the wife who demand to stay in PRIME districts while the hubby is usually more easy going. Girls just love to compare with other girls Who stay in better districts, who carry more expensive bags, whose hubby drive bigger cars, who wear more diamond etc.
    Well, being down to earth, I might want to try something new, experience penthouse living if I can convince my wife to try. I like this place at it is very near to my parents place. Well... I have no choice, got to live near her parents later on. You just have to please the women you love.

Uncle apple3, you could be around my father's age. Anyway thanks for the effort. I'll provide them here

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/...Floorplans.pdf

Will be posting less and less now, since I have to focus on something else. Taking a long vacation with wife and would like to enjoy the honeymoon. But I will still come in once a while if I can. Keep the sharing spirit alive...
    Nah. I'm 21 this year. Going 22 soon.

Oh.. going vacation? We are gonna miss you.. hahahhaha.. like real..

Do have a safe and pleasant trip. Make baby, make good memories, etc,etc.

I think a high floor stack 7 2+ study will get beautiful pierce reservoir, and bukit timah hill view...but I think must be the top 5 floors. Imagine standing at the balcony with the breathtaking nature view..... but must photoshop away BKE....
    haven't got chance to see the masterplan. Will the view get block by future development on the empty land at south orientation?

Refer to www.h88.com.sg they just posted a review on the site.

I went to the site for a look this afternoon...to my disappointment, the whole site is in a sunken land, chestnut ave is significantly higher than the land itself. There are already alot of people today at the tent beside the showroom, apparently they are doing pre-booking and giving blank cheques.

from h88:

An update - cheque balloting
    According to our sources, this site is so popular that the developer will be balloting cheques come Thursday 22 April for their VVIP preview. In essence, no more first come first serve for VVIPs, must ballot HDB-style. Interested buyers have to send in their cheques by this Monday 19 April. So move fast!

Omg...if this is not property bubble, I dunno what it is...

Bubble only for new launches not for the resale market! Only the developers HUAT and HUAT big!!!!!!!!!! Strange market!!!!!!!!!!

Bubble or not is dependent on the price right? This area doesn't have a launch in the longest time. Its not like D15 when there is a launch every week - at some point fatigue will set in. Anyway, I always believe this part of SG around Hillview, Dairy Farm, Chestnut is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Nowhere else in SG can you find so much nature surrounding it and these are nature reserves that will never be taken away. I think URA should consider zoning the "West" area as Southwest comprising West Coast and Jurong, Central West comprising Hillview/Dairy Farm/Upper Bt Timah and Northwest comprising of lovely farmland like Lim Chu Kang etc. These areas have very different attributes and for planning purposes, its not appropriate to zone them all under "West".

Anyway, it would very interesting to see how this condo performs... i thought the renderings is beautiful esp with the green wall- much better than some "high end" condo...

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Nah. I'm 21 this year. Going 22 soon.

Oh.. going vacation? We are gonna miss you.. hahahhaha.. like real..

Do have a safe and pleasant trip. Make baby, make good memories, etc,etc.

Condorich, so u a young man, probably little older than my 3 kids!!!

Good luck and happy holidays.

Default Treehouse @ Chestnut Ave

Now almost all new launches are a sold out or perform greatly...at any part of singapore....

Actually a lot of projects are NOT sold out. Just flip the papers - almost every page has a condo advert The "sold-out" ones are the City Development projects because their strategy is to leave some meat for the buyers to make $. The Far East condos take ages to sell out The so-called "luxury" condos that are NOT mickey mouse doghouse are also not selling

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Now almost all new launches are a sold out or perform greatly...at any part of singapore....

hahahha.. the artist impression of the pool size was way apart from the actual scale model!

huh.. did I actually see these furnitures before? Was it hundred trees? OR dejavu.. lol..

But I have to say a total of more than 470 carpark lots for 429 units is pretty impressive in today context, think got some don't know what electric car charging sockets too.

knn.. no in-unit rubbish chute again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe the plot of land used to house 3 bungalows.

Sounded like three houses at chestnut ave. Pretty odd. Can someone reveal the preview PSF?

This condo obviously targets the "driving crowd" who wants to stay near nature away from the hustle and bustle of the city - the developer has to provide ample parking as potential buyers will be put off by carpark shortfalls- many of the potential buyers will have more than one car. Unlike Dakota Waterbank which sells on the "MRT".

Know your customers

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    hahahha.. the artist impression of the pool size was way apart from the actual scale model!

huh.. did I actually see these furnitures before? Was it hundred trees? OR dejavu.. lol..

But I have to say a total of more than 470 carpark lots for 429 units is pretty impressive in today context, think got some don't know what electric car charging sockets too.

knn.. no in-unit rubbish chute again

agents advertise this project as being near to mrt, but i dont see it as such. an ERA agent also told me got to give them a cheque just to be able to view the showflat, what a desperate bunch i thought.

Tree House 太抢手 买私宅也要抽签

“Tree House“由4座24层的高楼组成。(图/城市发展初步构想图)

又有一个新的房地产项目将推出!坐落武吉班让最新公寓项目“Tree House”在来临的星期四推出时,预料将需要以抽签方式出售。
    这个在策士纳道(Chestnut Ave)的项目,是由4座24层高楼组成的99年发展项目,将建有429个单位,从2个到4个房间以及阁楼的都有,每方尺的平均售价是800元。
    但是,据市场人士透露,房地产经记已收到买家1000多张支票,单是发展商指定的一个销售队伍,到上个周末就有300多张支票,准备在推出时呈交预 订。
    如此,一名蔡姓的经记说:“假设发展商推出全部429个单位,而这些支票又全部呈交的话,这个项目将以抽签方式出售,并在一到两天里就卖完。”
    刚在上个月底,发展商丰隆控股推出珊顿道最新公寓项目76 Shenton,由于优越的市区地点和吸引人的售价,202个单位在一天里,通过抽签方式全部卖出!
    “Tree House”的发展商城市发展与丰隆集团在日前受询时,没有肯定这个项目是否会以抽签方式出售,只表示等候正式的公布。
    经记也指出,附近十哩广场地段今年2月的标价是1亿6400万元,在广场上建造推出的单位每平方英尺售价,可能比“Tree House”平均的800多元高,是吸引买家决定购买的原因之一。

If desperate the agent will be inviting you to preview already and splash all over the papers lah. The fact that u need to show cheque to go preview means they not desperate lah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    agents advertise this project as being near to mrt, but i dont see it as such. an ERA agent also told me got to give them a cheque just to be able to view the showflat, what a desperate bunch i thought.

Uncle apple3, you could be around my father's age. Anyway thanks for the effort. I'll provide them here

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/...Floorplans.pdf

Will be posting less and less now, since I have to focus on something else. Taking a long vacation with wife and would like to enjoy the honeymoon. But I will still come in once a while if I can. Keep the sharing spirit alive...
    Condorich, never thought you are so young! Anyway, you have a good break!

Its interesting its usually the wife who demand to stay in PRIME districts while the hubby is usually more easy going. Girls just love to compare with other girls Who stay in better districts, who carry more expensive bags, whose hubby drive bigger cars, who wear more diamond etc....
    much as I applaud your appreciation of nature, your generalisation of the female gender is quite distasteful. The desire for better districts, bigger cars, luxury products cut across both genders and across social/racial lines. no point getting into which gender "demands" for District 9, which gender loves showing off bigger/faster/super-cars, which gender carry more expensive stuffs (I am sure bags are nothing compared to watches)... at the end is each to his/her own, and a large part is personality driven and not gender biased.

'Nuff said.... Treehouse looks good. Reasonably priced for that location. Too bad it's 99-years... or rather it's 99-year in an area filled with FH devts. To me, that's a huge problem. But it is still attractive from a self-stay perspective.

Anyone "thrown in a few cheques" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    .... Treehouse looks good. Reasonably priced for that location.
    ... but then one more time, rubbish chute is outside...
    Is this going to be a trend for all mass market projects ?

The only negative is that the normal bedrooms are too small, can only fit a single bed. Suitable for children only.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...81986,00.html?

Published April 20, 2010

Slower April sales not stopping launches

Tree House, The Holland Collection being launched this weekend

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Developers plan to launch more residential projects this weekend - even though home sales slowed in April after a strong showing in March.

1,761 new private homes were sold in March - a 47 per cent month-on-month increase. But sales have come off this month, market watchers say - though there have been exceptions.

UOL Group said that it sold more than 130 units in its 616-unit Waterbank at Dakota condominium from Friday to Sunday. This takes the number of apartments sold there to more than 500. Apartments went for $1,000-1,300 per sq ft and UOL said that it will release more this weekend.

Would-be buyers can also look forward to two projects that will be launched for the first time this weekend - City Developments' Tree House and The Holland Collection from Lippo Group and CLSA Capital Partners.

The Holland Collection's 26 high-end luxury homes are being built on the site of the former Aura Park condominium in Holland Road. Lippo bought the site in a collective sale deal in June 2007 for $1,280 psf of potential gross floor area - a high for the location. CLSA Capital Partners took a 50 per cent stake in the project a few months later.

CLSA Capital Partners' development director Peter Tham said that the partners wanted to launch the project in 2008 but decided to hold back until market sentiment improved.

'The market took a turn for the worse and we might not have achieved our break-even price,' said Mr Tham. 'But we took advantage of the decline in construction costs and started building in September last year.'

The Holland Collection's 26 units will have 19 unique variations in layout, size and space configurations. Apartment sizes range from 1,281 sq ft to 3,606 sq ft. Units will be launched this weekend at an average price of $2,000 psf.

Elsewhere, City Developments will launch its 429-unit Tree House on Chestnut Avenue. Prices start from around $600,000 for a 721 sq ft two-bedroom apartment, agents say.

Analysts have warned that government policy risk could come back into focus following March's strong sales.

'We believe that policy risk still exists,' said DBS Group Research analyst Adrian Chua. 'Back in January, strong monthly sales of around 1,480 units triggered a second wave of government measures.'

Deutsche Bank likewise raised a red flag last week. The bank's analysts believe possible measures the government could use to cool the market include increasing the supply of land, lowering the loan-to-value limit for second home purchases and a capital gains tax.

Despite this, analysts believe that home sales are likely to stay healthy for the rest of the year amid Singapore's economic recovery.

Mr Chua has raised his 2010 forecast for private home sales to 10,000-12,000 units, from 8,000-10,000 units, following strong Q1 2010 numbers.

A trend for new new launches, not necessarily mass market. Developers maximising space with outside rubbish chute and multi storey carpark. At least this Treehouse, developer still bother to dig underground carpark which is very expensive from a construction standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ... but then one more time, rubbish chute is outside...
    Is this going to be a trend for all mass market projects ?

The are desperately trying to sellout the project fast by deploying cheque first before viewing tactic. I think the cheques is more for the marketing agents to show the developer that they are getting positive response for the project. The practice of giving blank cheques to the agents should be banned altogether as agents have no right to fill in the figures on behalf of buyers even when buyers wish to buy a unit and this is deemed as unethical.

If desperate the agent will be inviting you to preview already and splash all over the papers lah. The fact that u need to show cheque to go preview means they not desperate lah.

This tactic may backfire if there is not enough interest, so can only be used for projects with higher than average interest level. CDL can't be too desperate here simply becos they bought the land cheap cheap. They r unlikely to lose money here.

this project is a flop for a few reasons i will state:

1. no good schools in the vicinity (The 2 cock schools within walking distance in the vicinity are filled with gangsters)

2. MRT a very very long walk away to Cashew station

3. Can hardly walk to any eateries, supermarket or nearby amenities (basically nothing around)

4. Walking home from the main road at night is too quiet and unsafe.

This tactic may backfire if there is not enough interest, so can only be used for projects with higher than average interest level. CDL can't be too desperate here simply becos they bought the land cheap cheap. They r unlikely to lose money here.

People are obsessed with the so-called greenery view. Don't worry, it will be a sell out success, how valuable is it after TOP is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    this project is a flop for a few reasons i will state:

1. no good schools in the vicinity (The 2 cock schools within walking distance in the vicinity are filled with gangsters)

2. MRT a very very long walk away to Cashew station

3. Can hardly walk to any eateries, supermarket or nearby amenities (basically nothing around)

4. Walking home from the main road at night is too quiet and unsafe.

yesterday, i drove thru Treehouse at chestnut ave.

well, my 2 cents opinion at present :

1) lots of cars along the straight small road leading up the treehouse.

2) i could see at least 5 agents touting at the road side, Got 1 agent came to my car and ask if i am interested in the trsshouse, and i ask why are they here,He replied me that they are getting cheques before unit release for preview which is today 22nd april.

Example:If 1 unit is vie within 3 buyers, there will be a ballot between these 3 buyers.

3)There is only 1 bus nearest to Treehouse.There is no market or shops at all.

4) It is not near to any MRT at all..ok? if you really walk to MRT, you need to walk thru the private terrace house (no shelter), down the road to the main road of upper bukit timah.By driving, it takes ard 5 mins, by walking, it will take 20 mins...If you come home by taking mrt, you need to walk up..and it wil lbe quite dark and quiet....anyway, you will walk pass chestnut sec house.

My personal conclusion:
    I will not buy