Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree House (D23, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

How come everytime a mass market condo comes up, all negative comment (recent one is Estuary). We are in a bottom-up recovery driven by HDB prices. If this project can sell 800psf then only you have the chance to flip your D11, D9, D10, D15 at higher profit ... so why talk down the project?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    How come everytime a mass market condo comes up, all negative comment (recent one is Estuary). We are in a bottom-up recovery driven by HDB prices. If this project can sell 800psf then only you have the chance to flip your D11, D9, D10, D15 at higher profit ... so why talk down the project?
    To buy or not is very personal, most opinions expressed here are personal, just take it as one person's view.

I also won't buy this one, for my own personal reasons.

I will buy if i am a hdb upgrader ~~

tks for sharing yr research. i was quite tempted beforehand, putting aside any price sentiments, leasehold not freehold, blah-blah...., these are very useful practical facts that needs to be taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Lim Family
    yesterday, i drove thru Treehouse at chestnut ave.

well, my 2 cents opinion at present :

1) lots of cars along the straight small road leading up the treehouse.

2) i could see at least 5 agents touting at the road side, Got 1 agent came to my car and ask if i am interested in the trsshouse, and i ask why are they here,He replied me that they are getting cheques before unit release for preview which is today 22nd april.

Example:If 1 unit is vie within 3 buyers, there will be a ballot between these 3 buyers.

3)There is only 1 bus nearest to Treehouse.There is no market or shops at all.

4) It is not near to any MRT at all..ok? if you really walk to MRT, you need to walk thru the private terrace house (no shelter), down the road to the main road of upper bukit timah.By driving, it takes ard 5 mins, by walking, it will take 20 mins...If you come home by taking mrt, you need to walk up..and it wil lbe quite dark and quiet....anyway, you will walk pass chestnut sec house.

My personal conclusion:
    I will not buy

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat, 22 April 2010 9.36 am
    Maybe they need another chance to prove that they are right after being insulted by The Shore Residences, The Estuary, The Vision, Altez, Coralis, 76 Shenton, The Interlace, Waterbank at Dakota, etc.?

Everyone needs a second chance.

A few years ago, Buongkok also very ulu and MRT station does not even open but look at the place today ... Chestnut is ulu but for how long it will remain so?

I am not invested.

[quote=bargain hunter]People are obsessed with the so-called greenery view. Don't worry, it will be a sell out success, how valuable is it after TOP is a different story. [/quote)

I get the sense that you could be spot on with your prediction. Anyway CDL wont go to preview stage if they are not confident of selling at least 70% of released units....too much reputation at stake.

Other than 76 Shenton and Estuary - the rest are not sold out leh! This morning I still hear the "Waterbank" advertsiing non-stop on radio. Those buying to "flip" are having problems now. In fact, for some D15 resale condos, the banks are not even supporting the valuation the sellers are asking for. Anyway, today afternoon is the VVIP preview right? morning supposed for insiders. Would be interesting to see how many units they can sell/ballot in just few hours. And don't say people house "ulu" and "countryside" lah. Some people just like to be away from the crowded areas. At least they give lots of car park space.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Maybe they need another chance to prove that they are right after being insulted by The Shore Residences, The Estuary, The Vision, Altez, Coralis, 76 Shenton, The Interlace, Waterbank at Dakota, etc.?

Everyone needs a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by august, 20 April 2010 9.27 am
    Tree House 太抢手 买私宅也要抽签

又有一个新的房地产项目将推出!坐落武吉班让最新公寓项目“Tree House”在来临的星期四推出时,预料将需要以抽签方式出售。

但是,据市场人士透露,房地产经记收到买家1000多张支票,单是发展商指定的一个销售队伍,到上个周末就有300多张支票,准备在推出时呈交预 订。

经记也指出,附近十哩广场地段今年2月的标价是1亿6400万元,在广场上建造推出的单位每平方英尺售价,可能比Tree House平均的800多元吸引买家决定购买的原因之一
    If only some can learn to read the article you posted, then they will know why more than 1,000 cheques have been received.

It seems like your effort have gone down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon, 22 April 2010 11.01 am
    Other than 76 Shenton and Estuary - the rest are not sold out leh! This morning I still hear the "Waterbank" advertsiing non-stop on radio. Those buying to "flip" are having problems now. In fact, for some D15 resale condos, the banks are not even supporting the valuation the sellers are asking for. Anyway, today afternoon is the VVIP preview right? morning supposed for insiders. Would be interesting to see how many units they can sell/ballot in just few hours. And don't say people house "ulu" and "countryside" lah. Some people just like to be away from the crowded areas. At least they give lots of car park space.
    The insult needs not be in the form of "sold out".

The insult can be in the form of "selling very well at a premium price" so that "I can slap your face for uttering those biased cristism on me."

Singapore "ulu" means lack of amenities/transport option. Once I watched a CCTV show rewarding a teacher in China who must become cliffhanger everyday to reach his school to teach ... this is the real ulu.

http://www.edu.cn/zhuan_ti_5118/2009...7_370993.shtml

To reach the village/school, this is the only way, takes 20-30mins.

I wanted to go take a look but heard it is selling out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    If only some can learn to read the article you posted, then they will know why more than 1,000 cheques have been received.

It seems like your effort have gone down the drain.
    What's the link? Ten Miles Junction is miles away from TreeHouse. I would rather buy MaySpring if I want to take full advantage of it.

Just received an update from my agent:

The mid floor units for stack 4 2+S units are priced abt $850-$860psf range

Nice condo, in a way like Raintree. Can buy to keep mistress. Or those driving & retiring. Not much condo in Singapore can have reservoir and bukit timah hill views at the same time.

For capital appreciation, rental yield or general "mid-life" dwelling (kids schooling, parent to take care, everyday rushing here & there, etc), no point lah.

For all viewing pleasure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just my personal views on this development. Personally I like this area cos of the proximity to greenery and nature, which will be a rare sight in time to come.

Observations from Stack 7 perspective:
    I made a visit to the nearby HDBs, the Pierce Reservoir view is to me worth a million bucks but that is if you are at least on levels 18 up to be able to have the panoramic view of the horizon... The killer for me though was the road noise and dust from BKE, it was normal traffic condition on the day of my survey, so I cant imagine the noise if it was a heavy traffic condition. This greatly discounted the premium I was willing to pay for a high floor for stack 7... Seriously, at lower floors below level 18 (note that tree house is on sunken ground compared to the HDBs I went to at Petir Rd) it's not worth paying any premium cos you would just be looking at tree tops w/o the grandeur of having the panoramic view towards the horizon.

My second consideration was for Stack 4:
    Stack 4 faces Bt Timah reserve, which looked good to me as well. Ideally if I get Stack 4 higher floors with the balcony, I would still be able to have a view of Pierce Reservoir to my left to Hillview/Bt Batok nature reserves to my right. However this is at risk of being blocked as the empty plots just beside tree house going towards Dairy Farm road can easily fit two to three more developments.

I was still quite enthu when I submitted my cheque, but after my survey trip of the area, became half-hearted already... Now with the pricing going above $850psf for the units I was eyeing, coupled that I can only look for lower floor units.... My interest is down to 10%.

Anyway will still make a trip down to chat with my agent, but may not stay for my 5pm balloting.

Just my thots ...

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Nice condo, in a way like Raintree. Can buy to keep mistress. Or those driving & retiring. Not much condo in Singapore can have reservoir and bukit timah hill views at the same time.

For capital appreciation, rental yield or general "mid-life" dwelling (kids schooling, parent to take care, everyday rushing here & there, etc), no point lah.

For all viewing pleasure.
    Cant agree more with you... Thanks for the pix, save my trip into the showroom later hahaha... Hopefully URA will release the sites nearer to the Dairy Farm Road, this shd be more ideal, less chance of being blocked and definitely nearer to MRT compared to the current Tree House site.

Quote Originally Posted by iCon2
    Cant agree more with you... Thanks for the pix, save my trip into the showroom later hahaha... Hopefully URA will release the sites nearer to the Dairy Farm Road, this shd be more ideal, less chance of being blocked and definitely nearer to MRT compared to the current Tree House site.
    No problems. Thought I have already put up some pictures last week? If I know it could be helpful I will try putting up all of 30 of them, it has been in my computer for the last 2 weeks.

Please take note of a possible temple or mosque beside the treehouse.

No problems. Thought I have already put up some pictures last week? If I know it could be helpful I will try putting up all of 30 of them, it has been in my computer for the last 2 weeks.

Please take note of a possible temple or mosque beside the treehouse.
    Yes I saw your pix from your earlier posting ... Cos today D-day for Tree House, so thot I shd pop by this forum to take a look at the messages or perhaps "insider" news lol.

Agents are saying that as Ten Mile junction was bidded at a high price, the developer would have to pitch their launch price at a much higher price... Thus likely that Tree house psf would appreciate as well... Generally not wrong to say that but if I am not able to get a choice unit, chances are slim for me to let go my unit at a premium... Not intending to follow the herd to grab whatever unit available. Especially now have to hold at least 1 yr so that wont be subject to seller's stamp duty, second half of economy likely to be slowly, the mess in europe and definitely worsened by icelandic volcanic eruption etc ... So most likely will pass on this development.

Of cos if buying for own stay the considerations will be slightly different la.
    Last edited by iCon2; 22-04-10 at 14:23.

Actually I'm not "surprised" by the pricing. It is within expectations, esp when Estuary which is definitely much further away from town is already at that price level. If you look at the resale at the area, be it Dairy Farm or Cashew or Hillview - they are already at the $750 - $850 psf levels for largish units - so this is more a "mid market" area - unless u go futher down to Bt Panjang or CCK - you will not get $600psf here. So developer will try their luck to sell a brand new condo (albeit 99 yrs LH) higher.

Just received an update from my agent:

The mid floor units for stack 4 2+S units are priced abt $850-$860psf range

Smile TREE HOUSE

Project Name: TREE HOUSE
    Developer: Chestnut Avenue Developments Pte Ltd
    Property Type: Condominium
    Tenure: 99 years from 23 Nov 2009
    Completion Date: 31 Dec 2014
    Total Units: 429
    District No: 23

>>> click here for more details and floor plans >>>

Hi all, any idea how much the preview discount precentage is? Also whats the psf pricing for the 3 or 3+S bedders? Appreciate if can update! Thanks!

Yes I saw your pix from your earlier posting ... Cos today D-day for Tree House, so thot I shd pop by this forum to take a look at the messages or perhaps "insider" news lol.

Agents are saying that as Ten Mile junction was bidded at a high price, the developer would have to pitch their launch price at a much higher price... Thus likely that Tree house psf would appreciate as well... Generally not wrong to say that but if I am not able to get a choice unit, chances are slim for me to let go my unit at a premium... Not intending to follow the herd to grab whatever unit available. Especially now have to hold at least 1 yr so that wont be subject to seller's stamp duty, second half of economy likely to be slowly, the mess in europe and definitely worsened by icelandic volcanic eruption etc ... So most likely will pass on this development.

Of cos if buying for own stay the considerations will be slightly different la.
    hahhahahahha...

slightly more than 1000psf for the 24 storey 840sqft 2+S.
    Hard to say if this is good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Actually I'm not "surprised" by the pricing. It is within expectations, esp when Estuary which is definitely much further away from town is already at that price level. If you look at the resale at the area, be it Dairy Farm or Cashew or Hillview - they are already at the $750 - $850 psf levels for largish units - so this is more a "mid market" area - unless u go futher down to Bt Panjang or CCK - you will not get $600psf here. So developer will try their luck to sell a brand new condo (albeit 99 yrs LH) higher.
    The tenure for the area you cited are FH properties... I am seriously grappling with paying that kind of psf for a 99 yr property when i can get a FH in the same area.

Personally if the Tree House units are priced around the $750-$780 psf, I would still consider... But from the feel of the sentiments, Tree House should sell-out la.

hahhahahahha...

slightly more than 1000psf for the 24 storey 840sqft 2+S.
    Hard to say if this is good or bad.
    Would this be for Stack 7 just beside BKE? The Zhenghua park between tree house and BKE cant block any BKE noise at all if the unit is high floor... But can guarantee the view from level 24 must be fantastic!

This was taken from the nearby HBD, think from level 18 corridor:

See ya... Gonna meet my agent to collect back my cheque

Would this be for Stack 7 just beside BKE? The Zhenghua park between tree house and BKE cant block any BKE noise at all if the unit is high floor... But can guarantee the view from level 24 must be fantastic!

wah! good view leh!

Is this the only condo is the whole of singapore that does not have bay windows? Is that the selling point?

think you are the most insider for this project liao. do update us on the good sales figures.

from here on, new projects should not have bay windows or planters any more.

i think greenery is the selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Is this the only condo is the whole of singapore that does not have bay windows? Is that the selling point?

good view of expressway?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    wah! good view leh!