Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Tree House (D23, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by iCon2
    Hahaha that was what my friend was telling me when he accompanied me for my survey of the Petir area... He said why pay so much for 99 yrs condo when u can get bigger area and priced cheaper from HDB
    If taking your comparision base on such manner, Singapore will have LOTS of sites where HDB will be a better buy over private properties. And incidentally, this will prove 85% of Singapore HDB dweller are smarter than then the dumbass that are into private properties in this condo forum.

Land is big with good distance between blocks. But how about unit size? Would the room be too small for comfort where 2br is 7XX sqft, 2+1 is 8XXsqft ?!

Wouldn't such "balloting" slow down the entire sale process? I wonder why the developer bother to do such things. "First come first chope" still better. I was keen to go down for the preview but then the thought of waiting for the balloting just puts me off. The developer must be regretting not building more "hot" 2 bedders which fetch higher PSF.

Quote Originally Posted by iCon2
    My agent just came to deliver my cheque back to me. Was not able to retrieve my cheque as my forms were already in a box ready to be drawn out by balloting... Queue number drawn was #222 supposedly from the 5pm balloting slot...

Understand briefly from agent just now that developer released most of the stacks for booking today except for two stacks... meaning 16 of 18 stacks were released today. With more than 800 cheques received for balloting today... Developer and agents must be laughing all the way to the bank... Wondering if rest of the units will be sold by this weekend?

heard a fight almost broke out between ERA and Huttons agents over choice units...anyone fortunate enough to witness it?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    heard a fight almost broke out between ERA and Huttons agents over choice units...anyone fortunate enough to witness it?
    oh man i love it lol ~~

SG police shld be there to patrol instead of harassing 5 ppl walking in a peaceful procession

Woo hoo! Someone should have recorded down all the drama man and post it here! The ERA vs Huttons duel. Everyone needs some drama to brighten up the day...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

Update from H88.com.sg

Tree House is doing very very well.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Update...20very%20well/

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Wouldn't such "balloting" slow down the entire sale process? I wonder why the developer bother to do such things. "First come first chope" still better. I was keen to go down for the preview but then the thought of waiting for the balloting just puts me off. The developer must be regretting not building more "hot" 2 bedders which fetch higher PSF.
    I agree. I don't why they bother to ballot. So does that mean if you don't get the unit you balloted for, you have to ballot again? I wonder how many people give up after one ballot.

I was looking at a different condo elsewhere, and I completely switched off when the agent was trying to explain to me the arduous balloting process. And ended up giving that condo a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by G17
    I agree. I don't why they bother to ballot. So does that mean if you don't get the unit you balloted for, you have to ballot again? I wonder how many people give up after one ballot.

I was looking at a different condo elsewhere, and I completely switched off when the agent was trying to explain to me the arduous balloting process. And ended up giving that condo a miss.
    From what you said the balloting method looks quite complicated. Some months ago I was in the ballot for Hundred Trees at West Coast. You still had to give them a blank cheque before being called up for balloting. However the balloting was for a queue number & not for a particular unit. When my turn came most of the 2 b/r units were gone. There's was no time to even view the model. I had to join the queue to buy immediately upon entering the showhouse. Luckily managed to get the 2nd last available 2b/r unit.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    WAHAHAHAHA!!!!

MBT gonna come out with more cooling measures liao!
    wow so many wet market,aunties and uncles "kia" they buy blindly when hearsay buy properties sure earn money..just like in stock market, aunties and uncles buy for the sake of hearsay only.. whahahaha..

Just make sure got enuf funds to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Is this the only condo is the whole of singapore that does not have bay windows? Is that the selling point?

No...the 1st will be Water Bank.. while the coming new projects are mostly likely without bay windows...

anyone knows who is the main contractor for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    hahaha.. Was still thinking if the sweeping statement made earlier had some impacts on the female gene here and wo.. saw your statement.. hahah..

Not exactly "million-dollar" view, best facing stack 7 on both side cost around 850k for the 23th storey with a 2+S. And if you open up comparision between HDB and Private Properties here, I think this thread can go up to hundred of posts.
    nope.. i agree treehouse has its own merits, and for some people, staying in a private property with swimming pool/tennis courts/landscaped surrounding and what not is a must-have in life; hence this over-rides all price considerations against the HDB. That's what keeps this forum alive too.

strictly speaking from an investment angle, my personal view is that all mass market (imho defined as located in OCR) private properties that have 99-year tenure are not significantly different from HDB, and from a yield perspective (be it capital gains and/or rental income), HDB is often more attractive. hence the rationale for purchasing such properties should be based on attractiveness of self-stay rather than for investment.

850k for a 23rd storey 2bdrm+S is quite reasonably priced for those who want to self-stay, esp in current market conditions. Prices really went berserk over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    nope.. i agree treehouse has its own merits, and for some people, staying in a private property with swimming pool/tennis courts/landscaped surrounding and what not is a must-have in life; hence this over-rides all price considerations against the HDB. That's what keeps this forum alive too.

strictly speaking from an investment angle, my personal view is that all mass market (imho defined as located in OCR) private properties that have 99-year tenure are not significantly different from HDB, and from a yield perspective (be it capital gains and/or rental income), HDB is often more attractive. hence the rationale for purchasing such properties should be based on attractiveness of self-stay rather than for investment.

850k for a 23rd storey 2bdrm+S is quite reasonably priced for those who want to self-stay, esp in current market conditions. Prices really went berserk over the past year.
    How come we don't see this kind of pricing for district 13?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i strongly believe the agents have no idea whats the future development there ..

i have dealt with agents in many countries .. and sad to say ..sporean agents really no standard .. sell for selling sake

ask them why is this a good project..they tell you 10 Mile junction bidded very high (thats what the paper says?)

ask them whats the usable and unusable space ..they give estimate

ask them maintenance fee,... they agar agar

ask them anything...they can never give you a real answer .. cos they scared you hold them to it ..as they are not sure themselves

the only thing they are sure ..if asked, is their commision .. how many pct ..that they know ..

ever wonder why they are called Agents .. and not a professional title like Realtor .. as in other countries ???

Realtors will do their homework ..on the project / unit they are selling.. make price comparison, study the rental demand, yield, growth potential of the location, future projects, govt projects, etc etc ..

ask realtor anything sensible ..and you WILL get answer .. not an agaration , or guess-timation ..

s
    Bro, sometimes in todays' hot market. By the time you finished your questions, the project get's sold out liao.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    How come we don't see this kind of pricing for district 13?
    D13 needs time... dun kan-cheong, yield is good while D13 gets polished right? look at Lor Chuan. prices went berserk too after international school gets moved in.

just wait for the election, international school, nexmall, woodleigh interchange, woodleigh mrt and all the devts at woodleigh to come through... and in the meantime, enjoy the rental $$$ or the self-stay. =) nobody overpays in potong pasir so far, so no worries. =) the entire FH woodsville stretch was launched at $500-$750psf over the past 3 years, and the woodleigh stretch was launched at $650-$850psf. pay (too much) in haste, repent at leisure.... so far no one paid too much anyway. so we wait. after all the american school (with its 2500 students, much bigger than the existing premise at Lor Chuan which can only take 600 students) will fuel rental demand in that area for a long time to come.

enuf said in a D23 thread. let's not digress (i know mea culpa too). I am looking for a landed in D13, so better to keep a lid on prices there too.

i went this afternoon to kay poh ~
    eh? how come car park not many cars, the tent is empty leh, bo lang... everyone in the air con show flat .. orhhh no wonder bcos already over 70% sold out!

no fights to see, all peaceful & quiet ...

surrounding areas is nice, all green green lush nature .. but alas they are all zoned for residential development.. when? no one knows ~~

400+ units, underground car park with over 470 lots, 50m lap pool... aqua gym, 2 tennis courts.
    overall ok lah, is wat one will expect of a mass mkt project.. 2 bedder maintenance starts from $300+ kinda ex...

verdict: BUY! (for own stay)

me not vested hor

City Dev sells over 85% of launched Tree House units
    By Ephraim Seow | Posted: 23 April 2010 1949 hrs
    Photos 1 of 1
    City Developments Limited

SINGAPORE: Property developer City Developments said it sold over 85 per cent of the 350 units launched at its latest development, Tree House, during a private preview on Thursday.

Tree House is a 99-year leasehold condominium located within the Upper Bukit Timah and Chestnut Avenue private residential estate.

The development comprises four towers of 24-storey apartments with 429 units.

CDL said units from two to four bedrooms, including penthouses, were taken up at the event on Thursday.

The apartments are priced at about S$800 per square foot on average.

And those released for sale on Thursday ranged from S$640,000 for two-bedroom units to about S$2.4 million for the five-bedroom penthouses.

CDL said 80 per cent of the buyers are Singaporeans.

It added that it will launch the remaining units progressively this weekend.

CDL's Group General Manager Chia Ngiang Hong said the group tendered for the land site last year because it saw potential for an eco-inspired residential development in the tranquil estate.

He added that Tree House appeals to buyers who are looking for value for money and high investment potential. - CNA/vm

hahahha... In my opinion, the restriction/regulation on HDB make it SO much different..

For a same price and area, if I got to chose 1 between the 2, I will chose tree house.

Again, thats me.
    This I agree with up... again different people different needs... Went to see one balestier unit with my friend, who only buys 999 or FH properties.... hmmm the unit was asking for abt $1.3mil... sigh when we went for open house, the owner was not around, his friend was there and in the apartment there were ladies undies hanging everywhere from balcony to the rooms... There was a group of china girls playing mahjong and smoking, oblivious of the people viewing the unit... Not saying all the units or developments around there are like that, but I think in some areas you do attract a certain kind of crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Frankly I do not like this system too... I prefer the developer to confirm their pricing then launch, and then buyers get to buy their units on 1st come 1st served basis.

Before this past Monday, agents were estimating that the units would be launched at 850psf with a good buffer built-in... But I think the 800 over cheques that was received for balloting this past Monday, may have played a part in influencing the developer to launch their units at a higher psf cos they already have a very good indication of the level of buyer's interest for this development.

Quote Originally Posted by jsh
    From what you said the balloting method looks quite complicated. Some months ago I was in the ballot for Hundred Trees at West Coast. You still had to give them a blank cheque before being called up for balloting. However the balloting was for a queue number & not for a particular unit. When my turn came most of the 2 b/r units were gone. There's was no time to even view the model. I had to join the queue to buy immediately upon entering the showhouse. Luckily managed to get the 2nd last available 2b/r unit.
    Tree House's balloting system is the same as what you have described with Hundred Trees... That was why I didnt bother to wait for my balloting time at 5pm cos by then the units I was eyeing were already taken...

hahahha... In my opinion, the restriction/regulation on HDB make it SO much different..
    The difference between private property and HDB is not in the property itself, but the view outside the window.

Especially the sky, which looks much more beautiful when viewed out of a condo window than of an HDB window.

The same applies to cars. Refer to the following post I made last October.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...67&postcount=9

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    The difference between private property and HDB is not in the property itself, but the view outside the window.

Especially the sky, which looks much more beautiful when viewed out of a condo window than of an HDB window.

The same applies to cars. Refer to the following post I made last October.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...67&postcount=9
    Oh yes, you certainly enlighten us. Even when one dig his nose by the windows, he is diggin.. oh, so gracefully. And a lighted cigarette thrown out of the windows will be mistaken as shooting star causing lower floor resident scrambled to make a wish.

I do remember your car analogy. On the same context, looking a bus-stop girl via a cab windows is certainly different comparing looking out from a baby lambo.

The later may cause accident.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate, SkyscraperCity-Tree House, 23 April 2010 6.32 pm
    tks bro..it hit 1000psf for top flrs smallest 2bedder...cheers
    $1,000 psf. Is it true?

Today is public launch right? CDL can't be bothered to place a full page ad on the papers. Must be super confident of selling ...

anyone went down today? 100% sold already?

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    borrowed a pic from my friend...this was this afternoon at Treehouse.

2 Bedrm (721 to 990Sqft) : 48 units - SOLD
    2+Study (807 to 1098qft) : 72 units -2 units left
    I personally don't think its nice to post pictures of others here, regardless of how u got it. . .

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    anyone went down today? 100% sold already?
    Selling fast but not fully sold yet.

Stack 9 just released today.

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    Selling fast but not fully sold yet.

Stack 9 just released today.
    Is the price higher than what was sold on thursday?