Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Luxus Hills

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    One of the glaring problem for Luxus Hills is that the roads are all marked with single white line. No cars are therefore allowed to park outside the houses. All visitors must either leave their vehicles inside your house or hitch a ride or take public transport (minus MRT). Hmmm... drove in to kapo and noticed that all the many vehicles were illegally parked and when both sides have vehicles, the space left for the moving vehicle to roll along the road becomes so so narrow. Hmmm...
    Same case to Pavilion Park.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    guessing la. wind30 mentioned that he lives around yio chu kang/lentor area. i have an uncle that stays at countryside road and near the stretch he mentioned. but then i do not think that the roads are that wide. the older landed estates have much wider roads. anyway even with these roads they are wider than those HDB roads going to the loading area of blocks or multi storey carparks. those are the narrowest build.
    I consider any road that can park two cars wide. You should not have problem finding parking when you visit your uncle right?

I feel it is fairly reasonable if the road can park 1 car on each side and still passable to 1 car. Some places eg landed near Thomson plaza can only park 1 car and that's where neighbors tend to bicker.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I feel it is fairly reasonable if the road can park 1 car on each side and still passable to 1 car. Some places eg landed near Thomson plaza can only park 1 car and that's where neighbors tend to bicker.
    so then the question would be which is a better buy, Luxus hikk or Pavilion Park

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    so then the question would be which is a better buy, Luxus hikk or Pavilion Park
    Most people will prefer luxus hills as the built up is bigger. There is no household shelter in luxus hills. Luxus hills is more expensive than pavilion park.

Yup the impt thing is to be able to park both sides. Any wider is not that useful as you can't possibly park in the middle.

If your estate is quiet one car width is probably enough as you seldom have oncoming traffic. But if your estate is like telok kurau then maybe not.

Most people will prefer luxus hills as the built up is bigger. There is no household shelter in luxus hills. Luxus hills is more expensive than pavilion park.
    I think Luxus Hills more ex than Pavilion is due to location rather than the built-up.

Design / Facade wise, I think Pavilion wins hands down.

It is one thing that the road width allows 2 cars to park, its another thing that the road is a single white line running along in the middle of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I think Luxus Hills more ex than Pavilion is due to location rather than the built-up.

Design / Facade wise, I think Pavilion wins hands down.
    Location wise I prefer Pavilion Park cos there is greenery and the place seems exclusive like a world of its own. Luxus Hills trees have not grown fully yet.
    Also no need to use CTE to get home!
    I also need a potential in this place since it is near the Jurong Lake district.
    And who knows many years later when Tengah Town develops, this place will become even more popular- but that's like so many years later!

Of course Luxus Hills is more convenient especially with Sheng siong just few metres away.

However I feel that Pavilion Park should not have bay windows and I find the built in small and space not as well utilized as Luxus Hills.

Facade wise, each phase in Pavilion Park looks a little different from the previous phase. Whereas Luxus Hills all look alike for the time being.

I dun think most wld concur that Jurong is a better location than Ang Mo Kio. The distance to town is already far off regardless of the traffic conditions and how much ERP one needs to pay.

Property prices are all tagged to location ie proximity to town or MRT or amenities.

The other factors are secondary. Even if facade of Luxus Hills is bad, one can spend $$$ to change it. But there is no way u can change location unless u sell and move away.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I dun think most wld concur that Jurong is a better location than Ang Mo Kio. The distance to town is already far off regardless of the traffic conditions and how much ERP one needs to pay.

Property prices are all tagged to location ie proximity to town or MRT or amenities.

The other factors are secondary. Even if facade of Luxus Hills is bad, one can spend $$$ to change it. But there is no way u can change location unless u sell and move away.
    convenient with proximity to mrt or amenities yes....but how many times do you go to town every wk or every mth?? unless you work there. How far is far to you? This is a relative question. If you work in Jurong and stays in AMK, would it be very far for you then?
    if today the development opp industrial park can grow significantly, then i think getting nearer to Jurong District Pk will have a relatively bigger potential I'm not saying that Jurong is better than AMK but this is really a relative question and very dependent...

To me both Jurong n AMK are CMI area!
    But I am more familiar with Jurong as I lived there a short while when I got married, so there is sort of an attachment to that area, especially to the wet market.

To me both Jurong n AMK are CMI area!
    But I am more familiar with Jurong as I lived there a short while when I got married, so there is sort of an attachment to that area, especially to the wet market.
    So our PM is in charge of a CMI area...

Time to lim kopi? Breakfast time...

So our PM is in charge of a CMI area...
    Aiyo don't say until liddat lah!
    CMI in terms of location.
    Nothing to do with running of the town.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Time to lim kopi? Breakfast time...
    Wah, liddat will oso kenna lim kopi?

Luxus - within 1 km to branded pri school, Rosyth. If want to stay in landed and within 1 km of this school, not much choices..

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Luxus - within 1 km to branded pri school, Rosyth. If want to stay in landed and within 1 km of this school, not much choices..
    Rosyth pri moving temporarily coz of upgrading or something? Also, heard that the school has stopped accepting Parent Volunteer so really low low chance of even balloting unless you have other connection such as alumni or sibling studying there...

Rosyth pri moving temporarily coz of upgrading or something? Also, heard that the school has stopped accepting Parent Volunteer so really low low chance of even balloting unless you have other connection such as alumni or sibling studying there...
    Yes, Rosyth now at temp holding school while old site is undergoing upgrading. Got a relative whose kids are schooling there.

From MOE website:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admi...rging-schools/

Rosyth School4300 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 S(569869)School is currently at holding location, 4300 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 S(569869) (Former ITE College West [Ang Mo Kio]) due to upgrading.
    It will relocate back to 21 Serangoon North Avenue 4 S(555855) in Dec 2013.

Yes, Rosyth now at temp holding school while old site is undergoing upgrading. Got a relative whose kids are schooling there.

From MOE website:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admi...rging-schools/

Rosyth School4300 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 S(569869)School is currently at holding location, 4300 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 S(569869) (Former ITE College West [Ang Mo Kio]) due to upgrading.
    It will relocate back to 21 Serangoon North Avenue 4 S(555855) in Dec 2013.
    Just in time for 2014 intake!!!

to me to most inaccessible part of singapore is in Bukit Panjang, Yew tee, Choa chu kang area. I will never buy there. be it MRT, Bus or Driving. it always takes the longest time to get to town or CBD.

to me to most inaccessible part of singapore is in Bukit Panjang, Yew tee, Choa chu kang area. I will never buy there. be it MRT, Bus or Driving. it always takes the longest time to get to town or CBD.
    Inaccessible?
    Why?
    Most parts of Singapore are rather accessible.
    I think it is equally long to get to the other outskirts eg Pasir Ris from town.

Inaccessible?
    Why?
    Most parts of Singapore are rather accessible.
    I think it is equally long to get to the other outskirts eg Pasir Ris from town.
    KPE and TPE connects town to Pasir Ris in about 15 to 18 mins. . Not too sure about west side to town though.

KPE and TPE connects town to Pasir Ris in about 15 to 18 mins. . Not too sure about west side to town though.
    Yup driving yes.... shorter by a few minutes (maybe 15 minutes) to get to East Side. But what is 15 minutes?
    But by MRT should be about the same.

The psf for properties in AMK vs the psf for properties in Jurong is a testament of why Luxus Hills price is higher than Pavillion Park.

No matter how you pitch Jurong' amenities and transportation to be on par with AMK, it is still a fact of the price disparity.

Me thinks the same too. But for the folks staying there now or before thinks otherwise. Each area has its own supporters. Everyone has their reason for their purchase. At the end of the day, it's how much you can make out of your purchase i.e. which area gives the highest price appreciation by the time you exit, and that will depend on general public opinion of that area.

Just like staying inside CBD, some will say the traffic is congested, kena ERPs in and out, no parking space and etc, but it still commands a premium to live in or nearer the city..

Recently I went to Tuas area for reservist and I realised how crowded the west has become. The traffic there is TERRIBLE. I thought CTE was bad but I think PIE is worse.

I still like my place at Lentor. Cheap and good. I can go east side via TPE easily reach airport in 15mins.

I can reach orchard road in 15mins if NO JAM. Now the CTE traffic is slightly better after widening.

I can reach Woodlands in 15 mins too Via SLE.

I can reach most places pretty fast EXCEPT.... Jurong.

The west is more inaccessible to me because there isn't an expressway that goes direct to Jurong from YCK. I think Jurong is far from everyone else lah... Only close to Tuas.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Recently I went to Tuas area for reservist and I realised how crowded the west has become. The traffic there is TERRIBLE. I thought CTE was bad but I think PIE is worse.

I still like my place at Lentor. Cheap and good. I can go east side via TPE easily reach airport in 15mins.

I can reach orchard road in 15mins if NO JAM. Now the CTE traffic is slightly better after widening.

I can reach Woodlands in 15 mins too Via SLE.

I can reach most places pretty fast EXCEPT.... Jurong.

The west is more inaccessible to me because there isn't an expressway that goes direct to Jurong from YCK. I think Jurong is far from everyone else lah... Only close to Tuas.
    Air quality for those parts of Jurong ( like Jurong West ) near Tuas not good.?.

For me I section Singapore into half. Top and bottom half. I will always look for property south of this line and not beyond clementi

Air quality for those parts of Jurong ( like Jurong West ) near Tuas not good.?.
    So NTU students are all soaked in poorer quality air? I studied there and don't really feel the air quality is that bad lah... SAFTI training ground air is quite good too but the same can't be said about the military training though!

For me I section Singapore into half. Top and bottom half. I will always look for property south of this line and not beyond clementi
    What's your rationale?