Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Luxus Hills

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Buy a interterrace at a better location with land area bigger than 1650sqft for about $1.8mil. Then do A&A to 3 storeys for another 700k so works out to be same price plus a more preferred location?
    The bad thing about buying older estate is that you will face with living in a "construction site" for a long time. Once in a while your neighbouring houses if sold, will be rebuilt, causing noise, dust and traffic problems.

At least for projects like luxus hills, people won't rebuild their houses anytime soon.

Large landed is nice to look at but not convenient to stay in and expensive to maintain. Unless you really crave for exclusiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    went to see the show room last week for fun.

It seems that the showroom is really quiet and they are still not giving discount although we did not really bargain.

anyone managed to ask for discount? Wonder if the prices are coming down. Luxus hills seems to be a nice landed price index since all their units are the same and they sell over a long period of time
    The agent said no discount at all.
    He said even if prices drop, the developer will hold on till prices go up again. These big developers have great holding power.
    So if you want discount, wait for subsale when prices are down.

Phase 1 already TOP and buyers are asking for ridiculous prices... they are still in la la land, is it?

Another landed development that's still selling is Oasis @ Mulberry (D13). But only a few units left. Developer has been slowly selling since around 05/06.

Quote Originally Posted by jesico
    Another landed development that's still selling is Oasis @ Mulberry (D13). But only a few units left. Developer has been slowly selling since around 05/06.
    Yup, went to the showflat of Oasis @ mulberry too few months ago.
    The agent said that the developer will hold on to the units if they can't achieve the price they want, and each launch, the price has to be higher than the last, otherwise they won't sell.

These developers are keeping the landed prices steady...

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The bad thing about buying older estate is that you will face with living in a "construction site" for a long time. Once in a while your neighbouring houses if sold, will be rebuilt, causing noise, dust and traffic problems.

At least for projects like luxus hills, people won't rebuild their houses anytime soon.
    and at times, their renovations causes cracks in your roofing...

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

my estate is 15 years old. Not too old and there isn't a single rebuilt and I don't think there will be any. Partly because the land is small around 18xx sq ft. And partly because the layout is very unique with double height living, split level floors, 3 storeys.

If you don't want to face rebuilt, buy an estate with smaller land area that is built up to three storeys already.

Example, florissa park in Lentor is probably over 25 years old but there are very few rebuilt. Mainly because the layout is quite unique and it is built up to three storeys.

If you buy a single storey estate, sure rebuilt until big big mess. Just buy one that is already three storeys and you will not see many rebuilts.

It is usually beyond 35 years old house that requires rebuild as the land is not maximized. With the relaxation of URA rules on landed, I there will be more older houses undergo A&A and Reconstruction. This is especially in district with high $psf.
    my estate is 15 years old. Not too old and there isn't a single rebuilt and I don't think there will be any. Partly because the land is small around 18xx sq ft. And partly because the layout is very unique with double height living, split level floors, 3 storeys.

If you don't want to face rebuilt, buy an estate with smaller land area that is built up to three storeys already.

Example, florissa park in Lentor is probably over 25 years old but there are very few rebuilt. Mainly because the layout is quite unique and it is built up to three storeys.

If you buy a single storey estate, sure rebuilt until big big mess. Just buy one that is already three storeys and you will not see many rebuilts.

Be the last of the lot to buy these old properties and start your rebuilding process so as to not be caught in the dusty environment...

my wife says a property agent called her about luxus hills and say that now price is negotiable

it seems that prices are really falling. Luxus hills is actually a good property index as all the units are roughly the same and sold over a long period of time.

my wife says a property agent called her about luxus hills and say that now price is negotiable

it seems that prices are really falling. Luxus hills is actually a good property index as all the units are roughly the same and sold over a long period of time.
    Inaccessible. Definitely need car, which is an increasing cost.

I saw their big advertisment over the weekend.
    The prices there have risen so much.
    Previous phases I believe all snapped up very quickily but this time still got left over units.

After increasing price by some 40% from the initial asking and then say prices are now negotiable is simply funny... well, unless can negotiate to slash price by 20% then worth a second look!

After increasing price by some 40% from the initial asking and then say prices are now negotiable is simply funny... well, unless can negotiate to slash price by 20% then worth a second look!

but the point is that previously they can sell at 40% higher price what.

I think we went to view it (for fun) right after the Dec CM was announced and the agents there were still very adamant that no discounts is given.

but the point is that previously they can sell at 40% higher price what.

I think we went to view it (for fun) right after the Dec CM was announced and the agents there were still very adamant that no discounts is given.
    Ya lor, they say even if market crash, developer will just hold on till it recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Ya lor, they say even if market crash, developer will just hold on till it recovers.
    So if one agent tells you that developer will hold price till market recovers and another agent tells another potential buyer that price is negotiable... then, there's an apparent conflict lor... hmmm...
    Last edited by ysyap; 29-02-12 at 13:47.

Typical land area small, ard 1,600 sq ft in an ulu location. Same price, can get much bigger older landed.

Quantum too high.. HDB upgraders unable to make the huge jump. Pte resale is dead. So it explains the lull...

crazy to pay 1500psf land for such location

1100psf is the max i will pay

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Typical land area small, ard 1,600 sq ft in an ulu location. Same price, can get much bigger older landed.

Quantum too high.. HDB upgraders unable to make the huge jump. Pte resale is dead. So it explains the lull...
    Land area so small???

So it's built up to 3 storeys (or more)? What is the built up area?

Hmmm...when one is young, you can walk up and down every day but when getting older, it becomes a chore....oh well I suppose you can count it as your daily exercise.

So if one agent tells you that developer will hold price till market recovers and another agent tells another potential buyer that price is negotiable... then, there's an apparent conflict lor... hmmm...
    That was a few months ago when they first launched phase 5. So mabbe now it's a different story.
    Sis chiaberry, built up about 3600 sq feet. Very spacious n practical. Fell in love with it at first site. But somethings are just not meant for me.
    Yup land area very miserable though. The back yard is just a small narrow strip barely enough to put your clothes there to dry.

That was a few months ago when they first launched phase 5. So mabbe now it's a different story.
    Sis chiaberry, built up about 3600 sq feet. Very spacious n practical. Fell in love with it at first site. But somethings are just not meant for me.
    Yup land area very miserable though. The back yard is just a small narrow strip barely enough to put your clothes there to dry.
    Did you buy?

Will be living v. close to your neighbour. Hope they are considerate.

Let's paint a grim picture... if property prices remain low for next 2 years, does it mean the developer will sit on vacant units for 2 years? I think we can ask for $1.9mil by June.

Let's paint a grim picture... if property prices remain low for next 2 years, does it mean the developer will sit on vacant units for 2 years? I think we can ask for $1.9mil by June.
    hmmm...1.9mil I can consider. But the location is a bit inconvenient for kids who have to take public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Did you buy?

Will be living v. close to your neighbour. Hope they are considerate.
    Nope.... not destined to stay there, if you had read my previous posts.

You think so?
    So Mr B may be right.

You think so?
    So Mr B may be right.
    I'd rather not think of it as Mr B being right coz so many others also believed what Mr B wrote.

I'd rather not think of it as Mr B being right coz so many others also believed what Mr B wrote.
    Yup, not only Mr B..... got Mr A, B, C, D and so on!

Any restriction in terms of rebuilt? Say, 10 years later, I sell the house. Can new owner tear down the house and rebuild it to his own fancy in terms of exterior design? It will change the whole landscape since it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Any restriction in terms of rebuilt? Say, 10 years later, I sell the house. Can new owner tear down the house and rebuild it to his own fancy in terms of exterior design? It will change the whole landscape since it will stand out like a sore thumb.
    Don't think there are restrictions on this. I've seen very beautiful sore thumb too...