Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920253035 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale
    Umm.. what I meant was, in between the Meyer station (at katong park) and the Marine Parade station (at Parkway), there might be an Amber station somewhere. Where, I'm not sure...

hhhmm cant be lah

too close ...

i think if theres going to be one at Marine parade .... if any at Silversea area will be just an exit / entrance

unless there are 2 lines ?

Why is feo grabbing land there eg the shore, silver sea, cape, paramount ?
    There even the sound projt at traditional mm area.
    Ntuc for marine parade mrt is commonly agreed, but what is at the roundabout , juz an entrances to marine parade mrt ?
    As for me, hope for a mrt entrance at Katong mall, for the marine parade mrt, wherever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Why is feo grabbing land there eg the shore, silver sea, cape, paramount ?
    There even the sound projt at traditional mm area.
    Ntuc for marine parade mrt is commonly agreed, but what is at the roundabout , juz an entrances to marine parade mrt ?
    As for me, hope for a mrt entrance at Katong mall, for the marine parade mrt, wherever it is.
    At tat sort of pricing feo r selling, got mrt or not oredi not critical liao....but it will help to pull up other laggards lor...

Katong mall area got space to place an exit?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Can it be possible for the two stations to be so near? Is it economically viable?
    Economically viable or not, its hard to say, but I can point to you that the nearest 2 stations on record are less than 500 metres apart namely Mountbatten and Dakota Stations on the Circle Line.

However, these 2 stations are situated on less densely populated areas than say on Amber and Marine Parade Stations, if one is to believe the rumours.

Just my 2 .

Chances looks so so slim....

Better dun bet on it

With things are now, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    hhhmm cant be lah

too close ...

i think if theres going to be one at Marine parade .... if any at Silversea area will be just an exit / entrance

unless there are 2 lines ?
    Politcally, the station should be at Marine Parade Central, ie parkway area. And under marine parade road. Can't justify the station at Katong Mall and along east coast road when the higher population density is at Marine Parade.... How is Goh Chok Tong/Tin Pei Ling going to answer to their electorate?

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Economically viable or not, its hard to say, but I can point to you that the nearest 2 stations on record are less than 500 metres apart namely Mountbatten and Dakota Stations on the Circle Line.

However, these 2 stations are situated on less densely populated areas than say on Amber and Marine Parade Stations, if one is to believe the rumours.

Just my 2 .
    Thanks for letting us know.

If that is the case - there is an Amber station and a Marine Parade station at the said locations - then what are the stations before and after these 2 stations?

U meant the Tanjong Katong MRT and the Telok Kurau MRT?

Quote Originally Posted by terence
    U meant the Tanjong Katong MRT and the Telok Kurau MRT?
    Are you sure there's going to be a Tanjong Katong station and a Telok Kurau station? Where are they going to be, you think?

It may be annouced alongside win concept plan 2011 in dec. Can ask gct at mps.

Are you sure there's going to be a Tanjong Katong station and a Telok Kurau station? Where are they going to be, you think?
    Shd hf telok kurau at marine crescent there lor.....tanjong katong supposedly under ccl line after paya lebar one.....but no more chance

The stations' location are already known by many. No more guessing.......

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    The stations' location are already known by many. No more guessing.......
    Are you sure?... so who here can tell us what/where the real stations are going to be....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Katong mall area got space to place an exit?
    Right beside it is an open air carpark.

Actually it does not matter where the stations are located. It can be located below Katong mall or Parkway, etc...
    What is more important is the entrance / exit.
    So I think logically there could be more than one entrance /exit .
    Possible entrance / exit
    1) Marine Parade old cinema
    2) Next to Katong mall
    3) Junction of Still road and Marine parade road ( opposite the libary)
    4) Junction of Still road and East Coast road ( opposite Esso Petrol station)

Quote Originally Posted by Duku

Actually it does not matter where the stations are located. It can be located below Katong mall or Parkway, etc...
    Possible entrance / exit
    2) Next to Katong mall
    definitely more den 1 exit....i suspect 3 exits for marine parade stn

That great new to me, as long as there something at Katong mall.
    Cos wife dun drive, and kids can use the mrt to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Duku

Possible entrance / exit
    2) Next to Katong mall

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    That great new to me, as long as there something at Katong mall.
    Cos wife dun drive, and kids can use the mrt to travel.
    But hor vy long wait....prolly 8yrs? Mabe u oredi move out by den?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    But hor vy long wait....prolly 8yrs? Mabe u oredi move out by den?
    8yrs.. alrdy few cycles ba.. probably he bgt new places and shift out lol.. before he see the mrt..

Smile

Unless the school move, i be there, long enough to c the erl completed, and who know,,
    Long enough to see blue umbrella and hammer.....ha ha ha.
    Juz joking,i update this thread in the Nxt few yr, to c how many prediction r correct.

Going by the locations of Yishun MRT, Toa Payoh MRT, AMK Mrt, Bishan MRT, Tampines MRT and Bedok MRT stations, the area near Parkway and Marine Parade Central is most ideal and sensible for a Marine Parade Station if the government is sincere about having one there for the benefit of people. One suitable location is the Marine Parade Road Park which is completely useless as a park now (and no need for one, since that area is next to the beach anyway). That area is too small for property development, but can become an exit/entrance to the Marine Parade Station, and accommodate a proper taxi stand.

That is of course if they go by logic and sense.

Better not factor in MRT for people considering Marine Parade area for buying house yet. Think that line won't be up so soon. Maybe need ten more years then it will be up. By then, the property cycle also dun know move until what stage already. Unless you have super long term view of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Better not factor in MRT for people considering Marine Parade area for buying house yet. Think that line won't be up so soon. Maybe need ten more years then it will be up. By then, the property cycle also dun know move until what stage already. Unless you have super long term view of course.
    market already did ..

see what they have paid for 103yr lease The Shore

Yeah man I agree with u. I think it's too near. It's actually within walking distance - <10min walk from the roundabout to NTUC. I doubt thats where the Amber MRT station will be.

If you ask me, if there's gonna be an Amber MRT station, it might be at the other end of Amber Road, where Tanjong Katong Road South is, near Jalan Seaview area. Agree with me guys?

Perhaps you should try walking under the hot sun from Chinese Swimming Club to NTUC Marine Parade and see whether its as near as u imagine it to be.

Its roughly about 600 metres away and there are so many mrt stations currently in Singapore built 500 to 600 metres away especially in densely population location like Amber and Marine Parade, it makes lot of sense.

In anycase the info I had is reliable info. Up to u guys to believe or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Perhaps you should try walking under the hot sun from Chinese Swimming Club to NTUC Marine Parade and see whether its as near as u imagine it to be.

Its roughly about 600 metres away and there are so many mrt stations currently in Singapore built 500 to 600 metres away especially in densely population location like Amber and Marine Parade, it makes lot of sense.

From Chinese SC to NTUC, wouldn't that entails running the line under some heavy development e.g. Silversea, Cote d'azur, Parkway Parade? Why would the LTA not align it to the Marine Parade Rd?

It is quite possible for the tunnel to be below marine parade road to reduce the risk of soil movement and affect the foundations of buildings as this is a reclaimed land.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterkey
    From Chinese SC to NTUC, wouldn't that entails running the line under some heavy development e.g. Silversea, Cote d'azur, Parkway Parade? Why would the LTA not align it to the Marine Parade Rd?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is quite possible for the tunnel to be below marine parade road to reduce the risk of soil movement and affect the foundations of buildings as this is a reclaimed land.
    Yes they will be more careful now with the experience from the Nicole Highway accident. Isn't Marine Parade a "younger" reclaimed land than than Nicole Highway? They will want to do more extensive soil testing, and adopt higher engineering margin. There are a number of high rise buildings on both sides of the Marine Parade road.

My reliable source said your reliable info is not reliable

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    My reliable source said your reliable info is not reliable
    what is your reliable source saying otherwise?

Haha okay, but I'm still not convinced. To me, it's within walking distance. You can't possibly take a bus to parkway from CSC (it's like 1 bus stop?!) I guess it depends on how reliable your source of information is.

The other question I have is: What is the station before the Amber station, and where is it going to be? I hope your reliable source can provide me with some inside info.. haha

Thanks anyway!