Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Yah, spotted soil tests along amber road, most recently in front of Chinese swimming club. Also around the circus and old carpark. The empty carpark behind Silversea is certainly a large enough space for a station. On-line query from SLA shows it to be state land (HDB).
    Today the soil tests move to front of Cote D'Azur/Parkway Parade.

We can gradually figure out the future line/stations if all D15eses feedback to this forum whevever they spot any tests in the past/future.

spotted several test sites around the katong park area. if you look at the stretch between tanjung rhu and parkway parade, katong park is the most likely location for a MRT station as there is lots of land and close to fort road. This station can also be the main station serving east coast park and the future marina east area. So, don't wait liao... buy the meyer area

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Yah, spotted soil tests along amber road, most recently in front of Chinese swimming club. Also around the circus and old carpark. The empty carpark behind Silversea is certainly a large enough space for a station. On-line query from SLA shows it to be state land (HDB).
    Station is underground so no reason for the need for a big space to house the station. Unlikely for exit to be in the amber area. But train could run through there so soil test is needed. Exit will prob be more in the middle....where govt shop units are. Just my opinion.

As with most underground stations, there will be more than 1 exit.
    It is likely that a number of condominiums can then claim to be near to the MRT.

That way, everyone wins.

As has always been the case, all mrt stations and exits must be in locations whereby they yield the "bestest" benefits and reap the fullest rewards.

Inevitably there must be a station/exit at the Marine Terrace area thereabouts, most likely (in my opinion) near the neighbourhood police post. Firstly, there is a heavy concentration of HDB dwellers (almost 15 blocks) and secondly, the number of schools there; Tao Nan, Katong Convent (Sec and Pri), Ngee Ann Pri, St Patricks Sec and VJC..Thirdly, the existence of a number of new condos and landed properties there.

I have also seen though not recently soil tests done outside Mandarin Gardens, Neptune Court and that stretch of Marine Parade Road running parallel all the way to Tao Nan School.

Just my obseravtions..

Spotted few soil investigations along Victory JC to Mandarin Garden not so long ago.

I remember Siglap V agent told me Siglap station could be infront of Siglap center but I think it is more likely near Mandarin Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by CK
    Station is underground so no reason for the need for a big space to house the station. Unlikely for exit to be in the amber area. But train could run through there so soil test is needed. Exit will prob be more in the middle....where govt shop units are. Just my opinion.
    Gd point but as someone mentioned before, even underground stations need space due to piling caps. Foundation structures need to be avoided. HDB and high rise condos have deep piles plus the proximity to the sea (The ECP is sitting on reclaimed land) will limit the choices to a select few areas. As much as the authorities would like to place the station right smack in the most densely populated site, structural difficulties abound. Look for empty plots or low rise structures as a good bet for stations

Has anyone considered the possibility that the line will be above ground since the land along east coast being reclaimed makes it potentially complex, and thereby expensive, to dig? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Has anyone considered the possibility that the line will be above ground since the land along east coast being reclaimed makes it potentially complex, and thereby expensive, to dig? Just wondering.
    pointless to speculate whether it's above ground or under. just give ah lim a call to find out.

speaking of which that reminds me, he hasn't reverted to my previous sms. maybe busy preparing for elections

...or maybe he not so 'eng'.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    pointless to speculate whether it's above ground or under. just give ah lim a call to find out.

speaking of which that reminds me, he hasn't reverted to my previous sms. maybe busy preparing for elections

Actually, nobody will know until the soil tests are done and results analysed. The fact that such extensive soil tests are being done already points to the intention of an underground line. However, if soil conditions are not good or the underlying structures are not conducive (Foundations, Utility ducts and pipes etc), the decision may be to site the lines/station above ground. Case in point is Bishan going into AMK.

It will be interesting to know whether the track that run through the Laguna Golf Course all the way to Changi Airport will be above ground. Logically should be as it is much cheaper to build. Cannot imagine how golfers hit their balls with trains running on fairways. A real "movable obstruction" ( golf term )!

You are assuming that the Eastern line links to EXPO or Changi, which may not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    It will be interesting to know whether the track that run through the Laguna Golf Course all the way to Changi Airport will be above ground. Logically should be as it is much cheaper to build. Cannot imagine how golfers hit their balls with trains running on fairways. A real "movable obstruction" ( golf term )!

You are assuming that the Eastern line links to EXPO or Changi, which may not be the case.
    read this http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/proj_rail_future.htm and spend more time to do research on other popular forums ....

cool..... will there be a Meyer Station at Katong Park ??

sealover? what does your research tell you? any Meyer Station?

Quote Originally Posted by gtr
    cool..... will there be a Meyer Station at Katong Park ??

As mentioned by someone earlier, Mayer station most probably around Katong Park area.

The question is whether there will be a Amber Station in between Parkway and Meyer.

As mentioned by someone earlier, Mayer station most probably around Katong Park area.

The question is whether there will be a Amber Station in between Parkway and Meyer.

There's a Tanjong Katong station. Any idea where it'll be located?

I think very likely to have a station at katong park to serve the meyer area and future east coat and marina east expansion. A station at katong park will also play nicely with the conservation of the old fort at the park.. it could be a 2 in 1 project. Mrt station with a exhibition hall for the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow
    There's a Tanjong Katong station. Any idea where it'll be located?
    can someone tell me which are the stations in eastern line.
    LTA threads only said telok kurau, sigalp, marine parade...no mentioned of tanjong katong..

btw, any stations near to katong mall areas ..?, or any rumoured stations near there..since all are rumours and hearsay...ha ha

The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

Hi, the above is what i cut and paste from LTA website.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/ltmp/pdf/LTMP_Report.pdf

The above shows the land transport masterplan. I think somewhere it's written as the line will be underground.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/ltmp/pdf/LTMP_Report.pdf

The above shows the land transport masterplan. I think somewhere it's written as the line will be underground.
    I believe the stations will be underground all the way to Bedok/Changi South before it goes surface all the way to Airport/Changi Village.

BTW, the current soil tests opposite PP "quite" intensive....

I believe the stations will be underground all the way to Bedok/Changi South before it goes surface all the way to Airport/Changi Village.

BTW, the current soil tests opposite PP "quite" intensive....
    what do u mean by 'quite' intensive?

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    what do u mean by 'quite' intensive?
    Many points within a short distance

yup, an associate was saying very possibly the old joo chiat police station will be the underground station and exits will be one near Katong mall and the other at Marine Parade Road. Have you wondered why new projects along that Katong stretch like Shore residences, Moda have no underground car parks? Is it just costs or is it because they can't get approval?

yup, an associate was saying very possibly the old joo chiat police station will be the underground station and exits will be one near Katong mall and the other at Marine Parade Road. Have you wondered why new projects along that Katong stretch like Shore residences, Moda have no underground car parks? Is it just costs or is it because they can't get approval?
    Coralis and Parc Seabreeze have underground carparks though.

So much speculations on MRT.. 10 years is a long period ahead. And by then, you might have sold your current hse and move elsewhere. Or our dear PAP may change or delay its plans.

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Coralis and Parc Seabreeze have underground carparks though.
    yep, so my guess is maybe it'll cut across from katong police station and have an exit at the marine parade side (old cinema)?

yep, so my guess is maybe it'll cut across from katong police station and have an exit at the marine parade side (old cinema)?
    any telltale sign to pinpoint the police station as future station?