Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: MRT in D15 *eastern region line

Quote Originally Posted by sealover
    My latest ERL prediction:
    Nice work !

Ya, originally i thought Changi South to serve Changi Business Park based on mapping but it is too near to the existing Expo station. So a good alternative is to have one station at Terminal 1/2 and another at 3/4 to serve our very big airport also be an interchange for ERL and EastWest line at T2.
    Do U have a better resolution map?

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Place your bets !!! A, B, C, D , E ,F or none of the below.

Went for a recce on my bike just now. Didnt realise that nicoll MRt station is actually this close to Coasta Rhu... i think it is less than 200m if there is a bridge. So i think if i work for LTA, i will recommend to build a bridge to link the costa rhu end to nicoll mrt by building a nice bridge.. like helix

then build the new ERL station at location E or nearer to new road bridge to serve the schools and new developments..or just build it at marina east if there is a new project

Quote Originally Posted by TOP
    Do U have a better resolution map?
    Ya, but for my private consumption/editing only . Sorry .

BTW the soil tests has moved forward from Parkway towards Marine Cres. Currently 3 test wells can be spotted between Still Road and Telok Kurau Road. I think they will move to Marine Cres very soon where potentially a station will be built.

Hi sealover,

I did some analysis of yr line after Bedok. Your line appears to follow the ECP but according to the LTA slides, it seems to be following the Changi Coast Road instead as shown in the pic below and the superimposition done by jlrx

Last edited by proper-t; 01-06-10 at 14:09.

mkkkkkkkkkkkk

I agree that it should be Changi Coast Rd by mapping method as there isn't telltale signs so far. My reason being that if the line is along Changi Coast Rd, it has to turn into the airport terminal ( most probably terminal 2/3/4 to interconnect with existing EastWest line ). As a result it is no more a straight line. Moreover turning from Changi Coast Line to airport has to cross the runway meaning more money to spend on building underground tunnel. So the only straight line is to run along ECP all the way to the airport.

Howeve, if the final outcome is along Changi Coast Rd, that means the existing Airport line will be extended to interconnect at a new ERL station outside the airport area just like the jlrx's maps.

BTW, I think there is a possibility that a station will be built but not in operation at the exit of the golf course for future development otherwise the line will be too long without a station.

Hi sealover,

I did some analysis of yr line after Bedok. Your line appears to follow the ECP but according to the LTA slides, it seems to be following the Changi Coast Road instead as shown in the pic below and the superimposition done by jlrx

I agree that it should be Changi Coast Rd by mapping method as there isn't telltale signs so far. My reason being that if the line is along Changi Coast Rd, it has to turn into the airport terminal ( most probably terminal 2/3/4 to interconnect with existing EastWest line ). As a result it is no more a straight line. Moreover turning from Changi Coast Line to airport has to cross the runway meaning more money to spend on building underground tunnel. So the only straight line is to run along ECP all the way to the airport.

Howeve, if the final outcome is along Changi Coast Rd, that means the existing Airport line will be extended to interconnect at a new ERL station outside the airport area just like the jlrx's maps.

BTW, I think there is a possibility that a station will be built but not in operation at the exit of the golf course for future development otherwise the line will be too long without a station.
    Yep, we'll know better once someone spots some soil tests around there. I am also of the opinion that a station may crop up around Tanah Merah. Other possibilities furtrher down the line could be the Ferry terminal or even Changi Village tho' I don't know whether the 12km line can stretch that far.

from the mapping, it looks like the MRT line is running along East Coast Road instead of Marine Parade road. Wonder if the soil test has also be done along East Coast Road?

Yep, we'll know better once someone spots some soil tests around there. I am also of the opinion that a station may crop up around Tanah Merah. Other possibilities furtrher down the line could be the Ferry terminal or even Changi Village tho' I don't know whether the 12km line can stretch that far.
    Sorry should be 21km and 12 stations not 12km.

Perfume - from the mapping, it looks like the MRT line is running along East Coast Road instead of Marine Parade road. Wonder if the soil test has also be done along East Coast Road?
    Most of the soil tests spotted so far are along Marine Parade road unless some observant forumers here can shed some light on other locations .

Today, I spotted soil testings along Marine Parade Road..

Exact locations :

One was was spotted just outside Grand Duchess..

Another one was spotted outside VJC along side Marine Parade Road

Last week, soil testings were detected at the traffic juction of Marine Crescent Road and Telok Kurau Road, no longer there since this week..

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Today, I spotted soil testings along Marine Parade Road..

Exact locations :

One was was spotted just outside Grand Duchess..

Another one was spotted outside VJC along side Marine Parade Road

Last week, soil testings were detected at the traffic juction of Marine Crescent Road and Telok Kurau Road, no longer there since this week..
    Yes, as I predicted before, there will be a station there called Telok Kurau. But after reviewing the data collected so far ( btw, I hv quite a complete soil test conducted so far, very kay po but very valuable to some ), I have shifted the station from Telok Kurau juction to somewhere at the exit of Marine Terrace and renamed it St Patrick station.

The soil test will sure move further down to Siglap area soon....

Yes, as I predicted before, there will be a station there called Telok Kurau. But after reviewing the data collected so far ( btw, I hv quite a complete soil test conducted so far, very kay po but very valuable to some ), I have shifted the station from Telok Kurau juction to somewhere at the exit of Marine Terrace and renamed it St Patrick station.

The soil test will sure move further down to Siglap area soon....
    hi guys

is the line going to be ABOVE ground or Underground?

soil test is to determine if the soil condition there can 'support' a heavy structure ... does not mean a Station

the test will be conducted thru the entire stretch of east coast... to finalise where the track will run .. so i think its too early to pin point where the station will be ..

otherwise everytime the do a test at a certain spot, people will speculate a station there ...

perhaps a better way is find a location with some 'empty plot' .. remember this .. at almost every station, there must be enuff space to build other amenities ..

i remember a friend in the know once told me .. near every station .. you can find a NTUC nearby ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    hi guys

soil test is to determine if the soil condition there can 'support' a heavy structure ... does not mean a Station

the test will be conducted thru the entire stretch of east coast... to finalise where the track will run .. so i think its too early to pin point where the station will be ..

otherwise everytime the do a test at a certain spot, people will speculate a station there ...

perhaps a better way is find a location with some 'empty plot' .. remember this .. at almost every station, there must be enuff space to build other amenities ..

i remember a friend in the know once told me .. near every station .. you can find a NTUC nearby ..
    Rather than looking for empty plots, the more important criteria is to site the station near "catchment areas". Marine Terrace will be a good catchment area.

Other good catchment areas further east will be as follow (my own opinion):

1. Victoria School/Fernwood/Mandarin Garden
    2. Sennet/Lucky Heights
    3. Temasek Primary School/HDB blocks at Bedok South Ave 3
    4. Bedok Camp Bus Interchange (provided that they begin developing the huge plot of land Upper East Coast Rd).

hi guys

the circle line must be an exception. lorong chuan and marymount hardly has any amenities nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    the circle line must be an exception. lorong chuan and marymount hardly has any amenities nearby.
    likewise Joo Koon, Pioneer, Lakeside, Dover, Kembangan, Tanah Merah.

Quote Originally Posted by levittdub
    Rather than looking for empty plots, the more important criteria is to site the station near "catchment areas". Marine Terrace will be a good catchment area.

Other good catchment areas further east will be as follow (my own opinion):

1. Victoria School/Fernwood/Mandarin Garden
    2. Sennet/Lucky Heights
    3. Temasek Primary School/HDB blocks at Bedok South Ave 3
    4. Bedok Camp Bus Interchange (provided that they begin developing the huge plot of land Upper East Coast Rd).

hhhmm ....

why i said ' empty plot' becos .you need a piece of land big enuff to build a station, at least some parking space etc ... i do not see how or where we can locate a station at senenett/lucky hts ..

mandarin garden ...maybe .. got empty space around there

as to Kane ... yes maybe circle got exception ..

but if you notice ..the existing station ...nearby ..either shopping, or school, or something coming up in the future .. dakota i feel is to ease Stadium crowd,

dover - Spore poly

i cant see a reason for a station in telok kurau or meyer ... dont see any potential for future development ..as they are very residential

yes, empty space is a must. i don't recall they have ever bought over an existing property, tear it down to make way for a station.

dakota is like a clean piece of paper, lots of open space for them to plan whatever amenities that should be placed there.

but i think when it comes to the second eastern line and thomson line, the primary objective is likely to be connectivity over amenities, that they intend to have everyone within 5-10mins walking time to the nearest mrt station.

Then owners of properties along speculated MRT line must be careful instead coz if land not enough, the state may do a buy back of some land that is obstructing the construction. And we all know at what rate it will be.

yes, empty space is a must. i don't recall they have ever bought over an existing property, tear it down to make way for a station.

dakota is like a clean piece of paper, lots of open space for them to plan whatever amenities that should be placed there.

but i think when it comes to the second eastern line and thomson line, the primary objective is likely to be connectivity over amenities, that they intend to have everyone within 5-10mins walking time to the nearest mrt station.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Then owners of properties along speculated MRT line must be careful instead coz if land not enough, the state may do a buy back of some land that is obstructing the construction. And we all know at what rate it will be.

yes i was about to mention that

remember those landed houses opposite potong pasir ??/

i think speculating and buying property on / near where the MRt is going to be can be dangerous ...

scarly buy a condo already ... govt buy back part of the land to build MRT station ... remember those condo along cavenagh ? one condo had their swimming pool area taken away ...to buy CTE ..

for the second east line, i think they should definitely have an mrt station connecting to Parkway Parade. they have enough critical mass living in the vicinity (a lot of high rise) plus a shopping mall to justify the traffic flow required for having a station.

but the problem is there isn't any space around there. in this particular case, i won't be surprised they actually make some acquisition to make way.

Though the area around the former Marine Parade Library, now Fairprice, is already earmarked for the MRT development?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Though the area around the former Marine Parade Library, now Fairprice, is already earmarked for the MRT development?

can't be right? they haven't announced the sites for the next 2 lines.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek

i dun think they have announced the exact location

but i do agree ...near the library would be a better choice

Believe that it was announced somewhere last year that the 2-storey shoplots there leases will not be renewed when it expired.

can't be right? they haven't announced the sites for the next 2 lines.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

oh right, then that'll increase the likelihood definitely.

oh right, then that'll increase the likelihood definitely.
    then Poshgrove ? will be a good buy

then Poshgrove ? will be a good buy
    everything in that vicinity would get a good push up.

St Pats and also Telok Kurau Lor M & N.

hi, anyone know what happened to Katong Mansion, looks like being enbloc.
    Who bought all the apt, looks like some development is happening there. Potential MRT site?